Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #121
Boss 290

i already have a mrs and i already had her before i ownd the gt. she loves it and admits it looks alot better then some jap cars. i think if i was single with the gt completely stock i would still reel the ladies in comfortably lol i used to do it with the el stock standard. so obviously its not about what car you drive, if the girl is decent you talk and get to know her. get her number and thats it. simple as that. i think we have already established the fact that girls love ricers. i can see why. they kind of have a sporty look. not quite like a ferrari but sleek like one with nice body kits and cost 10 times less. thats the great value in them. but i just dont think some falcons and commies should be regarded family car. i say xr's, fpvs, ss and hsv's are performance cars with room. i wouldnt say family car first then performance. and it is more then just a family car if you wanna lower it, put cromes on it and have a loud exaust. if that is a family car then i wish i grew up with my dad driveing a car like that lol. if all those cars are family cars then the thousands of youths driving vl turbos are driving family cars too. and i wouldnt trust one of them with my family lol
Old 13-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #122
muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAturb
then I must have a "sports" car then, it has only got 2 doors :
Yeah same here lol.
I must admit ,having around 500 hp helps just a little bit.
I dont know what you guys are talking about I have people male /female, 10 to 70 all staring and pointing when I drive my old family barge down the road to pick the kids up from school lol.
What about the people that turn their sports cars into pos that cant even go around corners. I was behind a guy the other day in his very nice looking 200sx. It was so funny I had tears rolling down my cheeks he had lowered it so much and put such big wheels on it he had to slow down for every corner and dodge every bump and the thing bounced around that much that he could not keep it in a strait line. It amazes me when people spend money on their cars to make them worse. So much for owning a sports car , the girls would have loved it though lol.
Old 13-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #123
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
Yeah same here lol.
I must admit ,having around 500 hp helps just a little bit.
I dont know what you guys are talking about I have people male /female, 10 to 70 all staring and pointing when I drive my old family barge down the road to pick the kids up from school lol.
What about the people that turn their sports cars into pos that cant even go around corners. I was behind a guy the other day in his very nice looking 200sx. It was so funny I had tears rolling down my cheeks he had lowered it so much and put such big wheels on it he had to slow down for every corner and dodge every bump and the thing bounced around that much that he could not keep it in a strait line. It amazes me when people spend money on their cars to make them worse. So much for owning a sports car , the girls would have loved it though lol.
yeh when people do that it loses the title of being sporty imo it gets the title of **** box
Old 13-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #124
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
just laugh and say that bodykit prob adds more weight then actually works......whats he trying to make up for anyways.
in saying that i had an r33 AWD for about a week and it would crap on most v8's stock as a rock though except apparently they came std with a turbo this didnt have one
R33 GT - AWD, 4cyl N/A (i think GT is the right model designantion)

R33 GTS-T Rear Wheel Drive, 6cyl Turbo

R33 GT-R AWD Twin Turbo 6 cyl weapon.

thats the limit of my knowledge lol a mate just bought an R33 GTS-T
Old 13-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #125
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
R33 GT - AWD, 4cyl N/A (i think GT is the right model designantion)

R33 GTS-T Rear Wheel Drive, 6cyl Turbo

R33 GT-R AWD Twin Turbo 6 cyl weapon.

thats the limit of my knowledge lol a mate just bought an R33 GTS-T
Um no last generation Skyline, was a 4 Cylinder.

Except DR30s and early model ones.
Old 13-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #126
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Um no last generation Skyline, was a 4 Cylinder.

Except DR30s and early model ones.
by last generation do you mean R34?

my mates R33 is a GTS-t 6cyl turbo. and aside from what i posted before, thats all i know. nothin a quick google search couldnt fix i guess.
Old 13-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #127
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

R33's didnt have a 4 cyl option.
Old 13-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #128
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
by last generation do you mean R34?

my mates R33 is a GTS-t 6cyl turbo. and aside from what i posted before, thats all i know. nothin a quick google search couldnt fix i guess.
R32s,R33s and R34s yeah that's basically what I meant.

Anyway I think what you were looking for is a GTS, which is a RB25DE.;)
Old 13-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #129
muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
yeh when people do that it loses the title of being sporty imo it gets the title of **** box
The funny thing was this guy thought his car was the greatest thing on the road. He had number plates that insinuated that everyone must hate him because his car was so good and at every set of lights he would turn the stereo up and look around to see if anyone was looking at him lol. He looked in his rear vision mirror at me a few times and saw me laughing my head off. I even got the feeling he knew why I was laughing.
Old 13-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #130
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
R32s,R33s and R34s yeah that's basically what I meant.

Anyway I think what you were looking for is a GTS, which is a RB25DE.;)
my bad :
Old 13-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #131
Boss 290

all you can do is laugh at those tools lol
Old 13-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #132
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
LOL TYPHOON EVEN.. IT WAS AQUICK GLANCE.. e very quick one at that! lmfao.. Hmmm no bonnet bulge, different front bar... hmm not to mention the fact its turboed... no gt here (MY BAD)
Well that explains why he keeps his car so pretty and shiney all the time, NO BULGE : .
Old 13-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #133
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Well that explains why he keeps his car so pretty and shiney all the time, NO BULGE : .
Ye I only use my 'bulge' for good not evil, I don't feel the need for an extension just yet haha :
Old 13-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #134
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I think a certain band got it right in a chorus of one of their songs !

Girls dont like boys,
Girls like cars and money !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 13-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #135
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Ye I only use my 'bulge' for good not evil, I don't feel the need for an extension just yet haha :
No extensions here mate, the bulge is there for a reason. Evil : .
Old 13-11-2006, 03:14 PM   #136
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Big Sedan = family car.

FPV, HSV = sporty family car.
Finaly, somone who turned their brain on this morning.

Old 13-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #137
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
I think a certain band got it right in a chorus of one of their songs !

Girls dont like boys,
Girls like cars and money !
worst. band. ever.
Old 13-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #138
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
Well ur pretty spot on its a matter of going with the flow.. I love imports but im bred with blue blood.. and my fords my life....
You think the same as me. My fords are my life. I do like some imports though. I even went to the jamboree one year : . But have gone to summernats : , nostalgia drags : i never miss and powercruise :eclipsee_ ......(the list goes on). I just love the astmosphere in general but can't go past V8's and fords for that matter. Just grew up with them and they are part of me. Sounds corny i know. LOL.
Old 13-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #139
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

So by some of your definitions a ricer is a basic car with a big plastic body kit, big alloys, some engine mods and an exhaust..............................thinks of GT

i'm sorry but alot of you guys are seriously narrow minded. Just because you guys like big V8's doesn't mean every one should. I'm apart of Skyline Australia I own a skyline and will NEVER own an Australian built FORD!!!! I work for Ford and have seen the quality that comes out of the factory. My 95 skyline is built better than the cars that roll of the production line in Melbourne.

Boss 290 it shows what type of relationship you have if your worried about you GF looking at other cars
Old 13-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #140
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500
So by some of your definitions a ricer is a basic car with a big plastic body kit, big alloys, some engine mods and an exhaust..............................thinks of GT

i'm sorry but alot of you guys are seriously narrow minded. Just because you guys like big V8's doesn't mean every one should. I'm apart of Skyline Australia I own a skyline and will NEVER own an Australian built FORD!!!! I work for Ford and have seen the quality that comes out of the factory. My 95 skyline is built better than the cars that roll of the production line in Melbourne.

Boss 290 it shows what type of relationship you have if your worried about you GF looking at other cars
gt comes stock with all those things..a supra looks crap with out a body kit and are slow when stock. im not narrow minded i have already said that i like some ricers on numerous posts. there is noway your skylne is better built then my gt. you also have no idea on my relationship with my gf. she loves my car but she also likes those little ricers. thats not enough to make me upset, i take notice on some nice ricers too. when i started this thread i just wanted to see what peoples thoughts were about these types of cars and why most girls like them and consider all commies and falcons family cars.
Old 13-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #141
photn
AFF Post NAZI

the answer to this question come down to Personal Preference and what the girl likes and thinks is cool. My gf goes nuts over VL calais (yes i know VL) but when i see a decent one i say to her look thats a nice one.....the deal with RICER cars as you put it is they do the engine up (ie Civics) bodykit and rims and exhaust and all that to give it a meaner look. again...the bodykit and all that are personal preference. different bodykits and all that jazz.....its all about Unique ness and a performance look... even though some mods arent performance.....the Think with ricer cars is that over in Asia they dont have big block v8's and all that stuff. they have turbo 6's and turbo 4's. so the car style is different. its also about background.

Ricer cars arent just ricer cars because they have bodykits and spoilers and rims and all that. its when its done poorly (like many are) that make them wannabees and all that..

BTW many Ricer cars would beat the pants off your GT. alot of skylines, supras and evos. not to mention mazda's.....stock maybee not. but the skylines would.

Old 13-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #142
Wally
XP Coupe

So what's the difference between "ricers" and the guys in the 70's who slapped Mickey Thompsons on the back of their Holdens and Fords, had giant whip aerials, chrome striping, chrome rocker cover screws, fuzzy dice and a bedroom in the back of the PVs?
Old 13-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #143
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

haha look what a friend found,

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...pic=143155&hl=

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
Old 13-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #144
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

Quote:
haha look what a friend found,
yeah i started that thread...

I'm sorry but some of you guys come out and and accuse all import owners as Ricers, This doesn't sit down well with the majority of the import community.
Old 13-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #145
Boss 290

Quote:

I'm sorry but some of you guys come out and and accuse all import owners as Ricers, This doesn't sit down well with the majority of the import community.
the people arnt ricer it is the car...yes i am aware that many stock ricers may beat the gt. wrx and evo but they are alot smaller and dont have room for 5 people (comfortably) big boot and the ability to tow a large object effortlessly.
p.s you aint steeling our partners lol. the girls like the fact that we can look good and carry all their shopping in the boot. so cheers
Old 13-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #146
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
So what's the difference between "ricers" and the guys in the 70's who slapped Mickey Thompsons on the back of their Holdens and Fords, had giant whip aerials, chrome striping, chrome rocker cover screws, fuzzy dice and a bedroom in the back of the PVs?
Whats the Diff ?, nothing we had crap back then as well
Old 13-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #147
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

But isn't weird how you painted the rest of us with the same brush much the same way that BOSS290 did with "ricers".....

Ah well, it will bump that skyline sites stats up a bit
:
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 13-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #148
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
But isn't weird how you painted the rest of us with the same brush much the same way that BOSS290 did with "ricers".....

Ah well, it will bump that skyline sites stats up a bit
:
im so surprised to see the respnses i got with my thread lol. i never thought i would see a ricer come from another site to spread the word.. what a tosser. they're the ones who arnt getting laid trying to put body kits on little sh1t boxes to get attentions. i dont have a problem with all ricers. i like sti's and evos and 200sx. i just cant stand girls going crazy over an evo wannabe when they dont understand it was cheap as chips and only has a body kit and a fart muffler.
Old 13-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #149
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
wrx and evo but they are alot smaller and dont have room for 5 people (comfortably) big boot...
Neither can a Falcon or Commodore. We own a Commodore currently and have owned a Falcon before.

They do it better than WRX or EVO I'll give you that but for how bloody big the things are you would hope so lol!

My boot is pretty damn big, not far short of a Falcon or Commodore. I was quite suprised actually how big it is when I bought it, not that it will see much use.
Old 13-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #150
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_ed_wagon
Well well well the clowns have turned up to the circus, how funny is the kid who thinks his 95 skyline is a better built car than a ford.
Closed Thread