Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 22-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #31
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842
Service done at Dale Ford earlier in the week. Tyres rotated & balanced, ...
I notice you're not the first one to mention this. My dealer (Sinclair Ford at Penrith) have never done tyre rotation and balance at the three services so far. My car's not here at the moment so I can't check the log book but I don't seem to remember the tr & b listed as part of the services.

Does Dale Ford (and the others) charge extra for this? (All my services have cost around $264 so far.)
Old 22-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #32
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
I notice you're not the first one to mention this. My dealer (Sinclair Ford at Penrith) have never done tyre rotation and balance at the three services so far. My car's not here at the moment so I can't check the log book but I don't seem to remember the tr & b listed as part of the services.

Does Dale Ford (and the others) charge extra for this? (All my services have cost around $264 so far.)
I reckon mine weren't rotated either. I'll have to have a look at the log book when I see it again - my partner drives it mostly these days, even though I pay the lease!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #33
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dropped min in other day to get aircond and few other bits looked at. I asked them to roatate tyres while they were at it. Tehy havent been rotated since new (22,000km) ad fronts were gitting a bit thin. Backs like new almost.

They charged me $20 for it.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #34
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its on my invoice from Dale's under 'includes' Rotated wheels following manufacturers recommended sequence; of course then they have listed & charged me for it & a balance!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After my service they regassed the aircond, it seems a bit better, but not great still. I had loaner fiesta for the day. Iwas COLD in that, i used to bale to be cold in my BA too, this is more liek my EL, it gets cool.

Also, water is still gathering in the door wells when i wash it or it rains.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #36
warren77

Just booked mine in with a Perth dealer today. 12 month service because not hit the KMs limited.

$313 for the service, which includes "fully synthetic" oil.
I did ask for a discount because I asked them not to wash the car - service manager didn't find it very funny.

Will let you know how it goes. Have asked them to check the keyless start system as yesterday whilst driving I got the "Key not in car" error message.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #37
ian b

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
I did ask for a discount because I asked them not to wash the car - service manager didn't find it very funny.
Hey Warren, like your style
Old 27-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #38
warren77

Respond over at http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11258700

Reprinted here

I already had the car booked into same dealer I bought it off.

$313 later and looking at the invoice, not sure what they actually did.

At the 15,000km service the wheels do not get rotated. Seems strange to me.

Complained about two items:
1) Happened twice in the past two weeks I have had the message "key not in car". A pretty good trick considering it was in my pocket and I was driving at 60km/hr!
2) On the weekend after not having driven it for two days, got the message "low battery".

Trouble Shooting:
Plug the computer in which said the car hadn't reported any codes.
I asked the service consultant if they tried starting the car, getting out of the car with the keys and seeing if the code was actually recorded? All I got back was a blank look. Suspect that fob errors are not stored once they are cleared.

Battery - again, no error faults found. Checked charging and voltage levels and appears to be fine.

Solutions presented to customer
1) Hope it doesn't happen again
2) Leave the car with us until such time as it happens again.

Not feeling overly reassured.
Old 18-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #39
Zippy7

Posting here because the other thread says Perth in the title.

Has anyone in Sydney done their 12month service on an XR5 Turbo?
I am curious to know if my closest dealers are plain rip-off artists...

The 2 Ford dealerships I rang quoted $460 and $430.
And the $460 no longer includes complimentary loan vehicle.

Cheers.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #40
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

Sinclair Ford in Penrith have always been very good to me. Had all services done there, including 45,000klm yesterday, and cost has always been less than $250. Mine is a Zetec but wouldn't have thought there would be that much difference in servicing costs.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #41
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion
Sinclair Ford in Penrith have always been very good to me. Had all services done there, including 45,000klm yesterday, and cost has always been less than $250. Mine is a Zetec but wouldn't have thought there would be that much difference in servicing costs.
The fully synthetic oil makes a small difference in cost.
But I also think there is a premium applied to the cost for two reasons
1) The extra cylinder
2) The turbo badge
Or maybe that is just my cynical side coming out ;)
Old 20-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #42
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion
Now that's interesting because my Zetec has now done 44,000 and Sinclair have charged me $270 for the services.

I'm taking it Kmart for the 45,000 service: they have quoted $190 for a log book service and will include tyre rotation and balancing in the service which Sinclair Ford have never done.
Old 23-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #43
Zippy7

Ok. I collected my car from NRMA MotorServe today.
My wife had dropped it off there this morning, and they quoted her a price of $215. They admitted they made a mistake with this price, and were very good to honour it. And to top that, they even applied the member discount, which then worked out to be $205 all up. The main reason for the underquote was Semi-synthetic oil vs. Fully synthetic.
Despite all the Valvoline product displays, the receipt quoted that they used Castrol Edge Sport. They left me a small bag of lollies, and did not wash the car (which is only a good thing!!).

I am a happy customer - heaps cheaper than my nearby stealerships. I think I might do 1 service with the stealership just to get computer updates and stuff like that, but not a full service. Maybe one of their "summer offers" or something, provided those cheaper services qualify to get the computer updates
Old 24-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #44
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Ok. I collected my car from NRMA MotorServe today.
My wife had dropped it off there this morning, and they quoted her a price of $215. They admitted they made a mistake with this price, and were very good to honour it. And to top that, they even applied the member discount, which then worked out to be $205 all up. The main reason for the underquote was Semi-synthetic oil vs. Fully synthetic.
Despite all the Valvoline product displays, the receipt quoted that they used Castrol Edge Sport. They left me a small bag of lollies, and did not wash the car (which is only a good thing!!).

I am a happy customer - heaps cheaper than my nearby stealerships. I think I might do 1 service with the stealership just to get computer updates and stuff like that, but not a full service. Maybe one of their "summer offers" or something, provided those cheaper services qualify to get the computer updates
Are you sure that even a stealership even does the computer updates? I didn't see it as a tick box on the sheet I got back from my service. And I had logged some computer related issues. You would think if they updated the software, that is the first thing they would tell me they did to "fix" the issue. Instead all I got was "unable to replicate"
Old 24-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #45
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Are you sure that even a stealership even does the computer updates? I didn't see it as a tick box on the sheet I got back from my service. And I had logged some computer related issues. You would think if they updated the software, that is the first thing they would tell me they did to "fix" the issue. Instead all I got was "unable to replicate"
Well - to be honest, when I had the complimentary 3mth "service", I did ask them if they could update the computer software to get the instantaneous fuel consumption. They were either too lazy or too ignorant, and told me there was no such update, despite others posting that it was done by their dealers. Perhaps if I have the time, I may go for a drive to a dealership that is a forum sponsor, in the hope they might treat us properly.
Old 25-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #46
r2d2

I have asked to turn on the auto locking feature, but when they couldnt find it anywere. I think some of them have very basic computer software, not the full spectrum.
Old 25-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #47
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Well - to be honest, when I had the complimentary 3mth "service", I did ask them if they could update the computer software to get the instantaneous fuel consumption. They were either too lazy or too ignorant, and told me there was no such update, despite others posting that it was done by their dealers. Perhaps if I have the time, I may go for a drive to a dealership that is a forum sponsor, in the hope they might treat us properly.
I asked for the instant fuel economy as well during a warranty trip, they said it wasn't possible. Might be worth posting on the Euro forum to ask where it is located. I had to do that for the auto locking, which is (apparently in the IDS) called anti-hijack.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #48
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry for the thread mine

I just had my XR5 serviced for the 15,000. Cost was $410. This included wheel rotation, balance and alignment. No idea what the cost would have been just on it's own.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #49
Fenno70
Starter Motor

Had mine serviced yesterday at Essendon Ford VIC.

Total cost: $339.70

Time taken: 2 hours (mind you a nice looking girl who got their after me only had to wait 40 mins!!)

Told them Climate Control was making a funny clicking noise - didn't check and I forgot to ask after two hours.

Boot lid is also scuffing the Bumper...forgot to tell them, but someone else here had same issue and they got it fixed so will follow that up.

What did I get: $142.50 was for labour

Parts: $166.22 (the rest was Tax).

They charged for an oil filter ($30.28), oil ($82.23) and the rest was minor stuff which is just nice filler to make profit on - $50 worth including $21 for Clear Jet whatever that is.

I have to go back and get a wheel nut drilled off as a tyre company over tightened the security nut and they stripped it trying to get it off.

Front tyres are wearing quickly - double the rate of the rear.

They were very nice, polite, friendly and the cafe waiting area was great.

I was OK with the cost...used to use mobile guys and guaranteed everytime you get the spiel about flushing the injectors for $150. What a rort. Then I found out they used wrong oil, wrong coolant, broke sensors and over tightened sump plug where it had to be drilled out. This was on my previous Vectra.

Last edited by Fenno70; 09-05-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Fenno70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #50
hotdiesel
Starter Motor

Smile

My 2009 MB Titanium TDCi Auto had its 15K service today in Melbourne at a cost of $379.

Labour was $215, being the service charge of $190 plus $25 for rotation of wheels.
Petrol, Oil & Lubricants (POL) totalled $63.
Other Parts $45.

This included the item "R & R All Wheels, Balance & Rotate As Required".
However, although the book says the scheduled service includes the above rotation, it cost me an additional $25.

Is this normal pricing practice?

Two items were actioned under warranty, being LHR Bumper pushing out under rear light & RHR 1/4 glass trim incorrectly fitted.

Apart from the above misgivings, I am very pleased with the overall performance of the Mondeo Diesel.
However next time I purchase a new car, I must negotiate future service charges at purchase time!!

Love the Grunt!!
hotdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #51
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdiesel
My 2009 MB Titanium TDCi Auto had its 15K service today in Melbourne at a cost of $379.

Labour was $215, being the service charge of $190 plus $25 for rotation of wheels.
Petrol, Oil & Lubricants (POL) totalled $63.
Other Parts $45.

This included the item "R & R All Wheels, Balance & Rotate As Required".
However, although the book says the scheduled service includes the above rotation, it cost me an additional $25.

Is this normal pricing practice?

Two items were actioned under warranty, being LHR Bumper pushing out under rear light & RHR 1/4 glass trim incorrectly fitted.

Apart from the above misgivings, I am very pleased with the overall performance of the Mondeo Diesel.
However next time I purchase a new car, I must negotiate future service charges at purchase time!!

Love the Grunt!!
Sounds about right.....depending on what the other $59 $$$'s were for....as RRP on that service is $320. - See
here

The invoicing is done however they want really to make up the scheduled service amount...it's just dependant on what they do....check the invoice for things like 'washer solution sachet' what oil they used, shop supplies, enviro levy, and any other priced items...Depends on how they've invoiced it.

Hope that helps.
entheos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #52
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I detest all these little 'profit makers' = if you didn't ask for it, if they didn't ask you if you wanted it, if you didn’t authorise it, if it isn't on the service schedule than you are quite within your rights to refuse to pay for it. Lesson to all, find out exactly what they intend to do and what you will be charged for before you leave the car. No good checking the 'book' after the fact and finding out the wheel rotation is included in the service than paying for it again.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post