Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #151
prasac
Banned

Default Re: TRP Racing Ford Falcon XR6T runs 9.1@159mph, update 8.48@165mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYC06T
They are hard not to love - as you put so much effort (and coin) into em!

Any eta on when yours will be making a track appearance? It is such an epic build.
you're not wrong

thanks, will be ready for the APSA meeting at Calder Park in February, the car is 99% finished im just waiting on a few things, main one being money i can do things in bits and pieces but i wanted to finish everything off in 1 hit now.

the killer is all the stuff you don't think about. like the Motec ECU, u pay for it $3500, then, all the little extra things u need to turn on like dual lambda (even though i will be tuning by EGT), advanced functions, logging etc all that adds up to another $2000+. i think we will be logging just about everything, i think we may even put a sensor in my pants so i know if i crap myself
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #152
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
you're not wrong

thanks, will be ready for the APSA meeting at Calder Park in February, the car is 99% finished im just waiting on a few things, main one being money i can do things in bits and pieces but i wanted to finish everything off in 1 hit now.

the killer is all the stuff you don't think about. like the Motec ECU, u pay for it $3500, then, all the little extra things u need to turn on like dual lambda (even though i will be tuning by EGT), advanced functions, logging etc all that adds up to another $2000+. i think we will be logging just about everything, i think we may even put a sensor in my pants so i know if i crap myself
LOL - I actually did laugh out loud at that! Too funny!

Yeah - it's surprising just how quick everything adds up eh! We have put a couple of sensors on the car for logging, so I will start with those and then see if there is anything else we need. I downloaded the AMS manual on the weekend - looks pretty straight forward, so keen to start getting more familiar with that and also having a look at the logs that it keeps as well.

February isnt far off....it'll be here before you know it!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #153
prasac
Banned

Quote:
LOL - I actually did laugh out loud at that! Too funny!

Yeah - it's surprising just how quick everything adds up eh! We have put a couple of sensors on the car for logging, so I will start with those and then see if there is anything else we need. I downloaded the AMS manual on the weekend - looks pretty straight forward, so keen to start getting more familiar with that and also having a look at the logs that it keeps as well.

February isnt far off....it'll be here before you know it!
3 months, it does fly. it's been a month or so since i did anything on it.

will be alot of fun. the good thing about the APSA and Outlaw 10.5, a little 281ci backyard bruiser can line up against the likes of the big $, big block boys like Campo, Frank Mamone and the Top Doorslammers. i don't stand a chance but i have my own personal goals. there is an event in Sydney on May 10th, you could run in Pro Street Blown, Outlaw 10.5 or if u threw a set of Radials on even Outlaw Radial, you'd do pretty well in PSB and Radial.

you need to log as much as u can, it ends up becoming extremely valuable. plus gotta keep the tuner happy, whatever he wanted i got. from what i have seen the AMS looks pretty easy to control and got a few handy little functions.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #154
adz790

thats quickkk
adz790 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #155
adz790

and in a street carrrrrrrr
adz790 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #156
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz790
and in a street carrrrrrrr
Ths capri is a street car, but my falcon has been retired from street duties now. Just a race car as I move forward with it
Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #157
CYC06T

Quote:
3 months, it does fly. it's been a month or so since i did anything on it.

will be alot of fun. the good thing about the APSA and Outlaw 10.5, a little 281ci backyard bruiser can line up against the likes of the big $, big block boys like Campo, Frank Mamone and the Top Doorslammers. i don't stand a chance but i have my own personal goals. there is an event in Sydney on May 10th, you could run in Pro Street Blown, Outlaw 10.5 or if u threw a set of Radials on even Outlaw Radial, you'd do pretty well in PSB and Radial.

you need to log as much as u can, it ends up becoming extremely valuable. plus gotta keep the tuner happy, whatever he wanted i got. from what i have seen the AMS looks pretty easy to control and got a few handy little functions.
Yeah - I will endeavour to log as much as possible. Will be spending some time on the weekend with the boys learning how to do it all, while we prep the car for next Friday. Im pumped already!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #158
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Ths capri is a street car, but my falcon has been retired from street duties now. Just a race car as I move forward with it
Joe's had the Capri too long to retire her from the street, she has went strong for over 20 years.

hopefully won't be too hot next Friday.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #159
CYC06T

Quote:
Joe's had the Capri too long to retire her from the street, she has went strong for over 20 years.

hopefully won't be too hot next Friday.
Yeah - this hot humid weather is killing me! Wont make it any easier at the track in a damn race suit!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #160
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Yeah - this hot humid weather is killing me! Wont make it any easier at the track in a damn race suit!
one of the reasons i'm not rushing to finish the car hopefully late Feb, early March it will be cooler
Old 09-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #161
CYC06T

Quote:
one of the reasons i'm not rushing to finish the car hopefully late Feb, early March it will be cooler
Maybe, but often times it is even hotter then. I guess we will see. The weather is all a bit crazy at the moment
Old 09-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #162
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Maybe, but often times it is even hotter then. I guess we will see. The weather is all a bit crazy at the moment
bloody global warming it's all those NOS and NA cars running C16 creating holes in the atmosphere. at least us hairdryer guys move with the times and are eco-friendly and run on E85
Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #163
CYC06T

Quote:
bloody global warming it's all those NOS and NA cars running C16 creating holes in the atmosphere. at least us hairdryer guys move with the times and are eco-friendly and run on E85
Amen to that! We should be applauded for going eco-friendly.

Is it full throttle friday yet??
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #164
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Amen to that! We should be applauded for going eco-friendly.

Is it full throttle friday yet??
can't wait the ignition parts we ordered from the US are here, off to see Bob from Thundercords on the weekend to make the leads up and good to go.

dinosaur engines need dinosaur fuel even our engines are alot more eco-friendly

i remember taking my engine in to Northmead Auto Centre so we can build it, Norm is one of the best pushrod engine and gearbox builders u will meet (built engines and boxes for Arby, Johnny Habib, Staunch Racing Torana's) looked at me and jokingly scratched his head and said ''dude, why is there 3 spare cams'' he didn't believe they could make big power, but having seen what they are doing in the US with them he has changed

they love their Fords at Northmead Auto Centre. Nick one of the young fella's there has finished building a tough lil NA 4L for his FG, just waiting for Autotech to tune it, should put out close to if not more than 250rwkw.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #165
CYC06T

Quote:
can't wait the ignition parts we ordered from the US are here, off to see Bob from Thundercords on the weekend to make the leads up and good to go.

dinosaur engines need dinosaur fuel even our engines are alot more eco-friendly

i remember taking my engine in to Northmead Auto Centre so we can build it, Norm is one of the best pushrod engine and gearbox builders u will meet (built engines and boxes for Arby, Johnny Habib, Staunch Racing Torana's) looked at me and jokingly scratched his head and said ''dude, why is there 3 spare cams'' he didn't believe they could make big power, but having seen what they are doing in the US with them he has changed

they love their Fords at Northmead Auto Centre. Nick one of the young fella's there has finished building a tough lil NA 4L for his FG, just waiting for Autotech to tune it, should put out close to if not more than 250rwkw.
Good to know about the Northmead guys. Are you local to around there. I am in Kellyville Ridge.

Its always good when new stuff turns up! Very cool!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #166
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Good to know about the Northmead guys. Are you local to around there. I am in Kellyville Ridge.

Its always good when new stuff turns up! Very cool!
Norm does alot of the Neal Trans boxes also, he rebuilds, services or repairs when needed. the NOS boys go thru alot of input shafts he doesn't advertise like the other gearbox guys, it's more word of mouth. apart from the others i listed he does boxes for the Fowler's, Pardo, GOD383 all which are championship winning cars. Spiro sends alot of his customers up to Norm, bloody Greeks

i'm just around the corner from you, im in Marsden Park/Schofields

Last edited by prasac; 10-11-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #167
CYC06T

Quote:
Norm does alot of the Neal Trans boxes also, he rebuilds, services or repairs when needed. the NOS boys go thru alot of input shafts he doesn't advertise like the other gearbox guys, it's more word of mouth. apart from the others i listed he does boxes for the Fowler's, Pardo, GOD383 all which are championship winning cars. Spiro sends alot of his customers up to Norm, bloody Greeks

i'm just around the corner from you, im in Marsden Park/Schofields
Sweet - I used to live in Scho'ies for a while and have been around Rouse Hill and Stanhope Gardens, Kellyville Ridge areas in the last 8 years or so. Cool.

It is good to know he has experience with the Neal trans boxes. I am not sure how frequently I should sevice the thing, so perhaps whouls give him a call. TRP use a guy in Wollongong and he is good, but takes forever. Awesome to know there is someone close by that can help me when needed.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #168
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Sweet - I used to live in Scho'ies for a while and have been around Rouse Hill and Stanhope Gardens, Kellyville Ridge areas in the last 8 years or so. Cool.

It is good to know he has experience with the Neal trans boxes. I am not sure how frequently I should sevice the thing, so perhaps whouls give him a call. TRP use a guy in Wollongong and he is good, but takes forever. Awesome to know there is someone close by that can help me when needed.
it's a great area to live.

they should be serviced after the end of every season, the old Capri box and the box in the Corolla have gone years without a service, but they weren't making big power only around 1000hp flywheel.

Norm knows the Neal boxes very well. he did/does Campo's, the Capri box has a 1600hp Neal box, i ordered all the good bits from the 3000hp box for mine and Norm built it. we have been getting boxes off Norm for close to 20 years

Norm's happy to help, no matter where someone had the box done. he is usually very fast, if u tell him u need it back quickly. we are friends as well as customers, we have dropped a box off to him on a Wednesday and had it back to race on a Saturday.

are you running the Compressor Oil or the F-type stuff?

Last edited by prasac; 10-11-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #169
CYC06T

Quote:
it's a great area to live.

they should be serviced after the end of every season, the old Capri box and the box in the Corolla have gone years without a service, but they weren't making big power only around 1000hp flywheel.

Norm knows the Neal boxes very well. he did/does Campo's, the Capri box has a 1600hp Neal box, i ordered all the good bits from the 3000hp box for mine and Norm built it. we have been getting boxes off Norm for close to 20 years

Norm's happy to help, no matter where someone had the box done. he is usually very fast, if u tell him u need it back quickly. we are friends as well as customers, we have dropped a box off to him on a Wednesday and had it back to race on a Saturday.

are you running the Compressor Oil or the F-type stuff?
Thats good to know about Norm. I have the same box as the capri in mine. I got it through Campo, great guy to deal with and quick, efficient and cost effective solution, with an awesome product. You just couldnt build a box like that over here for less than almost twice what I paid for the box and it hasnt skipped a beat.

I am not sure what oil is being run in it, I will check with Dom on the weekend. ANy particular one you have found to have good success with, or that Norm recommends, knowing the boxes so well?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #170
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Thats good to know about Norm. I have the same box as the capri in mine. I got it through Campo, great guy to deal with and quick, efficient and cost effective solution, with an awesome product. You just couldnt build a box like that over here for less than almost twice what I paid for the box and it hasnt skipped a beat.

I am not sure what oil is being run in it, I will check with Dom on the weekend. ANy particular one you have found to have good success with, or that Norm recommends, knowing the boxes so well?
Norm told us to do the same thing, quick call to Campo and we had the stuff here in a week. like you said, there was noone in Australia that can do a glide for the price we paid. i had the case etc, so we got a good price on just the internals and Norm whacked it all together. he's got those 900hp boxes for like $1300, Joe got Norm to do him a similar box, it was 5+ years ago he paid just on double that and it didn't have some of the good bits that has

i don't think Campo has any of the AMSOIL compressor oil left, i rang the other week. its the 46 grade. we got some of the HI-TEC oils stuff. i spoke with Matt Lisle (MrEnforcer has that twin turbo Ford Probe run mid 6's) and Ash Hamblin (6-sec TT altered) about it, the specs are the same as the AMSOIL, however, Matt uses the 32 instead of the 46 being a bit thinner it helps him spool up quicker, u could use the 46 as you got the NOS to help anyway. his oil temps with the comp oil compared to the F-type has dropped heaps. he went from 150 degrees down to 90 degrees, and he is getting more runs out of it. Joe was a little worried, but, you can use it for the street as well, its not just for racing which is good. we haven't run it yet, Joe doesn't want to pull the box out yet, it has only been in for a meet or 2. probably at start of next year pull it out, empty the converter and run the compressor oil.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #171
CYC06T

Quote:
Norm told us to do the same thing, quick call to Campo and we had the stuff here in a week. like you said, there was noone in Australia that can do a glide for the price we paid. i had the case etc, so we got a good price on just the internals and Norm whacked it all together. he's got those 900hp boxes for like $1300, Joe got Norm to do him a similar box, it was 5+ years ago he paid just on double that and it didn't have some of the good bits that has

i don't think Campo has any of the AMSOIL compressor oil left, i rang the other week. its the 46 grade. we got some of the HI-TEC oils stuff. i spoke with Matt Lisle (MrEnforcer has that twin turbo Ford Probe run mid 6's) and Ash Hamblin (6-sec TT altered) about it, the specs are the same as the AMSOIL, however, Matt uses the 32 instead of the 46 being a bit thinner it helps him spool up quicker, u could use the 46 as you got the NOS to help anyway. his oil temps with the comp oil compared to the F-type has dropped heaps. he went from 150 degrees down to 90 degrees, and he is getting more runs out of it. Joe was a little worried, but, you can use it for the street as well, its not just for racing which is good. we haven't run it yet, Joe doesn't want to pull the box out yet, it has only been in for a meet or 2. probably at start of next year pull it out, empty the converter and run the compressor oil.
The box has only done about 25 passes or so this season. I will definitely give Norm a call at some point to get the box serviced.

I have dropped the car of to the fabricators - SpeedFab, to finish of the intake and add some more bling. The car should look sweet for Friday night.
Old 13-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #172
prasac
Banned

Quote:
The box has only done about 25 passes or so this season. I will definitely give Norm a call at some point to get the box serviced.

I have dropped the car of to the fabricators - SpeedFab, to finish of the intake and add some more bling. The car should look sweet for Friday night.
sweet as, u will be happy with him. as i said we have been dealing with him for 20 years. he won't **** in your pocket and crap on like some gearbox guys do he will tell it to you straight. he gets alot of boxes in that other guys have done.

some more bling, is it a race car or a drag car? it's funny how many drag cars are now show car quality. things have changed from 10 years ago. back then it was it had to go good. now it has to go good and look good
Old 13-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #173
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

The funny thing is the cars look better go better and yet the crowd just doesn't turn up like it did 10 years ago.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #174
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
The funny thing is the cars look better go better and yet the crowd just doesn't turn up like it did 10 years ago.
cars have to look good now i think. alot of guys rely on support from sponsors. the crowds at the Track championships are a joke. more people come to a full throttle friday or test and tune. even, not as many cars get out for a track championship, we have went to 2 this year mainly just to test, there weren't alot of cars as u know yourself.
Old 14-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #175
CYC06T

Quote:
cars have to look good now i think. alot of guys rely on support from sponsors. the crowds at the Track championships are a joke. more people come to a full throttle friday or test and tune. even, not as many cars get out for a track championship, we have went to 2 this year mainly just to test, there weren't alot of cars as u know yourself.
I like the thought of a super well presented car that just rolls off quick passes. To me, one of the things I love about the sport is that you can still have looks and killer ET's at the same time. I see so many big $ outfits with immaculate looking machines and it just makes me want one too, so I have put a bit of time and effort recently into getting the looks side of things back on track, now that we have got the performance side moving forward and achieving some of the goals I wanted to achieve. Hopefully, if it doesnt rain this Friday as predicted, pretty much the finished article will roll up on the line

As for crowds, I must admit it does seem to be dwindling. Its a shame, because it is such an interesting sport.
Old 14-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #176
prasac
Banned

Quote:
I like the thought of a super well presented car that just rolls off quick passes. To me, one of the things I love about the sport is that you can still have looks and killer ET's at the same time. I see so many big $ outfits with immaculate looking machines and it just makes me want one too, so I have put a bit of time and effort recently into getting the looks side of things back on track, now that we have got the performance side moving forward and achieving some of the goals I wanted to achieve. Hopefully, if it doesnt rain this Friday as predicted, pretty much the finished article will roll up on the line

As for crowds, I must admit it does seem to be dwindling. Its a shame, because it is such an interesting sport.
Joe's was all bling bling when it first came out. over time and street driving it's hard to maintain. i was gonna tidy mine up after the season is over and the car is all sorted. freshen it all up, new colour etc. i prefer black (Stealth) over bling, there isn't much bling on my car, probably just the intake manifold (when i first got it, i wrapped it all up etc, now it gets treated like crap with spanners, sockets etc being put on it ) GrooveRyder, Dave (electrician) made everything look so neat and tidy i'd feel bad if i mess it up

the crowds still come if u market it well, APSA events, Jambo etc pull in big crowds. they have stands, fun stuff for the kids etc.

be good to see the car in the flesh on Friday, i know Joe was very impressed by it.
Old 14-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #177
CYC06T

Quote:
Joe's was all bling bling when it first came out. over time and street driving it's hard to maintain. i was gonna tidy mine up after the season is over and the car is all sorted. freshen it all up, new colour etc. i prefer black (Stealth) over bling, there isn't much bling on my car, probably just the intake manifold (when i first got it, i wrapped it all up etc, now it gets treated like crap with spanners, sockets etc being put on it ) GrooveRyder, Dave (electrician) made everything look so neat and tidy i'd feel bad if i mess it up

the crowds still come if u market it well, APSA events, Jambo etc pull in big crowds. they have stands, fun stuff for the kids etc.

be good to see the car in the flesh on Friday, i know Joe was very impressed by it.
Yeah it is hard to maintain the car when it is constantly being worked on. Having said that, I am just trying to find a balance between looks and performance that I can live with, and that makes the photos look sweet at the track

Make sure you swing by and say gday on Friday. I will try and do the same. Let sjust hope the rain stays away!
Old 14-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #178
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Yeah it is hard to maintain the car when it is constantly being worked on. Having said that, I am just trying to find a balance between looks and performance that I can live with, and that makes the photos look sweet at the track

Make sure you swing by and say gday on Friday. I will try and do the same. Let sjust hope the rain stays away!
will do.

you going to put the car in Extreme or Zoom or something?
Old 14-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #179
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Joes car is damn nice for a street / strip car it looks great. There is a bigger crowd on a Wednesday night then a TC round lol.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #180
CYC06T

Quote:
will do.

you going to put the car in Extreme or Zoom or something?
Yeah - definitely wanting too. When it was a street car it was in issue 11 of Street Fords way back when....

I wouldnt mind articles in both to be honest. I know a magazine has asked Dom when they could do a shoot, but I wanted to concentrate on getting the car going. Now that we have achieved that, I wanted the car to look a little more presentable, now that I have achieved that, I wanted to make sure I was driving it, so I can tick that box too. I will now consider photo shoots from here on in! Its always good fun to be in mags, its a good recognition and payback for all of the hard work .