Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default 1000kw XH XR8 Ute

Insane.........

(998 rwhp = approx 1000 engine kW's)

Youtube linky CLICK HERE

XR8 This ute is a Tickford XR8. Mods consist of, Koni struts and rear shocks, Lovell front coils and reset rear leaves, 17" American racing rims with Dunlop Tyres, EL GT bonnet spoiler, mods to front spoiler to fit intercooler, custom hand made sail plane, hard tarp, tray mounted battery box, 4 sub speaker box mounted in tray though to cab.

XR8 Engine has gone through several stages, starting from a sportsman SVO block running 500rwhp using a T Trim Vortech and going through a step by step process as owner required more and more horse power. Along the way every system that had been built for the original 500kw combo was upgraded, inc intake, blower, fuel, engine , exhaust, ignition, management, ending up with a Torque plate honed full machined and prepped DART block, 347 Summit crank, Eagle rods, JE pistons and rings, Copper head gaskets, Edelbrock ported and polished heads, Trickflow intake manifold, 80mm Holley throttle body, Girdle mounted Jessle roller rockers, Custom Comp Cam roller cam and Crower lifters, ARP stud kit, High Energy sump and Felpro gasket, Mellings oil pump with ARP drive, Romac balancer and Rollmaster Chain set. The Super charger system consists of a MWS Custom Vortech bracket, V7 SYI Compressor, Air assist, Custom Gilmore drive, Vortech crank brace, custom velocity stack, Mondo unloader valve, Custom twin intercooler core, custom SS 3.5" plumbing. This is all finished off with a twin 3.5" mandrill SS exhaust system, the system starts with a pair of custom 1 7/8" Headers that plumb to twin 4" high flow Cats, for volume control there is a pair of custom large mufflers and to finish we have twin 3.5" tail pipes. Management is done with Wolf 5D. also as can be seen by the pic's there where several stages of the ignition system to try to get to the 1000rwhp figure that this car has know attained. Below are some pic's we got along the way.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
whiteELXR6

What's the story with the air intake setup on the blower. Does he run that all the time or only for dyno runs. Reason I ask is I have clearance issues with my blower setup (procharger) and this looks like it would be a suitable solution.
2007 Kenworth T401 Tipper-the road builder
whiteELXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Here is a better pic of the intake for road use

different set up but CAI is unchanged

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 19-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a wicked ute but im suprised that it uses a Delco 808 ecu from a VN 5L to control it, i would of thought they would of used something abit more exotic, but in this article u have it says it has a Wolf D5 which im sure it dosent.
Old 19-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
Windsor220
Now Fordless

This is a Motorvation regular. Power output is always rising.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Anyone know what brand of hardlid that is?

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
Its a wicked ute but im suprised that it uses a Delco 808 ecu from a VN 5L to control it, i would of thought they would of used something abit more exotic, but in this article u have it says it has a Wolf D5 which im sure it dosent.
here is the linky - the car has used various engine management systems chasing more power each time http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/Pages/feature/xr8a.htm

XR8 Fuel system The first 4 shots are of the oridinal fuel system designed for 500kw this fuel system consists of SX pump, SX filter, Paxton fuel pressure regulator, Vortech billet fuel rails and 50 lb Rochester injectors. This is all plumbed together with stainless steal form line, braided line and speed flow connectors.

The next 3 shots are of the 1000kw fuel system including to more pumps an extra swirl pot with breather can and up front some 1000cc injectors. Also in there is an methanol injection tank, pump and regulator.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 21-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
DJMaRV
HardTrance an HardStyle

thats an ultimate weapon...an looks bit of a sleeper....WOW!...

looks like the front tire is a little flat tho?....
HDi Intercooled
TurboSmart
Earls Filter
PBR Brakes
Warlbro
DJMaRV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Supporting the weight of all those horses, I'm not surprised it looks flat.

It's probably just scared.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

does he use slicks or something wider to hold that power down? I imagine those rears(unless my eyes are playing tricks) are a bit skinny and would just break traction constantly. Looks the goods though, too much want!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Website for this thing? Or any info on the hardlid?

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
DJMaRV
HardTrance an HardStyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Supporting the weight of all those horses, I'm not surprised it looks flat.

It's probably just scared.

hahahaha...yea i guess, it might be afraid of hieghts too.....
HDi Intercooled
TurboSmart
Earls Filter
PBR Brakes
Warlbro
DJMaRV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #13
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was thinking sleeper until I heard it run
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY
Website for this thing? Or any info on the hardlid?
Website www.marksworkshop.com.au

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 01-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #15
Scaffy
Rlegaur Mbemer

I'm not sure when that article was last updated, but I'm 99% sure I saw a dyno sheet on the windscreen at motorvation that was 1008rwhp or something like that.

I don't think this gets driven on the street much. He lives out in the wheatbelt and has a blown BA XR8 for his normal driving duties, I believe.

I don't think it's even been to the drags. Would be interested to hear how it went if it has.
[YEAH NAH] Red EL XR8 with Trick Flow top end kit, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb injectors, tweecer, 3.73s & tired T5 = 275rwhp & 13.155@105mph NA. 12.375@116.73 N2O - Off the road, awaiting 347 293ci and Astro Performance gear-kitted T5 (A5)

White EL Series II XR8, manual, high flow cats, single 3" exhaust and Quarterhorse = 236rwhp and 14.18@97.5mph - E7 heads FTW! - SOLD
Scaffy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post