Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 21-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Chippa666

Default Can't edit a post in my thread

Hi guys,

For some reason I can't seem to edit my posts in the thread I've created. Is there any reason for not being able to edit your posts? I've tried everything and looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything that will allow me to edit my own posts.

Can you please help me urgently as I've posted information that should have been put in a PM and not on the forum for all to see.

Thanks

Old 21-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Can't edit a post in my thread

There is a time limit on editing posts of 20mins. After that you will need to PM a moderator of that area/ Super Mod or Admin and ask them to edit your post for you.

Cheers
Col
Old 21-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
Chippa666

I just noticed that after starting this thread, I have an edit function at the bottom right of the post next to the Quote icon. I do not have this in my thread or any of my posts in my thread! Why is this? Here is a link to my thread just in case:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11369661

Please help as the last post I made in that thread (12/8/12 at11:44pm) needs to be edited or totally deleted ASAP. Thanks
Old 21-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippa666
I just noticed that after starting this thread, I have an edit function at the bottom right of the post next to the Quote icon. I do not have this in my thread or any of my posts in my thread! Why is this?
As I mentioned above, you have a 20min time limit in which to edit a post before the edit function is no longer available.

If the option was left open longer than that, people would be editing posts going back months, and threads would not make sense after a while.

I am sure your post will be edited once a mod for that area/supermod or admin see this post or you could PM one of them directly.

Cheers
Col
Old 21-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
Chippa666

Thanks Col.