Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
newcarbuyer

Default Servicing and Service Costs

Hey all
Can someone help me with information about the frequency and costs of the standard LS FOCUS servicing.
Cheers

newcarbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
BlackLS

Its every 15,000... Service cost depends on where you go to get it serviced.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
whippet_zetec
Supes

and if you negotiated free servincing for any period of ownership ;)
Old 23-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Alway helps to have a relative working at ford, i suggest marrying into the company lol
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Complimentray inspection at 3,000km to ensure all is going well.

Scheduled minor Servicing is every 15,000 or 12 months, whichever comes first, rough cost of a minor service (an A service) is between the $220-280 mark generally varying from Dealer to Dealer.

Scheduled Major services (B service) are every 60,000km, probably closer to the $500-600 mark for those, but you're talking things like spark plugs, pollen filters etc.

Other than than, the new LS Focus has a very long life engine with a Timing Belt I believe lasting 150,000km which is phenomenal, meaning that's another $500 plus that you don't have to spend for a bit longer. LR Focus is about 120,000km I believe, amazing how far they can stretch them these days!!!

Hope this all helps. (These prices are out of my own real experience from owning a Focus LR old model and that of close friends. They are the same for new model. Open to negotiation to a minor degree with some Dealers, shop around and don't be afraid to ask.)
Old 24-01-2006, 12:02 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
Alway helps to have a relative working at ford, i suggest marrying into the company lol
If you're a hot single female between 18 and 27, I'm available and ready for marriage. :
Old 24-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
focus_gal
Starter Motor

Quote:
Oh I wouldn't go that far. My mother worked for various Ford dealers for 22 years and I never got that much if any knocked off my services. :( My Focus just had its 15000 service this past weekend and it cost me $215. Mum reckons that's not bad compared to what they used to charge where she worked.
focus_gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
newcarbuyer

Thanks guys - handy information when calculating running costs for salary sacraficing.
newcarbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcarbuyer
Thanks guys - handy information when calculating running costs for salary sacraficing.
Our pleasure. Anything to see yet another Focus convert!!!
Old 25-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

Focus Focus Focus....oi Oi Oi..... :eclipsee_