Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #121
cainen

Default Re: Aftermarket parts for the Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem0x View Post
The accessport is locked to a particular cars ecu once programmed . Does the bluefin have the same security measure?

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Yes, but you can pay Superchips (I think $100 or $150) to reset it so someone else can use it on their car. They will only reset it if your car is set back to stock tune though. So no chance for a side business unfortunately.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #122
RelSpecificity
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo_M View Post
This is what Peter from the Aus/ NZ branch sent me this arvo:

"Thanks for your email about Bluefin.

We do alot of Fiesta STs as they respond so well to being Superchipped. You will get alot better throttle response, low down and mid range torque and the car will pull all the way to the red line. Many owners report anything up to 10% saving on fuel as well, due to the fact there is less gear changing. And the annoying lag that they have at low revs also disappears. With the ST 1.6 the gains are as follows;
Ford Fiesta ST 1.6 EcoBoost (182PS)
3/2013 onwards
Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol
Engine size : 1596 cm3
Cylinders : 4
Original bhp : 179 (135kW)
Original nm : 290
BHP increase : 38 (29kW)
NM gain : 73
Boost at standard : 20 psi 1.4 bar
Boost modified : 23 psi 1.6 bar
Speed Limit Removal : Not Available

All fittings come with a lifetime warranty and have a million dollar cover. We are the official Mini Cooper, Audi and VW Rally team ECU reprogrammers in the UK and as such work closely with the manufacturers so we do not go over their recommended tolerances. On top of this, with the Bluefin you have the option to put the car back to standard at any time, so if you do have any issues, put it back to standard and then take it to your dealer, if you do not want them to know it has been modified. However if you do get any problems with the vehicle, we would get it inspected by an independent garage and if the fault is due to the upgrade, we authorise it to be fixed. We are not interested in excuses, as we know that you will want your car back as soon as possible. However we have never had a claim in 36 years.

The price is AUD$699 delivered to you in Australia. Please note that the units bought from us have a full warranty, whereas ones bought elsewhere will have no backup from us or warranty. I have one in stock if you would like it and can give you our Australian account details to pay into if you wish to proceed.

Hope this helps and if you have any other queries, please feel free to get in touch."
Sounds too good to be true!!! Very interested to hear your thoughts once it's done!
RelSpecificity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #123
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

I'm getting 7.4 with 90% city style driving, lots of stop starts, and always short trips 15-20 minutes. With some more highway style driving I was averaging 6.8..

was a mix of some conservative driving and spirited fun .

Can't wait to hear your review of the superchips tune. Mainly been looking at the Cobb (thanks mainly to the accessport and its screen with plenty of gauges) and the revo tune.

It seems both Revo (168kw, 368nm) and Superchips (163kw, 363nm) seem to be getting more power vs the Cobbs (137kw, 336nm).

maybe I'm being a power whore but sans the access port the superchips and revo tune seem the go. That is until Cobb open up the accessport for the fiesta st and allow anyone to tune them
Nitrobuggies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #124
Simmo_M

Well Cobb finally got back to me, it appears to be a lot easier to install the Cobb than everyone is making it out to be (because Aus spec FiST). But they got in too late and to be honest; the only reason I wanted the Cobb was because, as mentioned earlier, them dials and that touch screen C: but the tune isn't as tasty as the Superchip.

If they sent it off today, I should have it tomorrow and will install it Friday night because I need access to a PC (Mac user...) but I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes. Keep in mind, the only other "mod" I have is K&N filter. But from what I gather, the tune is the biggest (stage 1) upgrade on the market. Next will be rear engine mount & intake. But that'll be in a couple weeks. Leaving FMI and exhaust till later.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #125
Swoopdown

Whats up with the rear engine mount? i thought that was only a temp issue with the focus st? wouldnt ours be under warranty?

Has anyone done the mountune mp215 in Aust yet or everyone going to go superchips bluefin?

Last edited by Swoopdown; 07-03-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #126
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
Whats up with the rear engine mount? i thought that was only a temp issue with the focus st? wouldnt ours be under warranty?

Has anyone done the mountune mp215 in Aust yet or everyone going to go superchips bluefin?
Don't think the rear mount is faulty.
This might explain;
http://www.fiestast.org/forum/cobb-t...le-fiesta.html
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #127
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

I did say earlier in this thread that it didn't feel that sloppy to me, but now that I've had it pop out of gear on me once and felt the harshness on some high RPM shifts I can definitely feel the slop in the stock mounts now.

Will wait until it craps out to replace it though...

What on shore options do we have for turbo and/or cat backs so far? Not looking to spend too much, probably have 1 muffler 1 resonator and don't want to throw engine codes for emissions... what do we reckon? Main thing I'm after is burble and crackle on over run.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #128
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

The stock rear engine mount is the same as all base model WZ + WQ/XR4. Same part numbers. This is something I'm keen to purchase and would be happy to organise as a group buy if peeps are interested. It was a massive improvement in the XR4, 1st 2nd 3rd shift were smooth as. It is the Vibra-teknik's one Im looking at.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 07-03-2014 at 03:37 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #129
garat05
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
The stock rear engine mount is the same as all base model WZ + WQ/XR4. Same part numbers. This is something I'm keen to purchase and would be happy to organise as a group buy if peeps are interested. It was a massive improvement in the XR4, 1st 2nd 3rd shift were smooth as. It is the Vibra-teknik's one Im looking at.
I'd be interested in engine mounts, maybe we could get the fitting done on a group buy basis too for those of us who are technically challenged.
garat05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #130
Skramit

I'm a noob. What difference does an engine mount make??
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #131
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Spent most of today installing a few additions to my fez. Please excuse the dirtiness of the car. I got sidetracked installing instead of detailing.

1. Richbrook "Ford" Stubby Aerial.
I think this really cleans up the look. Anything is better than the stock lightsabre.

2. LED's - License Plate, Footwell & Both Roof Lights
Cheapest mod so far. Loving the extra light especially at night. Might need to fix the license plate one for more coverage.

3. Bonnet Strut
Real easy to install. Should have come stock with the car.

4. Mountune Silicone Hose + J1 MAF Adapter + K&N Apollo Filter.
Was done in under 20minutes, including removing the stock air box. From Turbo to Pod it is 70mm straight through. The stock setup I think is 63mm. The sound is amazing. Car feels less restrictive and some how Im now getting a bit more burble from the exhaust.

Will have a few more bits to install in the coming weeks.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 08-03-2014 at 06:50 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #132
clem0x

Nice mods mista! How easy/difficult were the footwell lights to replace? Were they a like for like replacement?

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 08-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #133
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Yeah pretty much straight swap. 6 bulbs delivered for under $15.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #134
DreadlyST

What's the go with the pod filter?
Is it some sort of enclosed cone? Can't really make it out from the pics if the outside is solid or if it's just like a regular one but all one colour! Will have to check it out proper when we arrange a meet with Dan to pick up our front lips! Hopefully next week some time!!
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #135
cogzi
Starter Motor

First off, nice mods! Will definitely be doing a few of these myself when i take delivery in May. I see from your plates you are also in NSW... With regards to your air filter, do you think you would have any trouble with cops considering it a pod and issue a defect?
cogzi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #136
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

It is a standard k&n cone filter that is enlosed in a solid plastic case. The only opening is at the end where you can attach a cold air feed pipe. I prefer to have without due to space restriction. I have been using this setup on all my fiestas with no dramas and looks kinda stock and all in black so it doesnt stand out. Alot of the filter kits available for ST in usa or uk arnt enclosed which is illegal in nsw at leasr. There are very few options that are enclosed but come with a big converted pricetag.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #137
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the flexi tube from the front end of the Apollo in there somewhere? I ran one of these without that tube on a Focus, and it was hopeless as soon as it got warm (and that didn't take very long).

EDIT: Ah, I see. If anyone happens to be interested in buying a slightly used (two weeks installed only) Apollo, then I have one. The only thing missing is the flexi-tube, which was more or less cardboard with a foil covering from the looks - should be easy to substitute.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #138
Pursya

The bonnet strut.
Where from? And would it fit a Thia Fez? (Please note you said you did mods on your FEZ. I assume FEZ is Fiesta Zetec, not a FIST, which your car clearly is).
Old 08-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #139
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Yeah the cold air feed tube that comes with the kit is utter useless. After a few months it deteriorated and and had cuts and holes where the bends were. I have a substitute wire reinforced pipe but I will have to rework the positioning of apollo to fit it.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:14 PM   #140
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

There is bonnet struts available for wp/wq/xr4 & ws/wt/wz and will fit regardless if lx, zetec etc. Checkout team torque steer for the strut.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #141
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Out of interest, did you compare the weight of the strut against the factory rod?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:35 PM   #142
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I didnt but I would say the rod is lighter.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #143
Swoopdown

Nice mods

I installed mountune short shifter and K&N air filter friday night and was such a pain to tighten it up but eventually got it. after some good driving yesterday and today i love the shorter throws.

fuel economy is up now around 10 ltrs atm

Last edited by Swoopdown; 09-03-2014 at 03:51 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 09-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #144
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
fuel economy is up now around 10 ltrs atm
You just driving everywhere in second gear?
2 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #145
Pursya

$130 for the strut?
OUCHIE!

While I like my mechanic, I'm not sure he's worth that much to save him 3 seconds of work.
Plus they don't do my color.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #146
Swoopdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
You just driving everywhere in second gear?
Hahaha unfortunately not.

I watch the trip meter and its really volatile measuring from 2ltr to 20ltrs
Old 10-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #147
Simmo_M

OK! My Bluefin came today! Well what can I say? Aside from "Holy ****!". This is an amazing upgrade. The installation was very simple (assuming you have windows and didn't have to stuff around for 2 hours Bootcamping your Mac like I did). It shouldn't take you more than 30 mins, including installing the cd drive and sending off/ receiving your map. Once I got windows up and running, I updated the Superchips drive to 4.0.5, sent my original map off to Superchips, received the new map instantly, connected back upto my car and BOOM! The car was alive! I've only taken it around the block so the computer hasn't had time to relearn what's going on.

First thing I've noticed is boost comes on almost instantly, there's a slight flat spot at around 3500rpm but I'll wait to see if the ecu corrects this, otherwise I'll contact Superchips. When I say "flat spot" I mean "there's a range from about 3500 - 4000 rpm where the turbo seems to back off, then on again. ".

All in all, this is a MUST HAVE mod! $699 shipped, direct from Superchips, this is going to give you more power and better fuel economy than any other mod on the market. In all honesty, I'm glad I didn't role with the Cobb. Videos show only +2hp and +20-30nm (dyno numbers) with their stage one. Superchips is +38hp, +73nm & on average 10% better fuel economy. You'd be nuts not to get this mod.

The gains from this mod will really benefit with upgraded intake, zorst & FMI.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #148
clem0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
I'm definitely gonna give this a try. Anyone else done it?

http://blog.modbargains.com/6-mods-m...fun-fiesta-st/

That was a good read, thanks for the link Mista
Old 11-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #149
RelSpecificity
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo_M View Post
OK! My Bluefin came today! Well what can I say? Aside from "Holy ****!". This is an amazing upgrade. The installation was very simple (assuming you have windows and didn't have to stuff around for 2 hours Bootcamping your Mac like I did). It shouldn't take you more than 30 mins, including installing the cd drive and sending off/ receiving your map. Once I got windows up and running, I updated the Superchips drive to 4.0.5, sent my original map off to Superchips, received the new map instantly, connected back upto my car and BOOM! The car was alive! I've only taken it around the block so the computer hasn't had time to relearn what's going on.

First thing I've noticed is boost comes on almost instantly, there's a slight flat spot at around 3500rpm but I'll wait to see if the ecu corrects this, otherwise I'll contact Superchips. When I say "flat spot" I mean "there's a range from about 3500 - 4000 rpm where the turbo seems to back off, then on again. ".

All in all, this is a MUST HAVE mod! $699 shipped, direct from Superchips, this is going to give you more power and better fuel economy than any other mod on the market. In all honesty, I'm glad I didn't role with the Cobb. Videos show only +2hp and +20-30nm (dyno numbers) with their stage one. Superchips is +38hp, +73nm & on average 10% better fuel economy. You'd be nuts not to get this mod.

The gains from this mod will really benefit with upgraded intake, zorst & FMI.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds awesome! Don't suppose you have before & after dyno figures?

Very interested to hear your ongoing thoughts and figures like fuel economy etc.
RelSpecificity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #150
Simmo_M

No dyno figures at current. Only installed it last night haha. I'm probably just going to repeat ConST, but all this car needs is stage 1 mods. Anything past that and it'll just become violently fast. Sport mode w/ Bluefin tourqe-steer in pretty heavy. I've had 4 Hondas prior to my FiST, one of which had 300fwhp at 10psi. So I know all about tourqe-steer haha but this is a different type. Instead of the typical pulls from side to side, the FiST pulls to one side and it pulls HARD! I definitely wouldn't want a larger turbo.

Keep it all stage 1 and you'll have fun as a daily.