Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #151
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Found this on eBay.
At that price, I don't think anybody will bite.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Fiesta-1...3%3A1|294%3A50

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #152
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

yeah, i wonder if its anyone on here...?
you're right, too expensive... and 20HP gain???.... probably not.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #153
Ben85

I reckon!!!! I agree with Zetec Jim, 20hp my ****. LOL.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #154
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Right....so.... changed the setup again :togo: :togo: last time I swear.

Its a Green Cotton Filter (French or English brand i think) oiled type, use them in rallies and stuff. cost $130 off ebay from somewhere in Melbourne.
Bracket i made, about $5 worth of steel , $30 for silicon pipe.

its basically like a BMC CDA but not carbon fibre, its alumium.

And cos its aluminium, i had to keep it away from the block, so with some handy help from mr. hacksaw, i cut off some excess plastic parts from the battery cover and from the front near the air-intake side so i could fit the filter and the bracket in respectively:

I also had to keep it away from the fuel line (little red clip inside the right-angle of the silicon pipe) so it didn't rub against it.

I know its not ideal as its got a few bends, but i think its going to perform better than the last setup.

BUT!!!!! Tragedy, i think.... the last setup i had a fixed a bracket using the existing screw point that held the stock air-box. i think i put that screw back in too hard and fouled the intake manifold, or exhaust manifold (whichever is the one towards the front.)... :

see new post...... :(

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 21-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #155
Ben85

Well i think i am finally done as well. The power gains are great, the induction sounds awesome, but most off all it looks neat and professional!!!!!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 21-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #156
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Looks good Ben, where did you get the expander pipe, and yes, does look nice and professional
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #157
Ben85

I got it from this website
http://purchasenet.com.au/shopping/a...ose-p-871.html

Old 21-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #158
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

good stuff mate.
Old 21-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #159
Ben85

Thanx Jim. I think i have found the setup i was looking for. Took a few trial and errors, and some $$ but all worth it in the end

Old 21-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #160
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Nice.. it does look professional.....might have to do something with a clean engine bay LOL!....

if u have a fiesta without foggies i would route the pipe down there or even on the front grille...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #161
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Nice.. it does look professional.....might have to do something with a clean engine bay LOL!....

if u have a fiesta without foggies i would route the pipe down there or even on the front grille...

Thanx mate, yea have always kept my engine bay clean. And i have foggies so there is no room on the WQ to to run the piping, unless i run it under the car, and from previous experiments that doesnt work out to well. LOL

Old 21-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #162
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

You should be able to runn the pipe to the middle lower grille with no probs. Had it done in the WP and doing it in the WQ XR4.
Old 21-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #163
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
You should be able to runn the pipe to the middle lower grille with no probs. Had it done in the WP and doing it in the WQ XR4.
Its all completely sealed and everything is a very tight fit down there!!! The radiator takes up all the space.

Old 22-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #164
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hmmmm let me investigate on the weekend as i did manage to get a pipe down there in the XR4, but im assuming there is a plastic bit covering the grille end from the inside. I just cant remember if this is the case on WQ LX + Zetec
Old 22-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #165
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Hmmmm let me investigate on the weekend as i did manage to get a pipe down there in the XR4, but im assuming there is a plastic bit covering the grille end from the inside. I just cant remember if this is the case on WQ LX + Zetec
Thanx mate. Much appreciate it, but from everything i have looked at and tried its just too hard to near impossible. But any ideas are appreciated and welcomed

Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #166
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Hey my new Fez has nearly arrived and my modding twitch will soon byte! I am thinking of starting off with just a KnN replacement filter (http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2955 ?)

Should I drop it in as soon as I get the fez or wait a while to run it in with the stock filter?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #167
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Go for it. I had a K&N in within the week of getting mine back in 06.
Old 14-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #168
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

dammit, so after many phone calls, KnN have yet to release any to Australia for the WS Fiesta :(
Old 15-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #169
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

so be the first WS to have a custom intake then :evil3:
Old 15-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #170
EG30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
dammit, so after many phone calls, KnN have yet to release any to Australia for the WS Fiesta :(

Hi Vision Zetec any idea if they make one for our cars at all? ie can we buy from Europe and USA at least?

I'm after just a replacement panel K&N for my sister's 1.4L WS, I'll measure up the OE filter and see if it's the same as the ones listed under Fiestas.

love the many different pod setups posted in this thread!

I'm mucking around the same tonight on my little civic, going from a CAI setup to a SRI to suit a velocity stack setup which is supposed to speed up air speed by 10%.

Still need to rig up a air hose and some sort of heat shield, but so far car feels faster and a lot more responsive.
EG30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #171
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Throw some pics up so we can see!!!
Old 15-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #172
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG30
Hi Vision Zetec any idea if they make one for our cars at all? ie can we buy from Europe and USA at least?

I'm after just a replacement panel K&N for my sister's 1.4L WS, I'll measure up the OE filter and see if it's the same as the ones listed under Fiestas.
Yeah i've got a couple of emails going backwards and forth, ill keep you updated

One is whether or not a BMC replacement filter would fit, part #69-297-01

As i said, ill keep you updated
Old 15-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #173
EG30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Throw some pics up so we can see!!!
here is a link to what the Blox velocity stack looks like Twinpiston:

https://vexmotorsports.3dcartstores....it_p_3425.html

nothing rocket science about it, just a donut shaped device to smooth the intake air turbulence like intake mouths on webbers and throttle bodies, one day they would incorp this feature to all cheap pod filters.

will post some pics of my velocity stack air filter in my civic engine bay soon, you can see it's huge for a 1.6 NA car.
Old 15-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #174
EG30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
Yeah i've got a couple of emails going backwards and forth, ill keep you updated

One is whether or not a BMC replacement filter would fit, part #69-297-01

As i said, ill keep you updated
thanks, keep us posted and hopefully the 1.4L panel filter same as the 1.6L also.
Old 16-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #175
EG30

pic of my velocity stack air filter, as you can see it's very bulky, I'm going to route an air duct from the bumper to the round hole next to the air filter and see how that goes at the track, and try a whale plastic SRI with a normal pod filter to see which is better before I fabricate a heat shield for it.
Old 23-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #176
NJM586

Hey Guys

Most of you saw my last induction set up well after changing it back to stock i got bored and decided to change it again with my last set up as well because the induction started down in the fog light bezal it felt very laggy at times heat factor so i changed it tell me what you think

NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #177
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Have we got details of the equipment here, i.e where we can find this stuff? or is it still the custom stuff.
Old 24-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #178
Ben85

Mostly still custom mate, but there are a couple of brands that make ones to suit. K&N make one, Powertec make one. Or there is BMC.

Old 31-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #179
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Hey Guys,

still new to the fiesta as I only just got it. Ive got a pod lying around and wondering:

1. How I would go about taking the plastic engine cover off because I tried taking the nuts off but it was still caught at the back (a brief step-by-step guide would be nice)

2. Will the existing piping coming from the throttle body stretch around a pod filter or is there a specific adapter to connect the intake piping to the pod.

3. Will there be enough clearance over the headers if I just twisted the stock piping 90 degrees clockwise so the pod rests near the battery? (many people on here seem to have done this kind of setup).

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #180
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX_Pete_88
Hey Guys,

still new to the fiesta as I only just got it. Ive got a pod lying around and wondering:

1. How I would go about taking the plastic engine cover off because I tried taking the nuts off but it was still caught at the back (a brief step-by-step guide would be nice)
Exactly wat you did, take all the bolts off and pull really hard, there are no bolts on the back, just plugs and they take some force to get off.

Quote:
2. Will the existing piping coming from the throttle body stretch around a pod filter or is there a specific adapter to connect the intake piping to the pod.
The existing piping should go over the neck of your pod filter

Quote:
3. Will there be enough clearance over the headers if I just twisted the stock piping 90 degrees clockwise so the pod rests near the battery? (many people on here seem to have done this kind of setup).
Yes it will turn 90 degrees but you will need a small silicone adapter where the stock pipe meets the throttle body to give it more clearance.