Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2022, 02:05 PM   #1231
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I have started using a Clay Block in favor of the older traditional Clay Bars.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...max-clay-block

These also come in Mitts or Towels -

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...axit-clay-mitt
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...max-clay-cloth

https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...ies-clay-towel
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...agic-clay-mitt

I have found these easier to manage than a Clay Bar. If dropped they are able to be simply rinsed and re-used compared to a Bar that basically needs to be binned if dropped on the ground.
Looks like the clay cloth could be the go here... upcoming purchase i think.

I do love my Bowdens but would like to start looking at what else is available as the time comes.
Old 23-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #1232
bfets

I'm about to go down the Bowdens rabbit hole. Have about $750 worth of stuff in my cart. Will pull the trigger soon.

I know one can buy many of these things from Supercheap etc, but they dont have everything I need so buying a big lot directly from Bowdens is probably what I'll do.
bfets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2022, 06:32 PM   #1233
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Looks like the clay cloth could be the go here... upcoming purchase i think.

I do love my Bowdens but would like to start looking at what else is available as the time comes.
Bowdens also offer a Claying Rubber -

https://www.bowdensown.com.au/claying-rubber
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2022, 06:34 PM   #1234
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets View Post
I'm about to go down the Bowdens rabbit hole. Have about $750 worth of stuff in my cart. Will pull the trigger soon.

I know one can buy many of these things from Supercheap etc, but they dont have everything I need so buying a big lot directly from Bowdens is probably what I'll do.
Post up what you are looking at. Bowden's offer some great products, although some are a tad expensive for what they are.
Mustang GT

Old 23-02-2022, 06:39 PM   #1235
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Post up what you are looking at. Bowden's offer some great products, although some are a tad expensive for what they are.

I still have a shed load of Meguiars products (which can’t complain- they do the job). Unfortunately there’s such a range out there it’s difficult to decide on just one brand or pick out the best from each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pwr4ce is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2022, 06:45 PM   #1236
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce View Post
I still have a shed load of Meguiars products (which can’t complain- they do the job). Unfortunately there’s such a range out there it’s difficult to decide on just one brand or pick out the best from each

Correct, that's the reason why I would show caution spending $750 on one brand alone. So many great brands and products.

Nothing wrong with Meguiars (or Bowdens), they excel in many areas.
Mustang GT

Old 23-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #1237
bfets

Quote:
Thanks DFB,

At the moment all I have is cheap crap and old wash equipment. I want to start over and start to do it right. Will be getting my new Mustang in about 8 months so want to be ready to treat it properly.

This is what I was going to start with:

1x Safe Wash System kit
The kit includes:
Buckets x 2 (Wash x 1, Rinse x 1) + 1 Bucket Lid - Proudly Australian made, solid construction and 15L capacity.
2 x Great Barrier Things - All Australian designed and made. Traps dirt at the bottom of your bucket to help reduce the chance of scratches and swirls.
Snow Blow Cannon - Fast, fun and safe touchless washing. Includes the adapters for the popular Karcher, Gerni and Stihl pressure washers.
Snow Job 1L - A touchless pre-wash snow foam, to help stop swirl marks when washing.
Nanolicious Wash - Our dream wash, created with the finest modern ingredients available.
Boss Gloss - Our fastest and easiest to use detailing spray.
Shagtastic Wash Pad - Groovy blend of funky fibres work together to give a blissful, safe wash experience.
The Big Green Sucker - The fastest and most luxurious plush drying towel you will ever use.
1 x Dirty Deeds Cloth - A very useful cloth, created for all the dirtier jobs around your car and bike.
Microfibre Wash Mini Me - Restores and keeps the softness, plushness and absorbency to your microfibre.
Information Pack - For a detailed look at all of our car care and what order to use our products in.

I'm also adding:

1x Orange Agent
1x Happy Ending Pack/Kit (comes with the cannon bottle)
1x Flat head brush
1x Foursome (4 brushes)
1x Wheely clean
1x Adapter to fit the snow cannon to my pressure washer
1x Naked and Intra-mitt
1x Naked Glass
1x Little Chubby (brush)
1x Bugger off
1x Debugger cloth
4x Big softie microfibre cloths
1x Leather guard.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #1238
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thanks DFB,

At the moment all I have is cheap crap and old wash equipment. I want to start over and start to do it right. Will be getting my new Mustang in about 8 months so want to be ready to treat it properly.

1x Safe Wash System kit
The kit includes:
Buckets x 2 (Wash x 1, Rinse x 1) + 1 Bucket Lid - Proudly Australian made, solid construction and 15L capacity.
2 x Great Barrier Things - All Australian designed and made. Traps dirt at the bottom of your bucket to help reduce the chance of scratches and swirls.
Snow Blow Cannon - Fast, fun and safe touchless washing. Includes the adapters for the popular Karcher, Gerni and Stihl pressure washers.
Snow Job 1L - A touchless pre-wash snow foam, to help stop swirl marks when washing.
Nanolicious Wash - Our dream wash, created with the finest modern ingredients available.
Shagtastic Wash Pad - Groovy blend of funky fibres work together to give a blissful, safe wash experience.
The Big Green Sucker - The fastest and most luxurious plush drying towel you will ever use.
1 x Dirty Deeds Cloth - A very useful cloth, created for all the dirtier jobs around your car and bike.
Microfibre Wash Mini Me - Restores and keeps the softness, plushness and absorbency to your microfibre.
Information Pack - For a detailed look at all of our car care and what order to use our products in.

I'm also adding:

1x Orange Agent
1x Flat head brush
1x Foursome (4 brushes)
1x Wheely clean
1x Naked and Intra-mitt
1x Naked Glass
1x Little Chubby (brush)
1x Bugger off
1x Debugger cloth
1x Leather guard.

Haha - they’ve got some killer names for their products don’t they !!

By the looks of it you have all bases covered

Old 23-02-2022, 06:57 PM   #1239
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thanks DFB,

1x Safe Wash System kit
The kit includes:

I'm also adding:

1x Orange Agent
1x Flat head brush
1x Foursome (4 brushes)
1x Wheely clean
1x Naked and Intra-mitt
1x Naked Glass
1x Little Chubby (brush)
1x Bugger off
1x Debugger cloth
1x Leather guard.
If you give me a little bit of time, I will post something more detailed. A new Mustang is special, I want you to enjoy the whole process as much as possible.
Mustang GT

Old 23-02-2022, 07:06 PM   #1240
bfets

Quote:
Haha - they’ve got some killer names for their products don’t they !!

By the looks of it you have all bases covered

Hehe, they sure so! I was blushing just typing up the list. ;-)
Old 23-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #1241
bfets

Quote:
If you give me a little bit of time, I will post something more detailed. A new Mustang is special, I want you to enjoy the whole process as much as possible.
Awesome! Thanks DFB. I have plenty of time. Car is only coming in Sept. Just getting things ready and will practice on my older cars so I know what I'm doing when it comes to the Mustang.
Old 23-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #1242
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Hehe, they sure so! I was blushing just typing up the list. ;-)

Just try telling your Mrs what you have bought ( she might think it’s for her !!)

Old 23-02-2022, 07:10 PM   #1243
bfets

Quote:
Just try telling your Mrs what you have bought ( she might think it’s for her !!)

I'm not so worried about her. I can explain to her. My worry is that the kids see that! Can hear them already... "cross!"
Old 23-02-2022, 07:12 PM   #1244
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
I'm not so worried about her. I can explain to her. My worry is the kids see that! Can hear them already... "cross!"

Haha - truth be known… ( assuming they’re school aged)

Good luck with the new Stang - look forward to seeing pictures ( many )

Old 23-02-2022, 07:14 PM   #1245
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Thanks DFB,

1x Safe Wash System kit
The kit includes:

I'm also adding:

1x Orange Agent
1x Flat head brush
1x Foursome (4 brushes)
1x Wheely clean
1x Naked and Intra-mitt
1x Naked Glass
1x Little Chubby (brush)
1x Bugger off
1x Debugger cloth
1x Leather guard.
I started with nanolicious. I now use NV snow. Keen to try Carpro reset but waiting for it to be on sale.

Snow job is a waste of time in my opinion. Not enough bite. I use NV snow in my cannon as well. It's ph neutral but easily good enough as a 1 step wash on a lightly soiled car.

Not a fan of big green sucker, but does work. Recently bought The gauntlet cloths from the detail store.

I have the shagtastic pad. It's great. Much better than a mitt for me.

I also started off looking at Bowden's due to them being readily available but quickly learned to buy each product on merit.

Good luck with your shopping. It is indeed a rabbit hole. If anyone can sort you out, DFB can. He's a legend
Old 23-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #1246
bfets

Quote:
Haha - truth be known… ( assuming they’re school aged)

Good luck with the new Stang - look forward to seeing pictures ( many )

Thanks! Yeah I will be taking many pictures. Especially after being detailed. I'm still in two minds about what to do with the paint. I'm not sure if its worth getting it ceramic coated or just treat it proper and clean it proper with some of the things on my list.

Kids are 16+ so they'll take one look at those bottles and know exactly what those words intend.

I'll never hear the end of it!
Old 23-02-2022, 07:18 PM   #1247
bfets

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I started with nanolicious. I now use NV snow. Keen to try Carpro reset but waiting for it to be on sale.

Snow job is a waste of time in my opinion. Not enough bite. I use NV snow in my cannon as well. It's ph neutral but easily good enough as a 1 step wash on a lightly soiled car.

Not a fan of big green sucker, but does work. Recently bought The gauntlet cloths from the detail store.

I have the shagtastic pad. It's great. Much better than a mitt for me.

I also started off looking at Bowden's due to them being readily available but quickly learned to buy each product on merit.

Good luck with your shopping. It is indeed a rabbit hole. If anyone can sort you out, DFB can. He's a legend
Thanks mate. Looks like I came to the right forum. I have time so I'll take in all the opinions and hopefully make the right choices.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2022, 07:53 PM   #1248
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah I will be taking many pictures. Especially after being detailed. I'm still in two minds about what to do with the paint. I'm not sure if its worth getting it ceramic coated or just treat it proper and clean it proper with some of the things on my list.

Kids are 16+ so they'll take one look at those bottles and know exactly what those words intend.

I'll never hear the end of it!

Personally i didn’t ceramic coat mine as 1. It’s garaged/ undercover most of the time 2. Low K’s ( < 5000 per annum and 3. I enjoy detailing my car. ( I have another car that’s out in the weather all the time and it was a no brained to ceramic coat it and after nearly 4 years it’s done it’s job well )

Old 23-02-2022, 07:59 PM   #1249
bfets

Quote:
Personally i didn’t ceramic coat mine as 1. It’s garaged/ undercover most of the time 2. Low K’s ( < 5000 per annum and 3. I enjoy detailing my car. ( I have another car that’s out in the weather all the time and it was a no brained to ceramic coat it and after nearly 4 years it’s done it’s job well )

Yeah agree. My Mustang will be treated well. Will be garaged and even if I drive it to work, it will be parked in an under ground carpark. So I'm kind of tempted to skip the ceramic. Its expensive! Looks like +- $1500 to get it done.
Old 23-02-2022, 08:02 PM   #1250
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Yeah agree. My Mustang will be treated well. Will be garaged and even if I drive it to work, it will be parked in an under ground carpark. So I'm kind of tempted to skip the ceramic. Its expensive! Looks like +- $1500 to get it done.

Yeah I would spend that money on products and a decent da polisher

Old 23-02-2022, 08:09 PM   #1251
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Considering what you have said, skip the ceramic for now, detail the car and see how you feel about it later on.
Mustang GT

Old 23-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #1252
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thanks DFB,

1x Safe Wash System kit
The kit includes:

I'm also adding:

1x Orange Agent
1x Flat head brush
1x Foursome (4 brushes)
1x Wheely clean
1x Naked and Intra-mitt
1x Naked Glass
1x Little Chubby (brush)
1x Bugger off
1x Debugger cloth
1x Leather guard.
Just putting something together for you now, which wheels are you getting? The standard multi-spokes or the double five-spoke forged items?
Mustang GT

Old 23-02-2022, 08:38 PM   #1253
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have only used CarPro Hyrdo2 on my Mustang since new and are happy with leaving it at just that.
For quick detail I use the Carpro Elixr.
I probably over apply it at once every month or so, but it is so easy to do it is not a problem.

It is at the stage now where it should have a light buff with a DA Polisher which I will buy soon, as there are things that need correcting, (No thanks to the Panel Beaters).

The thing that I have monitored closely is the claim that it offers UV Protection.
Having the Black Stripes I have kept them well coated and so far, they seem to be holding up and not fading ect. The Mustang is a daily.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2022, 08:52 PM   #1254
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Ok, looking through your list of items, here is what I would recommend –

1/ The Bowden’s Safe Wash Kit is a great way to refresh your basic needs. However, I would pair the kit down to the buckets and grit guards in the below link. This gives you an extra bucket, which you will need for wheels.
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/3-bucket-wash-kit

To that, I would add the Waxit Foam Cannon Kit. This a better design and easier to fill than the (still excellent) Bowden’s foam cannon. Choose the correct pressure washer fitting in the drop bar. This kit also includes two of the best soaps on the market, NV Snow and NV Snow+, which both can be used in a cannon or bucket wash.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...oam-cannon-kit

I would then buy Boss Gloss separately or try any of the below links for a drying aid (buy the smaller bottle size to see if like them first) –
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/boss-gloss
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...d8243cfa&_ss=r
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18399576195129

For the towels, I think either of these kits would give you a good spectrum of towels and wash mitts. All the items in these kits can be purchased separately from both of those suppliers too if you so choose.
https://carcareco.com.au/product/the...icrofiber-kit/
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...ntials-package

For the microfibre cleaner, I would probably stick with the Bowdens product, or Rags To Riches.
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/produc...icrofibre-wash
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...48f26b65&_ss=r

2/Onto the single items –
-Agent Orange is a good APC. Also look at Koch Chemie Green Star and a spray bottle to dilute it into. Green Star is dilutable All-Purpose-Cleaner that can be used inside and out, and could also be used to scrub tyres with.
https://carcareco.com.au/product/koc...se-cleaner-1l/
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...nix-hd-solvent
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...ar-mercury-360

-I would skip Happy Endings, this is really only for those who wash their car occasionally, if you chose Bead Maker from above as your drying aid, then that’s all you would need.

-I have the Flat Head brush, it’s pretty good but won’t suit the standard issue multi-spoke Mustang wheels. You will need a bristled brush to get around the callipers in both sizes, and a microfiber brush that will fit between the spokes.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...-of-all-wheels
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-wheel-brush-1

-The Foursome is a great set of brushes, have them myself.
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/the-foursome

-For the Wheel Cleaner, Wheely Clean is pretty decent. I would also throw NV Purge (Similar to Wheel Clean) and P&S Brake Buster (Wheel and Tyre cleaner combined) into the mix.
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18519528374329
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv...e&_ss=e&_v=1.0

-The pressure washer adaptor will come with the Waxit Foam Cannon.

-The Naked and Inta-Mit would be a good combo, also look at True Vue glass cleaner and the Smitten Glass Mitt.
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...41186117320863
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...36b3c7a5&_ss=r

-I would stick with the Little Chubby. I would also add a good tyre scrubbing brush into the mix.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...cleaning-brush

-I would swap Bugger Off with CarPro Bug Out. If you have good protection on the car, you will be less likely to need to use a Bug remover (they can strip wax) or bug towel/pad.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...g&_ss=e&_v=1.0
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...409cc5d1&_ss=r

-For the Big Softie, if you get one of the microfiber kits linked above, you shouldn’t need these. A good alternative and more affordable would be these, which are a better towel –
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...1f151885&_ss=r

-For leather, the Bowden’s products are my favourite. Aim for both Leather Love (light cleaning, protection) and Leather Guard (protection).
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/leather-care-pack
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=Leather+Love
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/leather-guard

-You have not included a tyre dressing or interior product. CarPro Perl will do both, you would need a spray bottle though to dilute for interior trim.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...l&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I know that’s a bit all over the place in terms of suppliers, but the effort is worth it. All of these products I have used and arrived at after trying countless detailing towels and products over the years. The above should get you most of the way towards an excellent tool chest, adding a sealant/wax would be the next step, and perhaps some applicator pads. Happy to advice further should you need.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2022, 10:16 PM   #1255
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Just downloaded the latest CarPro 2022 Catalog, a worthwhile perv...........

https://carpro.global/wp-content/upl...2022_WEB_s.pdf
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2022, 11:34 PM   #1256
bfets

Quote:
Just putting something together for you now, which wheels are you getting? The standard multi-spokes or the double five-spoke forged items?
Thanks DFB - I'm just getting the standard multi-spokes black wheels.
Old 23-02-2022, 11:44 PM   #1257
bfets

Quote:
Ok, looking through your list of items, here is what I would recommend –

1/ The Bowden’s Safe Wash Kit is a great way to refresh your basic needs. However, I would pair the kit down to the buckets and grit guards in the below link. This gives you an extra bucket, which you will need for wheels.
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/3-bucket-wash-kit

To that, I would add the Waxit Foam Cannon Kit. This a better design and easier to fill than the (still excellent) Bowden’s foam cannon. Choose the correct pressure washer fitting in the drop bar. This kit also includes two of the best soaps on the market, NV Snow and NV Snow+, which both can be used in a cannon or bucket wash.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...oam-cannon-kit

I would then buy Boss Gloss separately or try any of the below links for a drying aid (buy the smaller bottle size to see if like them first) –
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/boss-gloss
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...d8243cfa&_ss=r
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18399576195129

For the towels, I think either of these kits would give you a good spectrum of towels and wash mitts. All the items in these kits can be purchased separately from both of those suppliers too if you so choose.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...ntials-package

For the microfibre cleaner, I would probably stick with the Bowdens product, or Rags To Riches.
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/produc...icrofibre-wash
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...48f26b65&_ss=r

2/Onto the single items –
-Agent Orange is a good APC. Also look at Koch Chemie Green Star and a spray bottle to dilute it into. Green Star is dilutable All-Purpose-Cleaner that can be used inside and out, and could also be used to scrub tyres with.
https://carcareco.com.au/product/koc...se-cleaner-1l/
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...nix-hd-solvent
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...ar-mercury-360

-I would skip Happy Endings, this is really only for those who wash their car occasionally, if you chose Bead Maker from above as your drying aid, then that’s all you would need.

-I have the Flat Head brush, it’s pretty good but won’t suit the standard issue multi-spoke Mustang wheels. You will need a bristled brush to get around the callipers in both sizes, and a microfiber brush that will fit between the spokes.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...-of-all-wheels
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-wheel-brush-1

-The Foursome is a great set of brushes, have them myself.
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/the-foursome

-For the Wheel Cleaner, Wheely Clean is pretty decent. I would also throw NV Purge (Similar to Wheel Clean) and P&S Brake Buster (Wheel and Tyre cleaner combined) into the mix.
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18519528374329
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv...e&_ss=e&_v=1.0

-The pressure washer adaptor will come with the Waxit Foam Cannon.

-The Naked and Inta-Mit would be a good combo, also look at True Vue glass cleaner and the Smitten Glass Mitt.
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...41186117320863
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...36b3c7a5&_ss=r

-I would stick with the Little Chubby. I would also add a good tyre scrubbing brush into the mix.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...cleaning-brush

-I would swap Bugger Off with CarPro Bug Out. If you have good protection on the car, you will be less likely to need to use a Bug remover (they can strip wax) or bug towel/pad.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...g&_ss=e&_v=1.0
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...409cc5d1&_ss=r

-For the Big Softie, if you get one of the microfiber kits linked above, you shouldn’t need these. A good alternative and more affordable would be these, which are a better towel –
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...1f151885&_ss=r

-For leather, the Bowden’s products are my favourite. Aim for both Leather Love (light cleaning, protection) and Leather Guard (protection).
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/leather-care-pack
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=Leather+Love
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/leather-guard

-You have not included a tyre dressing or interior product. CarPro Perl will do both, you would need a spray bottle though to dilute for interior trim.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...l&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I know that’s a bit all over the place in terms of suppliers, but the effort is worth it. All of these products I have used and arrived at after trying countless detailing towels and products over the years. The above should get you most of the way towards an excellent tool chest, adding a sealant/wax would be the next step, and perhaps some applicator pads. Happy to advice further should you need.
Oh wow! Thanks so much for all the effort and time you spent in your reply. I'm going to look at all of those one by one and see how much all of that would cost.

If I end up going for the NV Snow or snow+... can those replace a bucket wash if the car isnt very dirty? Everything I've seen from Bowdens snow is that they only use it as a pre-wash. It would be good as a time saver if NV Snow can be used as both was and pre-wash.
Old 24-02-2022, 12:13 AM   #1258
bfets

Quote:

So I had a look at those products and came up with a new list. Pricing excludes shipping obviously.

Bowdens:
3 BUCKET WASH KIT $104
BOSS GLOSS $21
MICROFIBRE WASH $25
Agent Orange $16
THE FOURSOME $32
WHEELY CLEAN $27
NAKED AND INTA-MITT PACK $34
THE LITTLE CHUBBY $30
LEATHER CARE PACK $76
Total $365

Waxit:
WAXIT FOAM LANCE $87
ECONOMAX MICROFIBER WHEEL BRUSH $22
CARPRO BUG OUT $25
CARPRO PERL SURFACE COATING $17
Total $151

CarCareCo:
The Rag Company – GOLD (ENTHUSIAST) Auto Detailing Microfiber Kit $122
Total $122

Detailingshed:
Maxshine Wheel Cleaning Brush (Length 45cm or 30cm) Quick, effective cleaning of all wheels $25
Maxshine Tyre Cleaning Brush for Low Profile Tyres $14
The Rag Company jersey scrubbing "bug scrubber" pad $5
Total $44

Grand Total: $682

Thanks DBF - This will definitely get me more, for less money.

What pad or applicator do you use with Perl for tyre dressing?

In terms of a wax or a sealant, when or how often would you do that other than just washing and drying the car with the above products?

I'm assuming once I get to that point, a proper polishing machine would be in order to make it easier.
Old 24-02-2022, 01:47 AM   #1259
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Oh wow! Thanks so much for all the effort and time you spent in your reply. I'm going to look at all of those one by one and see how much all of that would cost.

If I end up going for the NV Snow or snow+... can those replace a bucket wash if the car isnt very dirty? Everything I've seen from Bowdens snow is that they only use it as a pre-wash. It would be good as a time saver if NV Snow can be used as both was and pre-wash.
NV snow is definitely good enough to use as a 1 step wash if the car is just dusty or light dirt. Foam on, wait 5 min, rinse and dry.

A method I use, thanks to DFB, is foam on, then sponge wash, then rinse and dry. I work quite fast so the foam doesn't dry out. Last wash, I just did one side at a time. If you wash regularly this is all that is needed.

I only recently bought Carpro perl. I use an NV tyre applicator.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ty...ing-applicator

Worked well.
Old 24-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #1260
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
So I had a look at those products and came up with a new list. Pricing excludes shipping obviously.

Bowdens:
3 BUCKET WASH KIT $104
BOSS GLOSS $21
MICROFIBRE WASH $25
Agent Orange $16
THE FOURSOME $32
WHEELY CLEAN $27
NAKED AND INTA-MITT PACK $34
THE LITTLE CHUBBY $30
LEATHER CARE PACK $76
Total $365

Waxit:
WAXIT FOAM LANCE $87
ECONOMAX MICROFIBER WHEEL BRUSH $22
CARPRO BUG OUT $25
CARPRO PERL SURFACE COATING $17
Total $151

CarCareCo:
The Rag Company – GOLD (ENTHUSIAST) Auto Detailing Microfiber Kit $122
Total $122

Detailingshed:
Maxshine Wheel Cleaning Brush (Length 45cm or 30cm) Quick, effective cleaning of all wheels $25
Maxshine Tyre Cleaning Brush for Low Profile Tyres $14
The Rag Company jersey scrubbing "bug scrubber" pad $5
Total $44

Grand Total: $682

Thanks DBF - This will definitely get me more, for less money.

What pad or applicator do you use with Perl for tyre dressing?

In terms of a wax or a sealant, when or how often would you do that other than just washing and drying the car with the above products?

I'm assuming once I get to that point, a proper polishing machine would be in order to make it easier.

Another tip. - if you have an auto club membership you can get a discount on the Bowdens products from Repco (and save on freight too )