Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #1261
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Welcome Everyone.

sunnyjim, in answer to your question, have a look in the Paint and Panel section of the forum.

Cheers
Col
Old 22-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #1262
qikgrl

Well Hello everyone, Thanks for having me. I'm a born and bred Ford girl. My Car at the moment is a Winter white XR6T, 06 Bf MK11.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #1263
womma
Starter Motor

Hi I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a 2005 rear wheel drive territory with 130,000 ks, heavy duty towbar and electric brake for towing my 1600 kilo caravan.I have a problem with my ignition key not smoothly operating and only works if I joggle the key to turn it for ignition and starting. Is it possible to replace only the ignition barrel or do I have to replace the keys as well?
womma is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #1264
Telmar
Starter Motor

Hi All
I have browsed the site looking for info and thought it would be good to join.
Currently driving an FG XR6 and an SX Territory, at different times.
Telmar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #1265
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by womma
Hi I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a 2005 rear wheel drive territory with 130,000 ks, heavy duty towbar and electric brake for towing my 1600 kilo caravan.I have a problem with my ignition key not smoothly operating and only works if I joggle the key to turn it for ignition and starting. Is it possible to replace only the ignition barrel or do I have to replace the keys as well?
There is a thread in the technical portal (see the Tech link above) that discusses how to repair these for certain types of common faults. You can't replace just the barrel - the entire steering column needs to be replaced at a cost of somewhere between $1,500-2,000.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #1266
man_in_aus
Starter Motor

Hi all, Just came in to say Hi as I have been looking for a little while and it's good to read all the posts.

I had an Falcon EBII great car, now have just got a Territory, this is even better than I thought with all the new things even in the base model TX.

Happy to be here and will try to be interactive from now on.
man_in_aus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #1267
RTVRusty
Starter Motor

G'day All at Ford Forums,
I Have recently purchased an 5 speed V8 RTV, and am rapt.
Why the hell didnt Ford keep making them????
Hope someone out there might be able to help with a small
problem with it, the motor is inclined to hunt when you stop
and it surges when it is being driven?
Look forward to hearing from those who have had such a problem
and have solved it.
RTVRusty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #1268
glenno1
Starter Motor

Default hi , its glenno here and im a newbie .

hello everyone its Glenno here and i have a `99 model AU that i have just spent 6 grand on . its nothing flash but its been a good car so i think its worth spending money on to keep the old girl in good order .
i recently had a faulty alternator and my battery went flat on top of the gateway bridge in Brissy and i had to roll down in gear .
after the tow truck took me home there was a hugh oil spill on the tow truck tray and i think it is just oil from the breather on the gearbox as the car shudders when i stop or reverse .
can anyone tell me what type of oil the gearbox takes to top it up please
glenno1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #1269
jhassa07
Starter Motor

Hello all!

I'm Jo. I'm new to this forum. My ford is old and it's giving me a lot of problems therefore I'm turning to this forum for advice.

Thanks
Jo.
jhassa07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #1270
riptide

Hi , my name's Chris. Just thought I'd join up and take a look around. I have an '07 BF XR6T sedan but with a BA motor, sad story :(
Old 24-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #1271
campbellh
Starter Motor

Hi , Campbell Here, first post, Had an AU falcon for about 10 years , enjoyed the tips from the forum to get minor issues sorted, but will probably buy a newer ford soon
campbellh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #1272
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome aboard guys

man in aus we have a great terry area that will help you out

glenn01 have a look at the au section in the sub forums

Chris the b-series section is a great resource you will find it in the sub forums as well

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #1273
CosmicGT
Super-Charged Club

Hello all, i am new to these forums. Have just ordered a 2012 series 2 FPV GT in spec below after selling my BF Typhoon, look forward to getting involved in the forums in the future

Cosmic.
CosmicGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #1274
monts351

G'Day all, Been lurking here for a while, currently driving a 08 XR8 ute although starting to look for its replacement. Bit annoyed that there isn't a XR8 available at the moment, will likely be looking at a XR6T sedan instead.
monts351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #1275
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey guys my names Andrew. I just bought a 2009 fg xr6 turbo in breeze colour.
Eager to learn more and hopefully pick up some deals on some for sale items. Cheers
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #1276
popper
Starter Motor

Hi to all, thought it was about time i joined up as i had been looking at the site for a while now. With much useful info, i have a 02 AU Series 111 SR dark silver sedan in really good con that we have had for over 4 years now, an still going strong. but i have been doing some repairs myself an want to see if i can tackle the carby next as it stutters on take off! So I've turned up the revs to compensate a little but only i drive it as my wife isn't too sure yet? This is a great site though an full of useful info. Popper.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #1277
Pedrotheswift
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone . I'm Pete. Looking for info about some odd behaviour in my EL sealed 4 sp auto transmission. It does weird downshifts at the most inoportune times , sometimes dropping from 4th to 2nd at 100 k's. Very scary on a busy freeway I can tell ya. Car is in good condition and has been serviced regularly . Only has 140000 k's on the clock . Anyone have any idea why this is happening ? Thanks in advance .
Pedrotheswift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #1278
ian dibartolo

Hi to all. I very new to this . Bare with me. I own 2006 AWD Territory 98,000ks. Live south of Adelaide. Can anyone out there help point me in the right direction. Have a vibration that is there under load going uphill is the worst, at about 80-100 ks. Seems to vibtate the whole car. Balance, alignment all done. Wayne Phillis Ford located a broken transfercase bush. They suggested it was the likely cause. Replaced at cost of $400. Problem still evident. They then unsuccessfully tried to balance the tailshafts. The readings apparently kept changing due to the inner cv joint fault. They are talking another $1200. Will this fix the problem. Has anyone else had similar issues.
Old 25-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #1279
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrotheswift
Hi Everyone . I'm Pete. Looking for info about some odd behaviour in my EL sealed 4 sp auto transmission. It does weird downshifts at the most inoportune times , sometimes dropping from 4th to 2nd at 100 k's. Very scary on a busy freeway I can tell ya. Car is in good condition and has been serviced regularly . Only has 140000 k's on the clock . Anyone have any idea why this is happening ? Thanks in advance .
Hi Pete

Quite possible that you have a faulty VSS (vehicle speed sensor) although there are other potential causes. Ask the question in the Contemporary section and I'm sure someone will have an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monts351
G'Day all, Been lurking here for a while, currently driving a 08 XR8 ute although starting to look for its replacement. Bit annoyed that there isn't a XR8 available at the moment, will likely be looking at a XR6T sedan instead.
Whispers have been circulating about a return of the XR8 but whether there is any substance in that is anyone's guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy XR6 Turbo
Hey guys my names Andrew. I just bought a 2009 fg xr6 turbo in breeze colour.
Eager to learn more and hopefully pick up some deals on some for sale items. Cheers
Welcome aboard Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper
Hi to all, thought it was about time i joined up as i had been looking at the site for a while now. With much useful info, i have a 02 AU Series 111 SR dark silver sedan in really good con that we have had for over 4 years now, an still going strong. but i have been doing some repairs myself an want to see if i can tackle the carby next as it stutters on take off! So I've turned up the revs to compensate a little but only i drive it as my wife isn't too sure yet? This is a great site though an full of useful info. Popper.
You'll be struggling to find a carby under that bonnet as they are fuel injected which opens a whole range of potential causes - amongst them ignition coils as a likely candidate.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #1280
HDBMF
Hustle Hard $

Hey.. Long time browser first time poster

Names Dee
Terry lives in the St George Area NSW (go the dragons!!)

Own a black Ford Terry 04 Ghia RWD
-currently has 22"
-black tints
-lowerd
-has premium ICC
-2 tone elephant grey leather
-aux port recently fitted
-has done the ford recall
-installed new redback cat (extractors and rear soon!)
-fully optioned terry (except for GPS) (on its way!)
-has done 180kms
-needs bit of work, most is DIY but I'm not confident to do it myself! So I'm here today to make new friends and learn valuable skills/lessons!

Excpect a lot of threads for help and pictures from me, I need all the help I can get!!

Love the tip tronic, hear the monster roar on 5k revs!!
HDBMF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #1281
mysrawd

Hi
I'm Colin from Perth, I have just become a member as my vehicle is now out of warranty and I am now servicing it myself.
My vehicle is a 2008 Ford Territory AWD SR. I have found it to be an excellent vehicle, having driven it across Australia two times already as well as many local trips around WA without a problems. We tow an Avan on all our travels and you wouldn't even know it was there.
So far I have found the forum to be very good for finding out how to carry out some of the servicing operations.
Old 25-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #1282
Xrated BA

Hey guys

Just putting up my hello and a lil info .. I just recently bought an 05 BA MKII falcon XR6 and thought it would be a good idea to join up with a forum to view some discussions and maybe pick up a few tips aswell.

Cheers,
Mitch
Old 25-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #1283
KingKenny

Heya AFF, first time posting long time listening!

I'm a 21 year old living in Perth, currently serving in the Australian Defence Force. My ride is a late 09 FG XR6 in Nitro. I know they're a common sight on the roads, but I don't care, I love the car all the same!

Old 25-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #1284
fordpower86

Hey Fordforums,

New to the world of ford.
Been a big JDM fan gone though a Na supra, TT supra, Big single turbo Supra with 400+rwkw, and now own a 265awkw Evo8.
Been looking for a change and thought I would do some research for the next vehicle, wife owns a ford FG XR6. And don't mind it except no power.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #1285
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpower86
Hey Fordforums,

New to the world of ford.
Been a big JDM fan gone though a Na supra, TT supra, Big single turbo Supra with 400+rwkw, and now own a 265awkw Evo8.
Been looking for a change and thought I would do some research for the next vehicle, wife owns a ford FG XR6. And don't mind it except no power.
Probably not compared to those others but try an edited XR6T and see what you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDBMF
Hey.. Long time browser first time poster

Names Dee
Terry lives in the St George Area NSW (go the dragons!!)

Own a black Ford Terry 04 Ghia RWD
-currently has 22"
-black tints
-lowerd
-has premium ICC
-2 tone elephant grey leather
-aux port recently fitted
-has done the ford recall
-installed new redback cat (extractors and rear soon!)
-fully optioned terry (except for GPS) (on its way!)
-has done 180kms
-needs bit of work, most is DIY but I'm not confident to do it myself! So I'm here today to make new friends and learn valuable skills/lessons!

Excpect a lot of threads for help and pictures from me, I need all the help I can get!!

Love the tip tronic, hear the monster roar on 5k revs!!
Hi Dee - sounds like a nice Territory. I'm sure that with the wealth of knowledge here you'll learn plenty and the Tech portal is a good place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysrawd
Hi
I'm Colin from Perth, I have just become a member as my vehicle is now out of warranty and I am now servicing it myself.
My vehicle is a 2008 Ford Territory AWD SR. I have found it to be an excellent vehicle, having driven it across Australia two times already as well as many local trips around WA without a problems. We tow an Avan on all our travels and you wouldn't even know it was there.
So far I have found the forum to be very good for finding out how to carry out some of the servicing operations.
Hi Colin - thanks for the kind words and it's good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrated BA
Hey guys

Just putting up my hello and a lil info .. I just recently bought an 05 BA MKII falcon XR6 and thought it would be a good idea to join up with a forum to view some discussions and maybe pick up a few tips aswell.

Cheers,
Mitch
Hi Mitch - as noted above the Tech portal is always a good starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKenny
Heya AFF, first time posting long time listening!

I'm a 21 year old living in Perth, currently serving in the Australian Defence Force. My ride is a late 09 FG XR6 in Nitro. I know they're a common sight on the roads, but I don't care, I love the car all the same!
Nitro might be a common sight but it's also a great colour. Every time I see one I wonder if we shouldn't have picked that instead of Viper for the ute!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #1286
ultraclassic
Mr Harley

Hi all I have been lurking for years but now time for intro.
I'm Len and live on mid north coast of NSW with my partner Toni ( with an i)
we have a 1986 Bronco 5 litre with efi
and a 2004 Falcon Futura wich is being replaced this tuesday by a 2009 Territory ghia.
Unfortuneatly the Bronco is going to have to be sold as well to make room for the new territory.
I'll get a pic up asap
ultraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #1287
kingsley1972

Hi guys I'm Kingsley.
I joined this forum as i picked up my 2006 BF XT in August.
I believe the colour is Ego.
Its done close to 30000ks and feels great to drive.

kingsley1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #1288
Bmunson
Red boss

Hey guys, my names Brady, been checking out this forum for a while now, thought I'd say hello lots of great info on here, and some pretty funny discussions ;)
I own a bf xr8 magnet ute, got some herrod goodies and a bluepower intake on her
Bmunson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #1289
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Welcome aboard to the new users, some nice rides pictured too
Old 26-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #1290
old noddy
Starter Motor

Hello everyone, I haven't posted on here before but have found some very useful information on here from some very knowlegable people.
As the name suggests I am getting on in years.I have owned a lot of different cars over the years, mainly Fords. Started with a 1936 Ford Roadster as my first car. My present cars are a 2006 Territory AWD and an XW GT. I have owned a few GT's over the years and finished restoring the XW a couple of years back. Still get a great kick out of driving the old GT.
If I can pass on any info at any time I will.
Thanks,
Old Noddy
old noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post