Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #241
stevz
Banned

Default Re: Are We Being Too Harsh And Critial Of Ford Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
It is true that Commodore is outselling Falcon by a wide margin, I think it has less to do
with private buyers and more to do with a shift in preference by fleet buyers unable
to get LPG Falcons and wagons, that just sends those buyers off to other products.
If indeed LPG engines should be making up a third or quarter of all sales then that is
a huge implied uptick in sales of between 30 to 50% of current production and would
suggest that the current 1800 (or less) sales should be 2400-2700 with LPG sedans.

You know what?
We'll know soon enough if Ford's belief in LPG is right or not, if those sales come back
then I think the case for another RWD Falcon strengthens but if those sales are indifferent
then I think Ford has to seriously revisit its business plan for a future Falcon but that doesn't
mean another Falcon won't happen, probably more like a big rethink of what's in and what's out.

It should be kept in mind that Holden is also releasing an LiLPG Commodore in the not too distant future, so it's not safe to assume that all LPG sales will automatically go to Ford.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #242
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Its not all Holdens way. Woolworth switched its fleet over from commodores to a variety of diesel options. As far as I know most store managers are running around in Mondeo Zetec TDCi's. There were a couple of other cars they could get, but they were mostly smaller.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #243
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Majority of fleet cars I see are Toyotas.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post