Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AUX input???

Hey guys,
Aparently there's an auxillary input in the ls focus to plug in mp3 players etc, Where the f**k is it?

Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
rider007

Try looking for a white coloured socket on the outer edge of the glove box when it is opened. It is recessed a bit to allow room for the plug.
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It's stunning how few people seem to be told of this feature... I'd use it as one of the selling points to the younger customers!!! Shame on your salesperson...
Old 21-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Matt,

congrats on 1500 posts.( Maybe time to get out a little more???!!lol)

But what is with the avatar?????
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #5
rider007

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
It's stunning how few people seem to be told of this feature... I'd use it as one of the selling points to the younger customers!!! Shame on your salesperson...
Here Here !!. I listen to my Ipod all the time using this feature. Hardly ever listen to the radio or CD . One of the deciding factors In buying my focus over the Mazda 3.
Old 22-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

1,500... no wonder I have no tan this summer...

Might work on the tan next weekend again.... have a title to fight for!! (see new avatar : )
Old 22-01-2006, 02:43 AM   #7
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awesome i found it, now i'm drunk, goodnight
Old 22-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #8
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh by the way high five for tellign me where it is, looks like i might get an ipod after all to store all my 'legally aquired music', any suggestions which 1 i should get?
Old 22-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #9
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
1,500... no wonder I have no tan this summer...

Might work on the tan next weekend again.... have a title to fight for!! (see new avatar : )
Was going to do some work myself this wekend, but too bloody hot! (Much better avatar...........maybe I should get out my State Dyno Champion Cup! rofl)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #10
rider007

I use an iPod Mini 6GB in combination with a Griffin AirCLick RF Remote Control. This is a little radio frequency remote control receiver that clips on to the Ipod and allows me to change tracks,pause,stop, power on and off the Ipod while keeping it hidden in the glove box. The remote control I keep handy in the storage bin area in front of the gear shift. Works great !!.

You can get this remote for a few other Ipod models also http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...lick/index.php . I also have a Ipod Video 60 GB that I don't use in the car all the time because of the cost and battery life. Check out www.iloungue.com for reviews on all iPods etc.

If you want to wait for a while there is an interesting remote control coming out with an LCD screen so you can see tracks etc. See www.abtech2.com .
Old 22-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #11
Forest Bear

There are players out there that are actually better, better value and more feature rich than iPods.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

I got an 1GB iRiver T10 and a Creative Zen Vision M which I recently got shipped from Singapore.

I use mostly the T10 for car trips. It holds 1 gig, it plays for days and days on one rechargeable AA battery. It doesn't need itunes. You simply copy mp3s over to it like its a disk drive. Its tiny so there is no need for a remote control.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

iRivers are better than iPODs I reckon. iRivers play more formats and on some/most models have a longer battery life. I think they both cost the same.

I have a 3G iPod btw.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 03:58 PM   #13
omg

Best thing to do is hit the shops, try a few out and pick the one you want.

I use a 60gig colour so I can carry all my music at decent quality and use a sik imp to plug into the aux input. Ipod sits either in one of the drink holders or down next to the cig lighter.
omg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

i wish there was a power source in the glovebox though. Then I can keep it in there and have no cable runs in sight.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 22-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Generally any MP3 player that isn't made by Apple will be far better value for money with bigger storage for the same price, at times substantially so. There's a Creative MP3 player I have my eyes on, wouldn't consider an Ipod.
Old 22-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #16
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't knock iPod's Matt, I bought one for the gf. So shhh cost me $500 so don't make it out I wasted money
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #17
FocusLX06

I leave my PlayStation Portable in there playing music all the time. I wish there was an RF remote for them, if I want to change songs at the moment I have to pick-up the PSP.
Old 27-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #18
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Thats when an iPod comes in handy. You can get an RF remote for it. :P

Random stuff: My PSP was stolen from my apartment last week when I got broken into. :( Along with alot of other stuff.