Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-02-2015, 09:11 PM   #31
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Falcon sales January

From Caradvice -

“We’re very pleased with how the new model is performing, particularly at the retail [level], and that’s what we’re really going to focus on, really driving those retail Falcon and Territory sales. The feedback we’re getting on the new Falcon is very good,” Sherwood said

Sherwood says Ford Australia’s shift away from a heavy fleet reliance will hurt its sales numbers in the short term but will prove to be a much healthier business model moving forward.

“We’re transforming our business, we’re restructuring the way we go to market, and that’s an emphasis on retail sales. As we continue to do that, certainly you give up some of the higher-volume, less-profitable sales and your numbers don’t make headlines, but our focus really is on the retail customer and getting to a point where we create a sustainable business over time.

“It’s not going to always look pretty in the sales numbers but we are absolutely shifting to that model.”
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #32
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Can't wait for the day that the Ranger knocks off the Hilux.........
Mazda are rejigging the BT50 soon. Ford cant afford to be reliant on just Ranger to keep their sales afloat. The need their entire imported range doing better.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #33
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
Mazda are rejigging the BT50 soon. Ford cant afford to be reliant on just Ranger to keep their sales afloat. The need their entire imported range doing better.
see post #31. people who fixate on a sales leaderboard will often be disappointed.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #34
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
From Caradvice -

“We’re very pleased with how the new model is performing, particularly at the retail [level], and that’s what we’re really going to focus on, really driving those retail Falcon and Territory sales. The feedback we’re getting on the new Falcon is very good,” Sherwood said

Sherwood says Ford Australia’s shift away from a heavy fleet reliance will hurt its sales numbers in the short term but will prove to be a much healthier business model moving forward.

“We’re transforming our business, we’re restructuring the way we go to market, and that’s an emphasis on retail sales. As we continue to do that, certainly you give up some of the higher-volume, less-profitable sales and your numbers don’t make headlines, but our focus really is on the retail customer and getting to a point where we create a sustainable business over time.

“It’s not going to always look pretty in the sales numbers but we are absolutely shifting to that model.”
Nice bit of propaganda there.

What are Mazdas Retail vs fleet sales ? Hmmmm ?

Double Fords ?
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #35
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
From Caradvice -

Not sure what the point of reposting these quotes was. Did you expect Ford to say "yeah Falcon is screwed. You know it and we know it".

Bit like how when Mondeo tanks it is always a "supply issue". Ford marketing may not be that great, but they sure aren't going to say whats going on if it isn't good news. Spin away is what you do and having been in marketing in a past life. the team at Ford must get very dizzy at times.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #36
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are trying to glaze over the horrible Falcon sales numbers for now, but as soon as they pull the pin early they will be dancing around them big time, trying to minimize the PR fallout from an early withdrawal. C***s.
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #37
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
Nice bit of propaganda there.

What are Mazdas Retail vs fleet sales ? Hmmmm ?

Double Fords ?
Agree.
Just thought I would post.
Seems Ford always have an excuse, usually around supple issues.

Interesting they say they are focusing on private sales, yet Ranger thrives on large scale fleet sales.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #38
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh well, at least Falcon out sold Porsche by 8 cars
I almost wish Ford would just kill the Falcon now and end the pain
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:09 PM   #39
AUwindsor

Do people here know that Geoff Polites was personally asking a bunch of Holden LS1 owners back in the early 2000's, why they bought Holdens, and not Fords, before the BA GT's etc were released.

Basically, the management of Ford at the time didn't even "get", that people wanted performance sedans.

Oh, so sad.

Then along came Mike Rann, former premier of SA, now overseas, after he leaves his trail of destruction, as usual for the CROWN puppets. He dreamt up some beautiful driving legislation for 'excessive noise', 'wheelspin', acceleration basically, and named it this cool name to appeal to the masses.. HOON. And sold it OZ wide, yaaaaaay! HOONS will kill everyone, must stop them.

To put it simply, a lot of "HOONS" still bought a good percentage of fords and holdens. Take away ALL of the incentives to buy/own one, make the cars inferior to boot, and how did they stand a chance?

Yes, end the pain.
AUwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #40
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It is still behind by over 500 units a month - it will be interesting to see what new Hilux is going to look like later this year. If it doesn't get a new diesel engine it might struggle to maintain market domination.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:21 PM   #41
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Here's a Ford ad for all of you complainers out there:

I see this ugly chick all the time.
Don't put her down. It is a disgrace to be so idiotic
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #42
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
It has in NZ. Not sure how they are pricing it over there and sales incentives etc but was good to see.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #43
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't be surprised if once the new Mondeo is released, Falcon is gone by years end,,,so disgraceful,,
Old 05-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #44
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Here's a Ford ad for all of you complainers out there:

I see this ugly chick all the time.
Well, that must be played all the time or I don't watch enough TV or listen to the right radio stations.

That ad, are they selling 2014 plate Falcons?
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #45
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if once the new Mondeo is released, Falcon is gone by years end,,,so disgraceful,,
Mondeo?? Why cause there will be a supply issue when it doesn't sell? Or some other excuse.

Really don't get how people don't understand that the medium car segment doesn't grow. Camry sells a bucket load and then the scraps are left for better cars in the market.

Anyway....so 1183 units were sold in Jan. They build about 580 cars for Jan. They sold more then they built in Dec.

About 1660 units for a full month of production would be a ripper of a month.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #46
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep View Post
Well, that must be played all the time or I don't watch enough TV or listen to the right radio stations.
I think people are getting confused here.... we're asking what FALCON ads are being run, not FORD ads. There is a difference. AFAIK, there has been no advertising in traditional media of FG-X, and given the average age of Falcon buyers, an online-only strategy may not be ideal.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #47
Vormund

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbvbvb088 View Post
Don't put her down. It is a disgrace to be so idiotic
Agreed. Calling her ugly (and I don't think she is) is really low.
Vormund is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #48
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Agree.
Just thought I would post.
Seems Ford always have an excuse, usually around supple issues.

Interesting they say they are focusing on private sales, yet Ranger thrives on large scale fleet sales.
The Ranger is a commercial vehicle, would you not expect businesses to be it's vastly greater buying group?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #49
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormund View Post
Agreed. Calling her ugly (and I don't think she is) is really low.
Fair enough, but I reckon if it was a guy in the ad and I called him ugly, you wouldn't have any qualms about it at all. Some people out there feel the need to defend females for whatever reason, whereas men are just expected to take insults on the chin.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #50
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't really see what her appearance has to do with this thread. Your contribution must be pretty pathetic if you've gotta bring that into the discussion...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #51
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its not her appearance that annoys me. the way she talks in the ads is what annoys me. thou in saying that, she might be a nice person in real life, after all it is called "acting"
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #52
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Mondeo?? Why cause there will be a supply issue when it doesn't sell? Or some other excuse.

Really don't get how people don't understand that the medium car segment doesn't grow. Camry sells a bucket load and then the scraps are left for better cars in the market.

Anyway....so 1183 units were sold in Jan. They build about 580 cars for Jan. They sold more then they built in Dec.

About 1660 units for a full month of production would be a ripper of a month.
Be interesting to see what people buy in that segment when the Camry is gone.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:55 AM   #53
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
Be interesting to see what people buy in that segment when the Camry is gone.
Where is camry going? Local production may end but it's a global car made all around the world. If anything it could become cheaper and better optioned.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2015, 02:22 AM   #54
Falco GT51
Blue Blood

Well guys I'm talking to my Ford dealers, I'm very close to working out a deal on a Falcon ute! Yeah baby
2005 BA GT Mll #0697.
1979 XD 5.8 X Pursuit
2015 FGX XR8