Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #91
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

So, here is my final decision.

I feel the experiment and what I saw for myself that night, proved to me that my lighting does not dazzle drivers (yes camera alters it, but i was using my eyes too). Yes people do have different levels of vision, mine has been tested and I have 6/5 vision (this means I can read standard print at 6m that a normal person would have to be at 5m to read it), I have better than average.

I agree that not all cars are equal, never have I said they were (mine is better than everyones because it is mine).

Having said that, because the against people seem quite strong in numbers (although going by the number of people that do drive with them on, I think a large number of those peole were not brave enough to comment), I am not one to deliberately antagonise people. Therefore I will change my lighting choices to low beam. If you don't like me driving with low beam on at all times, get over it because I will not listen to a word you say and there are government safety programs that disagree with you also. I will also consider anyone that doesn't a complete fool, especially if you have a problem colour car.

Finally, a big thankyou to all those here that put forward well thought out and logical viewpoints, that part of the discussion was a success. Now if you don't mind, I am not going to go out on cold nights to take photos, I am going to contemplate the possibilities of great cold air ducting (no, do not need your hammers)

Cheers big ears!

Lynton
Old 21-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #92
Black S

IMO people driving with fog lights on should not be driving a car. I think the reason is
that they think it gives them better vision. No consideration for the oncoming traffic.
Don't people realise that the new cars headlights are already bright enough already.
I was drving home one night in an 80km zone and all I saw was a bright WHITE LIGHT coming towards me.. The WRX driver has his headlights, fog light and HI-BEAMS on and dipped them within 100m of me. I was almost blinded by this. Another pet hate is those people who drive with their rear fog light on was well. They are as bright as their stop light. Don't they realise it is annoying and reflects off the road when its wet.
Old 21-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #93
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

I dont like em, , simply cause 90% of people in north queensland with them on are young morons in HSV stick on commodores, who think they are fast, or the general public should get out of their way.
Old 21-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #94
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

This has been going since 05'.
Closed Thread