Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #241
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: QLD New Cycling Laws Exposes Flaw in New CyclingLaws.

Oh really? You've gone to the effort of collecting that data have you?

Amazing to think that more rules are broken by cyclists, than drivers who use their phones while driving, who speed, drink drive, run red lights, hog the right lane, litter etc..

Then again, it must be true..
Old 16-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #242
Guzz226

Based on what published stats? Nothing like making up stats to suit your own argument is there?

Afterall how many speed camera and red light camera fines are issued per year - thats a lot of law breaking right there, or doesnt that count?

The only thing you can be sure of is that most people try to do the right thing and yet there are nufties everywhere - sometimes they drive trucks, sometimes cars, sometimes they ride, sometimes they walk.....
Guzz226 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #243
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

let's not let fact get in the way on an internet story ;)

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #244
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
at least understand the rules of which you are complaining about.
it's a pity the judge didn't use her brain and toss the conviction out, sending the law back to the legislators to try and fix it.
Old 18-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #245
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne View Post
So in other words, he was riding in accordance to the road rules.. and????
I'll admit I'm not aware of road rules for cyclist, but common sense would tell me if your cycling alone to stay to the left of the lane, NOT the middle. How is any traffic ever supposed to get passed?

If the law permits a lone cyclist to take up the whole lane, then that's just retarded, and if I see a cyclist abusing that nonsense law just for the sake of it .....then they're an idiot.

I was following a cyclist who was arm indicating yesterday. It was a pleasure and it was soooo easy to share the road with him!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #246
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I'll admit I'm not aware of road rules for cyclist, but common sense would tell me if your cycling alone to stay to the left of the lane, NOT the middle. How is any traffic ever supposed to get passed?

If the law permits a lone cyclist to take up the whole lane, then that's just retarded, and if I see a cyclist abusing that nonsense law just for the sake of it .....then they're an idiot.

I was following a cyclist who was arm indicating yesterday. It was a pleasure and it was soooo easy to share the road with him!
You nailed it, and regardless of it being two or ten there is really no justifiable reason why they should ride 2 abreast anyway when they know a car is behind them. They are not going to get to their destination any quicker so what's the point, apart from that momentary feeling of superiority that they gave the finger symbolically and had some power over the masses.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #247
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I just read, the inventor of that helmet isnt even a cyclist, doesnt own a bike.
Neither was the inventor of the bike.... but it didn't stop him either !

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #248
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post

Legally, yes they are allowed to sit in the middle of the lane.

I only do it when it is just purely unsafe to do otherwise, however, that would be less than 1% of my riding.

I always use arm signals, and ride as predictably as I can, as well as having as much courtesy as I can.

I find that if I'm helpful to a driver, that eventually gets paid back to me somewhere along the line.

As I've said all along, laws are meaningless in the end, because you can be in the right and still be wrong.

If everyone just gives each other the courtesy they deserve, everyone gets along.

Whilst it is off topic, even last night, I was riding home, 2 lanes of traffic is gridlocked and I have a bike lane.

I'm going along around 40-45km/h, and I can hear a motorbike behind me.

Now, legally he shouldn't be there, and I shouldn't care. However, I found a spot that was wider than usual, I moved left, waved him through, on he goes, gives me a wave and everyone is happy.

End up pulling up to him at the next set of lights and we have a good old yarn.

Just a small example of how a tiny display of courtesy can make things alright.

Ultimately I could of been stubborn and not let him passed, let him get annoyed at me, but why? What's the point?