Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #61
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Roadworks Frustration.

Vic roads in Victoria or whatever your state equivalent is, or local council.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #62
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Doesnt bother me. They're normally not that long and it ads sfa to the journey.
Usually it doesn't, but the worst I came across was a 100 zone in the middle of nowhere reduced to a 40 zone for about 20km.
Spread out over that 20kms there were about 5 small work crews. They were doing something with cables on the side of the road. I guess it was easier to have one speed limit covering the whole 5 work sites rather than each crew having their own signs.
Frustrating as hell in between each section. And no I did not stick to 40 the whole time. I did about 65 in between and slowed to 40 when seeing worker. No doubt if I saw a HP I would of got fined either way. That's why I only did 65 and not 100.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #63
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
Vic roads in Victoria or whatever your state equivalent is, or local council.
I thought so, I just don't see them rushing out to take signs down.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #64
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least half the roadwork company's don't follow the rules, that's why most drivers don't.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2016, 12:34 AM   #65
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
It would be nice if they did but....................

You didn't really expect a reply from a government department did you
Yes I damn well did...& I got one. Look up^
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2016, 12:37 AM   #66
Spurious

Here's the gov's response:

"Thank you for your emails below. I apologise for the delay in responding to your correspondence.

The site you have indicated below did have traffic management in place on the date and at the time you travelled through the area. The Department was undertaking sweeping of a resurfacing site near ****. This activity needs to be undertake to ensure that loose stone at resurfacing sites do not become a hazard to road users.

There may have been no indication of work when you travelled through the area as this particular site requires the necessary plant to travel out of the worksite and to re-enter if for another sweeping run. This manoeuvre involves travel along the parallel carriageway or a side road and therefore the plant would not be visible to a person driving through the work area."

Andrew Hargrave | A/ Manager Asset Management
Transport Infrastructure Services Division, Asset Management Branch | Department of State Growth
10 Murray Street TAS 7000 | GPO Box 536, Hobart TAS 7001
Phone: (03) 61663440 |
www.stategrowth.tas.gov.au

So...apparently, their particular sweeper is so big it can't reverse to do a follow up sweep run, it needs to drive around the block. But this makes it invisible to drivers apparently!!!
Old 24-09-2016, 12:53 AM   #67
Spurious

I am well & truelly being tested I can tell you.
With a new budget at their disposal, our local councils here in Tasmania are currently going off their nuts with repairs.
I seriously can't drive 500m in any direction from home & I'm in roadworks.
& today as an example, being Friday it was no surprise to see one site abandoned.

I swear I'm a "Donkey on the edge", to the point where I stopped a few days ago & ripped proverbial shreds off one crew.
These guys had only just set up their reduced speed zone, & the senior controller in charge of signage was forced to concede that the 50k sign he erected to signify the END of the work zone, should actually have been a 60k sign.
He insisted he would fix it ASAP, but refused to say why the 50k sign made it to the roadside in the first place!

"Serenity now" "Serenity NOW"
Old 24-09-2016, 01:03 AM   #68
Spurious

& the incident described in the OP cost me $250 & 3 points.

Lesson learned, but I did have a laugh at someone do near the exact same thing just a few days ago. A 110kph zone with dual lanes, reduced to one lane & 40kph.
From the front with cruise control set to 40kph, I watched a little red buzzbox scream up the "closed" lane behind me in an effort to pass as many cars as possible before the second lane ended.

Suffice to say, the driver was chomping at the bit to get passed me as we re-entered the regular speed zone, my response was to plant the boot & leave as though I'd stolen something.

I never did see that little red car again!
Old 24-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #69
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excuse me but living in country area of South Oz, what are these ;road works' you speak of, I would like to experience these, maybe they would improve your tracks over here.