Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Default Is 26K good for new focus?

I got a price on a new focus the other day and it was 26k driveaway for a CL Hatch, manual, black, zetec kit sprayed and fitted, 17's with tyres and smooth pack....does this sound good??

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Doesn't smooth pack come with alloys?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
Mick K.

Dealers near me have CLs for $19888 - "drive away" without negotiation. So what kind of rims, tyres and bodykit can you get for the $6K+ difference?

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

are they 05 or 06???

im getting a credit for the alloys.....
Old 28-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Surely you can get an LX with the kit you suggested for that price. Or a Zetec for just a little more...

My friend at work just got a Mazda3 Maxx Sport in Manual for $28,000.... sounds like a MUCH better value to me. I'd be shopping around...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 29-01-2006, 03:53 AM   #6
omg

Crap price, you could get a Zetec for about $1000 more with not that much negotiation. Keep in mind that when it comes time to sell the car it will still be a CL and will be priced accordingly
omg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #7
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I got my LX for less than that. Granted it does miss out on the bodykit and 17" wheels.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I didnt want to spend any more than 24 thats why i went for a CL, and i want the bodykit and 17's....
Old 29-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #9
Focituner

I think that is Steep. But hey I can't say what is good or not being I am in the US. Why not order a base model with a good engine. Save some money, and make it look how you want it to look yourself. that way you get a better power plant to start with and style can come at your own pace and taste. I say "Speed is Style, How good do you want to look because flare is optional"

Sorry for the long post.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
I didnt want to spend any more than 24 thats why i went for a CL, and i want the bodykit and 17's....
Surely that cannot be more then $24K anyway....

Old 29-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Surely that cannot be more then $24K anyway....
I was Quoted $20,020 + $1190 for Safety Pack and $890 for Smooth pack driveaway, Given the !7" are $1000 and Tyres probably another $1000, plus the bodykit, i would imagine that its close on the money....
Just shop around Better price than $26k will be available.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
I was Quoted $20,020 + $1190 for Safety Pack and $890 for Smooth pack driveaway, Given the !7" are $1000 and Tyres probably another $1000, plus the bodykit, i would imagine that its close on the money....
Just shop around Better price than $26k will be available.
So, given he is not getting the Smooth pack, i guess the price should be more around $24K for a CL with kit and rims

Old 29-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #13
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I think he is getting the Smooth pack. Either way, I think 26k is abit too much.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #14
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Yeah im gonna try for 24, even if i drop the smooth pack.........
Old 29-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Using the Ford website you're looking at $24,595 for those options excluding the tyres and the fitting/spraying, so I'd estimate a good 400 for the spraying and fitting and $1000 for the tyres, you'd be looking at about $26k plus onroads.

Adding onroads should be around the $3k mark or just under, so we're looking at about $29k mark. You're getting over 10% off, I'd say you're doing damn well. That sounds like a great price. If you're keen, head back in and push maybe another $500 our of them, but no need to be stupid about it because theyr'e generally not making as much money as you assume in this day and age, we never were back in my sales days 2 years ago and it's only tougher nowadays since the tariff reductions. Sounds like you have yourself a new car my friend!!! It is almost ALWAYS worth spending a little more to get what you want, don't go through all the pain and regret not going that little bit further to get what you want. Who buys a house wihtout a garage simply because they can't afford it? I rest my case.
Old 29-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #16
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I dont mind paying the the extra as long as i get what i want for my turbo, i need as much money as possible to finish my XW thats why i dont want to spend more than 24k.
Old 29-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

We paid about that for an AUTO CL sedan with the 17, reverse sensors, tint, prestige paint etc, just because they advertise them for $20,990 doesn't mean you can actually buy one for that, once you add onroads and extras.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 12:05 AM   #18
buickman
buickman

Strapp Ford have demo Zetc Focus's for $27,988 drive away & CL hatches for $18,988. Good saving buying demo's with very low Km's
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #19
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gotta remember guys that Fordy is in WA so the prices are a bit different to over east, we pay more in WA!

I recon its a good deal Fordy. I got a price on a manual LX sedan with body kit, gear knob, alloy pedals, floor mats and scuff plates and that was $29500 drive away. It was a nice car but not 30k nice!
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

What are transportation costs like? Buy in the east....

$26K seems like a little steep for what is only a CL Hatch....

And XtRmn8... Ive seen a LX sedan, with bodykit and Zetec rims.... Almost wet my pants as i overtook it on the F3 down from Newcastle. Looked really good!

Old 31-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #21
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Ok i went past to see the salesman again today, and the price doesnt include the smooth pack and it is actually 26300, but the tyres alone are costing $1100 for the 17's so i should be able to pull some back there. He's gonna get back to me tommoro with hopefully a better price, if not im gonna ask for extras aswell.