Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
rovernaut
Starter Motor

Default Festiva Trios White smoke from Exhaust and Oil leak

My sisters 1998 Festive trios is blowing white smoke out the exhaust... I called around to check it and the coolant level is 1/2 full. So it is obvious that the head gasket has blown and coolant is being consumed in the combustion chamber and coming out the tail pipe.

I haven't obtained a work shop manual for it yet, but since it's her daily drive I'm going to pull the head tomorrow.

She told me yesterday the oil light kept coming on.... so she Checked the oil and was down a little. she filled some more oil in. There is a large puddle of oil under the car., there is some oil leak from the sides of the head, but the amount of oil on the ground is more than a gasket leak.
It's more like a oil pressure send crack sort of leak, where large volumes of oil get pumped out.
I wanted to find the oil pressure sender but having trouble locating it, any one know where it's hidden?
Any help appreciated

rovernaut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post