Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #61
plext
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I understand where you are coming from completely, but it does seem like a bold move, and there would of been reasons for it being made.

But now that it has been made does it matter if we argue about it? Will it be reversed? People are either going to agree and move on, or argue and get no where.

Also the saying there is no "I" in team comes to mind, just as a club is more than a couple of members regardless of popularity with other members.

Perhaps a clarification of the exact plans of AFF/E Series Board with future "ownership" and daily running of the club would ease peoples minds.
The precise details are still being finished but will be made known here as soon as they are complete.

Part of the reason for the lack of completion is the need to find who indeed wishes to take part in the administration, which is of course one of the reasons for this announcement.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #62
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaT`eL
I second that. Looks pretty dodgy from where I sit.
Im with you. It does look very dodgy!

If this was surprise it would be the worst one ever.

I cant see why all of a sudden when things are at the worst that you guys would go and do this?

How come EFFalcon knew nothing of this before it happened?

Dodgy very Dodgy!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #63
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all that is there's is a url thread and thats it, they have no legal rights as a "club" as they are simply a gathering of people with like interests

if its not broken don't fix it.......comes to mind regarding e-series section
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #64
pHaT`eL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bArNsY
Damn right. So now AFF owns E-Series right? So we have to abide by other rules? What benefits are there for members? Do we have to pay, have meetings, etc?
If we knew what was going on fully it would be alot better, not just come in and announce that E-Series is changing like that.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #65
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Damn right. So now AFF owns E-Series right? So we have to abide by other rules? What benefits are there for members? Do we have to pay, have meetings, etc?
If we knew what was going on fully it would be alot better, not just come in and announce that E-Series is changing like that.
Bit of sensationalism there.

They just said they will tell everyone what is going on as soon as they can talk and discuss it with people who are actually willing to make it work (ie- mods and board). Something like this wont happen over night, and its been stated that this has been talked about (well attempted to atleast) for a while now.

Who said anything about rules or paying? If you have read through this thread, and the other one, you would know that if anything the "rules" were going to be relaxed in select area's anyway.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #66
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bArNsY
But it was broken, there was that lengthy thread not so long ago (last week maybe or the week before, you will have to excuse my memory, the flu has kicked in big time).

It showed just how broken the E-Series section was.

Hence the move to try to fix it, maybe more info would help.

Surely this can only mean that the club can benefit and become stronger than ever before. Well, if all the members jump together in the true E-Series spirit and stand for what you believe in.

They are offering what most wanted, a private area where you can speak a little more freely than in general around AFF.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 AM   #67
pHaT`eL
Banned

I meant in regards to the club. It states it will be a proper club, most of which involve yearly fee's, etc.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:29 AM   #68
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
I meant in regards to the club. It states it will be a proper club, most of which involve yearly fee's, etc.
I assume they mean like a proper club. Ie- XR & FPV clubs where people pay a little for membership. Clubs, once official, do have expenses.

But a "fee" could range from $5 to whatever you want really. And since the club will be run by people who care, and people you know, then they are not about to do an Enron on fellow members.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 AM   #69
holmsy
Banned

how does the registration work exactly.
because as i believe it would be registered in someones name. wouldn't that person idealy need to be a head person of the club and in turn meen someone would ultimately have control over the club?
im not sure i don't really know im just sort of piecing little bits of knowledge together.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #70
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

The club what at it best and most interesting 3-4 months ago. When Sunny, Dan, Pat etc where still on here. Seems that this is a case of to little to late I think. Due to the actions of AFF in the past and right now this club is split between two forums fordforums.com.au and . Unfortunately I dont think there can be a reconciliation.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #71
sexr6tasy
Banned

Im not a member of the e-series club but in our club we pay year memberships of say 40 bucks but if your new you pay 60 for the first big off installment and you get a t-shirt , club hat ect, stickers ect 20% discount voucher at all our sponsors and what not. as well as a private place on our forums to discuss the business of the day perhaps once its all up and running the "e-series club" which i assume would be kept separate from the "e-series forum" which is what our club did anyway can take on board some of these suggestions. We also have a president and vice president, sectary and the whole business to keep administration running its an unavoidable of any place and these people work hard and do more then regular folks from the club hence there enhanced position due to there above duty commitment. Not telling aff or e-series what it should or shouldn't do just some ideas from what our club does.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 AM   #72
holmsy
Banned

that is a good idea having a fee and it includes stickers etc. but to a point i dont have much spare money at all, u relise it isnt much but it could also meen people are less likely to join if they dont know what its like untill after they pay a pile of money.
(i wouldn't want to pay $60 just to get in the club and find i dont like the people in it for example)
Old 03-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #73
pHaT`eL
Banned

I would probably pay it, but there would have to be benefits to be in the club. I can go on cruises with the club for free atm and do all the other stuff as we have been doing for x amount of years.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #74
snypereb
[EBGLT]

We have done well without a fee in the club. Why start having one now? Stupid Idea.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #75
sexr6tasy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmsy
that is a good idea having a fee and it includes stickers etc. but to a point i dont have much spare money at all, u relise it isnt much but it could also meen people are less likely to join if they dont know what its like untill after they pay a pile of money.
(i wouldn't want to pay $60 just to get in the club and find i dont like the people in it for example)
Well thats the beauty of it the club runs along side the forums! non club members are still welcome to all forum/club events and all forum facilitys except the club rooms ofcourse and what not but if you dont want in the club you don't have to your still welcome to everything and you still get a 5 % discount instead of the 20% also your not looked down on because of it. You can even buy the hat and shirt seperatly and the stickers. Our club is still relatively new but i think were getting there.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:10 AM   #76
sexr6tasy
Banned

Im not telling you'se what to do and what not to do just general input now ill shut up so you can get fully back on topic.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:16 AM   #77
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Im not a member of this club but i am a member of the FPV and TICKFORD owners club. We charge 100 for the initial membership and with that you get your shirt and everything.

I think AFF has done a great thing here by registering the name. Before when it wasn't registered anyone could have registered it and in turn used it to there own financial gain. Im under the impression AFF has every intention of making it work to the best of there abilities and keeping as many members happy as possible. Thats my 2 cents anyway. I hope it gets soughted out and all is good soon. Good Luck

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
Old 03-08-2007, 02:19 AM   #78
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
Im not telling you'se what to do and what not to do just general input now ill shut up so you can get fully back on topic.

Sorry if it seemed I was having a go at you I dont think a fee is the issue here. Its far worse than that.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #79
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmsy
Holmsy, mate i would not stress it, all i can see is a little confusion maybe, but it is very clear that actions have been made ( regardless if not seen as positive by a few for now ) that will see the club develop and evolve into a true and pleasurable club for all members to enjoy.

It seems that people have put their own time and other resources into ensuring that this club is and remains a club for all.

Further to this The E series club as it was once has now come of age, your ranks are thining due to natural causes such as people updating their cars etc, what you have left now is properly set up club and the people in it will be the real enthuiests of the E series, and run by its elected members.

I hope the lessons learnt from the E series can help avoid further issues in other sections, and with the B series rapidly becoming the new E series i would applaud any similar actions over there with open arms and in that be thankful people cared to enough to give their time and knowledge to make it happem.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #80
pHaT`eL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKAUXR8
Im under the impression AFF has every intention of making it work to the best of there abilities and keeping as many members happy as possible.
The only problem with this is its not really there club to do it to. They have just registered the name of the club and dont have access to the website, url, current club members, etc.
The club as it sits has nothing to do with this afaik, there lies the problem.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:31 AM   #81
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

What would have happened if some guy with a VE commodore decided he wanted to start a club and called it the same name and went and registered it before AFF did. Then he has legal ground to stop the real E series club from using the name altogether. AFF have ensured this wont happen and now its just a matter of wait and see as to how they go about ensuring it moves onward and upward. I dont think they have done this just to pi$$ people of they obviesly have good intentions for the club. It's just a matter of wait and see what happens next.

I understand that it is easy for me to sit back and say this as im not a member and it dosnt effect me. But i dont think AFF would do anything to make the club worse

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 AM   #82
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, if it results in a "fair dinkum" club with a much broader scope I'm for it. The circumstances seemed appropriate for this. How about we now move on and actually buidl that "fair dinkum" club?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:10 AM   #83
theboss290
FPV GT

As sexr6tasy stated the Modified Ford Club started as an internet based club and we are now going through the transition of becoming your more traditional club with a community forum. obviously the club offers better benefits and club only events and that is what ppl will be paying for, the community forum is for the ppl that want to be affiliated with the club but not a member this is also a handy tool to scout new members get ppl interested and show them what they get for there hard earned.

In saying that there are problems and pitfalls in having a forum associated with the club but we are well on our way in working this out. So keep an eye for us.

I wouldn’t be too worried about this. This could be the best thing to happen to the e-series and hoping all will be sorted and all will be well with a new direction for the club.

Cheers

Daniel
Old 03-08-2007, 04:52 AM   #84
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Russell, as I'm sure you will agree with, I have always tried to remain an unbiased supporter of the admin team here at AFF, but as far as I can see at this point, it is looking like AFF admin have performed an underhanded act. I would like to be corrected on this, however, but it seems to me that AFF Admin were scared of e-series moving to the 'other' forums and as such have played dirty to ensure they remain in control of the situation. Losing half of the forums traffic to another site would really hurt sponsorship on this one, so I guess it's kind of an 'investment' on your part, right?
Like I said, I am more than happy to be corrected.

If this really is in the best interests of the club, how about making the registration in Jack Travis' name and appointing the current board lineup as the new board for the registered club? This would put the club in complete control of the people who have made it what it is, rather than the people who have more money, and would prove that this was purely an act of kindness on behalf of the AFF Admin.

Dave
Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #85
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Also, considering the registration occured more than a week and a half ago (July 23rd according to your original post), why has it taken this long for people to be told?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #86
EFFalcon
Last warning

Fact is.. its not AFF's decision to register the club.

sugar coat it all you want, you went above the boards head to take control of the situation and cement a position in eseries for as long as you want.

You state in your first post that the 'initial' board will be made up of 3 Admin and 3 Eseries Members.
then 2 Admin will be replaced with 2 E-Series members, leaving 1 Admin in a position of power.
how many Admin are on the board now? NONE.

This club was created for eseries owners, it was kept free and sponsor free for over 5 years, its been one of the most active forums and groups on this forum in terms of meets and overall and you saw fit to just take over.

At no time did you come to the board and say 'we're registering the club', you offered to help but if we wanted it we'd have taken it.
consulted with Moderators is what it sounds like.. moderators who will gain from the change.

I know a lot of people are already looking suspiciosly at 1 moderator in particular.

Dog act from AFF.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #87
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
While we knew that this action would be unpopular with some to say the least, it has been taken with the view to creating a club which has an active controlling body which is made up from the club membership and makes decisions in the best interests of the club on a regular basis. From our perspective, this has not been seen to be happening.

As far as registration goes, offers have been made to the incumbent board to assist with and indeed pay for registration to protect the interests of the club. These offers have not been acted upon, leaving us to draw the conclusion that it was not going to be done. We feel that it was inevitable that registration was going to happen, but not necessarily by somebody with best interest as it was seemingly not going to be done by the board as it stood. It seemed reasonable to act.

We want to build a club for car enthusiasts who own the EA-EL series of Falcons to meet and share knowledge and experiences, without exclusivity or a propensity to downplay the input of members because they don't have much mechanical knowledge or indeed a 500Kw output. Enthusiasts are cut from many cloths, some just wish to maintain their vehicles, others modify and hopefully improve, neither approach makes any better than the other.

I will reiterate that we do not wish to control or dictate the direction of the club, we want very much for it to be run by and for the membership, with further discussions to be held with those wanting to be members as to how best achieve that.
the club wouldnt be effected if some a55hat had registered it, it would then go underground e-series. but aff has done it without permission, i dunno were you blokes are coming from, you want to be proffesional, imagine if you had a client and you did that, he would go APE what a crock of dog sh!t.

wheres the independence?

members can sign up on the eseries site. not hard is it? or should we all become just members, no board, no mods and let aff run what we have helped get this far.

thats all

Last edited by efgiar; 03-08-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #88
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
Fact is.. its not AFF's decision to register the club.

sugar coat it all you want, you went above the boards head to take control of the situation and cement a position in eseries for as long as you want.

You state in your first post that the 'initial' board will be made up of 3 Admin and 3 Eseries Members.
then 2 Admin will be replaced with 2 E-Series members, leaving 1 Admin in a position of power.
how many Admin are on the board now? NONE.

This club was created for eseries owners, it was kept free and sponsor free for over 5 years, its been one of the most active forums and groups on this forum in terms of meets and overall and you saw fit to just take over.

At no time did you come to the board and say 'we're registering the club', you offered to help but if we wanted it we'd have taken it.
consulted with Moderators is what it sounds like.. moderators who will gain from the change.

I know a lot of people are already looking suspiciosly at 1 moderator in particular.

Dog act from AFF.

couldnt agree more, the members didnt have a problem the way it was being run, it was fine, 5 years and still going? there must not be a big problem if its still going. its a big club and aff want to take the thunder.

thats all
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #89
frost
Banned

I hope the E-series people realise that once your registered as an incorporated body all members have to be voted in.

Simple fact is Get yourself 5 to 6 members that ain't friends with AFF.

Vote to buy V-bulliten software (AUD260)

Have members donate towards software and hosting
Start your own site.

As a incorped body with a committee its all down to Financial member vote and all meetings are public.

If I was john etc I would see this as a good thing, someone else is paying the legal costs etc and you guys move in a seize control.

Im happy to provide more advice as iv been through the same thing, and im happy to help you with getting free legal advice.

AFF is trying to get away with Murder but im sure who ever runs or owns AFF wouldnt like a million dollar law suit on their heads ;)
Old 03-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #90
EFFalcon
Last warning

who needs vbullitin.
e a falcon.com is running on phpbb3 quite nicely.
free is the way to go.
E-Series isnt about selling out to sponsors
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Closed Thread