Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #871
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I hear ya Poppa, I hate "smart" phones in general and Apple in particular. They used to be the little guy fighting against the big corporate machine that is Microsoft. Now they ARE the big corporate machine and their software and products are every bit as bloated and frustrating to use as Microsoft ever were.

Give me my T54 tradesmans phone any day. It's weather proof, won't die if I drop it and does everything I need a phone to do and nothing more. All that other carp is just there to suck the money out of your account with useless data downloads and stupid distractions.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #872
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the T65i......been a good phone but now its so scratched up I can't read the text's that everybody seems so hell bent on sending nowadays.

only phone I have ever had, apart from the sat, that can get out in a lot of places we go.

my wife needs a "smart" phone so she can use the "apps" to log into and out of work, it was a very good phone until they dropped the IOS 7 into it.

I agree with you about apple gear though, my iMac 26" has all the latest gear onboard and she is getting tangled up.......

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #873
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Yep, some places will default you as soon as you miss a scheduled payment and it stays even after the debt has been paid in full.

Because you have just applied for a loan and been denied, you can request from Veda your credit file for free, you just need to complete the form they ask and provide some ID, 10 business days later you'll have your file.
I used to pay Veda $50 a year to get updates whenever my file was accessed. I never applied as they said they would not let me due to falling behind for the 4months. I caught up and not missed a payment in 7months now, not too mention my other loan I had with them I paid 15k in full to pay it out 2yrs ago. Problem is whilst I was not working we sold the Camry and just used the fairmont, now after 7months of trying to use 1 car for 2 workers, is getting very hard and we don't have savings. I could go and buy a $1000 bomb, but would prefer a reliable car. Was looking at a 2005 Mazda 6 wagon sport model. Done 200k, but drives like it just came off the floor and is immaculate, even the original rims have not a scratch on them. We are trying to get a loan elsewhere.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #874
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody automatic car washer.......all I had on me was a $50 note, put it in the slot, it spat it out, put it in, spat it out, in out, in out (distant memory of something pleasurable from years gone by in there somewhere, just can't seem to remember it just now??).

anyway, eventually the uppity machine took it then asked what sort of wash, ah bugger it, SUPREME, only the best will do.

$16......then it spat out the change, holy snappin armpits, $2 coins everywhere, it filled up the little holder thing and threw the rest over the ground, thousands of them rolling everywhere, well it seemed like thousands of them.

spent the next 20 minutes crawling around on the ground picking up my money.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #875
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Landlords who don't fulfil repair requests. They've had a quote for the stove for over a fortnight and still haven't decided what to do because "of the cost".

That really grinds my gears
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #876
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
Landlords who don't fulfil repair requests. They've had a quote for the stove for over a fortnight and still haven't decided what to do because "of the cost".

That really grinds my gears
I go one better. Landlords who do nothing. Old place I found hairline cracks in front windows. Very thin glass and I assume from the heater in winter. Anyway huge storm coming and found them by chance so I electricl taped the cracks and informed landlord. Skip forward 2yrs and I have not even lived there for 1 1/2 of them, drive past and my electrical tape is still there lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #877
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I copied a few sets of CD's for a lady that my wife does in home care for, about 5 boxes @ 4 CD'S per box, took me a while.

anyhow, my wife brought home a large box of liquorice all sorts and liquorice sticks that this lady had bought for me as a way of a thank you, my favourite lollies that I don't get very often, she told me in no uncertain terms "they were given to me by a very appreciative lady!, and she said for me to enjoy them."

the problem lies in that despite my son, daughter in law and 3 grandkids stating they didn't like liquorice, the whole kit and caboodle seemed to vanish into thin air within a very short amount of time, with my good self merely tasting but one of the not inconsiderable "reward" for services tended.

the buggers ate the lot.........

This user likes this post:
Old 09-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #878
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
Oh wow, I've got plenty of 'pet hates' to dish out but it will take me hours, so ill give my top 3 lol

1: For some reason I hate when people (people i dont know, neighbours visitors) park out the front of my house. It's perfectly legal and its not my property but it just grinds my gears!

2: I hate getting into cars that are full of rubbish. I hate that everytime you turn a corner all you can hear are empty bottles rolling and empty rappers crunchy. I understand its their car but doesn't the filth of half eaten foods in a confined space get to you at all?

3: My wife makes a tea then proceeds to put the used tea bag in the sink. Now 400mm away from the sink is the food waste bin... Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and throw it in there straight up!? Everytime i go to wash up I gotta throw out multiple tea bags... Probably no biggy to most but unfortunately does my head in!

Lol I feel a little better now
I hate tea bags without strings, why the hell do people buy bloody tea bags without strings!!!! For tea bags without strings there has to be a spoon involved which means a totally unnecessary extra implement.
Then of course this thing has to be washed.....the whole business becomes very labour intensive when there's no string attached (excuse the pun).
Whoever invented stringless tea bags should be sent to Gitmo for a bloody good water boarding with stringless tea bag tea!!!!!!

Oh....and I hate people who give way to me when they have the legal right of way, they think they're being courteous but in actual fact they're creating a confusing situation from which an accident could likely ensue then guess who'll be at fault!! ******!!

And!.......I hate drivers in front of me who slow down for green lights at an intersection.....for f..ks sake!!! What's that about???!!!
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.

Last edited by FPVS3; 09-02-2014 at 09:03 AM.
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #879
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also hate it when the All Blacks lose, especially to England!!

Wish I hadn't found this thread....I could go on forever......perhaps I hate this thread too!!! Geez....think I have issues!!!
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!

Last edited by FPVS3; 09-02-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #880
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
it was found out by TV advertising gurus that the remote was the biggest enemy of the advertiser and it's revenue.

this is why all stations are "synced" and we get simultaneous adverts on all stations.

the tv programs have merely become a vehicle to carry the advertising dollar, content doesn't matter any more, however ratings do, if we, as a viewer, watch the drivel then drivel is what we will get.
When I'm in hotels while at work (which is every time I go to work), I have to keep getting a new remote sent to my room (especially in the US) 'cos I've worn out the mute button. TV in the US is constant ad drivel with goody goody crap and endless disclaimers after any recommended advertised medications.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #881
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i hate when a mate who is on a weeks holiday visiting some relies sends you back photos of a factory blue 302 4 speed manual 2 way tail gated xb wagon sitting in a barn with 6 inches of dust on it and old house doors leaning up against it and tells you the body is in great nick....but his uncle wont sell it as another uncle wants to do it up one day and use it as a cruiser
you then comment that it will still be sitting there in 3 years and wont be long till the damp starts to get to that body work, and your mate agrees and then says 'i tried coz i know youd want it, but they arent interested in selling it'

dude
dont send me photos like that
its a complete friggin tease that ***** me off

/rant
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #882
66FAIRLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Soccer
66FAIRLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #883
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66FAIRLANE View Post
Soccer
Right!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #884
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66FAIRLANE View Post
Soccer
Aww, Soccer's not that bad.

But I do think that a lot of players should be in Actors equity
Old 12-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #885
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Aww, Soccer's not that bad.
Soccer is great till it almost gets you killed...

There I was, a younger 'Yellow_Festiva' backpacking through Europe in 2006. Get to Germany and crash at a mates place. He tells me "Great timing, you will be able to watch a few games of the World Cup with us".

The world what?? Ok, I'm the worst Aussie-Italian you will ever meet. Never watched a game of soccer, never played... never cared. Didn't even know the World Cup was in Europe, never 'planned' to be there at the same time.

Well, why not join in with the festivities?? Lots of good beer, great women and locals to look after me! Win, Win Win...

Till the Australia vs Italy game. Now, I don't really recall what happened, but I do recall that there was some controversy at the end. I remember a bunch of Aussies screaming abuse at the big screen. Apparently we got shafted... I don't know... Meh lets move along.

We decide to go for a drink, my German mates decide to take me to an Aussie pub.. sure, why not?? After a few seconds I realised that I was the centre of attention.. lots of pointing towards me, whispers behind hands clutching beer, comments that were mumbled due to the drunken stupor most were in. There was a feeling of hatred in the air from the earlier game.

Then it clicked.... guess which bright (yellow) spark was wearing an Italian soccer jersey......

Talked my way out of 2 sticky situations then decided it was a good time to leave before I needed to read the "Sports related injuries" section of the PDS that came with my travel insurance.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #886
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my cars engine dying on the way home from getting my weekly newspaper, the newsagent is just a 10 minute trip, but 3 minutes from home car developed a loud chronic knocking sound l pulled over immediately and once l opened the bonnet l was greeted with a beautiful cloud of smoke and do you think a tow truck was in operation at all in my area??? NOPE!!!!! car is still parked on beerburrum rd on monday **** will get sorted and ill be deeply out of pocket. l cannot afford this **** right especially with a father & son holiday just 2 weeks away with a wedding to attend before that l am honestly speechless l can't believe all the **** that could have happened has happened now l can't got to School or personal training, I'm truly devastated at all the **** l've had to deal with in the last year and this is just another nail in the coffin for me, the whole family are currently either in tassie or on the way to tassie, witch doesn't help either. dunno what to do anymore......GEEZ I HATE MY CAR!!!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #887
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
I go one better. Landlords who do nothing. Old place I found hairline cracks in front windows. Very thin glass and I assume from the heater in winter. Anyway huge storm coming and found them by chance so I electricl taped the cracks and informed landlord. Skip forward 2yrs and I have not even lived there for 1 1/2 of them, drive past and my electrical tape is still there lol.
I'll go better again.

Just completed an extensive course in property management and was told of some examples were the tenants were told the quotes were passed on and actually never left the office, or was "forgotten" on report.

Sounds like the mob I deal with. We can report all sorts of issues and it's yeah yeah, we'll get back to you.
Old 17-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #888
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Goats that seem to channel Houdini. You do a perimeter check and think you've secured any and all possible points of escape only to come out the front door an hour later to find said goats happily munching away on the front hedge instead of being in the paddock next door where you put them.

A couple more strands of barb wire top and bottom will hopefully deter them,.....I hope. because I'm running out of fencing materials and barb wire, and that stuff ain't cheap.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #889
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear ya.....we grabbed a little feral feller from out in the hills after we shot his mum........the little bloke used to be able to stand beside a 5 foot fence and jump straight up to have all 4 legs stand on 4 x 4 fence post.

also had a calf at the same time, he would come in and suck on mothers newly laundered clothes on the line, left them dripping with green slime, mother was not well pleased.

very quickly became time for the jersey calf to be introduced to mr freezer........

Old 17-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #890
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
my cars engine dying on the way home from getting my weekly newspaper, the newsagent is just a 10 minute trip, but 3 minutes from home car developed a loud chronic knocking sound l pulled over immediately and once l opened the bonnet l was greeted with a beautiful cloud of smoke and do you think a tow truck was in operation at all in my area??? NOPE!!!!! car is still parked on beerburrum rd on monday **** will get sorted and ill be deeply out of pocket. l cannot afford this **** right especially with a father & son holiday just 2 weeks away with a wedding to attend before that l am honestly speechless l can't believe all the **** that could have happened has happened now l can't got to School or personal training, I'm truly devastated at all the **** l've had to deal with in the last year and this is just another nail in the coffin for me, the whole family are currently either in tassie or on the way to tassie, witch doesn't help either. dunno what to do anymore......GEEZ I HATE MY CAR!!!!!!
What engine?
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #891
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
What engine?
standard 4 litre I6 that the ED's came with why do you ask?
Old 18-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #892
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not being able to get "new golden oak" stain......top cabinets are baltic pine stained to new golden oak so madam wants the new doors to match.......cant get it any more?????

Old 18-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #893
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Product reviews on the interweb.

The vast majority of them are written the day after someone has bought an appliance/machine. Unless the item is absolute ****, you can't write an honest review in that time span.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #894
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

You park in a shopping centre car park well away from any others to avoid shopping trolleys or door bangers, only to come back to find someone has parked beside you !!

(This just has to be a common occurrence with members here )
Old 18-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #895
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You park in a shopping centre car park well away from any others to avoid shopping trolleys or door bangers, only to come back to find someone has parked beside you !!

she who would posses everything constantly told me about the people who drive 4wd's that seem to be attracted to small car's.

she said she would would park right away from the maddening crowd only to return an hour later to find one or two 4wd's parked either side right up close, making it impossible for her to get into her car and to see where she is reversing out and that it happens all the time.

I scoffed and said she is imagining it until I took her little car down to an almost deserted car park (K-Mart) and went inside, hundreds of empty parks everywhere.

you could have knocked me over with a feather, 2 4wd's parked either side right hard against her car.....

dimwit's.

Old 18-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #896
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Did you see the pics I posted once of the parking situation I had with our old Focus??? Would make you several times over....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #897
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Did you see the pics I posted once of the parking situation I had with our old Focus??? Would make you several times over....
I remember that post. I too make the effort to park out of the way and walk the extra few metres to the shop, not that my ute is worth big coin but I like to keep it straight. Dunno how many times I've come back to find it sandwiched in between two Toorak tractors with heaps of free spaces available.

Geez, I hate that!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #898
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a former driving instructor I have an explanation for this phenomena. When you first teach someone to drive you try to start in a big open space (re carpark). Once they start to relax you move off to the roads. When it's time to start learning to park, where do you go, the quiet car park of course. Once they have practised enough in an empty car park then it's off into the wild wild world again to practise on real cars.

OK, forward to current times and my Toorak Tractor and I want to spend money at the shops. This requires going to them and parking. Now once I have bought what I need to from the high end shops I head back to my tractor. If I park close to the doors then not many people are going to see me carry my high end bags of thingies and say to themselves that rich *****. By parking further away chances of being spotted are increased.

Alternatively, it may simply be they have no idea how to park unless it is beside a poor lonely little car that they want to make feel small so as to justify their buying a big car.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #899
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
standard 4 litre I6 that the ED's came with why do you ask?
Will have a 290 and 260 available soon-thought it could have helped you out.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #900
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Will have a 290 and 260 available soon-thought it could have helped you out.
my ears are all open for a variety of engines maybe we can work out a price that includes installation only saying these thing because you give me the option of saving up.