Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 17-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Photo Help

Hi guys wondering if anyone can help. I resized a picture in my photobucket account (I wanted to highlight something in th background). I thought I resaved this picture seperatly to re use in another post however it didn't and has now modified this picture in all my diffrent threads. Not what I wanted to to. Dose anyone know how I car restore this picture to mormal???? Can I re-add the picture to my photobucket account and somehow modify the addrss so it suits the original pictures link????and deleat the resized picture? Any ideas?

Cheers Ryan

bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Photo Help

Hi Ryan,

I have done this before...so you are not the only one

Do you have the original image saved somewhere without being modified?

If you do, you can name it the same name as the image you now have in photobucket, delete the image that is not what you want, and then upload the pic that has the same name. The links in all your threads will show the new uploaded pic.

If you haven't got the original pic saved then there is not much you can do to reverse what you have done as when you resize an image smaller, it becomes pixelated when you make it bigger...it does work to a degree if you made it bigger and want to shrink it again.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Col
Old 18-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Photo Help

Ok now this is wired. I have the original picture on my computer. I down loaded it again. Tried to modify the address with no luck as it now as a -1 at the end. I loaded it again this time it has a -2. The original address is identical except for this. So I deleted every one of them and then uploaded the original unmodified image from my hard drive it has the original address however the view in photo bucket is still that of the modified image????? how can this be especially after I deleted it and uploaded an unmodified version of the picture?????????

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post