Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #2371
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 
Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
Anyone remember the small sticker that adjourned the left hand rear quater vent window of Falcons in the 80's?

"Built with pride by the people of Ford Australia"
This is one of the main reasons I driven Falcon/Fairmont/Fairlane Utes/Sedans/Wagons for the last 30yrs !! Not the sticker... the fact ! I always try to buy Australian made first... whatever it is !
It's a pity more people don't ! (Not sayin' it's right or wrong.... just that it's a pity ! )

After all... you wouldn't say "I love my kids"... then not support them.... so why wouldn't think of your own Country in the same way !??

I hope the FH is the best quality Falcon ever... so no matter what, the good people of Ford Aus can walk away with their heads held high... and be remembered that way !!

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)

Last edited by Gothefalcon; 21-03-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #2372
Focused

DRIVE are claiming that Ford will bump the GT's power up to 351kWs for a final special edition model later this year.

Article: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...321-356wm.html
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #2373
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

^ Just saw that, sounds great. I'd rather see them do it to the last ever Falcon though.
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #2374
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
DRIVE are claiming that Ford will bump the GT's power up to 351kWs for a final special edition model later this year.

For once Drive might be onto something here, on FPV facebook page they are promoting FPR351 or something like that. Sounds good though.
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #2375
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Two more pics here, although not very revealing.....

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/larg...l-falcon-42416
Quote:

Last Ford Falcon spied eight months ahead of launch, but how many will be built?

Ford’s last ever Falcon continues to be subjected to durability testing around Victoria, as these new spy shots in suburban Melbourne show.

These fresh images also reveal a high-spec variant of the final Falcon for the first time – perhaps a G6E, complete with concealed front quarter vents and subtle rear decklid spoiler.

The carefully positioned camouflage confirms the 2015 Falcon, which goes on sale in November, will wear new front and rear sheetmetal, including a fresh bonnet – likely to feature a bulging ‘power dome’ for the born-again XR8.

Expect the ‘FH’ Falcon, codenamed 201X, to also present redesigned quarter panels and new bumpers and lights at both ends, including narrower headlights and tail-lights and LED running lamps up front.

Completing the new look will be new grilles inspired by the latest Mondeo and a fresh range of alloy wheels. Expect the facelifted Falcon to also bring interior upgrades, probably limited to revised trims and graphic upgrades for the central display screen.

Engine and chassis performance is likely to remain the same, with no changes expected in power and torque outputs or suspension calibration.

However, Ford is understood to have made significant efforts to reduce fuel consumption, which was the main prerequisite for the provision of a $34 million federal government grant in 2012.

Average fuel consumption of the entry-level Falcon is tipped to drop from 9.9 to 9.5L/100km, which is still more than 3.0 and 3.6-litre V6 versions of Holden’s Commodore.

Efficiency gains are expected to come mainly from the adoption of lower rolling resistance tyres and a lighter Chinese-built ZF six-speed automatic transmission for all models except the XR6 Turbo and XR8. The performance Falcons continue with a German-made ZF six-speed auto.

Of course, the reborn XR8 will bring the biggest mechanical change by essentially offering the same 335kW/570Nm supercharged 5.0-litre V8 powertrain as Ford Performance Vehicles’ GT, which will be discontinued following the launch of the fresh Falcon range.

XR8 aside, expect all of the above changes to also apply to the only Australian-made SUV, the Territory, which will be released soon after the Falcon before Ford ceases production of both models some time in the next two and a half years.

Exactly when that will take place continues to be the subject of intense industry speculation.

Ford has consistently said it intends to build cars until October 2016, when its Geelong and Broadmeadows factory doors will close – unless Falcon and/or Territory sales continue to spiral.

To February this year Territory sales were down more than 40 per cent, Falcon sedan sales had slipped more than 38 per cent and 26 per cent fewer Falcon utes were sold.

That’s on top of Falcon sedan sales slides of 24 per cent last year, 25 per cent in 2012 and 36 per cent in 2011.

In January, Ford sold just 461 Falcon sedans, 237 Falcon utes and 681 Territorys, for a total of 1379 locally made vehicles. That figure rose marginally to 1570 last month, but that’s still less than the number of Falcons Ford sold every week a decade ago.

Ford Australia currently produces about 140 vehicles a day – down from more than 200 a day in 2012 -- but that number will fall to between 80 and 90 a day from June. It’s then that Ford will shed a further 300 workers, reducing its workforce to less than 1000.

Amazingly, even the reduced level of production is well above current demand, raising the spectre of further manufacturing and job cuts.

Ford says it is committed to releasing upgraded the Falcon and Territory models this year, but the question now appears to be for how long and in what numbers.

There’s no doubt the next Falcon will be the most exclusive ever, but some sources have speculated manufacture of the 2015 Falcon and Territory could be limited to as few as 300 examples each.

Ford rejects that suggestion out of hand, saying it would not build just 300 of any model (less than two weeks of production!) due to supply contracts and the investment involved in developing any new product.

“Wherever that information came from it’s not correct,” said Ford Australia’s new Public Affairs Director Wes Sherwood.

“The plan is for production to continue right up to October 2016, depending on market conditions.

“In fact, the plan is to broaden our portfolio with a range of new [imported] models and to refresh our entire line-up by 2017.”

The new models include the all-new Everest and Mustang, new Mondeo, new Transit and facelifted Focus next year, and possibly the Territory-replacing Edge in 2016.

The $35 million in federal funding Ford received to develop the 2015 Falcon and Territory was conditional on it continuing to manufacture in Victoria until 2016.

But given Ford Australia announced combined losses of almost $600 million over the previous five years when it revealed it will shut its plants in 2016 last May (including a record $290 million loss in 2011), closing its factory doors much earlier than that could be the best way for Ford Australia to limit its financial pain.
Published : Friday, 21 March 2014
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #2376
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post

I guess it'll really be 386kw's then
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #2377
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2014 Falcon 857682253.jpg

2014 Falcon 187319.jpg

From: http://www.motoring.com.au/news/larg...l-falcon-42416
Old 21-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #2378
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
I guess it'll really be 386kw's then
More like 400Kw.......http://www.themotorreport.com.au/554...w-police-fleet
3 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #2379
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

g6et?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #2380
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
g6et?
Yeah I'd be guessing that's the case. I'm surprised the journo didn't make the obvious connection (luxury model plus a rear spoiler)...

Anyway it'll be great to see a 351 GT (assuming Drive are correct). It's a perfect swan-song for a great badge, and it should differentiate it from the FH XR8 which I'm guessing will probably get the 335 V8 from the old GT.

Having said all of that, people seem to suggest that the 335 is already producing >370kWs so I'm not sure what this 351kW motor is going to REALLY produce. 450kW?
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #2381
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Ford could put 351 on the new XR8, only thing is it looks to be still a little short of what it actually produces.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #2382
nstg8a

Hope it's not just a badge upgrade though.... Will be stupid if it's 'supposedly' got a power gain but only manages identical performance figures to the 335
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #2383
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I smell an XR8 Sprint on the horizon.....
Old 22-03-2014, 03:38 AM   #2384
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I look at the crosshatch, badge positioning and lights of the new Kias( Cerato, pro_cee'd GT, K9) and my heart sinks. Say it isn't so, spyman?
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #2385
JG34JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothefalcon View Post
this is one of the main reasons i driven falcon/fairmont/fairlane utes/sedans/wagons for the last 30yrs !! Not the sticker... The fact ! i always try to buy australian made first... Whatever it is !
It's a pity more people don't ! (not sayin' it's right or wrong.... Just that it's a pity ! )

after all... You wouldn't say "i love my kids"... Then not support them.... So why wouldn't think of your own country in the same way !??

I hope the fh is the best quality falcon ever... So no matter what, the good people of ford aus can walk away with their heads held high... And be remembered that way !!

d
+1000
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #2386
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
hey,

heheheheh

a smart man only puts on his computer, what he needs ppl to see

im working on the rear atm so you'll have to wait until the weekend

want to show the neon strip in the rear lit up first then we will unveil the back end of the car

spyman.....

I believe its the weekend hahah.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #2387
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

My only gripes with the interior is that it does not have a microwave, kitchen sink, 60 inch Plasma - and the car doesn't bloody drive itself.

Apart from that, I love the current FG interior.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #2388
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothefalcon View Post
This is one of the main reasons I driven Falcon/Fairmont/Fairlane Utes/Sedans/Wagons for the last 30yrs !! Not the sticker... the fact ! I always try to buy Australian made first... whatever it is !
It's a pity more people don't ! (Not sayin' it's right or wrong.... just that it's a pity ! )

After all... you wouldn't say "I love my kids"... then not support them.... so why wouldn't think of your own Country in the same way !??

I hope the FH is the best quality Falcon ever... so no matter what, the good people of Ford Aus can walk away with their heads held high... and be remembered that way !!

D
The difference there is though your kids are always your kids, you made them, you raise them, you show them the world. Nationality just comes down to whatever country you were in when you were born. National pride/stubborness is a little outdated in a more global existence thesedays. So easy to travel and learn.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 04:03 AM   #2389
BHDOGS
Banned

Outdated when ur kids have no jobs coz u supported Chinese cars maybe they can move there?
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #2390
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

What has that got to do with trhe topic being discussed ?
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #2391
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Outdated when ur kids have no jobs coz u supported Chinese cars maybe they can move there?
Might have too, but thats what happens when local manufacturing doesn't follow the market. Average Joe car buyer doesn't give 2 ***** about how many killerwasps the car has but thats all Aussie car makers care about.
Old 23-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #2392
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post
What has that got to do with trhe topic being discussed ?
He's trying to say that all you imported gadget car fanbois reap what you sow

hth
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #2393
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Might have too, but thats what happens when local manufacturing doesn't follow the market. Average Joe car buyer doesn't give 2 ***** about how many killerwasps the car has but thats all Aussie car makers care about.
we are a little backwater, competing with vehicles on the world stage

I'm more than proud that our Aussie made product has taken the bat up as far as it could against imports

now you go hand in your Australian Man Card for those comfy heated sprocketated seats and cup screnunungens
Old 23-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #2394
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
And they don't fare too well on the grand scale of things.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #2395
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
And they don't fare too well on the grand scale of things.
by **** they haul *** though
6 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #2396
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post

I'm more than proud that our Aussie made product has taken the bat up as far as it could against imports

now you go hand in your Australian Man Card for those comfy heated sprocketated seats and cup screnunungens
Or I'll just hand it in for an AMG V8...or a V8 Mustang where Ford Aus steal all their motors from anyway. Aussie manufacturing aka putting different parts off different cars together ;)

Aussie cars did all right for awhile then just hit this point where everyone else was adding so much to their cars and Ford/Holden in particular didn't want to hear about it and just focused on the killerwasps and getting the biggest motors they could find at GM/Ford HQ.

Hows that pointless aircon in your car buddy? Your forefathers would be disgusted in you having aircon, windscreen wipers, adjustable seats, cruise control, and those other stupid gadgets that dont do anything for driving. SHAME!
Old 23-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #2397
dragons90

Never knew that the barra 6 was a crate special or the Miami wasn't assembled in Australia to Handle boost and is the biggest motor in fords catalogue.

Last edited by dragons90; 23-03-2014 at 08:30 PM.
dragons90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #2398
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And I never knew the Hilux or Corolla sold so well because it had so many more features than a Falcon... That feature being the badge on the front.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #2399
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Miami may be assembled here but its a Seppo motor Ford Aus put a few Aussie parts on. Boss motors were all just crate motors. I think the Barra 6's are Aussie made but that hardly equates to Falcons being all Aussie cars. A 4 litre straight 6 is farking huge, JDM cars have half that capacity and perform just as well. 5.4, 5.0 are pretty big motors as well compared to what BMW, Audi and several others use.
Old 23-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #2400
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Sorry, thought this was the 2014 falcon sneak peek thread, I'll move on
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post