Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 16-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
crymoarpls
Banned

Default 94 telstar mods

hi all i am thinking about a 94 telstar glx 2.0 manual. anyone with experience in getting more power out of these for cheap? is there anything in particular they respond to well other than an exhaust?

also has anyone put rims on/lowered their telstar that they think look good? if so can you please post?

thanks in advance

crymoarpls is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 94 telstar mods

another late response to a telstar question. For cheap there is not much you can do except exhaust and full/free flow air filter. Even that is not cheap. Turbo is the way to go if you can find a good second hand one. I put a set of Mazda 6 alloy rims on my 1993 Telstar Ghia. Same stud pattern and as far as I know same offset. Improved the ride. installed a new Whiteline 16mm rear swaybar. Gives 200% more material for a small increase in diameter. Improved the ride and handling. I put new Ultima gas struts in all around and got better road grip and handling. I'm too old for dropping the thing on its guts, left my grandson to do that with his car and now I can't ride in his car as it scrapes when I get in. He had lowered King Springs and cut another 2 coils out of them. If you do find some methods for getting more KW's out of yours, post them on here. I would be very interested.
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
Waris93
Starter Motor

Default Re: 94 telstar mods

Well just get a klze 2.5 motor if you really want much power out of it, also highest size on rims you can go is 18 without any modifications, you can go to facebook and search for "mwarisk" I have few pics of my ride there, I have installed 17's looks great and also I've upgraded calipers and brakes to 2009 mazda 6 and painted caliper red, nothing much for performance because I got klde 2.5 stock motor and has lots of power on wheels.
Waris93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post