Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
mwhit43
folden guy

Default Ford mondeo test drive?

Okay so tomorrow were going on a test drive on a 2010 ford mondo but was first registered in 2011 what should we be looking for in it? It's got 115,000km with all logbooks up to date but it is coming close to the 120k service. Seems pretty good while driving cause the guy took us for a drive in it pretty powerful

What faults should I be looking for? If any!

What does the 120k service cost/ what needs a service?

mwhit43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
mwhit43
folden guy

Default Re: Ford mondeo test drive?

Halp :'(
Old 28-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mwhit,

To get answers you will need to provide a lot more information about the car.

1. Model - probably an MB if built in 2010
2. Type - hatchback - Wagon
3. Level of appointments - Basic - Zetec - Titanium
4. Engine - Petrol or Diesel
5. Transmission - Manual or Automatic

and so on.

The 120,000 service is a major service like the 60,000 service. Ours cost $500 thru a dealer as a capped price.

Now, a caution. Plenty of folks here will provide lots of help - but remember this information is gratis and it costs them in time if no other way. Your initial question was logged at 9:09 am and the follow up at 10:42 am on a working day.

You know, I'm kind of tipping that you might interpret something from the lack of responses following the second post?

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
mwhit43
folden guy

Thanks Alan D,
It may be a mb
It's a hatchback
It's just a basic one
It's a tdci so dîesel
It's a 6spd auto

Checked the logbook and the service that is coming up in 5000km is the service b has anyone had this, what was involved? How much did it cost? What was replaced?
Old 28-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhit43 View Post
Thanks Alan D,
It may be a mb
It's a hatchback
It's just a basic one
It's a tdci so dîesel
It's a 6spd auto

Checked the logbook and the service that is coming up in 5000km is the service b has anyone had this, what was involved? How much did it cost? What was replaced?
Quick search; http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11420207
Old 28-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

McWhit

Click on the Thumbnails and you will get the Servicing information from an MA owners manual. They will answer the questions that you are asking.

Remember it is an MA booklet, and the MB (Which what you are looking at certainly is) might have a "sealed for life" transmission, in which case looking at fluid levels would be contraindicated? Diesels have no sparkplugs, but I'm sure you knew that. Service intervals are 15,000 Km or 12 months whichever comes first in Oz. the 60,000/120,000/180,000/240,000 are B service requirements.

Go here http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/myf...rs/cappedprice and fill in the fields as necessary. Capped price servicing provides 12 months roadside assist, which (in Vic anyway) Ford contract to the motoring clubs like NRMA, RACV etc.

Goodluck,

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 01-04-2018 at 11:30 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #7
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
McWhit

Click on the Thumbnails and you will get the Servicing information from an MA owners manual. They will answer the questions that you are asking.

Remember it is an MA booklet, and the MB (Which what you are looking at certainly is) might have a "sealed for life" transmission, in which case looking at fluid levels would be contraindicated? Diesels have no sparkplugs, but I'm sure you knew that. Service intervals are 15,000 Km or 12 months whichever comes first in Oz. the 60,000/120,000/180,000/240,000 are B service requirements.

Go here http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/myf...rs/cappedprice and fill in the fields as necessary. Capped price servicing provides 12 months roadside assist, which (in Vic anyway) Ford contract to the motoring clubs like NRMA, RACV etc.

Goodluck,

Cheers
Thanks for all the info, ahhh it's going to be a pricey one this service D:
Old 28-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #8
mwhit43
folden guy

Sorry OPE126 it's actually a mc just re-checked the advertisement which sais 2010 and checked the history report and it said its a 2011
Old 28-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #9
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it on carsales?
Is it the Blue Wagon or the white hatch?
QLD (Brisbane) location right?
Old 29-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #10
mwhit43
folden guy

It's a goldish champaign colour sedan... I think it's been taken off now, thanks matt
Old 03-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #11
mwhit43
folden guy

so I'm confused about my stereo? What are those up and down file buttons for, it said nothing in the manual we got with the car?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #12
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi McWhit,

If you have a CD loaded with compressed music files (mp3 format) in a number of folders, then those "file" up down buttons (Actually "Folder" buttons) will take you to the next folder. The left/right buttons allow you to sequence through the "files" within the folder.

In our User Manual, I found this on page 208.

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #13
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

More importantly, what is that crazing (heat related?) at top left of audio panel?
Looks like the internals have been frying the casing.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #14
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt View Post
More importantly, what is that crazing (heat related?) at top left of audio panel?
Looks like the internals have been frying the casing.
I'm not sure, would it be internals? It works fine and everything
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #15
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
Hi McWhit,

If you have a CD loaded with compressed music files (mp3 format) in a number of folders, then those "file" up down buttons (Actually "Folder" buttons) will take you to the next folder. The left/right buttons allow you to sequence through the "files" within the folder.

In our User Manual, I found this on page 208.

Cheers
Aw thanks for that I don't think we got the mc manual
Old 08-07-2014, 04:32 AM   #16
mwhit43
folden guy

So the car has gotten down to 5.7l/100km around town :O
Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice economy mate, good luck with your new limo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:17 AM   #18
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Nice economy mate, good luck with your new limo.
Cheers, it's not mine it's my mums new limo haha!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #19
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Mwhit43,

Given the number of questions, I'm wondering what level of documentation was provided with the car.

But of particular concern is that the radio, if it loses power, requires a code to re-enable it. This can happen if you disconnect the battery for any reason, but the manual, mine anyway, is clear about not allowing the battery to be dis-connected.

Did the seller provide this code? If not then you should try to get it from them as quickly as you can, because without it life gets tedious and expensive as it is usually a dealer visit and a charge to get the code either re-established or provided.

If you bought the car from a dealer, and the code was not provided, then you should insist they get it organized for you at their cost.

This one is more doubtful: Is the car fitted with a set of security nuts on the wheels? I say doubtful as I think only alloy wheeled vehicles got these, but just in case you have them make sure that the key nut is available. Same deal as the radio code.

That long term average fuel consumption is so good, I'm suspicious. But if you haven't reset it, it might indicate a lot of highway miles, which isn't a bad thing. Our long term average, for example, is 6.5 ltr/100km and I regard that as pretty good for a 1700 kgm car when people are aboard. And I know it tends to read low when compared with fill to fill calculations, but not by a lot.
Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 09-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #20
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

I was aware of the radio security code issue when I bought my Mondeo new (thanks to this forum).
The dealer was unsure of this requirement, checked with the techies, and was quite happy to provide it as part of the sale transaction.
Something about looking it up on the Ford Aus web site (?or http://www.etis.ford.com/ - Ford global tech site) .
Old 10-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Allan,

Don't think the ETIS site carries the radio codes for vehicles. It would tend to defeat the security level because anyone stealing the radio would only have to note the VIN in the screen window and they would be home free.

But I think theft risk is quite low as the fascia tends to make the radio suitable only for some Ford vehicles ( Mondeo, Focus, S-max and Galaxy, I think, and the last two don't make it into OZ, so far as I know). My comment was to let the OP know, if he didn't already, that not knowing the code can be both irritating and expensive. Of course dealers may have access to more detailed levels of data at ETIS that us mere mortals.

cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 20-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #22
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
That long term average fuel consumption is so good, I'm suspicious. But if you haven't reset it, it might indicate a lot of highway miles, which isn't a bad thing. Our long term average, for example, is 6.5 ltr/100km and I regard that as pretty good for a 1700 kgm car when people are aboard. And I know it tends to read low when compared with fill to fill calculations, but not by a lot.
Cheers
Hi, um yeah average has been around 6.5 l/100 (reset) no idea how it was at 5.8 haha, mum is absolutely surprised oh how much power the car has for such a big and heavy car
Old 30-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #23
mwhit43
folden guy

General questions here... What is the wiring connection under Neath the rear seat when you fold it down to make the seat flat? Found it and mum freaked out haha I was thinking like maybe reverse sensors or something

Where is the wiring loom connection for the front fog lights cause we want them installed and not sure if we have the connection to install it
Old 30-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #24
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

The socket under the rear seat is for (I think) heated rear seats that were available as an option/std on some models in the UK. Nice in freezy UK/Euro climate, but don't get much use in AUS I suspect (our front ones don't anyway).
Old 30-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #25
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt View Post
The socket under the rear seat is for (I think) heated rear seats that were available as an option/std on some models in the UK. Nice in freezy UK/Euro climate, but don't get much use in AUS I suspect (our front ones don't anyway).
Oh that's interesting