Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 21-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Has Beens Corner

I thought I would go out on a limb here and start a thread with the theme of once i did something,
Please don't leave me out on a limb Just post some thing, Football, Netball, Softball maybe your old / latest boat and the one that did not get away.

Yep that is a mini in front of me so how's that for an ego killer.
built the car myself from the ground up, ran it for nearly three years and best result is third place in the Qld Club Car championship 1997 (they call it Improved Production cars these days) after a comment like that i should go and get my walking stick.

Old 22-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Hey lots of lookers but not many takers. You all chicken!

We here's mine. I used to play A Grade Softball.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...seSoftball.jpg
I have recently taken up the sport again after having the kids and 11 years of not playing and I love it. You may have noticed the skinned knees - no I did not fall over - I slid into home base and yes I got safe. You are never too old but I have decided that it hurts a lot more and takes a lot longer to recover. I guess that happens when you think you are still 18 but body lets you know how old you really are.

Hope to see a lot more posts. This could be very funny and intersting to see what people used to get up to.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
big_waity
Windsor Man!

I'll reply. I never really did anything that interesting. In fact, the closest I have ever been to being involved in any official sport was being a soccer linesman for the Brisbane Baptist League. So, Coyote, if you feel like a has been(I think that is what you're getting at), don't, at least you've done something.
Old 22-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to enjoy spending the winter weekends going out and assaulting people legally. Rugby League in case you are wondering.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
SP Ken

G'day all,

I don't have any sports pics but this was me in my former life. The pic was taken in East Timor at one of the UN Check Points on the East / West Timor border. I was in the Army for 20 years so I guess you can class me as a has been now. Although it wasn't as exciting as my current employment (see the other thread on "what do you do in the real world").

Cheers,

Ken

Old 22-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #6
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is me back in my early go karting days..... I'm the one in the yellow race suit

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 09:31 PM   #7
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

So Matt even back then you were in training to try and beat me at Morgan Park... :evil3:
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Torie :thebirds: You are going to get the biggest **** kicking, I asure you...... :

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 23-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #9
SYKES
Starter Motor

Ok, I have one.

A mate and I raced a Thundercat a couple of years back. An absolute massive adrenalin rush, going 60-70kph through and over 6ft waves! The quickest we had it was 87kph doing some prop testing up the Brizzy river (we had a hand held GPS). Have a few more shots of some massive airs but the files are too big and I am not sure how to resize them.

Mick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wilson_P_CrossShot.jpg (17.8 KB, 71 views)
SYKES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:59 PM   #10
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Significence of Kiwi Logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon Ken
G'day all,

I don't have any sports pics but this was me in my former life. The pic was taken in East Timor at one of the UN Check Points on the East / West Timor border. I was in the Army for 20 years so I guess you can class me as a has been now. Although it wasn't as exciting as my current employment (see the other thread on "what do you do in the real world").

Cheers,

Ken

What is the significence of the Kiwi ?? Target practice??
Old 29-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #11
SP Ken

The border between East & West Timor was looked after by both the Aussies and Kiwis, a real ANZAC effort. That was one of the Kiwi check points.
Old 29-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #12
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you see any action while you were they Ken

11.91 @ 117mph Vid