Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
warren77

Default 3000Km Service

My XR5 went in for it's first service on Friday.

A few things were wrong with it:
1. Sunroof trim coming off
2. Sunroof rattles
3. Front seat belt adjuster doesn't move

All those things are being fixed under warranty hopefully when the parts come in.

Questions out of the service:
1. They (the dealer) didn't wash or vacuum the car - is that normal? Having come from Subaru servicing, where the car is ALWAYS washed and vaccumed, it is a bit of a let down.
2. The service sticker says the car is due for a service at 10,500km and an oil change at 10,500. Is this a mistake? I thought the service interval was higher than this (havent had a chance to pull the book out and look).

warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
My XR5 went in for it's first service on Friday.

A few things were wrong with it:
1. Sunroof trim coming off
2. Sunroof rattles
3. Front seat belt adjuster doesn't move

All those things are being fixed under warranty hopefully when the parts come in.

Questions out of the service:
1. They (the dealer) didn't wash or vacuum the car - is that normal? Having come from Subaru servicing, where the car is ALWAYS washed and vaccumed, it is a bit of a let down.
2. The service sticker says the car is due for a service at 10,500km and an oil change at 10,500. Is this a mistake? I thought the service interval was higher than this (havent had a chance to pull the book out and look).
I know when my car and my old lady's car (2006 Fiesta) was at Ford service for there 3000km the didnt get washed or vacumbed. However my car did get washed and vacummed once at Ford service while in for Warranty must have been lucky. So id so know to the washing and vacuming (as a general rule of thumb) both where at differant Adelaide Ford dealers for 3000km free service.

With the oil change the XR5 could be differant as its a turbo. But both of our Fords are 15000km scheduled service (but there is a supplementary 7500 km service for cars used in extreme conditions etc)

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends on the dealer for your vehicle to be washed and vaced. I think all dealers should!
Old 28-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
ian b

1 I have never had my car detailed after a Ford Australia service.(since 2004)
The usual excuse is "due to water restrictions please understand the reason that we have not......". But would I want to pay an increased service cost for some spotty work experience oik to scratch my paintwork and listen to the CD player or retune the radio. The 3000k service is "free" so they are unlikely to throw in any extras anyway.

2 Service for the XR5 is at 15000. Maybe the work experience boy was told to write out the sticker instead of washing your car.

Apart from the sunroof problems, how do you rate the car?
Old 28-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
mariajosie
Starter Motor

Thumbs down

I took my mondeo today also to ford for the first 3000km service and it never got washed or vacuum!

Last edited by mariajosie; 28-07-2008 at 04:21 PM.
mariajosie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
warren77

Ian B - overall, I am happy with the car. I was coming from a 2003 Subaru Liberty RX (only $75,000KMs) which was in perfect condition. So some high expectations!

I was orginally only looking at the Liberty GT (2.5T Turbo) or the Mazda 6 MPS.
One of the guys at work suggested the Mondeo.
Powerwise, it is down on both of those but feature wise and value for money, is well and truely above them.

The extra power is great - the RX was always about 25kilowatts short. There is no noticable turbo lag like I found in the Maxda MPS.
The clutch is softer as well - I would prefer it a bit harder but I love the 6sp box.

My loves:
1. The boot! I am involved in sport and can get my kit bag in and more with no issues.
2. Heated seats (more my partners she loves them).
3. The look - still being quite new, get lots of looks.
4. The power - ok so not the most powerful but more than the Liberty
5. Road noise - very happy with how quiet it is.
6. Stereo and bluetooth - great quality.
7. Handling - still fun to drive and grips well

My grips:
1. Sunroof rattle
2. 12V stay on for 30 minutes afterwards.
3. No 12V in the glovebox yet that is where the 3.5mm stereo jack is. Makes sense to me
4. Visablity - at times a bit average. Parking and reversing can be a challenge, especially compared to the Liberty.
5. The water in the boot! Yep, mine has that as well.
6. The overall Ford experience - I have been disappointed with that from my first vist to the sales yard through to the most current service. My Subi dealer was much better in many ways - greetings, follow through and general piece of mind.
7. The tow pack - seems to be WAY over priced. I got quoted "around $900". The around is because they weren't sure how long to wire it up. I thought that was excessive.
8. Still in two minds about the traction control - car seems to "bounce" if you give it a bit too much stick.

All in all, extremely happy. Would recommend one to anyone out there.
Old 28-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I got mine washed with the 3000km service at Torque Ford at North Lakes.

Have to see if they keep up the good work.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
Depends on the dealer for your vehicle to be washed and vaced. I think all dealers should!
lol ever see into some peoples cars they use them as trash bins for McDonalds
takeaway,drink cans,pizza,water bottles, etc bit hard for them to clean that mess

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
lol ever see into some peoples cars they use them as trash bins for McDonalds
takeaway,drink cans,pizza,water bottles, etc bit hard for them to clean that mess
Do the FORD apprentices do that to our cars? :P
I've never had a car serviced at Ford yet, so not sure what to expect. Think about it this way -> If they don't wash it, then they won't be putting new swirl marks on the car!!
Old 28-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

If ford ever wash my car, I will go nuts at them.

Every time I service the car there I leave a note requesting no car wash. The hacks at dealerships rush their washes and use poor / dirty equipment. No way will I pay for them to scratch / swirl my car's paint.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
If ford ever wash my car, I will go nuts at them.

Every time I service the car there I leave a note requesting no car wash. The hacks at dealerships rush their washes and use poor / dirty equipment. No way will I pay for them to scratch / swirl my car's paint.
Yep, I won't let them wash my cars either. Black requires a lot of care to avoid swirl marks so I prefer to wash it myself.

I don't know why anybody would 'expect' to have their car washed as part of a service. The dealer may choose to offer this as part of their customer care but to 'expect' it is a bit much I think.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #12
Zippy7

Hey Warren,

Did you call the stealership to find out if they really want you to come back for 10,500km service, or they acknowledge it was a mistake and should have been 15,000kms...

I would have expected them to advise you if they want you to service outside the recommended service intervals.
Old 30-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
warren77

Car is going back on Friday because the parts should have arrived - even though I asked for the sunroof trim to be replaced a week into owning the car, the dealer "forgot" to order it.

Will be asking them then.

So, to all the Perth-ites, which Ford dealer does a decent job? Been a bit disappointed by the dealer I used (no, not mentioning names) mainly due to their lack of customer service and attention to detail.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
warren77

Car has come back from second trip to the dealer for the 3000km service.
Sunroof fixed and now not rattling.
Seat belt adjuster fixed
Sticker updated to read 15000km.

I also got given a survey where I have been brutually honnest. Will see if they actually listen. One ofthe questions was "Did the car come back cean". The answer is yes but only becase I had washed it the day before! ;-)
Old 06-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh love those in house surveys damn if you do and damn if you don't meaning if you complain they may treat you differently if you don't, depends who reads them

apstar
Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #16
warren77

Apstar - we do them for the company I am involved in and read every one. It is a great way to learn what your customers really think!

I do have fairly high expectations as a customer, especially one who has spent $50K on a car. For example, the sun roof trim was ordered when I had done 1200KMs. They said 6 weeks, which was right on track for my 3000km service. Wanted the two to line up. They "forgot" to order it. I had to take the car back a week later to get it fitted. Good customer service said that they would have provided me with a loan car for their mistake (or at least something to acknowledge that their error was costing me time and money). Instead, there was nothing - not an further acknowledgement that it was a pain for me to be coming in again.

So throwing it out there again, who are the good Ford Service people in Perth?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #17
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Apstar - we do them for the company I am involved in and read every one. It is a great way to learn what your customers really think!
hmmm I sure the accuracy rate of surveys are low I mean if you want the truth on a point see what the answer is for Q2 with Q1 & Q3 there to seek you out if your making it up JMHO

apstar
Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #18
Katoomba

Quote:
...Good customer service said that they would have provided me with a loan car ...
That's something I miss. Back in the 80s & 90s I bought several Leyland vehicles - Range Rovers, a Jag, Triumph TR7 and a few others - from the same dealership. Getting the cars serviced always involved getting a free loan car.

I asked at my local Ford dealership and they have one loan car which costs $30 a day and must be booked weeks in advance. They do at least have a shuttle service to and from the station.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #19
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ha! Katoomba, dont rely on that bus. Arrange a loan car or a mate to give you a lift.
TWice i have sat in our local dealers yard (yep same one as you) for an hour or more waiting for the courtesy bus or a lift to penrith station. Once I gave up and walked, even tho it was raining.
"He wont be long, mate..."
became
"we will ring him"
then
"Oh are you still here?"
One time after a loooong wait he finally turned up, when i get in he immediately drives to servo, fills up and comes out with a big bag of shopping and food. He couldnt have dropped me off first?
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #20
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Ha! Katoomba, dont rely on that bus
Know exactly what you mean! At the 3000 service I waited over an hour to get to the station and then again like a shag on a rock on the cinema steps in the arvo.

I had a lift yesterday and have another again today thankfully.

The biggest pain is in the servicing: driving down to Penrith then getting the train back home then in reverse means 5 -7 hours of my life I never get back. The dealer used to have a service centre at the Shell servo in Lawson and the manager, Tony, who ran it was brilliant. They also had a small showroom 50m up the road which was a trap for me as I bought several cars from them on impulse :-) - really friendly atmosphere with no high pressure from the saleman Lawrie . I wish they had never closed either of them.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #21
Zippy7

How long do they keep your car hostage for the 3000km service?
Old 25-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #22
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

My dealer arranged my 3000km "peace of mind service" to be done while I waited .......... 45 to 60 mins
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #23
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least mine gives me free breakfast while I wait :thebirds:

apstar
Old 26-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #24
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Free!!! ........... lol no such thing as free my friend........ somewhere, somehow, somebody's paying!!
Old 26-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #25
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok..... my dealer is offering breakfast to me while I wait for my car then if I need to go anywhere during that time I have access to a curiosity car

apstar
Old 26-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #26
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like they are looking after you!
Old 26-09-2008, 08:36 AM   #27
Zippy7

I've booked in for next week. My dealer is offering me a courtesy vehicle, but I have to drop the car off at sales - I bet I get a demo or something

The main reason I was wanting to know how long they keep the car hostage, is due to the fact that I have 2 kiddy seats in the back. Given that I just had them sorted out last weekend, I don't want to go through the whole thing again twice in a day.

I think I'll take the demo car, and leave the seats in the back of my car. The kids can stay at home for a day
Old 26-09-2008, 08:37 AM   #28
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
ok..... my dealer is offering breakfast to me while I wait for my car then if I need to go anywhere during that time I have access to a curiosity car

apstar
Where is this free breakfast???
Old 26-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #29
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have an upstairs area for a small bristo privately runed that supplies coffee etc for customers and staff

apstar
Old 15-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #30
PeterKD
Starter Motor

Quote:

I do have fairly high expectations as a customer, especially one who has spent $50K on a car. For example, the sun roof trim was ordered when I had done 1200KMs. They said 6 weeks, which was right on track for my 3000km service. Wanted the two to line up. They "forgot" to order it. I had to take the car back a week later to get it fitted. Good customer service said that they would have provided me with a loan car for their mistake (or at least something to acknowledge that their error was costing me time and money). Instead, there was nothing - not an further acknowledgement that it was a pain for me to be coming in again.

So throwing it out there again, who are the good Ford Service people in Perth?
Are there any good Ford service people in Perth? Not in my experience!!!
PeterKD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post