Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
FocusLX06

Default Focus 06 Seat Covers

I sent my girlfriend into to get some advice on our LX Focus, and one of the questions she asked was:

Can we just use whatever seat covers we want?

They told her she would need to buy specific seat covers because of the air bags in the front seats...

I don't know, but I think it sounds like a load of garbage to me. If the airbag can rip the seat apart, a seat cover won't stop it.

Are they telling the truth?

Old 04-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even on the BA/BF Falcon you cannot put seat covers on the seat because of the side airbags. I make the seats for the Falcon and the trim stitching on the side where the airbag is stitched differently so the airbag can deploy. If you have a seat cover the airbag will deploy in that
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
FocusLX06

So.... any recommendations?
Old 04-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
BlackLS

A throw on seat cover may be coming to think about... one without a back to it.

If you want a fitted seat cover perhaps cut a long hole in the side then stitch some weak velcro where you made the cut.

That way the airbag can deploy properly
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
Forest Bear

I really like the seat-covers I saw on a ford territory show room car. They were black wet-suit material with orange stitching and emroidery. Why can't Ford make the same for Focus. I have to have seat covers because I'm into sport and activity so I sweat like a pig.

I bought these covers that didn't interfere with the side airbag deployment zone but it was a little too padded and it made the seats lose all support.

I bought myself a spunky ripcurl towel and just throw them over the seat. Its great. Seat retain their support. It doesn't interfere with side airbag deployment. When it gets dirty, just wash it. In need of emergency towel? Ahh, my seat cover!
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
FocusLX06

BlackLS - I would do that, except there might be some complaints from my insurer, if the airbags didn't deploy properly.

The Territory seat covers are made by "Ford Australia Design Studio/iDesign". Maybe they will release a series of accessories for the Focus at some point...
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Territory has the wetsuit seat covers because it has side curtain airbags and not side airbags on the seat like the Falcon does
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post