Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #121
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Makes me sick to think about but killing the guy (or letting him be bashed and raped etc) isn't going to help anyone. Its pretty sad that most people on here and elsewhere still think that primitively. Unless we can understand why he's done it what chance do we have of stopping the next guy that snaps and does something off the scale like this. Its not like this is a rare thing, we're only talking about it this time because of the extreme way he did it.
I don't want the guy walking around in public and he deserves to be punished for what he's done to everyone involved, especially the little girl, but if people are seriously (as in other than an angry, knee jerk reaction) hoping the guy gets raped or something, then you need to grow up.
Metal illness, people wont talk about it, us guys mostley, and it just gets worse unless people do something about it, ive been there done that, but not to this extreem, so if your feeling down about it, talk about it, it does not kill your ego to see somebody about it, not like we drive vn commodores anyway

i lost a close family friend due to metal illness, people just need to be aware,
it could happen to anyone

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Old 31-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #122
shane3
FPV GT 0915

I was sitting on the couch with Abby in my arms ( in front of the air con) and was brought to tears, how could it be done.
And why the hell hasn't the west gate got a safety barrier to stop people doing this???
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
Old 31-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #123
AndrewE

West Gate barriers fast-tracked: Brumby

The Victorian State Government will do "anything humanly possible" to fast-track suicide prevention barriers on the West Gate Bridge following the alleged murder of a four-year-old girl.

Victoria was shocked yesterday by the death of Darcey Freeman, who was found floating in the Yarra River after allegedly being dropped from a 58-metre section of the bridge.

Darcey's father, Arthur Phillip Freeman, is alleged to have thrown her off the West Gate about 9am - the Hawthorn man faced Melbourne Magistrates Court yesterday afternoon charged with her murder.

Premier John Brumby this morning said plans were already being drawn up to install barriers on the bridge after emergency talks with VicRoads yesterday.

"We are committed to putting in place the safety barriers on the bridge (and) we will do anything humanly possible to speed this up," he told ABC radio.

"When we committed to the bridge project we had a long discussion about the issue of the safety barriers.

"There has been a difference of opinion about whether this is the right thing to do. We received different advice about it."

Roads Minister Tim Pallas contacted the head of VicRoads immediately after hearing of Darcey Freeman's death yesterday to see if the work could be done more quickly.

"We've agreed that whatever we can do to accelerate the delivery of effective and well-structured suicide prevention barriers will be done," Mr Pallas told Radio 3AW.

"I've asked VicRoads to see if this part of the work, on the bridge, can be given our highest priority."

Mr Pallas was not able to say how much more quickly the barriers could be erected.

He defended the government's years of inaction on installing the barriers despite calls from the coroner and mental health experts for the higher fences.

"The expert advice says if you take away the capacity for impulse action you do have an effect upon the rate of suicides. So on the basis of that advice, I felt compelled," he said.

"The first opportunity that arose to actually do something about this in the context of appropriately-designed structures (through the bridge strengthening project), I took that action."
Old 31-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #124
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

i have 2 things to say my heart goes out to the family of the child and may the father get 25 to life no parole. that is just wrong so so wrong
Old 31-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #125
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewE
West Gate barriers fast-tracked: Brumby

The Victorian State Government will do "anything humanly possible" to fast-track suicide prevention barriers on the West Gate Bridge following the alleged murder of a four-year-old girl.

Victoria was shocked yesterday by the death of Darcey Freeman, who was found floating in the Yarra River after allegedly being dropped from a 58-metre section of the bridge.

Darcey's father, Arthur Phillip Freeman, is alleged to have thrown her off the West Gate about 9am - the Hawthorn man faced Melbourne Magistrates Court yesterday afternoon charged with her murder.

Premier John Brumby this morning said plans were already being drawn up to install barriers on the bridge after emergency talks with VicRoads yesterday.

"We are committed to putting in place the safety barriers on the bridge (and) we will do anything humanly possible to speed this up," he told ABC radio.

"When we committed to the bridge project we had a long discussion about the issue of the safety barriers.

"There has been a difference of opinion about whether this is the right thing to do. We received different advice about it."

Roads Minister Tim Pallas contacted the head of VicRoads immediately after hearing of Darcey Freeman's death yesterday to see if the work could be done more quickly.

"We've agreed that whatever we can do to accelerate the delivery of effective and well-structured suicide prevention barriers will be done," Mr Pallas told Radio 3AW.

"I've asked VicRoads to see if this part of the work, on the bridge, can be given our highest priority."

Mr Pallas was not able to say how much more quickly the barriers could be erected.

He defended the government's years of inaction on installing the barriers despite calls from the coroner and mental health experts for the higher fences.

"The expert advice says if you take away the capacity for impulse action you do have an effect upon the rate of suicides. So on the basis of that advice, I felt compelled," he said.

"The first opportunity that arose to actually do something about this in the context of appropriately-designed structures (through the bridge strengthening project), I took that action."

aren't these guys just lovely . it's great to see human decency and people doing something about it,at the 1st oportunity.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #126
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

In relation the West Gate Bridge, there is an average of about one jumper per week. The barriers should have been put up years ago. The Government has no excuse. I am worried about another Melbourne bridge which to my knowledge is far higher and not as well monitored by Vic Roads, if at all.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #127
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
I was sitting on the couch with Abby in my arms ( in front of the air con) and was brought to tears, how could it be done.
And why the hell hasn't the west gate got a safety barrier to stop people doing this???
How many times have you heard of a child being thrown of the WGB during the last 30 years! I can think of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
In relation the West Gate Bridge, there is an average of about one jumper per week. The barriers should have been put up years ago. The Government has no excuse. I am worried about another Melbourne bridge which to my knowledge is far higher and not as well monitored by Vic Roads, if at all.
So these people will not step infront for trucks or trains now traumatising more people than before.

Fences/barriers are not a solution
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 01-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #128
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

they should tie a anchor to his legs and trhow him over but make the rope long enough so his head is just under make the #$%^ suffer and fight for his last breath
Old 01-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #129
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
How many times have you heard of a child being thrown of the WGB during the last 30 years! I can think of one.

So these people will not step infront for trucks or trains now traumatising more people than before.

Fences/barriers are not a solution
I am not sure who has stated that they are a solution, perhaps the Government, but not I. My thoughts are that one wants to minimize the risk.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #130
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGODRIVEN
they should tie a anchor to his legs and trhow him over but make the rope long enough so his head is just under make the #$%^ suffer and fight for his last breath
The circumstances changed.
Yes, the guy is a turdburglar, but he also has severe mental issues so the case is not as clear.
He was apparently a wonderful father (according to neighbours) so he wasn't abusive.
He clearly just snapped.

While he will deserve any legal sentencing he gets (provided it actually is a punishment), to reciprocate will solve nothing and makes you just as bad as him.

The solution to many problems is never as simple as this.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #131
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
The circumstances changed.
Yes, the guy is a turdburglar, but he also has severe mental issues so the case is not as clear.
He was apparently a wonderful father (according to neighbours) so he wasn't abusive.
He clearly just snapped.

While he will deserve any legal sentencing he gets (provided it actually is a punishment), to reciprocate will solve nothing and makes you just as bad as him.

The solution to many problems is never as simple as this.

i take back what i previously posted and may he get the help that he obviously needs
Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #132
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGODRIVEN
i take back what i previously posted and may he get the help that he obviously needs

I wouldn't, taking your own life due to mental illness is one thing, but taking the life of another, of one so defenceless and dependant on your love and protection is inexcusable.

To then hide behind a defence of mental deficiency/instability is a cowards defence.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #133
XWGT