Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

View Poll Results: EA Brock?
It`s a great car and a peice of motoring history. 54 44.63%
It`s just a EA S-pac with some badges and a signature. 67 55.37%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #31
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Jayba, there are PLENTY of cars that are slow, unreliable etc and they are worth 100's of thousands. These are not prerequisites for something to increase in value.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #32
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Jayba, there are PLENTY of cars that are slow, unreliable etc and they are worth 100's of thousands. These are not prerequisites for something to increase in value.
yeh...there are cars that are unreliable, slow and have a rep for being one of the worst falcons made which is why they are worth no more than a mere few thousand. fact. the one i saw in a dealership was in reasonable condition
and $3990..well what a fortune! the few hundred they may increase a year
as an "investment" would bearly cover rego and running costs even if you dont drive the thing
JAYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBA
yeh...there are cars that are unreliable, slow and have a rep for being one of the worst falcons made which is why they are worth no more than a mere few thousand. fact. the one i saw in a dealership was in reasonable condition
and $3990..well what a fortune! the few hundred they may increase a year
as an "investment" would bearly cover rego and running costs even if you dont drive the thing
Think long term, which would be greater than atleast 5-10 years. Things dont pick up over night.

And a fair chunk of people couldn't give a rats about how quick or slow they are; its not the point.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #34
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Think long term, which would be greater than atleast 5-10 years. Things dont pick up over night.

And a fair chunk of people couldn't give a rats about how quick or slow they are; its not the point.
its been nearly 20 years....
Old 09-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #35
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
its been nearly 20 years....
And only a few months after brock pasted away, thats the key here. Seems that we are getting no where, but I would put money on it that they will be worth something one day.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #36
Brock071

OK guys, you've got me, I own a Brock Fairmont Ghia build number 071 of only 126 Falcon S and Fairmont Ghias ever built!

Brock also did Fairlanes and Mavericks along with a sprinkling of what he called Brock SEs (8 I believe) and a fewe Telstars and then a few more EP series Falcons (Executive Performance). These EP ones were to my knowledge not as good as the original 126 Brock Falcons/Fairmonts!

Go to the dedicated website that I have set up with as much information as I can find at www.geocities.com/brock_fords and you will find out a lot more about these rare Brock vehicles.

As for me, well they go like hell, handle better than many more recent models and in my opinion are better are very worthy vehicles even if now 17 years old!

These cars are much much more than simply an EA Falcon as many mods were done to increase their output to 164kWs and many mods were also done to the suspension, aside from the nice body kit and the many interior changes also!

Snap them up now while you still can afford them!!!!!

Terry _2:
Old 09-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #37
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And only a few months after brock pasted away, thats the key here. Seems that we are getting no where, but I would put money on it that they will be worth something one day.
the key here is peoples view of a vehicle on a poll
yeh we are getting no where, i posted my opinion and dont appreciate it when another TRY'S to poke fun at my intelligence especially when i present an educated opinion not a bias or sentimental one, If You dont wanna debate a subject then dont bother attacking my post or me personally
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #38
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:

How quick is a GTHO? By todays standards pretty slow I would have thought
Slow my ***. 5.6sec 0-100 is no slow car. Even by todays standards thats one wicked car. XR6T and XR8 do about the same time 0-100. And the GTHO will still match them. Damn impressive for a car from the early 70s
Old 09-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #39
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
the key here is peoples view of a vehicle on a poll
yeh we are getting no where, i posted my opinion and dont appreciate it when another TRY'S to poke fun at my intelligence especially when i present an educated opinion not a bias or sentimental one, If You dont wanna debate a subject then dont bother attacking my post or me personally
Personal attack? Where?

Where did I get sentimental? Lets make this real easy, I never talked about the performance of the car, just the fact that it will be worth something one day; and I never said when.

So do you dispute the fact, that one day, its price will increase. Not to the level of a GT, but it certainly wont decrease.

Have you seen ebay lately? $600 for a biante 1:18 thats got something to do with brock, and thats not even signed. Considering they are ~$200-300 to buy new thats a fair return.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #40
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Personal attack? Where?

Where did I get sentimental? Lets make this real easy, I never talked about the performance of the car, just the fact that it will be worth something one day; and I never said when.

So do you dispute the fact, that one day, its price will increase. Not to the level of a GT, but it certainly wont decrease.

Have you seen ebay lately? $600 for a biante 1:18 thats got something to do with brock, and thats not even signed. Considering they are ~$200-300 to buy new thats a fair return.
"Well I think your two cents and the bowser gets rounded down to zero. : "

"very intelligent post there"

agree to disagree...poll results are speaking for themselves
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #41
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts
I drove a brock ea when they were new it was a very good car for its day.

Money meant we bought a 3.9i single point EA s pack. A car that lacked the reliabilty of a brock lada.

Dont get me wrong I love FoMoCo product it is simply the 3.9 ea was not there finest hour.
The one you got must have been a lemon, because not all 3.9s are bad engines. My 3.9 litre engine is still going strong at 240,000kms. It did one head gasket at 220,000 but that's the only time it's been opened up. Not bad for a 17 year old car.

As for the Brock EA, I reckon they are a great car. With the subtle bodykit, nicer rims, and the performance updates, I'd definately choose one over an S-pack. You'd also have the bonus of driving a rarer car, rather than just another EA S-pack.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #42
TZAKHAMMER
TZAKHAMMER

gotta agree with you there mate, mines done just over 250k, original motor still purrs along and is one of the best cars to drive on a long cruise.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #43
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Put it simply, some cars got badges and a few mods, others got the whole works done to them, if it doesnt have a badge/plate under the bonnet with a build number and twin cats coming off the extractors then it aint a fully worked brock and not really worth getting. Oh and if it doesnt have the original wheels then also forget as finding them is like hens teeth these days.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #44
mad cow
blue oval addict

I AGREE ON THE WHEELS FOR THE BROCK EA. as they are not a replaceable item so only pay top dollar for one with the correct wheels, i missed buying one (s pac version) only a few weeks b4 brock died for $2500 and still regret being 10 mins too late on the phone (had to convince the wife first) as i regard these to be an excellent long term investment. To all the people who dont agree that they are worth keeping hold of just dont buy one, but dont complain when a car u could have bought 4 a few $$$$ turns out 2 be worth a lot more in the future. Opportunities like these dont happen everyday for the average punter these days so if you have the guts to chance it what have u got to lose.

just my 4 cents worth so u can round that up thanks.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #45
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Theres a dark blue EA brock Ghia here in shepp, it still has the original wheels, but has been kicked, scratched, dinted, driven through the bush and the like (point is, it looks shitty) Damn shame really.... I like them... And i believe the price will skyrocket for them, they are an exception to the "EA Stigma"

In reference to whoever said 3.9's were crap, My first car was an EA 'mont, and it survived a hell of a lot of hard kays and was on its second HG after 260,000k's...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #46
Phil
......Ford........

Years ago I owned Peter Brock Special #31, dark blue in colour. It was based on "S" pack, 5 speed 3.9. Went really well, no quater mile bandit, had real tall gearing and was right at home on the open road, would easily cruise at the end of the speedo without any problems. Had bilstein suspension, twin system, extractors, good interior, racing seats. It was a great car, paobally would have kept it if it has 2 more cylinders....love my V8's. Cost me $25,000 when I bought it : I got Brocky to sign the sun visor on the drivers side. I think they are a good car and probally go up in value just from his name, although many people dont know what they are, "Brock falcon, your full of S@#T !"
FG 315 Pursuit ute....#20
"Green is Nice"
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #47
WASP
Whipple Induced

Mmm, there's lots of passion in here. Quite simply if you like EA Falcons, the Brock version or a Faimont Ghia is probably the picks of the bunch.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #48
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

i wasnt much of a fan before, but earlier in the year at a car show there was a 250rwkw EA Brock falcon, since then ive thought of them as a real icon.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #49
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I honestly dont think they are that special. Probably a more modern equivalent of a xr6. Better Suspension, touch better brakes and a lil bit more power.

However, I do think Brock did put his name on the EA for the wrong reasons, especially his falling out with HDT and the whole polariser saga (and lets face it- It might work in theory but a car doesnt need it) he got offered a chance for his name to still be in the "performance" sector of cars.

Not a bad car for its time, but i dont see it being a collectable.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #50
GK351

Never liked the look of them, espeacially the wheels.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #51
mad cow
blue oval addict

hey tonkoxr8 that one in shepp was most probably the one i wanted to buy as it was a dark blue one and was in shepp and the guy on the phone told me the paint & panel was a little rough. this car was once owned by my brother in law (he was the second owner) and was immaculate when he had it. he really regrets letting it go now.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #52
pHaT`eL
Banned

If i had the money I'd buy one for sure. Probably got Ford thinking and they created the XR's the next model.
I put the Brock B8 in the same category as AIT's, AVO's, SVO's, AJR's, TSS's, Sprints and GT's as the most desirable E-Series
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #53
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Isn't it weird that the EA, the "worst falcon ever" (wtf, surely its the XF) had so many genuine aftermarket specials. I cant think any other model that had so many; perhaps lack of V8 made this so but its interesting.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 11-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #54
Binnie
EB11 falcon GLI

Come on Brock i mean WTF

FORDS IN THE PARK

FTF Car Club of NSW
Binnie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #55
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Isn't it weird that the EA, the "worst falcon ever" (wtf, surely its the XF) had so many genuine aftermarket specials. I cant think any other model that had so many; perhaps lack of V8 made this so but its interesting.
considering the xf was car of the year and outsold its competition when first released and was 10 times more reliable than an EA also warranting them to keep the xf platform for its comercial vehicles for many years to come i doubt it, EA is still counted as fords biggest lemon to date
Old 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #56
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
also warranting them to keep the xf platform for its comercial vehicles for many years to come i doubt it,
you don't beleive that do you?

They kept selling the xf (complete with carby, rear drums and 3 on the tree)
due to not having any compation in the segment,not becuase of how "relaible" they were.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #57
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Not that I'm specificly an ea lover,nor do I own one,but.

It seems to fine to come on here and bag the crap out of ea's as being unreliable,but mention an au being ugly (not that it's my opinion,I like them),and you'll get half the forum jumping up and down.I would say the au was of a more failure than the ea,it certainly hurt ford more financialy.

It seems to be a double standard.

Last edited by apolloxbgt; 11-05-2007 at 01:32 PM.
apolloxbgt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #58
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
Not that I'm specificly an ea lover,nor do I own one,but.

It seems to fine to come on here and bag the crap out of ea's as being unreliable,but mention an au being ugly (not that it's my opinion,I like them),and you'll get half the forum jumping up and down.I would say the au was more failure than the ea,it certainly hurt ford more financialy.

It seems to be a double standard.
a car being ugly can be a matter of opinion, the au wasnt that bad a car as far as doing its job, a car being unreliable
and poorly put together is a fact from a majority's experience with the EA

each car has its faults but the EA had many..
Blowing head gaskets/overheating
front suspension
automatic transmissions made of glass
bumpers that couldnt stay on longer than a year
to name a few...

Im a big fan of fords and hate to see a model that tarnishes the brand
but to tell me the EA ws a good car is laughable
Old 11-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #59
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
... polariser ... (and lets face it- It might work in theory but a car doesnt need it)
Nope. Won't work. Show me a form of petroleum which is polar.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #60
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:

Im a big fan of fords and hate to see a model that tarnishes the brand
but to tell me the EA ws a good car is laughable
This is the same attitude I used to get off all the ford "fans" when I first started playing with xa/b/c's,even when I bought the first gt.

Where are these guys now?Wishing they could afford one.

Thats where the ea brocks are heading IMHO,mabey not for a few years,but I think it's going to happen.