Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #31
QikSmurf

I have a work colleague that suffered from PA.

Do a search on CHARLES LINDEN and the LINDEN METHOD.

You are not mentally ill!

No matter how bad you think you are or how much you are suffering - you can and will be cured if you follow the simple method.

Anyone that suffers from anxiety or PA can be cured almost straight away.

You don't need prescription medication for permanent relief.
QikSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #32
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

InfernoSR mmmm! Bullies - no where you are coming from. I grew up with a mother as a school teacher at the school i attended. Story go's mum tells of kid, kid goes to lunch and tries to beat the crap out of me.

BUllying could be set as a whole other topic of discussion.

I sought of had little confidence when around people cause of being picked on at school. I never had major problems though, at school, cause i was bigger than most kids and could hold my own. I did find that when i started my apprenticeship though the bull went on but i stood up for myself and quashed it very quickly.

The best thing i ever did was 9 years of martial arts. I taught me to have confidence in my ability and analyze life situations for what they are. As i progressed through to my 2nd Dan i no longer feared "bullies" or really any one for that matter. Sometimes i can be over confident though!

As for the problematic guys that get everything with ease - i hear what your saying. I dont consider myself wealthy by any means but i am lucky to have a loving wife and a beautiful daughter and some nice toys, but i have worked damn hard for it. As for those with things handed to them with ease, i distance myself from them cause as with you they annoy me to. AS long as you are happy with your life and what you have acheived then you are the wealthy/ lucky one. Best of luck!
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #33
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc
Can i pose the question: A number of people have stated that they have had "Panic Attacks" after smokin weed. Is this what you class as a panic attack?

My thought is that it would be a reaction to a drug or hallucinagen? Despite the fact a lot of people toke and these days weed is more accceptable, this is still a mind altering drug of addiction and obviously cause symptoms as mention here.

Do not take my comments as a shot at anyone, we all make our own life choices, and i chose not to try weed. A mate of mine is now so addicted to the ******** that he hardly remembers me, wants to fight everyone and is so paranoid he thinks everyone is out to get him, including aliens.

I wouldnt want to confuse a panic attack with something else
Hey mate,

For me personally it wasn't till i stopped smoking drugs that i started to get them. So for mine it was partially attributed to the fact i used weed as an escape to deal with things not necessarily as a result of taking the drugs themselves.

I dont think the i got drunk and had one or i had a cone and had one is a true anxiety/panic attack but everyone has their own perceptions and ideas on the topic.

Qiksmurf, i respectfully but totally disagree with the statement it is not a mental illness and whilst i didn't use medication to overcome it everyone is different and if it works whats the harm.

Anxiety/panic attacks are a mental illness 100% if you experience it, it becomes very clear that it is.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #34
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc
Can i pose the question: A number of people have stated that they have had "Panic Attacks" after smokin weed. Is this what you class as a panic attack?
I think people are calling what is known in the business as 'Greening out' with a panic attack.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #35
gtfpv
GT

the term mental illnes associated with panic attack . i'm not too sure . wouldnt that depend on the trigger !!! . for example loud noise at night used to wake me up and i'd jump out of bed with my fists ready , and heart racing . nowadays i couldnt be bothered getting out of bed to see what it was . . some panic attacts could be of a normal variety . or fear not necessarily mental illnes .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #36
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
the term mental illnes associated with panic attack . i'm not too sure . wouldnt that depend on the trigger !!! . for example loud noise at night used to wake me up and i'd jump out of bed with my fists ready , and heart racing . nowadays i couldnt be bothered getting out of bed to see what it was . . some panic attacts could be of a normal variety . or fear not necessarily mental illnes .
Because thats not a true panic attack, there is a big difference between being edgy or scared and having a true panic attack.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #37
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Mate, Trust me. You know when your having a panic attack! It's the feeling of complete DOOM. Very very horrible. You cannot escape it at the time. And nothing has to trigger it.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #38
Falcman0o7
Banned

Death To Panic Attacks!!!!
Old 16-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #39
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I had added to this thread on Tuesday... when i was having a real bad spiral downwards... the be open and honest, and to help educate those who dont understand...
From the time i wrote my last comments, i went into a severe mental breakdown... panic attack set in as part of it, and i ended up hurting myself because of this.

For those who understand, try talking to someone who can openly express themself with this problem...
Old 17-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #40
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I highely apologise for my last post, i have had a few AFF members contact me with their concerns for my safety, and i highely appreciate that, but apologise for worrying others on here.
Old 17-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #41
ltd
Force Fed Fords

One thing that dope smokers should be wary of is an increased propensity toward schizophrenia. Do yourself a favour, and get off the stuff.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #42
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
One thing that dope smokers should be wary of is an increased propensity toward schizophrenia. Do yourself a favour, and get off the stuff.
mate you are SPOT ON! This bloke at work smokes it flat out and comes to work and abuses people including me. Im sick of it as well as the rest of the guys. he has been warned and warned and now managment won't do anything unless he is seen doing it or someone dobs him in. no one will dob him in because his off his head and would probley burn their house down. cant win. he is paranoid and acuses us of talking or laughing at him. He threatend to kill me once over someone using his last name witch was my wifes last name also.
Anyway i'm getting worked up typing this! We shouldn't have to put up with it but we do for our jobs. the ******** just keeps getting away with it.

few more he's on, golden caps, meth, speed, acid, 8 panadine fort...ect ect.
Old 16-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #43
Falcman0o7
Banned

Default Re: Panic Attacks

So how are those of you with this problem now?

PS, The bloke i mentioned from work got the sack after he PUNCHED my boss in the head. No sh it.
Old 16-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #44
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Out of all my mates etc I am the person who is the calm and laid back person who doesnt really worry or anything but there are two things that send me into panic attack mode.

1. Showrides. Ever since my sister was killed in a showride accident in 1997 when I was 6 I am scared shitless of the things. The most i'll go on is the dodgem cars. Anything else and I freeze up, panic, find it hard to breathe and find myself constantly staring at every little nut and bolt that holds the ride together as if expecting it to break.

2. Being a passenger in cars. After being in two roll overs as a passenger I hate being a passenger in any car especially 4wd's. I'll constantly watch the speedo and the road and basically crap myself although I am slowly getting over this fear. It's the fear of me not being in control that makes me panic. If I am driving I am fine as I am in control and i'll do anything but as a passenger HELL NO! So whenever we go anywhere I always do my best to be the driver.

No where near as bad as anyone here but they are the only times I get the feeling of a panic attack.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #45
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
Out of all my mates etc I am the person who is the calm and laid back person who doesnt really worry or anything but there are two things that send me into panic attack mode.

1. Showrides. Ever since my sister was killed in a showride accident in 1997 when I was 6 I am scared shitless of the things. The most i'll go on is the dodgem cars. Anything else and I freeze up, panic, find it hard to breathe and find myself constantly staring at every little nut and bolt that holds the ride together as if expecting it to break.

2. Being a passenger in cars. After being in two roll overs as a passenger I hate being a passenger in any car especially 4wd's. I'll constantly watch the speedo and the road and basically crap myself although I am slowly getting over this fear. It's the fear of me not being in control that makes me panic. If I am driving I am fine as I am in control and i'll do anything but as a passenger HELL NO! So whenever we go anywhere I always do my best to be the driver.

No where near as bad as anyone here but they are the only times I get the feeling of a panic attack.
Sounds like you have a problem with other people being in control, and I don't say that in a negative way...I'm exactly the same, you know your own abilities, but you never 'truly' know the abilities of those around you. It has gotten better over time, but there's still some days when Steve drives that my hands start to get clammy and I really start to panic. Normally he notices, other times I have to ask him to slow down - and he's never going excessively fast, so it's a bit of a conundrum for me as to what causes it...aside from my irrational thought process...

As for show rides, I'm truly sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. I avoid those rides like the plague...I just can't do it.

As far as the anxiety goes - I thought I was okay up until a few months back, I had a few minor 'freak outs' and a couple of full blown panic attacks at the most inconvenient times. Your heart wants to leap out of your chest and run away - the first time I cried, there didn't seem to be much else I could do. The second time I actually laughed at it...I laughed through the impending tears and it seemed to fade of pretty quickly. I thought I was seriously sick when it first started happening, I'd hear my heart beat in my ears and I felt like I wasn't in control...wasn't until the other half started talking to me that I realised exactly what it was...and set forth to fix it! So far so good.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #46
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

I suffer from both depression and severe panic attacks, that are brought on by crowds, kind of like the ones you'd find on a metro train in melb, that was fun to deal with when I was at uni in the city :S

Still dealing with them, mine tends to be stress related, and seeing as I'm a person that can't say "no" when asked for help, and I work fulltime and I'm doing my final year of uni, I'm pretty much medicated till I graduate. It seems weird to be in this position, until I got into one of *those* relationships, I was the most confident out there person in town, now I spend half my time in a book hiding from reality because I can't deal with it.

on top of that, being part of the uni race team, I had to explain my situation to various key team members (mostly people that design the car), and now they tread on eggshells around me, which is exactly what I dont want!
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #47
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One day 20 years ago I was at a conference where there were around 1,000 other people seated in this auditorium. I had this weird sensation come over me as if I was gonna faint, so i rushed out to the mens room washed my face and started to feel better - walked back inside and everything was fine, and thought nothing more of it, putting it down to not having lunch and being a bit fatigued and busy

A few months later I was on a crowded train one morning and actually did faint in the aisle. Went to the doctors who did a range of tests - everything was fine.

This happened again (on a train) a year or so later....had more tests - everything was fine. Then a few months after that happened I fainted in a crowded food court while buying lunch - laying there with people around me wondering WTF was going on.

On each of these occasions I panicked once the symptoms set in and tried to find an entrance to get out of the situation.

Doctor put it down to panic attacks (had never heard of them before this) and referred me to a psychologist for a few sessions - didn't work
Went onto Zoloft for a few years - they certainly helped but I didn't want to stay on medication all my life so went off those in 2003
Had hypnotherapy for 4-5 sessions - didn't work.
Tried the Linden method - Load of crock

So 20 years on and no solution - just live with it. I get them every few months. I find I try and avoid waiting in long queues, avoid crowded situations etc although in my job as a Finance Director for a national law firm I often have to do presentations and talk to groups of people.

I even find an attack can come on while driving which is a scary thought. It's brough on claustrophobia for me , something I never worried about before these attacks.

I'd pay thousands for a solution that actually WORKS !
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #48
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
One day 20 years ago I was at a conference where there were around 1,000 other people seated in this auditorium. I had this weird sensation come over me as if I was gonna faint, so i rushed out to the mens room washed my face and started to feel better - walked back inside and everything was fine, and thought nothing more of it, putting it down to not having lunch and being a bit fatigued and busy

A few months later I was on a crowded train one morning and actually did faint in the aisle. Went to the doctors who did a range of tests - everything was fine.

This happened again (on a train) a year or so later....had more tests - everything was fine. Then a few months after that happened I fainted in a crowded food court while buying lunch - laying there with people around me wondering WTF was going on.

On each of these occasions I panicked once the symptoms set in and tried to find an entrance to get out of the situation.

Doctor put it down to panic attacks (had never heard of them before this) and referred me to a psychologist for a few sessions - didn't work
Went onto Zoloft for a few years - they certainly helped but I didn't want to stay on medication all my life so went off those in 2003
Had hypnotherapy for 4-5 sessions - didn't work.
Tried the Linden method - Load of crock

So 20 years on and no solution - just live with it. I get them every few months. I find I try and avoid waiting in long queues, avoid crowded situations etc although in my job as a Finance Director for a national law firm I often have to do presentations and talk to groups of people.

I even find an attack can come on while driving which is a scary thought. It's brough on claustrophobia for me , something I never worried about before these attacks.

I'd pay thousands for a solution that actually WORKS !
hey Pete , thanks for sharing . i think anyone would have some sort of trigger for a panic attack . to light hearten your post a bit i was thinking of the adrenaline rush we get when we give our GT's some stick , enough to bring a panic attack on for me anyways . I dont get panic attacks in public , but i do get them just by going to the doctors for tests etc . which is bad if you have to stay calm for a medical test . many times they just cant diagnose anything from a medical test , because i'll be having a panic attack .
Old 16-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #49
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hey Pete , thanks for sharing . i think anyone would have some sort of trigger for a panic attack . to light hearten your post a bit i was thinking of the adrenaline rush we get when we give our GT's some stick , enough to bring a panic attack on for me anyways . I dont get panic attacks in public , but i do get them just by going to the doctors for tests etc . which is bad if you have to stay calm for a medical test . many times they just cant diagnose anything from a medical test , because i'll be having a panic attack .
No worries

Just following on from that, its amazing how it affects your life , managing it is the key I guess and slow breathing does help. I'm a bit of a worrier by nature and I don't think this helps. Positive thinking and not dwelling on negatives can help. I'm pretty fit, don't do drugs or smoke, exercise regularly, drink in moderation, eat properly (most of the time...lol) have great friends and family, healthy children, a good job, financially secure etc etc ...but yet can't get rid of this pest that impacts on your life.

I can't do blood tests without psycing up for them, and forget giving blood..Travelling in planes doesn't bother me like it does a lot of people though. Christ I've even heard stories some folk won't even go out of their house ! Thank god I'm not in that situation.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #50
gtfpv
GT

i have the cure , and the answer . what you do is this , when you feel one upon you , take some deep breaths , relax , sit still , wipe your brow , remember other people in the room have no idea your having one , put your hand on your cheek and try to think nice thoughts , after a few minutes take some more deep breaths , when all this fails , look quickly for an exit remember no one else is aware , now frantically get the F# out of there , then open your eyes relax taking it all in , look around you , you may see the roof , because you made a fool of yourself , completely lost it , and you are on a stretcher being thrown into the back of an ambulance , see , no problem , handled that one well . LOL.
Old 16-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #51
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

I used to have recurring, sometimes chronic, issues with depression and
anxiety. I've had just a few panic attacks, years ago, and agree with the
comments here that they are awful episodes indeed.

I have been alcohol and drug free for 12 years now and things are much much
better, after a lengthy adjustment period. I canned the cigs about 4 years ago
also and that has also been beneficial. These days there is no depression,
no panic episodes, very little or no anxiety and I've never opted for the meds either.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #52
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, never new this thread existed, ive had them for about 4 years, started off with the whole breathing thing, now its just dizzyness and nasuea and sometimes the breathing thing. I have been on zoloft for 3 days now ( to help with anxiety ) and have had some horrible side effects, including the breathing anxiety, jaw clenching, feeling like dry reaching, hopefully these will subside so then i can get my life on track. A also have started talking to a physcologist
Old 16-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #53
Falcman0o7
Banned

Gee guys very sorry to hear about some of the problems that you's have had not to mention the tragic pasts.
I'm doing better now but and have not had a panic attack for some time around a year. I don't mind crowds, it's when i'm alone i tend to get them. I think knowing people are near is like a comfort blanket. ( if something happens to me help is near basically ) Anxitiy is my problem now. The feeling something bad is going to happen! HATE IT! Hearts boom boom boom just waiting for something bad :( The thing that really annoys me and sets off the anxitiy is the feeling of my heart skipping a beat or 2 followed by a THUD.
then i get pins and needles and freak out. Panic attacks and the fluttering heart are MIND problems and are not dangerous. The mind is a VERY powerful tool and can effect your body functions.
hence- stress- heart attacks ect
Old 16-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #54
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't wanna start a separate thread about it but I thought i'd just chime in with some -side advice since it seems to be a common factor in panic attacks. Don't try that new fake weed (Kronic etc) stuff. It's not going to help you stop smoking real bud or stop the panic attacks. Apparently its 100x stronger and more addictive than heroin - I have no idea about those claims. Only what i've been told by those who'd tried it.

I met someone a week ago who'd smoked the stuff that night just to try it. They were a casual choofer but hadn't tried this stuff and as most people who do, were curious.

She had a small amount of the stuff at home by herself and it sent her off into what you guys would probably say was a panic attack. She couldn't convince herself of moving but knew she wanted to move. Couldn't convince herself of where she was even though she knew she was at home, finally convinced herself to go to bed to close it all out and go to sleep but when she made it to bed couldn't convince herself she'd made it to bed. Couldn't stop moving, erratic, uncomfortable etc. Nothing like that had happened to her on the normal stuff ever before.

She was given it by a couple of her friends who bought it and didn't like it. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions, she wasn't pushed into it and she knew that they didn't like the stuff. She decided to try it and won't touch it ever again. I'm not writing this with a bias towards anything or condoning etc.. Just a warning to those who might..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #55
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The other half is going through a rough time at the moment which has meant I've copped the brunt of her worries.

This has taken it's toll and I'm slowly slipping back into waves of the beginnings of a panic attack, however nothing full blown as of yet. Hopefully some R&R will fix that

I just try deep breathing, thinking about things I'm looking forward to, what I am grateful for in my life and reminding myself that my thoughts are not my physical reality.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #56
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
I don't wanna start a separate thread about it but I thought i'd just chime in with some -side advice since it seems to be a common factor in panic attacks. Don't try that new fake weed (Kronic etc) stuff. It's not going to help you stop smoking real bud or stop the panic attacks. Apparently its 100x stronger and more addictive than heroin - I have no idea about those claims. Only what i've been told by those who'd tried it.

I met someone a week ago who'd smoked the stuff that night just to try it. They were a casual choofer but hadn't tried this stuff and as most people who do, were curious.

She had a small amount of the stuff at home by herself and it sent her off into what you guys would probably say was a panic attack. She couldn't convince herself of moving but knew she wanted to move. Couldn't convince herself of where she was even though she knew she was at home, finally convinced herself to go to bed to close it all out and go to sleep but when she made it to bed couldn't convince herself she'd made it to bed. Couldn't stop moving, erratic, uncomfortable etc. Nothing like that had happened to her on the normal stuff ever before.

She was given it by a couple of her friends who bought it and didn't like it. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions, she wasn't pushed into it and she knew that they didn't like the stuff. She decided to try it and won't touch it ever again. I'm not writing this with a bias towards anything or condoning etc.. Just a warning to those who might..

I was watching this last night, what a crock eh, obvisouly we arent aloud anything, im suprised alcohol isnt banned ! I dont do drugs myself but a few of my mates have had that natural weed and they were fine.
Old 16-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #57
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that fake weed contains a synthetic which effects the same receptors as cannabis but not in the same way and it may even do permenant damage to these receptors. Imagine coffee being illegal but being able to buy from shops decafe laced with speed, it would be very similar to this reality.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #58
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
i have the cure , and the answer . what you do is this , when you feel one upon you , take some deep breaths , relax , sit still , wipe your brow , remember other people in the room have no idea your having one , put your hand on your cheek and try to think nice thoughts , after a few minutes take some more deep breaths , when all this fails , look quickly for an exit remember no one else is aware , now frantically get the F# out of there , then open your eyes relax taking it all in , look around you , you may see the roof , because you made a fool of yourself , completely lost it , and you are on a stretcher being thrown into the back of an ambulance , see , no problem , handled that one well . LOL.
JUST SO PEOPLE KNOW , i made this up . it is a joke . however i can understand this happens to some people , and it isnt funny , but a sense of humour goes a long way . as i said . i recken everyone has a situation that would put them into a panic attack . i dont regard it as abnormal , as 100% of people would have some sort of panic attack in thier lives in my opinion.
Old 16-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #59
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I started having panic attack coming to the end of highschool. Nothing specific would bring them on and I wasn't depressed at all. I did not understand what it was at the time, and decided I was being soft. Took up weight training and haven't had any problems since. Almost as if strengthening the heart muscle made it go away.

Last edited by irish2; 16-06-2011 at 06:16 PM.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #60
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
I started having panic attack coming to the end of highschool. Nothing specific would bring them on and I wasn't depressed at all. I did not understand what it was at the time, and decided I was being soft. Took up weight training and haven't had any problems since. Almost as if strengthening the heart muscle made it go away.
No, its not strengthening the heart muscle Its because when you work out, your brain creates seriontide ( sorry for the spelling ) which is what your brain misses when you have depression/anxiety. That is why there are "gym junkies" out there