Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #961
Spurious

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Is it just me or is coles slogan "prices are down" absolute boosheet.
All I see is prices going up...I'm not getting paid any extra at work though 'eh!

All coles brand...
tomato sauce up,
margarine up,
fly spray up,
sausages up,
devon up,
coffee up,
deli meat up,
fruit & veg up,
1kg SUGAR DOWN.....WOOOHOOO,
meat pies up....D'OH!!!
cheese up....DAMMIT!!!

Why don't they just have a huge guy stand at the front of the store, & when you finish shopping he can flip you & shake sh-t out of you to make money fall out!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #962
Spurious

Then I go to woolies...

"would you like to donate to [insert generic charity here]"...Oh god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #963
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Haven't you figured out the cycle yet?

Pump the prices up every few months till it hurts sales then drop them back to where they were + a bit more than inflation, and then pump out a big advertising campaign claiming huge discounts and permanent price drops. Once the sheep get used to the prices and stop complaining so much, start the cycle again.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #964
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got stopped by a lady as I was leaving a servo.
I looked up when I heard an "excuse me" thinking someone needed help.
She thrust an ipad in front of me and wanted me to do a survey.
Really?
Not interested, I'm only here for fuel and don't care about anything else, sorry.
She got really mad.
??
Meanwhile people are pushing to get passed, others trying to get in, because she does this right in the middle of the only doorway. Moron.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #965
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why do di.......heads.....er I mean silly folks cross the street in front of the car and van when they bloody well know they haven't got time to make it.

too much of this crap going on.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-04-2014, 06:25 AM   #966
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
why do di.......heads.....er I mean silly folks cross the street in front of the car and van when they bloody well know they haven't got time to make it.

too much of this crap going on.
Death wish possibly?
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #967
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gang, I made a comment in the FG thread, I'll repeat it here...
Only looking at the last several years or so, but I find roadside information signs, and I'm talking about dark country roads, are extremely bright, even when driving on low beams.
I can imagine driving in the city or urban environment, sign is okay. Get out on the country road though, and the same sign is as good as a mirror. It blinds me to what is beyond it. I close one eye to try and preserve half my night vision.
I often dip from high beam to low when approaching signs, even then, the reflected light messes with your night vision.
Dangerous stuff.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #968
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Only looking at the last several years or so, but I find roadside information signs, and I'm talking about dark country roads, are extremely bright, even when driving on low beams.
My pet hate with country road signs is when they offer a detour / 'Tourist drive' that deviates off the main freeway.

So, point A to Point D is 189km along the freeway...

Then you are offered to turn off at point A to go through a historic town or other attraction (point B and C)...

Would it bloody hurt to give some indication of the distances these places are away from the freeway? That way at least you know your detour isn't going to add 3 hrs and 200km to a trip, and if it does, you were pre-warned!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #969
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

My pet hate for the week - The morons who compile and put out the phone book. We got ours yesterday and it's physically about 15% smaller than last years with the accompanying smaller font which is now so small it's unreadable by anyone who needs glasses because of age. And guess who is most likely to actually use a hard copy phone book these days, yup, the old farts like me who need glasses to read because our eye muscles won't pull a tight focus any more.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #970
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

going to the sefvo and getting hit up by the peanuts selling something that you spray on the windscreen that does something or other
not interested thanks

and they spray it on the windscreen anyway
and then give you a look of astonishment when you scream at them' hey did i say you could go anywhere near my ******* car with that ****'

second one
rocking into work and some pratt in an old f250 has decided to take up 3 ******* car park spots near the front of a rather big work car park, instead of backing into a car park down the back having the nose hanging out the front where there is plenty of room and not many people park so no chance of him getting hit
wonder if he saw the comment that was finger written in the dirt on the drivers door after work??
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #971
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you wouldn't believe it............. the grey headed lycra brigade have struck again........if you remember a while back my wife had a feller on a pushbike run up the backside of her parked Nissan Micra.

well one of another (or maybe the same) mob has hit the side of our caravan........PARKED......stuck the handlebars into the side panel leaving a pair of dents and scraped some stickers off.

don't ask me how, the bike would have to be at a right angle to the van, I didn't see it, I was inside at the time.

bloody amazing is all I'll say.

Madaya I know what you're saying about those signs, simply blinding then add ten million cats eyes and overheads as well as split lanes that change direction according to time and I'm totally blinded and bamboozled.......I'll have to start wearing sunglasses at night.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #972
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
rocking into work and some pratt in an old f250 has decided to take up 3 ******* car park spots near the front of a rather big work car park, instead of backing into a car park down the back having the nose hanging out the front where there is plenty of room and not many people park so no chance of him getting hit
wonder if he saw the comment that was finger written in the dirt on the drivers door after work??
There a a real funny clip on youtube where a guy parks his flash car (Jag??) at work in a really stupid angle, rignt on / over the line pretty much rendering the next spot useless..

Till a guy in a pickup truck or something pretty big parks next to him 'correctly' so his passenger door and mirror are mm's away from the drivers door of the other car.

The guy then sets up a camera and watches the driver of the dodge parked car return and spend 10 minutes trying to get back in... really funny to watch.

Will try and find it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsOgDkhuIqo

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #973
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I can imagine driving in the city or urban environment, sign is okay. Get out on the country road though, and the same sign is as good as a mirror. It blinds me to what is beyond it. I close one eye to try and preserve half my night vision.
I often dip from high beam to low when approaching signs, even then, the reflected light messes with your night vision.
Dangerous stuff.
Thats the pain in the *** with all my lighting on my car, when I got my LED spotlights and highbeams on I get signs border line making me blind.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #974
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

When you ask a nice woman to watch her bag so the buckles don't scratch your paintwork and she looks at you like your insane, then doesn't give a **** anyway.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #975
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

When someone you looked up to as a kid unexpectedly passes away.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #976
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dangerous stuff.
Have you tried some yellow tinted glasses when driving at night?
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #977
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
There a a real funny clip on youtube where a guy parks his flash car (Jag??) at work in a really stupid angle, rignt on / over the line pretty much rendering the next spot useless..

Till a guy in a pickup truck or something pretty big parks next to him 'correctly' so his passenger door and mirror are mm's away from the drivers door of the other car.

The guy then sets up a camera and watches the driver of the dodge parked car return and spend 10 minutes trying to get back in... really funny to watch.

Will try and find it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsOgDkhuIqo
Nice!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #978
Spurious

I really hate this...

Spend a day fitting nav' & interior lights to the boat only to blow up the 12V power pack when testing the system!!!

On an earth wire a sharp bit of solder had pierced the insulation tape & touched a positive wire. 5AMP fuse blew so I upped the anti...should've checked the wiring after the first fuse blew!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:25 AM   #979
Spurious

I really love this...

The owners of the neighboring rental house refuses to prune trees that overhang my fenceline...& they grow really, really fast &&&& drop leaves everywhere! I havn't actually asked but the lack of maintenance is obvious. I've rented here for 10 months & pruned my side 3 times.

What's this, the tenants are moving....sweeeeet!!!

After the agent checks over the property I get the pole hedge trimmer, pole saw & the 8ft step ladder out & prune like mad over the fence line.

Great big pile of green waste on the ground now....don't look at me! (fistpump)
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #980
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why werent you over the fence with the drill and the tree killer at the same time? Its not like the next tennants will care.
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #981
landau5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
I'll add one, which is becoming a sign of the times in Coles (and I spose Woolies too) super markets.
Gone is the under 10 or 12 items register, replaced with a bank of 6 or 8 self-serve thingos.
Some card only, some cash and card...

Anyhow,a few Sunday mornings ago, both arms full of bread rolls, milk, a mud cake, Sunday Sun, and a few other items, one of the cash terminals finally is free and I plonk the lot on the tiny shelf (which I'm certain has been designed to accommodate a maximum of 2 packets of PK chewies) and begin deciphering how to work the touch screen.. "Push start, Cash, no rewards card, yes, I want a friggin bag" (I'm not an octopus!)
Doing quite well playing checkout chick until the last item.. the mudcake.. NO way will the bar code scan, After 6 or 8 swipes the screen says "wait for an assistant"
Eventually "Mr Assistant" arrives, grabs my beloved mudcake and also tries to scan it.
I say to him, "I've already tried that mate, or do I need to hold my mouth the right way"
He looks at me incoherently, and swipes 3 or 4 more times.. Geeesh!
Then he goes to his "special employee only screen" and tries punching in the bar code numbers (which has about the same amount of digits as Pi) Still NO result!
Next is call ANOTHER assistant to go get another mudcake to scan (Naturally from the aisle that is about the same distance away as the last known sighting of MH370)
By this time, I've HAD IT, and say to him "don't worry about it mate, I'm going before my all day parking expires" and proceed to walk out.
He says "you can't just leave this stuff here unpaid for"
I reply.. Bloody WATCH me!
Never EVER again, will I use one of these self-serve things...
Ohh.. And I also sent this same story to Coles customer service (no reply as yet)
Shop at Aldi's, at least 95% of the products are Australian and NO automated BS Scanners.
landau5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #982
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xauterus View Post
Why werent you over the fence with the drill and the tree killer at the same time? Its not like the next tennants will care.
'cause that would be trespassing & damage to private property.
Not a bad idea though X
Old 14-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #983
Spurious

Honestly though, it'll be years before anyone see's the cuttings as I dumped it in a gap in the shrubs that I cleared which is overgrown anyhow, by then it'll all be part of the landscape though!

I do however have this drum in the storeroom. It was here when I moved in & contains a chemical strong enough to melt the rubber on your shoes (I used it to kill weeds once & stepped on the spillage). Maybe I should spray a little bit of that over the fence for the next few weeks.
Old 14-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #984
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
I do however have this drum in the storeroom. It was here when I moved in & contains a chemical strong enough to melt the rubber on your shoes (I used it to kill weeds once & stepped on the spillage). Maybe I should spray a little bit of that over the fence for the next few weeks.
You sure the ex tenants aren't dissolving in that drum Flivver??
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #985
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

People who don't have the integrity to be honest. Can't stand it.
Just say what you mean, not what you think I want to hear. VENTING.
Old 17-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #986
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

When u get two streets away from leaving home to go to work and the ute just decides to stop.
Won't start on fuel or gas.
And the raa will be there within the hr.
Just had it serviced about 1000km ago.

Gee I friggin hate that.
Old 17-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #987
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Looks like its the coil.
Old 17-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #988
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Buy a cheap car as a daily that you may use for a tow car for your race car ... then proceed to tell the wife that it will stay stock

Two weeks later you have spent 8K on it and cannot wait to hit the track... then trying to convince the wife these parts were already on it in the first place.. geez i hate that !!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #989
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Parents come home to my Falcon in the driveway once.

Then once I lent my old man my car and he seen a $14K bank transaction slip in my car and he went mental, couldn't sneak that one home.

Was gonna bring it home on a,tow truck while he was at work
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #990
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the guys coming around with the waterless car wash crap the other day. I was literally on a job site, ear muffs on while drilling a hole with a power drill. Guy taps me on the shoulder saying he only needs 2 minutes of my time... Now because he went out of his way to bother me for 2 minutes I thought I should waste a further 40 minutes of his time.
I convinced him to use his crap on every panel, window and tyre on my work Ranger, got him to show me why it's different to other products. After spending 15 minutes working out a package that works for me (terry cloths, cans of his crap etc) we went to the interior of the car to try a few more products so naturally we had to change the package. After knocking off a further $20 off the custom package I simply said "oh look at the time, it's been 40 minutes and that hole I was doing is still not done, better get back to it".... Bother me for 2 mins again mate
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post