Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-04-2024, 08:36 AM   #1
HIPO
Al

Default Mortgage

What! Thoughts?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/pMW4x...2Ma4c5tYz4y4fW
HIPO is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-04-2024, 09:10 AM   #2
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Default Re: Mortgage

In Australia, one doesn't own land, they have possession of the title to said land.
fatgas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2024, 09:53 AM   #3
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

stupid sovereign citizen bollox
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2024, 05:21 PM   #4
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgas View Post
In Australia, one doesn't own land, they have possession of the title to said land.
Possession & owning is the same meaning.
Title says you own the land.

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2024, 06:23 PM   #5
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post

Cheers
Nope, in Australia all land is vested in the Crown. That means the Crown owns it all, the best we can get is the estate in fee simple system of "owenership". It basically means you have exclusive use of the land but that's it. The title that one possesses is basically a statement to that fact, along the lines of "The Crown grants (insert name here) exclusive use of the land".

Absolute ownership of land by individuals would mean none of the conditions imposed on "ownership" of that land could be legally applied and enforced; councils couldn't levy rates or demand building/planning permits, governments couldn't do compulsory acquisition.
Old 11-04-2024, 10:28 AM   #6
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post

Cheers
Do you have the title? Titles have gone electronic. I have mentioned this last year I believe.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2024, 11:03 AM   #7
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

So if the Crown own the land, then I purchase land for cash then who owns it?, why then do I ned a mortgage to buy it if I don't own it?

I will sell you a Falcon, but you don't own it, Henry Ford owns it.

I have a copy of My Title, already know you are not allowed to have the original, my Mother had her Original Title, as they used to allow you to have them.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2024, 11:14 AM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Well before the bandwagon became popular:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-...y-god/12380458

All this talk of “title” is daft; it’s an element of the sovcit ideology of divide and pester. It’s simpler just to pay the bills and find other ways to “un-support” the government. I had a customer who refused to let two premises because he either found fault with prospective applicants or worried about tax on the income. I suggested he was better taking the rent at market rates and devoting the profit to undermining the local council - whom he despised.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2024, 12:05 PM   #9
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

A distinction needs to be made between the nutjobs the media trots out and parades as spokesmen for the lunatics and the genuine issues with governance and property ownership in this and pretty much every country on earth. This is done on purpose to discourage any conversation about what constitutes ownership and to maintain the illusion in benefit of the Crown.

Have a look at the ramifications of Mabo, the result was a form of absolute ownership of land and not token ownership via estates in fee simple. There is a reason govco and by corollary the Crown fought tooth and nail against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
So if the Crown own the land, then I purchase land for cash then who owns it?, why then do I ned a mortgage to buy it if I don't own it?

I will sell you a Falcon, but you don't own it, Henry Ford owns it.

I have a copy of My Title, already know you are not allowed to have the original, my Mother had her Original Title, as they used to allow you to have them.
You're not buying the land, you're buying the title to it, an estate in fee simple:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fee_simple

The form of payment (outright or using credit) makes no difference, the bank can't lodge a claim on the land directly, the lodge it against the title.

Cars are also sold in the same manner (when new anyway).

Back in the day there were always two copies issued when a parcel of land was titled, one for the Titles Office and one for the "buyer". When one borrowed money to "buy" the land, the buyers copy was taken by the bank for the duration of the debt.

Last edited by fatgas; 11-04-2024 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2024, 12:17 PM   #10
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

To further expand on my point, Mark Bouris mentioned the nature of property ownership some years ago:

Quote:
“I have a view on real estate ownership, nobody actually owns real estate. You can’t lay down and hug it on the ground, you don’t own it, OK? What you have is the right to occupy against everybody else,” Bouris said.

“Now whether it’s for life, or the rest of your life, or for forever … it might be a 90 year lease or the next 25 years, it’s all the same, we’ve just got the right to occupy. And all we are is minding that bit of real estate, looking after it for the next 20 or 30 years or for the rest of my life, until the day I die.

“So the concept of ‘do I own, do I rent?’ I think it’s nonsense,” Bouris said.
https://www.domain.com.au/news/mark-...=link&ref=pos1
Old 11-04-2024, 04:09 PM   #11
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
Do you have the title? Titles have gone electronic. I have mentioned this last year I believe.
Yes I have the paper title, I suppose it depends on the state you are in.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post