Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #31
jasonsultana@oz
Starter Motor

Hi - I bought for work purposes a Zetec Hatch (sales rep) and have had it for a few weeks. The car does not miss a beat and agree with the other owners with the issues. I was fortunate with my purchase as the car was in stock and was delivered within 5 working days from purchase. I was looking at Mazda 6 and also a Subaru Liberty and Forrester. The Mondeo gave me the best features and value for money compared to the other three cars. Hope this helps.
jasonsultana@oz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #32
barnsey78
Starter Motor

Hi guys
I have a Zetec Hatch, The best handling car I have ever owned, better than the Bf XR6 I used to own.
Here are my gripes

Seats seem flat, they dont tend to hold you in, and the material looks crappy!!
Fuel econ about 9.8l per 100k, about the same as i used to get in my falcon
The steering wheel is a bit thin
Its not as zippy as youd think
The air sometimes takes a while to cool
I also find that in the front seats there is not a lot of space around you, the dash seems to come out a fair bit into the leg space. I noticed this when i drove it home, but really noticed it when I have rented an aurion for few days.

Still a great car, that i would recommend to anyone. the pluses far outway the minuses.
barnsey78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #33
wjf

Hi all, I've been visiting this forum since I ordered my car in late March - a Sea Grey TDCi hatch which I wont be getting until July - but I'm a first time poster.

I was wondering if the standard tint that comes with the car is actually dark enough or if the dealer tint (you know, "the darkest legal tint") is preferbale.

I've ordered the tint but I've got plenty of time to change my mind! I'm interested in your opinions.
wjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #34
scribbly

Well... given the big deal aired at other posts about the aircon I would highly recommend you go for the extra tint. Having had my last car (Territory) with the standard tint I can tell you that the extra tint is great. It even sightly dims the lights on the traffic coming up behind you and you can add the anonymity of the darker interior as well. :

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #35
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf
Hi all, I've been visiting this forum since I ordered my car in late March - a Sea Grey TDCi hatch which I wont be getting until July - but I'm a first time poster.

I was wondering if the standard tint that comes with the car is actually dark enough or if the dealer tint (you know, "the darkest legal tint") is preferbale.

I've ordered the tint but I've got plenty of time to change my mind! I'm interested in your opinions.
Welcome aboard.....

I wondered the same thing, in the end I got the tint and love it! It’s darker than most as the windows are a blue color from factory but it really does look good. IMO.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #36
wjf

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will stick with the dealer tint...

Now to decide if I should get the Euro plates!!!

July cant come quick enough...it gives me too much time to think of what else I can add to the car!
Old 29-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #37
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf

Another advantage with the UK version I think they have Blue Glass as an option

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #38
TheColonel

XR5's come with the blue tint glass, it's just a blue glass i wouldn't call it a tint as such, i don't know about the rest of the range we get here though... the cool thing the UK does get is the privacy glass... that is black as!
Old 29-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #39
monkeyboy666

I think the XR5 has blue tinted glass, the others have green? I got mine expensively tinted before delivery (the little picture on the left of this gives an indication of the level of tint). You can always get it done later at a tinting place for half the price that Ford charge to drive it around there before delivery and get them to do it...
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #40
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will stick with the dealer tint...

Now to decide if I should get the Euro plates!!!

July cant come quick enough...it gives me too much time to think of what else I can add to the car!
We did not bother with dealer tint, its not dark enough and its a rip off.

We got WA Euro plates, well worth it. I'll post some pictures once the tint is done on Monday next week
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #41
mariajosie
Starter Motor

I ordered my TDCi mondeo in Tango with sunroof, leatherseats and bluetooth the other day, that was my first choice colour, but the salesman rang me today saying that I would have to wait until august or september to get one in that colour, my second choice was thunder, they have one coming this month sometime from europe in thunder, so I have decided to go for that colour, hopefully I will get it around the end of may or early june. I think thunder is quite a classic colour.
mariajosie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #42
wjf

August or September sounds about right if they dont have the car in stock. I ordered mine in late March and it's scheduled to arrive in early July. My first two choices (Sea Grey and Tonic) were not avabilbale in the spec I wanted but I was offered alternate colours and specs. I chose to stick to my guns and keep with Sea Grey and spec level.

RE Euro plates - Vicroads sells two types, standard (520mm x 112mm) and mini (372mm x 100mm).

I am assuming that the Mondeo will accept the standard plate, which is my preferred option. Can anyone confirm?
Old 13-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #43
TheColonel

It certainly will WJF, it's made for them
Old 13-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #44
wjf

Thanks mate, I ordered them this afternoon

As of this week Vicroads now have white text on black plates also available which look really cool, but hardly authentic...I ordered the more authentic looking black text on white.

It's a failry steep price but it's a one off payment. I understand there is an ongoing fee in NSW which sounds harsh!

I am still a sucker though!!!!

Old 14-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #45
monkeyboy666

Mariajosie wrote: I ordered my TDCi mondeo in Tango with sunroof, leatherseats and bluetooth the other day, that was my first choice colour, but the salesman rang me today saying that I would have to wait until august or september to get one in that colour, my second choice was thunder, they have one coming this month sometime from europe in thunder, so I have decided to go for that colour, hopefully I will get it around the end of may or early june. I think thunder is quite a classic colour.

I have a Thunder TDCi hatch, with sunroof, leather and bluetooth. It too was my second choice colour but since getting it I love it. It changes from grey-green to silver to grey-blue depending on the light - oh and make sure that you get the windows tinted (not from the dealer though - $$$$!)
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #46
jared79
Sock Puppets

I got the dealer tint and I am very happy with it. I most likely could have got it done after, but then I couldn't have had it included in my Lease. But yes, get it tinited, it looks a tonne better.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #47
mariajosie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
Mariajosie wrote: I ordered my TDCi mondeo in Tango with sunroof, leatherseats and bluetooth the other day, that was my first choice colour, but the salesman rang me today saying that I would have to wait until august or september to get one in that colour, my second choice was thunder, they have one coming this month sometime from europe in thunder, so I have decided to go for that colour, hopefully I will get it around the end of may or early june. I think thunder is quite a classic colour.

I have a Thunder TDCi hatch, with sunroof, leather and bluetooth. It too was my second choice colour but since getting it I love it. It changes from grey-green to silver to grey-blue depending on the light - oh and make sure that you get the windows tinted (not from the dealer though - $$$$!)
Wow! really it changes colours depending on the light! thank you for that, I think that colour is growing on me and yes I am getting tinted windows!
mariajosie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #48
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just put close to 1,000km on the clock mover the weekend & the car is all I expected as a GT (Grand Tourer), comfortable, fast (grunt is available everywhere at highway speeds) and heaps of space.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #49
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Managed to convince the old boy that once his lease was up on his BA to give the Mondeo TDCi a go.... I must say after driving it myself im well and truly transformed... I love it, the cabin is more spacious than my AU Ghia and my former XR6T, everything is at your finger tips and it drives magnificently..

Granted, it doesn't match the T in straight line power, but what it lacks in power it makes up in drivability, comfort and style.. A much more refined car for sure.

Its Blue Ambition (absolute stunning colour!) with bluetooth and sunroof... Couldn't push for the leather at the price we got it for though!!

Old 29-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #50
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

TZENU

Was this a demo model or new from the floor hmmm nice color

apstar
Old 30-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #51
Simon_Koala
Starter Motor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Managed to convince the old boy that once his lease was up on his BA to give the Mondeo TDCi a go.... I must say after driving it myself im well and truly transformed... I love it, the cabin is more spacious than my AU Ghia and my former XR6T, everything is at your finger tips and it drives magnificently..

Granted, it doesn't match the T in straight line power, but what it lacks in power it makes up in drivability, comfort and style.. A much more refined car for sure.

Its Blue Ambition (absolute stunning colour!) with bluetooth and sunroof... Couldn't push for the leather at the price we got it for though!!

]

Now that's one fine looking beast .....
Old 30-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #52
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
TZENU

Was this a demo model or new from the floor hmmm nice color

apstar

Brand new mate... Wait time was only 4 weeks, i think....

ODO at the moment showing 1200km
Old 01-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #53
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Got out in the XR5 clocked up around 360km, I am rapt it's a fun car to drive.

I wish the turbo had a bit more ommph, a mate had a Turbo Cordia years ago it seemed to have more punch when the turbo cut in. The Mondeo seems so much smoother, since it's my first turbo powered car I can't say I notice it kick in. The power is good and it's smooth just not the push me into the seat feel I was expecting.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #54
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are a few pictures of our silver Zetec sedan after nearly 3000kms

Old 03-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #55
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice its been looked after well where did you get your windows tinted assuming your in Sydney

apstar
Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #56
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Very nice its been looked after well where did you get your windows tinted assuming your in Sydney

apstar
I am from Perth. Tint was done by TKO.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #57
r2d2

Hi all
I have been reviewing the forum for a couple of weeks now and this is my first post. I am about to sign up for today a XR5 in Thunder.

I am in Perth and look forward to discussing the car with you all.

James

R2D2 - future XR5
r2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #58
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

You won't be disappointed mate. 9K kms later and my XR5 mondeo still brings a smile.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #59
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
I am from Perth. Tint was done by TKO.
thanks for that I see you have 20 grade tint can you give me a site where I can get info on it please oh by the way did you get the rear window done !

apstar
Old 04-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #60
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you must have got CARBON 20 y/n?

apstar