Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #61
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: people flying into round abouts, youtube example

Quote:
also possible to turn left form the right lane in the other direction...

or with signs like this http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...6&ppuser=24537 (Farrington Road and Murdoch Drive Murdoch).
Old 07-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #62
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Agree.

Try telling that to all the morons on the Norwest Blvd/Lexington Drv roundabout beside Woolworths HQ. Probably up to 25% of them bend the rules every morning to try to get a few cars ahead. Every 30 seconds to a minute there's a near miss from a left-laner, or there's 2 clowns trying to exit into a single lane road (Lexington Dr) because the outside one has defied the rules, and they block the north-east bound traffic while they honk it out.

Funny how there's a marked improvement in the traffic flow when a cop on a bike parks up on the Resmed corner to observe the roundabout. All of a sudden it works again - well as best as it can with the "prioritised" flow effect generated by all the right turn traffic.

When people follow the rules (ie, when a cop is there) it flows much better - that's why they implement rules.

But you can't educate people with self-entitlement issues.....
You wouldnt believe what I saw was just around the corner in Victoria st where the car dealers are, those 3 round abouts through the 50km stretch. Up near the hillsong/shell servo gets pretty out of control some days.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #63
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know the area well. I figured you'd know Norwest Blvd. Out of control is most days!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #64
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
well to be be completely honest stefan, when i saw it i had some empathy for the girl, imo driving into the drive door is much more serious that a rear ender, it could have killer her. and the lack of action on the cam drivers part was quite amazing.

yeah, Sydney is a big rat race, thank god i,m far from it.
Without entering into the stupid argument that one state is better than another, I have been driving for over 30 years whilst living in qld,nsw,vic&wa. I currently live in sydney & can honestly say it is the worst city for aggressive & impatient drivers by a long shot. Before you ask, I'm from tasmania. Wife & I are moving to blue mountains soon, will be nice to have sane roads again.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: