Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 AM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Unhappy New Fiesta... *heart broken*

The new fiesta zetec will not only have better suspension but also shorter gear ratios ''for faster acceleration'' $@!& i have to trade mine in now..

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Now tell me.... which ar$e hole here works for Ford?! HEY! Cause, any bet there is a Spy taking hints from my mods.... I have the rims, and i lowered it..... NOW ITS STOCK AGAIN!?!?! what the?!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 03:06 AM   #3
0xyg3n

They could of copied mine :P
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default New fiesta

I want the new gear ratios :P now now now
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 11-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Now tell me.... which ar$e hole here works for Ford?! HEY! Cause, any bet there is a Spy taking hints from my mods.... I have the rims, and i lowered it..... NOW ITS STOCK AGAIN!?!?! what the?!
If anything you should be happy Ford listen to what their customers want. Kind of annoying yeah, but model upgrades are always a bit painful if you own the model thats on the way out.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Think about all those people who had HSV's from 1998 till now. Every time there was so much as a series upgrade they keupt upping the power by about 5 to 10 kW each time!

I Still think the new fez looks great.

EDIT: Looks like they got rid of the coloured dash for OZ, and somehow now the rer end has grown on me and i like it. It should appeal to the masses much more now.

Last edited by Danny; 11-12-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
2dogs
Starter Motor

i work at ford!!
2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it the same price as the old fez'?
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogs
i work at ford!!
Lol! Good for you!

Welcome to AFF
Old 06-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #10
2dogs
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Lol! Good for you!

Welcome to AFF

No probs. Im looking at ways to hot up the missus silver Zetec.
I was thinking orange gt stripes
2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #11
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey 2 dogs

GT stripes are the way to go. U thinking over the bonnet roof or, side one??
Old 06-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
Danny
GT4.

I want white ones over the top of the car.... I dont know where to get them or how to look for them
Old 06-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #13
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try PowerImage or something its in Preston/Bell Rd
Old 06-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #14
joshf2
striped

most signage companies that work with vinyl graphics should be able to help you out. mine were done by a friend who works in a signage company.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #15
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

UCY Powerimage thats the right one :]

first noticed them when I saw this riced up prelude
Old 16-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #16
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
The new fiesta zetec will not only have better suspension but also shorter gear ratios ''for faster acceleration'' $@!& i have to trade mine in now..
thread mining, yes, i know, but stumbled across this whilst checking dimensional specs for the fiesta....

this closer gear ratio's i find mildly amusing, because although the ratio's are indeed slightly closer, the final drive is taller. final ratio's are only just different, and only by an order of about 5-7%.

not worth the screaming and shouting i reckon.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #17
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

well i can only assume the Zetec will use the gearratios from the enlish Zetec S model.

0-100 times for the zetec S are 9.8 seconds i believe. which certainly is better than 10.4.
9.8 will bring the fiesta closer in performance to the sri barina and the mazda 3

Loads of fun :
Old 17-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
this closer gear ratio's i find mildly amusing, because although the ratio's are indeed slightly closer, the final drive is taller.
Yeah, That was the first thing I noticed. I guess final drive had to be taller for highway cruising. As the Fiesta even with normal gearing sits high up in the RPM's at freeway speeds.
Old 17-01-2006, 10:41 PM   #19
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

yeah thats one thing that does have to be sorted i think... even though i seemed to get great economy on the highway at 3 thousand rpm. i guess it doesnt matter with such a little engine, if its only light throttle used.

Loads of fun :
Old 21-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #20
Danny
GT4.

Just saw two LX's in the flesh. They look great! The bump in the headlight is only for the parking light and doesn't look bad. Interior is awesome, and so is the whole meaner looking fornt and grille set up. Rear end I do not like at all. Neither did the blokes at Ford.

Anyways, I want a Sea Grey Zetec, with the Ruby Interior, scuff plates, reverse sensors, leather gear knob, and clear indicators.

They also have an Aux inlet for an I'pod. Thats ИИИИed me off, I want one too. NO MORE CD's!!
Old 21-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

the new tango colour is awesome

Loads of fun :
Old 22-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #22
Danny
GT4.

Yes. Tis.
Old 23-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well then... I was just at the Ford Dealer. Ok, from the front it looks fine, but then stand at the drivers door and look at the front lights, and it looks VERY wrong. The rear circular reflectors look wrong also.

The dash is growing on me... i like the materials, but I am not so fond of the design itself... neither do i like the instrument cluster.

Two things i did notice:
- The LX comes with the column stalk for the radio standard
- There is a WEIRD knob on the stalk on the right of the steering wheel.... there the wipers are, where are numbers 1-6... i doubt they would be the speed of the wipers?!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 24-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

the numbers 1-6 are probably the radio station selectors.

Loads of fun :
Old 24-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
the numbers 1-6 are probably the radio station selectors.
Not sure if you have used the Stalk from a Zetec... but its on the left of the steering wheel (standard on the new Mk6.5 LX). The numbers 1-6 are on the right...

Day off tomorrow so i might take the LX for a test drive!

Old 24-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
0xyg3n

Just looked at a pic of a facelift ST and it looks like the wiper speed to me. But there isn't anything listed in the specs about it.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post