Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #31
bernadette86
soon to be low

Youth's you use that term very loosely. Are all youth's like that NO WERE NOT, im a youth does that make me a vandal instantly no it doesn't. Hmmm my youth consisted of working harder than anyone else I know try 16yrs old working full time in a very physical job 70+hours a week. I dont destroy cars I respect them, alot of youth's dont. I think an apology is in order to those who are not vandals. But Those who did that to your car will get karma big time. They'll be chewed up and spat out.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #32
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernadette86
Youth's you use that term very loosely. Are all youth's like that NO WERE NOT, im a youth does that make me a vandal instantly no it doesn't. Hmmm my youth consisted of working harder than anyone else I know try 16yrs old working full time in a very physical job 70+hours a week. I dont destroy cars I respect them, alot of youth's dont. I think an apology is in order to those who are not vandals. But Those who did that to your car will get karma big time. They'll be chewed up and spat out.
Most young people are decent and show respect but a small minority of them make it bad for the rest.
I could not picture a 50+ year old person doing that type of thing unless there were mental health issues.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #33
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Karma is a ********** fella, and they'll get what's coming sooner or later. This is the exact reason why as soon as I hear people walking outside my driveway, I look out the window to my car. Have a habit of waking up at night just to make sure it's ok. But you can't always protect your pride and joy. Chin up man.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #34
Sizey
Mk5 Transbulance

Holy %(&* mate. Whoever did it is scum an deseves to be beaten to a pulp. However don't automatically assume teenagers. We cop enough negative attention as it is.

B series xr6 wagon
Now deceased

BF Fairlane ex taxi
Now for more fun
[/CENTER]
Sizey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #35
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
those who curse this generation forget who raised it
Very well said!!!

I drive buses on the northern beaches (said to be the worst area for STA of NSW for youths) doing PM's and you see the scummy arrogant violent kids getting on the buses all the time with no respect for your property or the law.

Then on the odd chance i start earlier than 3 or 4 you see the parents getting on and stop wondering why kids are so bad when you see them.... everyone screams that their kids are out of control but in the majority of cases this is nothing but a pathetic excuse. Either parent is just as bad or simply doesn't care. There is that small percentage though where the kids are just idiots, plain and simply.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #36
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
Most young people are decent and show respect but a small minority of them make it bad for the rest.
I could not picture a 50+ year old person doing that type of thing unless there were mental health issues.
I could see plenty of 50+ year olds doing that, if you rile them up about their gt being a trailer queen , and give them some booze.
Age makes no difference, idiots will be idiots. Older people just know how to mask their stupidity better.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #37
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

Quote:
Jumping on the roof unlocks the doors because in the event of A rollover the roof caves in and it lands on the roof it automatically unlocks doors in case they are lock the occupants will be locked in there potentially unconscious.
who told u that rubbish?

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #38
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Karma is a ********** fella, and they'll get what's coming sooner or later. This is the exact reason why as soon as I hear people walking outside my driveway, I look out the window to my car. Have a habit of waking up at night just to make sure it's ok. But you can't always protect your pride and joy. Chin up man.
I do exactly the same thing, just can't help myself. lol
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #39
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Jumping on the roof unlocks the doors because in the event of A rollover the roof caves in and it lands on the roof it automatically unlocks doors in case they are lock the occupants will be locked in there potentially unconscious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elf100capri
who told u that rubbish?
Exactly. The cab area of a car is NOT air tight. There is ventilation built into the car. If the cab were air tight the next time your car sat in the hot sun the windows would crack or blow out as the air inside expands. And how the heck would a burst of air pressure unlock the doors? What is the science? The locks are mechanical mechanisms with linkages attached to them. Blow on them all you want, they are not going to move. There is no "diaphragm" on them for air pressure to cause them to move.

I agree with elf100capri, someone has been feeding you a line of bull.

Those are some very disturbed blokes that vandalized your car. Sounds like someone looking to steal the car first, then decided to make money off some parts when they couldn't, and then make it worse for you since they were mad they could not get your car. At any rate, someone without morals for sure. People like that don't get to stay free for long. Eventually their arrogance in what they are doing will be their own downfall.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!

Last edited by Ohio XB; 03-05-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #40
BA Turbo

ok my apologies for blamming the youth

quick update , they did bust the locks to get into it somehow the barrels been pushed in and the whole door handle snapped of causing the mechanical linkage to be pulled up and down via hand
BA Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #41
FocusLX06

Apology accepted.

Sorry to hear about ya car.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #42
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

As much as I abhor violence, when Jeremy Clarkson suggested that we should be able to shoot car thieves ... I kinda agreed with him.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #43
Jeddak
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the story of "jumping on the roof to open the doors"
since 1960 "anti burst "door locks have been fitted to cars to stop the doors from popping open during an crash so as to keep people inside instead of falling out and getting run over by their own car ( this used to be one of the biggest killers prior to that time )

so this story is mechanically impossible .. unless of course rust has eaten the doorlocks out altogether!!
O5 / 05 SX TS RWD Winter White, Driving Lights, Flaps, Racks, Turbo Grille, Ghia Bumper Trims and tailgate chrome , Colour Coded Mirrors,Tint,h/d towbar and chrome tow ball ,Sy chrome Beltline molds , leather and chrome shifter and Ghia Leather bound steering wheel
Stainless steel number plate frames and shifter quadrant, leather arm rest
All reconditioned SZ front suspension now in place
Chrome door pull inserts with chrome inner latch handles done
Jeddak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #44
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
And how the heck would a burst of air pressure unlock the doors?
sounds very much like the same dubious claim you can unlock a car door with a tennis ball. never heard it? well you're supposed to be able to punch a small hole in a tennis ball and use it to ram air pressure into the lock to open it.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #45
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
wrong.

this happened to my AU Fairmont (co incidence much?) in western Sydney in november last year.

came back to find the car still locked, however holding water in the roof, a flattened bonnet and bootlid where the teenager walked up, jumped and hopped off.

yes i do know who did it -people tell other people who tell other people and it gets back to you. yes it was a teen. no the police cant do anything about it without someone testifying basically.

insurance repaired my car (unfortunately) but it still sucked to see my pride and joy trashed.

i feel your pain mate. it sucks.

Last edited by HLC; 03-05-2010 at 03:09 PM.
HLC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #46
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry your baby has been attacked like this, i had my limo parked out front one day , i was walking up the driveway to my car only just in time to see two young blokes walking down the footpath, one changed direction toward my car and with a smile on his face took the stance like he was going to jump on my bonnet, i yelled out to him, GO ON TRY IT!, his face went white, i never saw the kid before, never seen him since. he would have been 14/15 year old, old people don`t do this sort of thing without a reason, i`m sorry there`s a greater percentage of young people out there that have`nt grown a brain yet or been parented properly, look on the news every night there`s an incident involving youngy`s, another vote for get the insurance to suss it out.

Last edited by mik; 03-05-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #47
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

People who do that kinda thing need there fingers stomped on, see how they like it!, bloody tools!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #48
bernadette86
soon to be low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
Exactly. The cab area of a car is NOT air tight. There is ventilation built into the car. If the cab were air tight the next time your car sat in the hot sun the windows would crack or blow out as the air inside expands. And how the heck would a burst of air pressure unlock the doors? What is the science? The locks are mechanical mechanisms with linkages attached to them. Blow on them all you want, they are not going to move. There is no "diaphragm" on them for air pressure to cause them to move.

I agree with elf100capri, someone has been feeding you a line of bull.

Those are some very disturbed blokes that vandalized your car. Sounds like someone looking to steal the car first, then decided to make money off some parts when they couldn't, and then make it worse for you since they were mad they could not get your car. At any rate, someone without morals for sure. People like that don't get to stay free for long. Eventually their arrogance in what they are doing will be their own downfall.

Steve
i never said that the air pressure pops the locks with newer model cars with electronic locks. when roof caves in the locks unlock. i have proved this with a commodore in a wrecking yard we dropped another car on top of it popped the locks.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #49
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i never said that the air pressure pops the locks with newer model cars with electronic locks. when roof caves in the locks unlock. i have proved this with a commodore in a wrecking yard we dropped another car on top of it popped the locks.
i have heard of this. if the doors are locked it just unlocks them. not actually opens the doors
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:59 AM   #50
seduced_xr
BF XR6

ive heard of this with VX/VT commodores. if you cave the centre of the roof they unlock, im told this is incase of a roll over?. this doesnt happen in a falcon as soon as you pull the interior door handle they unlock anyway.
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #51
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Yeah, heard of this with VTs as well, but not Falcons. Had someone telling me you hit the door or something, I knew that was a crock!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #52
Fireblade
Wizard Member

When I used to install car alarms many years ago I was told by the tech/cheif installer that if you jump on the centre of the roof it can short out the light which then obviously blows the fuse so the the alarm doesn't go off when opening the door as there is no voltage increase for the alarm to pick up when the door opens turning on the interior light. Not sure if this works anymore and its been 10 years since doing this job.

OP sorry to see your car like that, karma is wonderful thing it just sucks you wont get to see it in action when it hits the perpetraitor.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #53
ZDI-970
Formerly D3v[]

while its is bad to see your car like that i cant believe you blamed youths, maybe you should have replaced that with fools or something... and you say there were parts missing, how did they have time to take parts off or did they just break stuff off?
edit just relised you apologised, good man
ZDI-970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #54
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Karma is a ********** fella, and they'll get what's coming sooner or later.
No offense, who says this isn't karma coming back to bite ya in the behind BA_Turbo..? Have a good think about who you may have ****ed off recently. I can't imagine some random " youths " just doing it out of sheer " boredom ".

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #55
v gate

I got a funny story about some young punk **** kids who thought that the 10 or so of them ruled the streets 1 night.
I was sitting in my favorite chair. When she who knows all said you better feed the dogs. So off i go out the back with the dog food. I get out there and my male (English mastiff) is just looking at the fence. Now if you know mastiffs they love food so im thinking somethins up here and i go to head back inside to go out front. He is straight up my **** pushin me so i ease him up and head out the front door.
I get out there just in time to see 1 of them turning on the tap (yeah that will impress my fellow a grade students) when i here this bang. It was my best mate not listening to me thankfully coming to chew them up. Now i swear we could have won gold in all the running races ever held at the games just out of the few heroes that ran. The rest just stood there and shook (mind you i would to if 100 kg of unhappiness teeth wanted to meet me). To this day i will never forget the hero to zero looks.
And no more idiots messing around my yard
v gate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #56
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
wrong.

this happened to my AU Fairmont (co incidence much?) in western Sydney in november last year.

came back to find the car still locked, however holding water in the roof, a flattened bonnet and bootlid where the teenager walked up, jumped and hopped off.

yes i do know who did it -people tell other people who tell other people and it gets back to you. yes it was a teen. no the police cant do anything about it without someone testifying basically.

insurance repaired my car (unfortunately) but it still sucked to see my pride and joy trashed.

i feel your pain mate. it sucks.
wow ! Im shocked,...no really I am.
this thread doesnt surprise me one bit, the amount of idiotic teenagers I see on an almost day to day basis is staggering .
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #57
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I'd do some serious and permanent damage with a bat or a golf club if anyone ever did this to my car and I found out it was them, no matter who they were.

Hate people who do things like this, no respect!!!!
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #58
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what the snap is it with them targeting AU's Anybody ownting a Tseries or AUXR beware I say sorry to see another car ruined by stupidity - sad

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #59
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by v gate
I get out there just in time to see 1 of them turning on the tap (yeah that will impress my fellow a grade students) when i here this bang. It was my best mate not listening to me thankfully coming to chew them up. Now i swear we could have won gold in all the running races ever held at the games just out of the few heroes that ran. The rest just stood there and shook (mind you i would to if 100 kg of unhappiness teeth wanted to meet me). To this day i will never forget the hero to zero looks.
And no more idiots messing around my yard
You've got to love a dog that doesn't muck around when someone invades their turf. Keep my food warm, boss - I've got some punks to take care of.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #60
v gate

Spot on !!
That dog gave me some of my best days without doubt but he also got sick and gave me the worst decision i have ever had to make. still sucks after 5 years.
But i still got the memories of my best mate and he will be forever in my back yard
Im glad someone else enjoyed the story but it was 100xs better seeing it (proud dad)
v gate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post