Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 19-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
mancavedweller

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent control blade article. 
Default How do I do a technical write up with photos

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to do a write up on job I did on my vehicle. I'm not allowed to start a thread in the technical write up section for whatever reason, so I tried in a normal thread.

I know how to upload photos, that's easy but the problem is I don't know how to write a bit, then place a photo, write a bit more then another photo. I've got about 22 photos and I don't just want a bunch of thumbnails at the bottom of my post.

The technical write up threads have it done the way I'm trying to do it.

mancavedweller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Default Re: How do I do a technical write up with photos

You just write your paragraph or sentence, then simply place the photobucket link in between.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
mancavedweller

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent control blade article. 

Thanks Teak81, but what is the photobucket link. Do you mean the little icon with mountains in it (Insert Image). That one asks my for a web link which is not what I'm trying to do. I've just checked and Photobucket is a separate website for hosting pictures.

Just like in the technical write ups on this forum I'm trying to have my pictures displayed in the write ups, not have a web link to them.
Old 19-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
kempy311
BEN

To upload pics to this forum you need to use photo bucket or something similar then use the img code and the picture will appear where you want it.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi The easy way to do it is write it up as a word document and send it off to russelw, if he thinks its worthwhile he posts it up with your name and the forum hosts the photos so they dont get lost or separated from the words. Cheers MD (sorry for dobbing you in russ)

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #6
mancavedweller

Thanks very much lads.

I like the MS Word method, much faster.