Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #151
Go Fords!!
CRU63R

I see in the reflection of the car there is a black BA??...have a look where the fuel lid is and maybe a zoom in might be able to shed some more info on it

1963 1/2 Galaxie 500XL 2dr Fastback
390FE
Auto
Bucket Seats
Old 05-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #152
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy
ok ive got new pic's sent to me 22 of them

WILL PM a good one
22 pics!!!! far out

cam
Old 05-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #153
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
From memory, that information is almost verbatim from what GTP200 had on ebay for the sale of this vehicle not too long ago.
This info is on the RUSH dvd under 'car profile'

cam
Old 05-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #154
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
go stampy go u can do it :
sorry cam but it's amusing in a way
The police think that a 'clone' of the car may have been made, so stampy, you may take delivery

qwigybo - at the moment im not laughing. I will be when I find these pricks behind bars.

cam
Old 05-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #155
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
it's cam trying to get us all rowled up he made the fake posting on carpoint to begin with
LOL - Arn't the forums exciting enough as they are???

cam
Old 05-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #156
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooky
Cam I know its a long shot but is that the original exhaust tip? also knowing how you used to drive it, is that the original tyre tread pattern?
hehehe, good spot kooky.

I must have had the tyres just replaced. But I havnt bought YOKOs in over a year or more.

cam
Old 05-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #157
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 200
The police think that a 'clone' of the car may have been made, so stampy, you may take delivery
cam
Thats a bloody good clone, they even put your stuff in it :
Old 05-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #158
TuMor
its not a!

Awsome read, i hope it all works out aye...Hope you find him and do a burnout on his face with your GT-P, punishment enough dont you think?

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #159
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Dunno if its worthwhile posting this info, but i did see a small antena on the rear window, and a small bluish type sticker on the bottom of the windscreen (passenger side) you can see the top of a sticker near the edge of the wing.
Dunno if this helps or sets your car apart from a clone or whatever.
But hope it all works out and the scum gets caught.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #160
Miss_Aly
Queen Bee

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the work on cruises and the money raised for charity. 

I have just finished reading the 7 pages

The race is on!! Will FF members beat the cops in finding this *****??
Old 05-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #161
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Aly

Almost Certain FF will win in the end.....
Old 05-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #162
ben_725

hey guys ive just read through all the pages of this and think that it is just rediculous. anyway i had a bit of a play with one of the photo with colours and that, and all i can come up with is that the plate has been chopped, just my 2c but hope its all figured out soon.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #163
HLC
Audi S3

again, this is still very creepy :|
Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 AM   #164
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_725
hey guys ive just read through all the pages of this and think that it is just rediculous. anyway i had a bit of a play with one of the photo with colours and that, and all i can come up with is that the plate has been chopped, just my 2c but hope its all figured out soon.
I've seen the numerous larger photos, and i can garantee 1000% that the plates on the car are real, trust me. I've seen it from 4 different angles, in different light, and its impossible to chop them that realistic, trust me
Old 06-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #165
micksta

anything been done about it yet ??

pay'd this dude a visit and sent him on his way to the dentist ??
Old 06-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #166
Dan.
Starter Motor

Why stop at the dentist :p.

Whoa, first thread I've read in FF, I like this forum already .

GL in finding the ***** man...
Old 06-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #167
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

At least we know where the photos where taken now its time to track the person down. ing_sm
Old 06-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #168
EL_Alley_Cat
Me-ow

Just read 7 pages, wow you lot are good detectives know where to come if anything happens to me!! What an ИИИИ hope he rots the ahole, any developments? ИИИИИИ what an jerk, anyone get anymore details?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #169
frenzal
EF XR6

interesting stuff.

still a bit confused as to how someone with such a nice/valuable car can lose his spare keys though....
Old 06-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #170
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Cam, I still can't wait for the film to come out. If you need some back ground people give us a hoy. Maybe get a bunch of FF members...........scary thought!!!
What film? . . The one where my car is put on carpoint for $18,500???

cam
Old 06-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #171
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
What film? . . The one where my car is put on carpoint for $18,500???

cam
I am speaking of a new film made by you!!! This whole scam thing can be part of the plot!!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #172
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphixboy
Just wondering... Do Carpoint have a trust account? I don't think so! Cant wait for you (Aeron) to post to the thread "his invoice" and "more details about the transaction"....

This thread is great reading.... I hope it works out like in the movies and bad guy gets it!

Do you feel violated Cam? I don't think I would if I saw my baby(gt) on ebay/carpoint etc... I think it would be a great car conversation for years to come... The only thing he has stolen at the moment is the pix.

In saying that, these people need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, because someone will think this is all for real and will part with there hard earned cash for a car that was never for sale.
Hi graphixboy, my thoughts exactly. I feel really bad (no matter how gullible some people can be), that someone may part with their hard-earned money to these low lying crooks.

I don't feel so much violated, probably taken advantage of more. The real icing on the cake is the crooks e-mail replies; using my name really hurts.

This whole thing reminds me of the time my wheels were pinched and seeing the GT-P half up on bricks in my garage. Really brings a tear to your eye, as those photos of the car on bricks ive never made public and never will.

On a good note, I feel really good that the FF community have rallied together to help catch these scum bags, without your help, I'd not have much to go on.

Thanks for all your continued help. It really means a lot to me.

cam
Old 06-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #173
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMor
Awsome read, i hope it all works out aye...Hope you find him and do a burnout on his face with your GT-P, punishment enough dont you think?
Big fat burnouts in 3rd gear. . . down to the steel belts!!!

cam
Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #174
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Aly

It’s going to be a close call!!!!

It is great to know that there are so many people on the hunt. Unless FF can organise warrants to enter and search, my money is on the boys in blue, only just though!!

cam
Old 06-04-2006, 11:25 PM   #175
Jet-Star

So no crooks caught yet?
Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #176
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

** UPDATE **

1. If anyone has been sent payment or bank account details from the crooks, pls PM me and I'll put you in touch with the Victoria Police Stolen Car Squad. This information will be treated confidentially and your help will be instrumental in the possible prosecute / capture of these crooks.

After I examined my archive of sent items in my e-mail around the 22 of feb 2005 and discovered the following:

What was the car doing there?: It was days before the FPV family day and I must have had my car at VIP to get it washed and lipstick on the tyres, etc etc.

Who took the photos?: Turns out I did, with Alan’s Cybershot. They are part of a set of 24 photos I took. I didn’t recognise them because I’ve taken several thousand photos of my car over the last few years. I had to restore a backup drive to get the original images to verify, which still took 2 and a half hours to find.

Why did I take the photos?: From what I can gather, at that time my insurance needed renewing and Shannons asked me to take fresh photos for assessment purposes. I can tell because I had sent Shannons an e-mail with the photos.

How did the crooks get the photos?: This is the 64 million dollar question. I know for sure that Shannons were not involved in the scam because I had only sent 11 photos, and not 24. There have been some photos I did not send Shannons which have been sent to potential buyers on this scam.

What I can conclude is when I took the photos; I had uploaded them to a folder on the gtmovie.com web server which I believed was not visible to the public and password protected. I uploaded them because I didn’t have any CD-RW disks to burn the images on at the time.

I only had the images on the web server for a few days. This must have been long enough for the crooks to hack in and download them. Some how they must have hacked ‘root-access’ to the gtmovie.com web server and slipped in from there. I’ve had a look at my server log files and they only go back as far as 12 months. The crooks may have known about the 12 month expiry of the logs, which may be why they have waited all this time to create the scam.

I’ve since changed all my passwords to the web server and removed any files which don’t need to be there.

The Stolen car squad said today that this appears to be a carefully conducted scam as the crooks had to sit on the photos for over a year before they executed it. It appears the crooks have done their homework to maximise the effectiveness of the scam. Well I think the crooks are just plain stupid, heartless and scum.

I’ll wait for any PMs from FF members who may have more details which could help with the ongoing investigation.

I really hope this gets resolved soon; I’m busting to get back behind the wheel and go for a fang in the GT-P.

cam

Last edited by Laminge; 09-04-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #177
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

One thing that I have just thought of.
If someone does get fooled into sending the guy a deposit, then doesn't hear anything and sees you driving along, thay might think you have their money and you ripped them off and try to get there money back.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:22 AM   #178
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hey cam...

Good to hear in the end that your car hadn't been stolen.

I'm a bit suss about the hacking part. I work for one of Australia's biggest webhosting companies, and to hack a password protected directory or root password isn't that easy. Trust me.

As some statatitions may know - 6 degrees of seperation (A firend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend) - you will probably know who this is, or at least who passed the photos onto them. Either way, nice car - I shall now refer to you as Mr. GTHO!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 07-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #179
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:

This whole thing reminds me of the time my wheels were pinched and seeing the GT-P half up on bricks in my garage. Really brings a tear to your eye, as those photos of the car on bricks ive never made public and never will.
cam
Oh YES they have Cam!.. Remember? See below. (BTW, good luck with this whole fiasco)
Regards Charlie

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread...=stolen+wheels
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 07-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #180
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
One thing that I have just thought of.
If someone does get fooled into sending the guy a deposit, then doesn't hear anything and sees you driving along, thay might think you have their money and you ripped them off and try to get there money back.
I'd say that if someone does fall victim of this scam and they don't hear anything back from the crooks, they will contact the police and then be informed of the situation.

Maybe the guy with the XF Falcon Ghia who said a few months ago that I was driving a mock up GT-P at the servo has something more to say to me

cam
Closed Thread