Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #901
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
my ears are all open for a variety of engines maybe we can work out a price that includes installation only saying these thing because you give me the option of saving up.
They won't have full accessories. Will be fine if your car is already fitted with a Boss motor, but I wouldn't be doing full conversions mate. Its been tough enough just dealing with my own build.

While in the thread-not sure if I've said before, but I hate engine builders who promise the world, but when the engine that they somehow make hold together makes extra noises its not meant to, suddenly all the excuses in the world come out.

Geez I hate that.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #902
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And!.......I hate drivers in front of me who slow down for green lights at an intersection.....for f..ks sake!!! What's that about???!!!

Lots of people get killed going through green lights and I've seen enough cars, with drunk, distracted or otherwise drivers running reds, to make me take a quick look left and right. It's called defensive driving.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #903
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I hate the dodgy polyurethane seal of the AU Fairlane headlights that causes them to fill with condensation every time it rains. Which it turn forces me to have to take them out and disassemble them to re-seal the lens cover. What I really hate is filleting and gouging the back of my hand and knuckles trying to get to the last bolt underneath, holding the headlight, in the passenger side, because I didn't want to have to remove the bumper to do it.
Yes it can be done, and yes, you do need little girl hands to get to the bolt if you don't want to trash the back of your hand in the process...... F%#K'N OOOOOOUUUUCH!!!!

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #904
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

When someone asks you to guide them into a tight parking spot, or when you offer to guide someone to park as close as possible to something and they ignore / override your instructions and keep flicking their head around to all their mirrors and trusting their sonsors more than an actual person who is telling them to keep going.....

Why bother asking for help?????

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 02:19 AM   #905
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So, here I am, trying to download a copy of Peppa Pig Goes Skiing to my Kindle. This letter number 5 to the help desk...
(btw, this what I wanted to write )

"I'm sorry, but this is getting out of hand. What is this new format/old format stuff? It looks like I am operating on the old format (why is that?). The Actions button gives me these options...Deliver to my Kindle, or Transfer to my Kindle via USB.
Transferring via USB downloads a copy to my PC, unreadable as I don't know the what software it is that decodes it. Now how do I transfer that data to my Kindle?

This will be the last item I purchase for Kindle. A kids book, unable to be uploaded via 'regular' means but via some convoluted maze of none existent buttons. Great platform (not)".

This what I sent...

"It looks like I am operating on the old format (why is that?). The 'Actions' button gives me these options...Deliver to my Kindle, or Transfer to my Kindle via USB.
Transferring via USB downloads a copy to my PC, unreadable as I don't know the what software it is that decodes it. Now how do I transfer that data to my Kindle"?

Damn, it's hard being a nice guy sometimes - and Peppa for crying out loud. A bunch out there in Ferrari land need a good reeming out, or maybe hold the caviar.

BTW, saw another (probably drunk) idiot run a red tonight.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #906
blueluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
When someone asks you to guide them into a tight parking spot, or when you offer to guide someone to park as close as possible to something and they ignore / override your instructions and keep flicking their head around to all their mirrors and trusting their sonsors more than an actual person who is telling them to keep going.....

Why bother asking for help?????

or the other side of that, when you are trying to reverse into a spot on the side of the road at WSID and a guy who just parked (with the same model, XR6) decides to guide you in next to him......so you take his word he is watching as you do so...heard a slight scrape of the splitter, he's still looking and not saying, so I continue........I hear a huge crunch and he's now looking a little more worried......I get out to see my front bumper hooked up into the drainage dip and tore the right side out of it's mount and is now sitting across the headlight! Massive gouges near the fog light. I didn't say a word to him......and he didn't say a word to me! Not his fault as such, but man........

And I also hate a particular houso in Blacktown who, on the way home from the same day mind you, decides to throw a raw egg over his houso estate fence and lands right on the bonnet and leaves a egg shaped grit line...... then when I turned around and confronted the POS he locked himself into the houso estate and refused to come out so I could personally "thank" him senseless.....
blueluvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #907
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Going around a roundabout yesterday, stupid driver pulls out on me leaving me with bugger all stopping distance. While i was impressed with my Au's abs safely pulling me up without incedent, i could clearly see she was in two minds before she pulled out & failed to give way to me (at that stage i was near next to her).

It was really close, i just wonder how another less experienced driver would've faired in the same situation - not very well imo!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #908
dirtyclevo

while i was at woolworths this afternoon,

i was heading for the checkout. and there was 5 people in line to use the already busy self service checkout, while the girl in the express checkout was all alone?

I went to the express checkout and I was through and out within a 1 minute tops. the whole time the self service line didn't move! hahaha

its like people are scared to interact with other people

a shop is a bloody, they havent changed the nitwits shopping there have. the weirdo's

Last edited by dirtyclevo; 22-02-2014 at 09:51 PM.
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #909
dirtyclevo

I caught the train on tuesday and i swear everyone was on there phones. glued to them like addicts.

I was just looking out the window for majority of the trip. people gave me the weirdest looks. like they were saying. "why are you looking out the window, whats wrong with you"..

what did people do before smart phones were invented you idiots. they read a book or actually spoke to each other. im only 31. but feel people have become so weird in the last 5 years. people weren't like this in 2009. i swear.
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #910
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyclevo View Post
while i was at woolworths this afternoon,

i was heading for the checkout. and there was 5 people in line to use the already busy self service checkout, while the girl in the express checkout was all alone?

I went to the express checkout and I was through and out within a 1 minute tops. the whole time the self service line didn't move! hahaha

its like people are scared to interact with other people

a shop is a bloody, they havent changed the nitwits shopping there have. the weirdo's
Not scared, but 'people' know that red capsicum and snow peas are not the same as potatoes....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #911
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

TV ADVERTISING Knocked Up started at nine o'clock and already they have squeezed in 2 ad blocks!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #912
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyclevo View Post
I caught the train on tuesday and i swear everyone was on there phones. glued to them like addicts.

I was just looking out the window for majority of the trip. people gave me the weirdest looks. like they were saying. "why are you looking out the window, whats wrong with you"..

what did people do before smart phones were invented you idiots. they read a book or actually spoke to each other. im only 31. but feel people have become so weird in the last 5 years. people weren't like this in 2009. i swear.
Sadly the smart phone addiction has taken over most of todays generations including those of us in our 30s and some in their 40s. Gone are the times when you could converse verbally like the old days of 2009 You have to do it via social media or text messages even if the person you are speaking to is sitting directly next to you, or you are now considered strange.

I know of people who are like this with their personal relationships and can only communicate like this to their significant other, to the point where if you spoke to them about a topic, they would look at you with a blank stare and a 2 word reply. Yet on social media or text message you cannot shut them up.

I hate that....

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #913
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
You park in a shopping centre car park well away from any others to avoid shopping trolleys or door bangers, only to come back to find someone has parked beside you !!

(This just has to be a common occurrence with members here )
It definitely is. The other week after getting my car back from the panel shop I had to go shopping. Parked as far from the shop entrance and every other twit I could. I have new paint after all. Come back, there's two twits beside me and a small, but noticeable (for me) tow pack dint in my new front bumper.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #914
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Garage door needed new cable this week. No biggie, things wear out and need replacing.

General service and lube up too, working like new now. Great.

Logic would dictate that the bright (ha) spanner who performed said works would ask for the shiny, well looked after Mondeo Titanium parked under the drive chain to be moved before spraying lubricant and causing over spray to soil the said shiny car?!!

Spent my Sunday morning cleaning up his sloppy workmanship!

Geez! I Hate That!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #915
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Door to door salespeople who ignore the sign on my front security door. It clearly states "Do not knock" - logo - "No sales people. Thanks for respecting our wishes" My eyesight is RS but I can read it standing at the bottom of the stairs.

This poor, unfortunate, well dressed blind young fool with a smile and a clipboard ignored the sticker yesterday afternoon. I'm normally polite and well mannered - not this time, I arced, he left quick smart.

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #916
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

being quoted 1800 coins to drop a 30 to 40 foot gumtree
no cutting it up to fire sized logs either

just to drop it

errrrr
pass
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #917
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
being quoted 1800 coins to drop a 30 to 40 foot gumtree
no cutting it up to fire sized logs either

just to drop it

errrrr
pass
half of that would be purely on insurances for the job alone. But you would think chopping it up for you would be included.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #918
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

yeah thats what we said blueoval, the insurance costs for this type of job would be huge.
plus he has to hire a climber as he doesnt employ one

ill get another quote and if its still over a grand im not going to bother
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #919
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
yeah thats what we said blueoval, the insurance costs for this type of job would be huge.
plus he has to hire a climber as he doesnt employ one

ill get another quote and if its still over a grand im not going to bother
is that including crane or chipping if the leafy stuff? or purely to drop it?

how close is it to your house/neighbours? just thinking it would be heaps cheaper if you found someone to do a cash job, but if is at risk of hitting anything it might be worth the insurance... unless a storm knocks it into your house wink wink

i also don't know where you would just happen upon someone doing said cashies, i know i guy up here and he gets most of his business by word of mouth.
Old 25-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #920
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who the hell OK'S the size of the writing on shampoo/conditioner bottles......what halfwit writes it that small that it can't be read except under a microscope with a pair of binoculars and magnifying glass as backup.

the brand is of course in huge writing, readable by a half naked mohican riding sidesaddle at 20 paces in full gallop as are the benefit's but not what it is, nah! that'd make too much sense.

spent 20 minutes going through the dreaded "under sink" cupboard, yeah! you know the one, toilet duck, blue stuff to put in the top tank, 10 bottles of baby powder, baby wipes, what the hell do we want baby wipes for?...spray and wipe, lemon scented shower treatment and of course ten brands of conditioner masquerading as shampoo but not one bloody bottle of shampoo.

why do women buy bottles of conditioner and shampoo as a matching set only to run out of shampoo first then go and buy another set.......logic would dictate that conditioner will eventually take over the cabinet and I, down on hands and knee's, will not be able to find one bloody bottle of shampoo.

then to top it off I kicked a bloody dog **** masquerading as a stick.......fresh one at that.....I'm going to bed, I've had enough of today, tomorrow had better be an improvement or someone is in for it.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #921
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you think thats bad well on sunday l lost my wallet ya think l could or can find it anywhere?! nope to top this off l'm going on a wedding trip to Wagga on thursday and if l don't find my wallet l'm gonna have no money for said trip, here's hoping l find it couldn't even make it to school so far this week bloody frustrating l tell ya!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #922
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody "cookie's" .......since when does Australia have "cookie's".........we have Biscuit's, not cookie's.......BISCUIT'S.............I got told off because darling granddaughter 6 asked for a "cookie" and I said we haven't got any cookies but we do have some very nice biscuit's.

damnable americanism's soaking into every facet of our lives'.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 26-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #923
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Or one of my favourite hated 'Americanism's' SUV...
Sports Utility Vehicle? C'mon...
Old 26-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #924
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I worked for a yank, sorry American, for a while over the west, superliner pulling mixed freight up to the mines and hauling damaged machines or parts back.

Always annoyed me when he'd say....."hey buddy, bring that tractor trailer on over so we can get ya all hitched up!"

I could hear him saying that for there the next 700 K's of bull dust and corrugation.......funny the thing's the brain attaches itself to on a long straight stretch at 30 - 40 k per hour.......ya all!

Old 26-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #925
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Or one of my favourite hated 'Americanism's' SUV...
Sports Utility Vehicle? C'mon...
I thought it stood for Sub Urban Vehicle - SUV stands for Sport Utility Vehicle. It is a marketing term for a vehicle similar to a station wagon but built on a light-truck chassis

Well, you learn summit every day - cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #926
Lotte

Quote:
who the hell OK'S the size of the writing on shampoo/conditioner bottles......what halfwit writes it that small that it can't be read except under a microscope with a pair of binoculars and magnifying glass as backup.

the brand is of course in huge writing, readable by a half naked mohican riding sidesaddle at 20 paces in full gallop as are the benefit's but not what it is, nah! that'd make too much sense.

spent 20 minutes going through the dreaded "under sink" cupboard, yeah! you know the one, toilet duck, blue stuff to put in the top tank, 10 bottles of baby powder, baby wipes, what the hell do we want baby wipes for?...spray and wipe, lemon scented shower treatment and of course ten brands of conditioner masquerading as shampoo but not one bloody bottle of shampoo.

why do women buy bottles of conditioner and shampoo as a matching set only to run out of shampoo first then go and buy another set.......logic would dictate that conditioner will eventually take over the cabinet and I, down on hands and knee's, will not be able to find one bloody bottle of shampoo.

then to top it off I kicked a bloody dog **** masquerading as a stick.......fresh one at that.....I'm going to bed, I've had enough of today, tomorrow had better be an improvement or someone is in for it.
I resent that statement Poppa. I always run out of conditioner first, I'm obviously not doin' it right

Old 26-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #927
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
I resent that statement Poppa. I always run out of conditioner first, I'm obviously not doin' it right
Yeah, I thought Poppa had it back to front as well.

Most Women run out of conditioner well before they run out of shampoo, as they use twice the amount of product to condition their hair.

(The Dragon Lady told me this, she's been a hairdresser for about 300 years)
Old 26-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #928
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
bloody "cookie's" .......since when does Australia have "cookie's".........we have Biscuit's, not cookie's.......BISCUIT'S.............I got told off because darling granddaughter 6 asked for a "cookie" and I said we haven't got any cookies but we do have some very nice biscuit's.

I thought a cookie was the name for the circle chocolate biscuit?
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #929
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not in this household, ratio is about 2-1 shampoo to conditioner......I don't condition and I don't condition my sons hair either.

quick scrub and into bed, I shower the son in the morning so it's all rush, rush, the old girl spends an hour in the shower, god knows what needs cleaning to that extent of time but by hell it can't be good and I don't want to see it.

Old 26-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #930
Lotte

Ahhh. There's your problem. You're all using the same shampoo