Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #91
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

Default Re: Aftermarket parts for the Fiesta ST

Im planning some mods for my car. At the moment I'm upgrading all interior lights to LED as well as exterior (Sans low beam and high beam). I do plan on going a brighter Low Beam globe as i find the stock to be limited in beam length. I am considering going HIDs but so far haven't found anyone doing a proper conversion for the ST. I have been told to standard fiesta can come with HIDs, I'm wondering if these will fit?? Also planing on painting the interior of the headlamps black to remove the chrome look. I think it will make it look a lot meaner and sportier.

In terms of performance mods. Looking at getting the COBB AP as i like the idea of having a screen with boost readouts etc. Also looking into a CAI, Exhaust (turbo back) just finding the right OTS one or getting one fabricated (Cons one sounded alright from the video). The rear engine mount might get changed as well as going to a short shifter. Thats the limit of what i will most likely do although i have found a modded exhaust manifold which would be kool but most likely over kill. The Tune, CAI and Exhaust (mainly to add some nice sound to it)

Handling mods. Looking at upgraded bushes maybe, Most likely anti roll bars but definitely some wider tires (215 or 225) and some stickier rubber (Kuhmu KU31 is at the top of my list at the moment).

Whats everyones thought on all of that??
Nitrobuggies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #92
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrobuggies View Post
I have been told to standard fiesta can come with HIDs, I'm wondering if these will fit??
If there are HID options available for the Zetec they should fit your car fine. not sure how you'll go with wiring for the auto levelling?

Quote:
Also planing on painting the interior of the headlamps black to remove the chrome look. I think it will make it look a lot meaner and sportier.
I'm wanting to do this too, again it might be easier to get some lights off of a base model or preferably a US spec Fiesta/ST. See below

Quote:
In terms of performance mods. Looking at getting the COBB AP as i like the idea of having a screen with boost readouts etc. Also looking into a CAI, Exhaust (turbo back) just finding the right OTS one or getting one fabricated (Cons one sounded alright from the video).
CAI, Turbo back, Intercooler and an off the shelf tune should give you plenty of traction issues in second and third

Quote:
The rear engine mount might get changed
Is there enough slop in the factory mounts to worry about it? I haven't noticed anything.

Quote:
Handling mods. Looking at upgraded bushes maybe, Most likely anti roll bars but definitely some wider tires (215 or 225) and some stickier rubber (Kuhmu KU31 is at the top of my list at the moment).
Car is already pretty well sorted for handling, only really needs a bit more front end grip for exits. Money better spent on some driving courses and track days? Weight reduction would be more beneficial, light weight wheels, save 10kg by replacing the space saver with goo and compressor, ditch the parcel shelf, rip off the plastic engine garnish... get creative.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2014, 04:35 AM   #93
DreadlyST

Nitrobuggies, do you even have your FiST yet? Haven't seen a post to say you picked it up yet? Or a pic.
Sounds like your planning alot straight out of the blocks! Guss you couldn't give a flying F bout your warranty then mate eh?

Martinijosh, here, you've barely had your FiST a wet week and your already an expert it seems! Weight saving in a car that weighs about 1200kg and has 180bhp, you preping for a track car or are you just ****ing into the wind?

Will painting the interior of the headlights be functional or would it not just take away the reflection of the headlight, rendering your lights useless??
Don't buy lights from US, they are for left hand drive cars and beam angles will be all incorrect for use on RHD car.
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #94
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

I have had my car coming on a month now. But your correct, should of made a post on a forum because that makes it official.

I have grown up in a family that likes to modify cars. My old man did it to his 97 wrx, then his 01 STI both within a year if being BRAND NEW. I'm not overly concerned about the warranty. So yes i don't "give a flying f" about it. Its MY choice, not that of your own. I appreciate the advice, but not your way of giving it.

you would notice I use the word PLANNING a lot within my post. As in I PLAN to do this, I am THINKING/DECIDING/CONTEMPLATING the decision. None of it is set in stone at all.

in terms of painting the interior of the headlights. The purpose is I THINK it would look nicer, just as some people like to wear green shirts and others yellow. It would NOT tale away from the reflection of the headlights if you are referring to the light intensity, beam length or brightness. Its actually a semi common car mod, are you new to modifying cars eh? With replacing the globes to LED (sans the low beam, high beam) it will provide a clearer, brighter, whiter light (yet again very common) and with brighter white low beam globes (hopefully HID) driving at night would be SAFER as it would be easier to see.

obviously I know US lights won't fit. Being a RHD car VS LHD. But luckily from my research a HID conversion on these cars is actually quite easy and completely legal. Will be a great mod once a reliable company produces one vs the eBay crap.

saving weight is always a PROVEN performance booster. Especially on the drive train, as basic physics teaches 1kg of weight off the drive train is like removing 3kg from the car. Rotating mass is a killer to acceleration times and even handling response. My racing experience taught me this well.

I wish to make my car look different without going over board. Hence the better lights (whiter, brighter) and making the headlights black inside (saw it an an angle a few weeks back, they looked black and made me realize the chrome look sucks). Also looking for a particular rim style and colour. Performance wise I know an exhaust will help and give a better sound. Cold air intake the same. A tune is obvious to really wake up this awesome little engine. Things like front mount intercooler are little extras that can't hurt but are on a maybe list. A short shifter is a good idea, I would prefer a shorter, crisper feeling shift (even though its amazing as is). Wider, lighter rims so I can get some wood tires (considering the option of the occasional track day, so this is a needed option).
Old 26-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #95
RelSpecificity
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST
Anyone know by chance whether these will fit? I'm pretty sure they have the right bolt pattern (4x108), but are the offsets good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
Stud pattern should be carried over from previous Fiestas 4x108. Offset im a not too sure, but i would also like to know also, as i have a set of 17inch Focus MP3 rims i wish to put on.

Any updates on the offset? I've found a set of OZ Superturismo GTs in 17x7 4x108 but there is only one offset of ET25.

Ignore the fact that these are the wrong size, and on the wrong car, but black on black with slotted rotors is exactly what I'm aiming for!!

Pic 1
Pic 2

Last edited by RelSpecificity; 26-02-2014 at 06:03 PM.
RelSpecificity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #96
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

those rims look sweet. I myself am looking for a satin/matte black/gun metal grey rim. Something like those or even like the BBS rims on the EVO X MR. I like a rim with some curved struts and a but of an off set. But finding that in 4 spoke isn't easy at all :(

I'm aiming for the orange and black look. Went with 20% tints to help this. Then black headlight surrounds, rims with Orange calipers. Maybe slotted rotors (you found any that fit and are good quality), and some black vinyl wrap on the roof.

I have a look in my mind of what she can look like. At the moment its standard sans tints. I don't plan on doing anything except upgrading light globes for the first 6 months. Want time to research and think what I want. But lets say the final look in my head is damn nice
Old 26-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #97
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadlyST View Post
Nitrobuggies, do you even have your FiST yet? Haven't seen a post to say you picked it up yet? Or a pic.
Sounds like your planning alot straight out of the blocks! Guss you couldn't give a flying F bout your warranty then mate eh?
Have you read the thread title?

Quote:
Martinijosh, here, you've barely had your FiST a wet week and your already an expert it seems! Weight saving in a car that weighs about 1200kg and has 180bhp, you preping for a track car or are you just ****ing into the wind?
Been there done all that with my gti... ~1000kg body, semi slicks, bucket seats, big rotors up front, adjustable coilovers, all the sound proofing removed, spare removed, rear wiper removed, stereo removed, antenna removed, washer bottle heater removed, a/c and heater core removed...

The fiesta st handles as good as that modded golf right out of the box and has tonnes more pull. I've put nearly 1,000km on the fiesta already and have a good idea of the direction I want to go in and the first steps down that path are chopping out weight. You're being pretty critical considering the thread you're posting in

Quote:
Will painting the interior of the headlights be functional or would it not just take away the reflection of the headlight, rendering your lights useless??
You don't paint the reflector for the lamp... just the "decorative" parts.

Quote:
Don't buy lights from US, they are for left hand drive cars and beam angles will be all incorrect for use on RHD car.
Fair call.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #98
Simmo_M

Anyone using Cobb V3? I'm looking at buying one this week, but am unsure whether I'm buying the EU, UK or US version? Pretty 100% certain it's not the US.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #99
clem0x

Pretty sure ours are the UK spec. If u ask the Cobb guys direct I'm sure you will get a better answer. Keep us posted on your purchase tho as this is something I'd also be looking at

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #100
Simmo_M

Emailed them last night and just pending a response. Will let you know ASAP... I hope to order it along with an intake by the end of the week
Old 04-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #101
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Fitted my obd11 bluetooth adaptor today and hooked it up with torque pro

Fun little gadget. Also shows me that my peak boost is 17psi not the supposed 21 which may or may not be accurate. Tested in 1st 2nd and 3rd

Last edited by martinijosh; 04-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #102
clem0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post

Fun little gadget. Also shows me that my peak boost is 17psi not the supposed 21 which may or may not be accurate. Tested in 1st 2nd and 3rd
Were u on sport mode and checking it at WOT? Coz that's when over boost kicks in apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #103
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tested at wot, overboost should happen independent of the traction control system unless you're losing traction.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #104
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tested again with Tc on and off both in 3rd

Max 18 with Tc on and max 20.5 with tc off

Well there you go!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #105
Simmo_M

Haven't received a response from COBB, however I received a response from Superchip in a matter of hours and I'm more than happy to go through with them. The only real reason I wanted Cobb was for the user interface. Ohwell, Superchips sending me their Australian bank details and I'll be purchasing one straight from them with a warranty.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #106
clem0x

Does superchips on sell the accessport or are they selling their own tune?

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 04-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #107
Simmo_M

They sell the flash unit with their own tune and If you buy direct from them, they give a life time warranty. Third party distributors aren't covered.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #108
cainen

It will be interesting to see if you get the same hesitation in power I did with the Bluefin. It has improved over time though.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #109
Simmo_M

I just ordered it, should arrive by Friday. I'll let you all know how I go.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #110
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

What does the lifetime warranty cover, the flash box?

edit: website states 1 year warranty against engine defects IF it can be proved that the tune is at fault.

more here http://www.superchips.com.au/benefits/warranty
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #111
Simmo_M

This is what Peter from the Aus/ NZ branch sent me this arvo:

"Thanks for your email about Bluefin.

We do alot of Fiesta STs as they respond so well to being Superchipped. You will get alot better throttle response, low down and mid range torque and the car will pull all the way to the red line. Many owners report anything up to 10% saving on fuel as well, due to the fact there is less gear changing. And the annoying lag that they have at low revs also disappears. With the ST 1.6 the gains are as follows;
Ford Fiesta ST 1.6 EcoBoost (182PS)
3/2013 onwards
Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol
Engine size : 1596 cm3
Cylinders : 4
Original bhp : 179 (135kW)
Original nm : 290
BHP increase : 38 (29kW)
NM gain : 73
Boost at standard : 20 psi 1.4 bar
Boost modified : 23 psi 1.6 bar
Speed Limit Removal : Not Available

All fittings come with a lifetime warranty and have a million dollar cover. We are the official Mini Cooper, Audi and VW Rally team ECU reprogrammers in the UK and as such work closely with the manufacturers so we do not go over their recommended tolerances. On top of this, with the Bluefin you have the option to put the car back to standard at any time, so if you do have any issues, put it back to standard and then take it to your dealer, if you do not want them to know it has been modified. However if you do get any problems with the vehicle, we would get it inspected by an independent garage and if the fault is due to the upgrade, we authorise it to be fixed. We are not interested in excuses, as we know that you will want your car back as soon as possible. However we have never had a claim in 36 years.

The price is AUD$699 delivered to you in Australia. Please note that the units bought from us have a full warranty, whereas ones bought elsewhere will have no backup from us or warranty. I have one in stock if you would like it and can give you our Australian account details to pay into if you wish to proceed.

Hope this helps and if you have any other queries, please feel free to get in touch."
Old 04-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #112
clem0x

How much did u pay all up?

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #113
Simmo_M

$699 including overnight shipping
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #114
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a pretty impressive lift for just a tune. Be interested in hearing how it drives after.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #115
Swoopdown

Is that the same bluefin that ConST got?

Can you report back on instalment, first tune and then sub scans would be appreciated.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #116
cainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
Is that the same bluefin that ConST got?

Can you report back on instalment, first tune and then sub scans would be appreciated.
It is. I then bought it from ConST when he sold his ST. Check my post on the 18th Feb for my report. Bang for buck you won't get a better mod.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #117
Simmo_M

I should start up a side business and charge QLD members to use my Bluefin ;D
Old 05-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #118
Swoopdown

Thought so, Sounds like a great easy mod.

I really like the idea of fuel saving. I dont know how you guys get 7ltrs
Iam running on 8.6 :(

Missed a few posts being on holiday. Sounds like great value.

Whats this foam tube thingy? and how do you remove it

Last edited by Swoopdown; 05-03-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #119
clem0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo_M View Post
I should start up a side business and charge QLD members to use my Bluefin ;D
The accessport is locked to a particular cars ecu once programmed . Does the bluefin have the same security measure?

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 05-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #120
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

I get avg 7.6 with plenty of hooliganism