Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #61
marcyeo

Default Re: Drag racing tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dribble View Post
Hey Marceo, are you going to the Mackay track? Its the closest.
Hey mate, I really wanted to, but I'm shifting jobs next year and will be in Ipswich, so was thinking of getting to the Queensland Raceway instead... would have loved some time to drive down to Mackay though.

OLD
2010 FPV F6 FG - Herrod CAI, Pedders extreme XA's, Whiteline fr & rear swaybars, PWR stepped IC, injectors, turbo dump pipe with Venom cat, Herrod piping kit = 350rwkw
marcyeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #62
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bumping thread, taking the Focus ST out to WSID tomorrow night, first timer, really looking forward to it. Not sure on tyre pressure, or ESC sport mode or off completely. Will play around a bit and see how I go. Any front wheel drive experience here to offer advice?
Old 02-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #63
marcyeo

Got the F6 written off and got myself a GT instead - I took the F6 to the drags last time and from all the tips here was stalling to about 2000rpm or so to launch. I wanna see what the stock GT will do down the 1/4 mile before a tune sometime next year.

From your experience, is this the same with the V8 or would a lower stall do? Any other differences in launching the V8 vs the turbo 6 would be appreciated..

OLD
2010 FPV F6 FG - Herrod CAI, Pedders extreme XA's, Whiteline fr & rear swaybars, PWR stepped IC, injectors, turbo dump pipe with Venom cat, Herrod piping kit = 350rwkw
This user likes this post:
Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 AM   #64
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Cat600 should be able to give you some tips.

But it's going to depend on the track prep and your tyres. Stock tune would have driveline protection / torque management I am guessing so that would limit your ability to launch.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:12 AM   #65
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajoda View Post
Bumping thread, taking the Focus ST out to WSID tomorrow night, first timer, really looking forward to it. Not sure on tyre pressure, or ESC sport mode or off completely. Will play around a bit and see how I go. Any front wheel drive experience here to offer advice?
Remove the rear wheel, move the passenger seat all the way forward and wind it forward. Play with tyre pressure, throttle and brake control. Limit boost at the tree.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #66
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Stock converter you're often better off with stepping off the brake and then onto the gas (kinda like down on one as you are releasing the other, because the converter is so tight it will blow the tyres off if you load it up too hard, but preloading an IRS is the way to go fast so that's why I started off with a loose high stall on the V8 (4200 rpm)... Seems to work just gotta get the suspension setup right now

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 AM   #67
marcyeo

Ok so I don't really even need to stall/rev it up any - just modulate the right foot? (Sorry shoulda mentioned it's an auto).

OLD
2 users like this post: