Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Clutch Issues

Ok 2 nights ago i was driving and went to change between 3rd and 4th gears but it wouldn't go into 4th, or any gear for that matter, the clutch felt spongy and strange and i was luckily just down the road from my house and able to allow the car to roll there, my brother works for ford and took it to work the next day (yesterday) and pull apart the geabox to find that part of the clutch had broken off today the new clutch arrived and i get the car back this afternoon and it's all good but i'm wondering if the new clutch is going to last or be just like the last one? has anyone else had any problems with their clutches? i'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow of the broken parts etc.

Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

I have an LR Focus and my clutch broke apart at 4,000km going through the same gear change....massive shudder after it happened and stiff gear changes. When pulled out the clutch plate had shattered and two pieces had sheared off.

Since it was replaced no problems at all and am now up to 17,000km
Old 25-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah it's only got 11,000 on it and yeah that's pretty much what happened, if it happens again i'll try and get them to put in an exedy heavy duty or soemthing
Old 31-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look! look what happened!
Old 31-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Clutch issues

All i can say is its sweet to have a car with warranty

But to be totally honest im surprised Ford didnt blame the clutch issues on your massive wheels putting extra strain on the gearbox and motor.

Good luck with the new clutch.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hopefully my clutch doesn't look like that
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
BlackLS

Damn thats pretty munted
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #8
whippet_zetec
Supes

exact same thing as mine....I didnt get any pics of mine as I only saw it in the Ford workshop after they took it out and I was picking my focus up.

Since my clutch was replaced I have hd no problems so fingers crossed.....and for you too Zetec20
Old 01-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #9
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new clutch actually feels better than the old which gets me to tihnking if it always had something wrong with it or what, as far as warranty goes mitch_lx my brother works there which is useful in many many ways, it got puched to the front of the cue and was done straight away, today or tomorrow i'm expecting my superlow king springs to come in at repco so i'll wash my baby and get some proper shots for the first time since i got it. Any suggestions where a good place to take photos in wollongong would be?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Can we have pics of the car before lowering? Some proper hi res ones from all angles?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
TAny suggestions where a good place to take photos in wollongong would be?
Near the lightouse at dusk would be pretty good.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i got the springs yesterday arvo it's kinda ИИИИty weather tho but i think my bro is putting them in on the weekend so i'll wash the car before and get some shots before and after, lighthouse is good, as is bellambi poitn or shellharbour beach, or something high up like stanwell tops or soemthing
Old 02-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #13
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
Yeah i got the springs yesterday arvo it's kinda ИИИИty weather tho but i think my bro is putting them in on the weekend so i'll wash the car before and get some shots before and after, lighthouse is good, as is bellambi poitn or shellharbour beach, or something high up like stanwell tops or soemthing
The causeway at Audley, you'll need another person to take the photos there, get them to walk up the track just after the causeway. My avatar was take just after the causeway in the carpark.

If your gonna go there, you may as well continue to the boat ramp at Sylvania Waters at night.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
73MTU

hey Zetec20, with lowering your car, are u just putting aftermarket springs on cause i had a few quotes and a couple fellas recon i should get coilovers cause putting lowered springs in will just mess up all the camber and a heap of other words i didnt understand? and how will it go with the 20's on?
73MTU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #15
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Clutch Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73MTU
hey Zetec20, with lowering your car, are u just putting aftermarket springs on cause i had a few quotes and a couple fellas recon i should get coilovers cause putting lowered springs in will just mess up all the camber and a heap of other words i didnt understand? and how will it go with the 20's on?
Well it depends what springs you get, if you get king spring Super Lows then YES you will get bad camber problems, camber wont be your only problem if you use superlows. Eventually your shocks will die. So thats why the suspension place you visited probably recommended coil-overs. BUT a cheaper option would be superlows and new sports shocks designed to be used in conjunction with low springs.

Some cars have slightly adjustable camber (not sure if the new focus does)
However my 2004 Fiesta does not, i lowered it on king spring lows and its got a tiny bit of rear camber but nothing severe. It looks tough though:P

With 20's geez. i rekon lows will be enough lol. any more than that and every time you go over a bump you will lose half your inner guard
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post