Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
OttoXR8

Default FG's are all parked along Barry Road carpark?

What's with all the new FG's parked in staff carpark and on lawn outside on the corner?

Ford usually used to park cars there during a model change over i.e. from EL to AU or AU to BA or BF to FG. Now brand new FG's have taken up half of the staff car park and there's barely any employee cars out now in that carpark. This is really worrying guys when i have to drive past Ford factory and i see brand new FG's just piling up more in this carpark.

OttoXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 
Default Re: FG's are all parked along Barry Road carpark?

Maybe the staff are getting upgrades?? hahaha
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

so go and buy one then, help them out a bit.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going by nearmap.com.au, they have used up all the parking along the train line, and now have to resort to the employee carparks. Might just be a slight lag time from the 3 day week, to getting cars out. Or like you said, could be a worrying sign. Vfacts (march sales) should give some clues in a few days time.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
nstg8a

seems contradictory when you read threads about exzessive wait times for ordered fg's, yet theyre piling up at ford?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Going by nearmap.com.au, they have used up all the parking along the train line, and now have to resort to the employee carparks. Might just be a slight lag time from the 3 day week, to getting cars out. Or like you said, could be a worrying sign. Vfacts (march sales) should give some clues in a few days time.

Not much better,

things looking bad ATM
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Not much better,

things looking bad ATM
But its got to be one of the worst marketing ploys you could do. Its not like the streets around Ford are quiet suburban streets. 100's of thousands of people drive by there each day. If I was in the market for a Falcon, and saw thousands piling up in the yard (way more so than I have ever seen before when driving past), I would be thinking, "gee i should just wait until they have to run them out at huge discounts".
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
stevz
Banned

The most recent photo on nearmap is on the 29th of January. I take it it's a lot worse now?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
nstg8a

if ford did low interest finance (ala toyota) deals on fg i would get one next week, i dont mind a big finance on low interrest, but normal interest makes it not a smart choice.

wonder how many others dont buy for similar reasons?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

It's like you guys wish doom.......

There is a stack of Hondas parked on Burwood Highway near Dorset Road in a massive fenced off grass are - is doom looming for Honda as well

I think it's called Stock!

At the bunnings warehouse - not the retail outlets - the warehouse - it is packed and over flowing - I think bunnings is doomed as well

Chill out......

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted

There is a stack of Hondas parked on Burwood Highway near Dorset Road in a massive fenced off grass are - is doom looming for Honda as well

I think it's called Stock!
At the bunnings warehouse - not the retail outlets - the warehouse - it is packed and over flowing - I think bunnings is doomed as well

Chill out......

Sorted, I often wish a buxom blonde with a high libido with $5 million in the bank, and it hasnt happened yet.

Go to nearmap, and altho it only goes to jan 29 2011, obviously what otto has been describing gives a far worse picture than nearmap gives. And nearmap jan 29, gave a far worse picture than nearmap mid 2010. No bad thoughts has bought this situation on, it has happened, and people are just commenting on the situation. Especially as Ford has been operating a 3 day week to try and mitigate the exact situation that "seems" to be happening"

I wouldnt compare the Honda situation to Fords. Honda are not going to charter a ship to bring 50 cars to melbourne every day. They are more likely to bring in a few thousand at a time, park them (probably the situation you describe), and dribble them out to the dealerships in time to clear the lot for the next ship. But then again, Honda have been selling rather poor lately, so maybe they are in similar position to Ford.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #12
stevz
Banned

Quote:
I wouldnt compare the Honda situation to Fords. Honda are not going to charter a ship to bring 50 cars to melbourne every day. They are more likely to bring in a few thousand at a time, park them (probably the situation you describe), and dribble them out to the dealerships in time to clear the lot for the next ship. But then again, Honda have been selling rather poor lately, so maybe they are in similar position to Ford.
The yard full of Hondas on Burwood Hwy is Ferntree Gully Honda's holding yard, so these are cars that have already been sold to a dealership.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #13
Buntz
Straight Eight

Thumbs down Re: FG's are all parked along Barry Road carpark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted

You should go see the Australian Honda Forums.... they are like mad hens over there.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

They are over stocked, thats because they are building more sedans and more petrols then they have for the last couple of years.. No gas / wagon...

They haven't done any massive incentives to help themselves though, no current promos on 2011 stock XR's for example..
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #15
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But its got to be one of the worst marketing ploys you could do. Its not like the streets around Ford are quiet suburban streets. 100's of thousands of people drive by there each day. If I was in the market for a Falcon, and saw thousands piling up in the yard (way more so than I have ever seen before when driving past), I would be thinking, "gee i should just wait until they have to run them out at huge discounts".
thousands piling up sounds like a major stretch of the imagination.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
Id say at full capacity Ford can store 6,000 cars at cambelfield.... but that would just about have them out on the street...

Least they can fit about 100 over at FPV since FPV carry no stock anymore!!

Ford started to build up stock on the Euro 3 to Euro 4 change over back in June, they built alot of EGAS cars to get rid of parts before the deadline, theres still alot of Egas FG utes around unsold.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #17
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik

It does doesnt it. But if you go to nearmap, check out Ford assembly plant on 29th jan, and check the western side of the plant, I am sure if you gave it a quick count, you will come over 2000 cars there.

Just going by what otto says, and they are now starting to park cars on the southern employee carpark (and the southeast grassed area, which I assume he was referring to), then unless they have been moving cars from the western side, and parking new ones onto the southern side (which doesnt make sense if they are employee carparks), then I guess its fair to assume that the numbers are now way over 2000.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #18
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Id say at full capacity Ford can store 6,000 cars at cambelfield.... but that would just about have them out on the street...

Lease they can fit about 100 over at FPV since FPV carry no stock anymore!!

Ford started to build up stock on the Euro 3 to Euro 4 change over back in June, they built alot of EGAS cars to get rid of parts before the deadline, theres still alot of Egas FG utes around unsold.
Those Utes would be better off converted to the new system.

Problems is Ford has a habit of bragging about technologies that are quite far off. So some people wait for them.

They should just land them on us in future. BAM!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED
Those Utes would be better off converted to the new system.

Problems is Ford has a habit of bragging about technologies that are quite far off. So some people wait for them.

They should just land them on us in future. BAM!
Plus they havent pushed them, $29,990 for an Egas tray back is not ground breaking...

Currently they have no promotions, just the hot deals add..

Its starting to get very concerning now as to why they are not having a massive promo run, especially on runout Territory, and 2010 plates.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #20
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Plus they havent pushed them, $29,990 for an Egas tray back is not ground breaking...

Its starting to get very concerning now as to why they are not having a massive promo run, especially on runout Territory, and 2010 plates.
Because they're still seeing if the monkeys in the marketing department will write Shakespeare before doing more complicated things.

I'd be pressing delears to take the remaining egas utes. Because you can't order them now.... so how are customers supposed to get their hands on one?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #21
stevz
Banned

Quote:

If they still have a heap of these lying around when LiLpg is released they won't be able to even give them away.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #22
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
If they still have a heap of these lying around when LiLpg is released they won't be able to even give them away.
They could refit them with the LPI
Old 03-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #23
stevz
Banned

Quote:
They could refit them with the LPI
I very highly doubt they would even consider doing that.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They can't retrofit them with anything, they are Euro 3 spec with 4 speed autos..

They won't be worth jack soon...

My old man would buy one for 20 kay with a tray as a run around.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #25
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
They can't retrofit them with anything, they are Euro 3 spec with 4 speed autos..

They won't be worth jack soon...

My old man would buy one for 20 kay with a tray as a run around.
Then salvage them for parts. Put them back on the line and fit them again.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 AM   #26
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:

Least they can fit about 100 over at FPV since FPV carry no stock anymore!!

How many E-Gas Utes do you estimate Ford still has in stock?
I'm curious because fleets usually jump right onto them and sedans...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
How many E-Gas Utes do you estimate Ford still has in stock?
I'm curious because fleets usually jump right onto them and sedans...
Couldn't give you a figure but im guessing 300 + ??

They still have about 100 or so BF3 Egas Wagons, and they haven't been building them since June either. I don't believe there are any petrol wagons left though, they must have built less of them, and I think Telstra probably bought them all as they seem to run petrol in their wagons, not gas.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #28
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Couldn't give you a figure but im guessing 300 + ??

They still have about 100 or so BF3 Egas Wagons, and they haven't been building them since June either. I don't believe there are any petrol wagons left though, they must have built less of them, and I think Telstra probably bought them all as they seem to run petrol in their wagons, not gas.
Don't they have people devoted to finding buyers for these stocked up models?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #29
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't they have people devoted to finding buyers for these stocked up models?
Dealers want $39 kay for an Egas Wagon drive away.. Bit hard to sell them at that price when you have Territory's parked next to them for $32,000...

Territory also has alloys, side curtain bags and more versatility.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #30
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Dealers want $39 kay for an Egas Wagon drive away.. Bit hard to sell them at that price when you have Territory's parked next to them for $32,000...

Territory also has alloys, side curtain bags and more versatility.
I mean factory deals.