Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #181
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
so you're suggesting give up and just be happy how the focus is as it will stay that way for a long time??
Pretty much

Marriage isn't really that bad mate, I've been married coming up 23 years next month, only 2 more to go and I'm up for parole
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #182
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
Ringood Pedders did my springs, shocks, camber kit install and wheel alignment and it came to about $500 total. Those quoted prices are spot on for what Pedder's charge, including the wheel alignment, I rang several outlets. The guy that I dealt with was fine, really helpful. Must of got another guy or the same dude on a bad day!
Good to know, friend of mine said he got springs put in his car for $100, I honestly didn't believe him and then went to tell me I wouldn't need an alignment... I think it may just be a bad day, he seemed to think I would pull out of it or something, no chance in that I've been waiting several weeks to get these bad boys! And I plan on getting the rear sway bar and shocks further down the track
Old 28-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #183
ConradP

Just looked at the invoice attached to the springs, forgot to get it when they arrived just put them in the garage until the weekend, and it says Eibach ProKit FoMK2 ST, that will fit mine right..?
Old 28-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #184
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might be a problem with them, if that's right. I think the ST/Xr5 ones are a fair bit firmer, and your car won't actually get lowered.

This is the correct product code: E10-35-016-02-22

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #185
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Might be a problem with them, if that's right. I think the ST/Xr5 ones are a fair bit firmer, and your car won't actually get lowered.

This is the correct product code: E10-35-016-02-22
There is no product code on the invoice i've got =\ That's kind of annoying/upsetting..

Looking at the order itself on europarts and i've picked the
Eibach ProKit Lowering Springs Focus MK2
- Engine: petrol
- Version: Hatchback, Sedan

And made a comment of:
Part number: E10-35-016-02-22 for the Eibach springs, just making sure I get the right ones i understand there is different engine sizes.

Edit: Looks like I should have checked the boxes properly first D: just opened it up and found the parts number, and they are the correct ones

Last edited by ConradP; 28-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.
ConradP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #186
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So, the Apollo has arrived but my replacement hose hasn't...

I'm tempted to put it on the stock hose, to try it out, but maybe i'd be giving myself unnecessary extra work...

Old 30-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #187
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
So, the Apollo has arrived but my replacement hose hasn't...

I'm tempted to put it on the stock hose, to try it out, but maybe i'd be giving myself unnecessary extra work...
Give it a go, i was thinking of doing that because the hose i got was too long, but i just chopped it in half D: lol
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #188
ConradP

Ok! Springs are in and feel great! Noticed the difference straight away (was swerving around a bit ) , dropped it by 2.5cm and looks much better too

Before:

After:

I'll get a pic of it closer maybe, when it's not as wet and cold..
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #189
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Looks good mate. A better ride height, but still practical.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #190
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Next mod some nice dakest legal window tinting maybe ??

Last edited by Russ; 02-10-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #191
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Next mod some nice dakest legal window tinting maybe ??

Haha, It's got tint on it, believe it or not but I do want to get it darker, I was told by the dealer it's the darkest legal though o.O
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #192
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe it's just the photo but normally on a dull wet day they look a lot a darker, this is mine with darkest legal on an overcast day

Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #193
ConradP

Quote:
Maybe it's just the photo but normally on a dull wet day they look a lot a darker, this is mine with darkest legal on an overcast day

I guess mine isn't darkest legal then huh.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #194
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
I guess mine isn't darkest legal then huh.
My back windows and the rear screen are slightly darker than the front windows but apparently still legal according to my installer. If it was a dull wet day when you took that pic then I would expect they should look a lot darker than they do
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #195
ConradP

Going to give Car Tint in ringwood a call tomorrow see if they will do my car, they seem to be a stand out compared to all the other little mobs, also I get to check out the guys ferrari 430 when they are doing it!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #196
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
Going to give Car Tint in ringwood a call tomorrow see if they will do my car, they seem to be a stand out compared to all the other little mobs, also I get to check out the guys ferrari 430 when they are doing it!
Ask him if he'll let you borrow it as a courtesy car
Old 03-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #197
ConradP

Quote:
Ask him if he'll let you borrow it as a courtesy car
Just do a few laps of melbourne.. With my P plates showing proud
Old 08-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #198
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Does a swaybar make much of an improvement to handling? I just took my WS Fiesta for a bit of a spin and it handles a crapload better than my TDCI Focus when out of curiousity I did a back to back run. She body rolls a fair bit.

Also, are suspension components for LV and the previous model the same?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #199
casabonka
You can call me Chris

I upgraded the sway bar - tbh, its prob me but I cant say I noticed too much of a difference. Might be a diff story if she was lowered tho?
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #200
ConradP

I think the suspension is the same, but i'd ask someone else first, and i'll be getting the sway bar soon, i've got a front strut and wil get them both put in together, i'll be able to comment then, the suspension alone has made a massive difference
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #201
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I see you guys have the Eibach springs, I had a look:

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=695

for less than 100 EUR you can get this coil over kit:

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...oducts_id=1117

Would it be worth the extra coin?

Also I have the factory standard 16" wheels, would a 30mm drop be too much and make the car too low?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #202
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

30mm is fine, Damo. I've still got a few centimetres' gap above 16 inch wheels. Looks less like an SUV now, but not noticeably "low" to the average person looking at it.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #203
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Does a swaybar make much of an improvement to handling? I just took my WS Fiesta for a bit of a spin and it handles a crapload better than my TDCI Focus when out of curiousity I did a back to back run. She body rolls a fair bit.

Also, are suspension components for LV and the previous model the same?
I had a 22mm Whiteline adjustable swaybar fitted to my 2011 Zetec and I noticed an immediate difference as soon as I drove the car out of the mechanics workshop. It feels much stiffer in the rear and the handling has improved heaps and is especially noticeable when driving through roundabouts and doing quick sharp turns. I purchased mine from eBay and it was advertised as suiting 2005 onwards.... The only thing you may need is different link ends, one of the other members IN FOCUS had to change his when he had his swaybar fitted (see post 36 - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...27#post3880127) his is an LV CL but he stil needed to change the linkages. See the pic in post 36 at the thread link and if your car has the same linkage setup then you should be fine but if not you'll need to change them as well.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #204
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

You guys just got the rear sways? On their site they sell a front swaybar too, would that be worth getting as well?

So far I'm looking at:

Eibach springs like you guys
Swaybars

Is it worth going the adjustable ones? What do you have yours set to Russ?

With the linkages where do I buy them from?

Thanks much guys

Here is a link to the bars:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_...t_number=BMF51

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=BMR78Z
Old 09-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #205
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Big Damo,

Mine is the adjustable (BMR78Z) and as far as I know it's set to the firmest setting (whichever that is ?) I don't consider replacing the front swaybar is necessary or beneficial unless you are planning on putting the car through its' paces on a track, I did a bit of homework on them before buying and for normal everyday driving it would appear that the rear swaybar is all you should really need, mine being the Zetec already handled quite well (or so I thought) but as I said in my earlier post, the rear bar has made a huge difference. There was another Group Buy going on Whiteline swaybars on the forum but I think it's just finished, I can't find the bar BMR78Z on eBay, but if you try Justin @ Tuff Car Parts he should be able to help you out with that - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11316255

Check under your car at the back and see if your link setup looks the same as the one in the pic (my last post has the link) if you need it they are available from eBay or alternatively maybe ask Justin @ TCP if he can do you a deal on the swaybar and link kit (if you need it) together

The link kit from eBay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WHITELINE...item2eb1c4503b

Cheers
Old 09-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #206
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Thanks for the reply Russ, I'll look tomorrow then get in contact with Justin, from his forum section looks like he provides a very good service.

Just out of curiosity, what tint has your car got? I like the look of it and how much did it cost?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #207
ConradP

I was considering the coilover set too Damo, but asked around and it's more of a track suited thing, the ride would become super rough and just unpleasant.

Also I asked the guys at Pedders when I had my springs installed, they told me after I mentioned I was getting a front strut and looking to get the rear sway bar that the rear sway bar would need to be smaller than the front otherwise could get some awesome rear wheel lift up action, I argued that this could look awesome, but he insisted that it was dangerous.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #208
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Thanks for the reply Russ, I'll look tomorrow then get in contact with Justin, from his forum section looks like he provides a very good service.

Just out of curiosity, what tint has your car got? I like the look of it and how much did it cost?
No worries mate, I'm not 100% certain on the tint but it is the darkest legal, I had it done at a place in Sydney called Reflect Effect (professional car detailing business) the guy that the owns the place, Dave, advertises on a Euro Forum I used to post on when I had my VW Golf, he did it for $225 (very reasonable) he only uses quality films and it comes with the usual tint film warranty as well, I went with him because he does the job without removing door trims, I have found from past experience that as soon as the door trims are removed you almost always end up with ratlles :(
Not the case for me
Old 09-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #209
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Big Damo, I just came across this on eBay, it will give you a price to compare with

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Focu...item1c1f7e3e8a
Old 09-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #210
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Thanks much boys, so no on the front sway bar or only if its bigger than the rear one?

Rear 22mm adjustable sway and eibach spring kit, how much different does it make the car handle? Mine is also diesel so I guess heavier engine?

Also on a side note, I reckon other than the Falcon based car groups, we've gotta be the most active section on the forums out of the other models haha.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 09-10-2011 at 09:18 PM.