The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #91
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: P-plater who abused policeman in Sydney is fined

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
That's an interesting angle Poppa.

Interesting because early on in your AFF career you were quite vocal in your beliefs that raising a hand, or foot, to a 'youngen' wasn't the way to get the message across.
Yet here you have admitted that physical punishment would be a reality during your upbringing, had you gone off track.

So im confused, do you support physical discipline where necessary, or do you believe the softly spoken approach is best.

I ask this because chances are both the boof heads who appear in the footage have spent their whole lives being cuddled and told they are perfect, yet they still resort to this behaviour.
I, like Poppa Smurf, was raised with firm discipline. I got a whack from time to time as a kid but that stopped when I was about 13. I have 6 kids and not one of them has ever been in trouble with the police or gone off the rails. I don't particularly believe in belting your kids but I believe very strongly in taking a firm approach with them when it comes raising them and teaching them life skills.
Your suggestion the guys in the video may have been cuddled their whole lives is a very broad generalisation and based on nothing. I will go back to my earlier statements, I believe those guys come from a culture where men are the dominant ones and aggression forms part of their makeup.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #92
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What am I missing here? I don't understand the thread title.

Should it not read

"P-plater who got fined abuse policeman"

To the clowns who complain that cops can use phones while driving did you notice that cops are also allowed to carry guns and you're not.

I also don't understand why these dudes get away with it? Is it part of the police training these days to be soft Cocks, Time for authorities to get tough.

Last edited by AU1XLS; 22-02-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #93
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Should it not read

To the clowns who complain that cops can use phones while driving did you notice that cops are also allowed to carry guns and you're not.

I also don't understand why these dudes get away with it? Is it part of the police training these days to be soft C...ks. Time for authorities to get tough.
I don't think its a matter being soft , I think it's more a matter of its not worth the effort or the paperwork because the way the legal system is these days they would probably be lucky to get a fine in the courts.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #94
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool way to make the top ten on SCMODS

stop pulling me over / yo picking on me
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #95
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once upon a time people actually respected police officers. If you do wrong and get caught take it like a man not a ****** wit.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #96
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
Once upon a time people actually respected police officers. If you do wrong and get caught take it like a man not a ****** wit.
Particularly as to how it related to a mere "P" plate.

"Yes officer, no worries, I'll see to that straight away!, have a good day."

call him what you like after he's out of earshot......grow up for christ sake.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2015, 01:28 PM   #97
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Drive girls car, fly under the radar.

Never been randomly pulled over, in my Falcon, my Fiesta or my Focus while on Ps and both Falcon/Fiesta illegally modified

Been pulled into bretho setup three times that's it.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #98
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

At least this bloke didn't abuse the officer !!
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...oes-v/2551946/
Old 22-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #99
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
At least this bloke didn't abuse the officer !!
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...oes-v/2551946/
Be interesting to see the results once contested in the courts!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #100
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
when I was a youngster physical punishment was the norm.........if I spoke out of place I got a quick clout round the ear........mind you that was a long time ago and quite "normal" for that time.

we have "evolved" from that.
Have we, really?
Or is it at all possible that we have in fact gone backwards as a society as far as ethics goes.
I too was brought up in a very strict household, I wouldn't even dream of speaking out of turn never mind actually attempting it.
When I was a young fella I hated the old man for being such a *****, but fast forward to now and I realise that the boundaries he set for me then would shape who I would become.
When my kids were born I swore I would be more lenient than he was and I am, but as you rightly pointed out, times have changed.
Not for the better.
Kids push the envelope further these days, they demand more and do less in return, and we as a society make excuses for it.
We strongly oppose the type of discipline that we endured, yet when the product of our softly approach lands on the courts doorstep we complain that they are treated too softly.

Quote:
I don't condone, nor do I advocate physical or mental violence in any shape or form by any person or persons, in fact I find it disgusting and only used by the lower intellects.

I stated what WOULD have happened back then not what SHOULD happen now, I also stated the consequence of such actions in todays "modern" age.

these young blokes have issues arising from god only knows what but they have problems if they see anger toward our officers as their only outlet for their daily frustration.

there are ways and means of dealing with these fools......time these were brought into play.
There is no golden rule, every child is different and consideration must be given as to what form of discipline they respond too.
To just say smacking kids is only for the lowest form of intellect is ignorant.

My nephew was a ward of the state from age 8 to 16, he openly admits this was the worst stage of his life, as a result of seeing what happens when bleeding hearts intervene, he is too paranoid to discipline his own children to the point where his eldest is completely out of control.

Society would applaud him for not putting a finger on him, but what happens if the parent doesn't possess the skills to reach the child on another level, or the child just doesn't respond regardless.
Its one thing to take away a parents ability to use appropriate action, but to assume that every parent can get the message through in another manner is naïve at best.
My bet is they wind up on the wrong side of the ledger and become societies problem.

Go for a walk through a shopping centre, look at what they wear, or don't I should say. look at the head to toe tatts, the piercings, the hair cuts. bump into them and experience the attitude and rudeness.
Then come back and tell me how we have evolved and how clowns like those in the clips are just a minority who slipped through the cracks.

30 years ago kids had respect, now they don't even recognise the word because even learning in the classroom is optional for these darlings.
What do you think is the difference between now and then?
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #101
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

Should it not read

I also don't understand why these dudes get away with it? Is it part of the police training these days to be soft Cocks, Time for authorities to get tough.
Actually, I am.

And as I said, the attention required for talking on the phone is the same no matter who it is.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #102
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Parents barely raised a hand against me, I got a kick up the *** a few times but that's it.

You don't need to beat kids to make respectable members of society, kids are kids and teens are teens it hasn't changed just that you now might be on the receiving end of your antics from 30 years ago and are claiming unfair.

Don't claim to be innocent because some time in your life I bet you did something which annoyed society at one stage or another.

I see this situation every day, the difference is it might not be a cop on the receiving end of the abuse, go to the shops and there's always people holding up the line yelling at the freckle faced kid behind the counter because of something out of their control.

Its not teens and young adults in most cases either.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 22-02-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #103
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Parents barely raised a hand against me, I got a kick up the *** a few times but that's it.

You don't need to beat kids to make respectable members of society, kids are kids and teens are teens it hasn't changed just that you now might be on the receiving end of your antics from 30 years ago and are claiming unfair.

Don't claim to be innocent because some time in your life I bet you did something which annoyed society at one stage or another.

I see this situation every day, the difference is it might not be a cop on the receiving end of the abuse, go to the shops and there's always people holding up the line yelling at the freckle faced kid behind the counter because of something out of their control.

Its not teens and young adults in most cases either.
Barely raised a hand and a few kicks up the ****.
So what your saying is that at times in your early years you stepped outside the boundaries and appropriate action was taken.
At least that's how your parents would consider it im sure.

Im not saying it should be a free for all as some people are extreme and will go beyond reasonable discipline, but the opposite of that extreme is the child who grows up with no boundaries, no respect and nothing positive to offer society.
The question is, what provides the bleaker outcome for society to deal with, the child who is subject to above average discipline or the child who needs but gets none.
If the last 30 years are anything to go by I would say the latter.
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #104
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This debate over whether to discipline your kids or not has raged many times, suffice to say I'm not entering into it again.

You raise your kids how you see fit and live with the consequences......

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #105
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
This debate over whether to discipline your kids or not has raged many times, suffice to say I'm not entering into it again.

Well when you comment in a post about your thoughts & ideals on punishment you have just entered into it again imo, sometimes it best not to comment or participate at all on certain topics if this is how you feel.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #106
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I agree, you raise your kids how you see fit and live with the consequences. The problem is too many people take a similar attitude and then expect society to fix the problem or pay the bill when the consequences are the unacceptable.

PREVIOUS RIDES
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #107
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many kids are a reflection of their parents. There are exceptions to this, both ways.
But I would say it follows the old 80-20 rule. That is 80% refelect the parents, 20% don't, both ways.
So debating the cause will always 80% right and 20% wrong no mater which tack you take.
IMO if your parents put down authority, police ect then there is a fair chance (maybe 80%) that the kids will follow. That's just how it is.
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #108
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thinking back to my childhood i copped a bit of leather and a few decent open handers when i stepped out of line, even teachers where allowed to give a bit of discipline if you stepped out of line back in those days, and on the odd occasion i got to shake hands with mr strap or say hello to mr t sqaure or even wooden ruler across the knuckles, and i have no doubt i deserved it every time,
and come adult i think it made me a better human being ( i think ) .

Some years ago and a lady who i possibly may have had a destiny with and i had a bit of a discussion about discipline and her only child, lets just say we had a difference of opinion,
she took the i would never smack junior stand(even if he was being a little barsted ).......... some years later the very same older teenager put her up against the wall and threatened to belt her ( gee im glad i didnt get stuck with that one .

recently on the news it was reported someone smacked their child in a shopping centre after said child played up(from memory stole something ? ) ......and some sticky nose rang the cops, .....what an absolute joke, should dear mum get kid taken off her or get jail time .......does anyone think junior will be better off growing up without said parent ???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2015, 11:31 PM   #109
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
thinking back to my childhood i copped a bit of leather and a few decent open handers when i stepped out of line, even teachers where allowed to give a bit of discipline if you stepped out of line back in those days, and on the odd occasion i got to shake hands with mr strap or say hello to mr t sqaure or even wooden ruler across the knuckles, and i have no doubt i deserved it every time,
and come adult i think it made me a better human being ( i think ) .

Some years ago and a lady who i possibly may have had a destiny with and i had a bit of a discussion about discipline and her only child, lets just say we had a difference of opinion,
she took the i would never smack junior stand(even if he was being a little barsted ).......... some years later the very same older teenager put her up against the wall and threatened to belt her ( gee im glad i didnt get stuck with that one .

recently on the news it was reported someone smacked their child in a shopping centre after said child played up(from memory stole something ? ) ......and some sticky nose rang the cops, .....what an absolute joke, should dear mum get kid taken off her or get jail time .......does anyone think junior will be better off growing up without said parent ???
There seems to be a theme amongst a few of us oldies here and that is we copped a whack or two as kids and how that not only shaped us as kids and the direction we took but also how we acted as parents. At the risk of upsetting a few of the younger parents on here, I would say it's fairly safe to say we, and our kids, have turned out ok. But this issue reminds me a bit of crime and punishment in our legal system today. There's all these do-gooders who are against capital punishment. I am an advocate for it. Now, I don't mean torture or other forms or barbaric punishment but I mean the death penalty for those convicted of similar heinous crimes. There are those out there who say capital punishment is not a deterrent, I say you put a man to death there's one certainty, he won't re-offend.

PREVIOUS RIDES
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by JAJH; 22-02-2015 at 11:40 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 02:27 AM   #110
WHYME
Next up?

Post Re: P-plater who abused policeman in Sydney is fined

Quote:
did you notice that cops are also allowed to carry guns and you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Actually, I am.
So that's why they call you Revolver

WHYME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 07:56 AM   #111
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
And as I said, the attention required for talking on the phone is the same no matter who it is.
Oh well, I've seen them run red lights, cross double line, exceed the speed limit, drive on the wrong side of the road.

Not fair I'm not allowed to do any of that...double standards I say.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #112
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to worry. Passenger of the P plater copped a bullet a couple of days later.

As read on another forum.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #113
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcv8 View Post

Police issue bullet?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #114
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When someone breaks into your house at 2 in the morning, waving a machete around, ask your wife and kids should the Police abide by the speed limit BECAUSE I HAVE TO. Or when your house burns down and you ask the driver of the Fire Truck what took him so long.....

'Sorry sir, but according to you, I have to stop at all red lights'
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #115
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH View Post
There seems to be a theme amongst a few of us oldies here and that is we copped a whack or two as kids and how that not only shaped us as kids and the direction we took but also how we acted as parents. At the risk of upsetting a few of the younger parents on here, I would say it's fairly safe to say we, and our kids, have turned out ok. But this issue reminds me a bit of crime and punishment in our legal system today. There's all these do-gooders who are against capital punishment. I am an advocate for it. Now, I don't mean torture or other forms or barbaric punishment but I mean the death penalty for those convicted of similar heinous crimes. There are those out there who say capital punishment is not a deterrent, I say you put a man to death there's one certainty, he won't re-offend.
Agreed, a review of our justice system is way overdue and I think the subject of capital punishment should be debated by the people.
If someone is found guilty beyond reasonable doubt of a heinous crime then why should society have to fund their incarceration.
But the punishment must fit the crime and the end result must be humane.
Old 23-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #116
Full Noise
Life begins at 40
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcv8 View Post

Do you have a link to this?

I’m in need of a “feel good” story.
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #117
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I raised my daughters very strictly as I was. I got divorced when the eldest was ten and the youngest was eight.

My Dad died when I was eleven - he instilled in me respect and kindness and great moral boundaries. I went off the rails in my teenage years - I reflect on them today and have always tried to be a better person. If Mum, Dad and I were out visiting folk, my Dad would "flick" his belt buckle with his finger - that meant "stop what you're doing son".

My girls. I didn't give a thorough belting to the eldest until she was after three, a drop of the octave in voice would send her into tears. The youngest daughter took a little more encouragement, she was five.

I know there's many proponents of not belting children, and I don't argue with that. My girls have turned out alright. I do however believe discipline is lacking in society these days.

I loved my father, he disciplined me hard. Respect is earned, not given.

I fully agree with Bent8's posts - you go alright mate.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #118
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If someone is found guilty beyond reasonable doubt of a heinous crime then why should society have to fund their incarceration.
No reason why they shouldn't work for their food/accommodation, and if they refuse, they starve. It would be their choice, but of course, the bleeding hearts would cry foul. Forcing them to learn a trade and then using it in some capacity might give them enough pride to not go back to their old ways.... f### knows 'empathising' hasn't worked.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #119
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Police issue bullet?
OMCG the word is.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #120
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Barely raised a hand and a few kicks up the ****.
So what your saying is that at times in your early years you stepped outside the boundaries and appropriate action was taken.
At least that's how your parents would consider it im sure.

Im not saying it should be a free for all as some people are extreme and will go beyond reasonable discipline, but the opposite of that extreme is the child who grows up with no boundaries, no respect and nothing positive to offer society.
The question is, what provides the bleaker outcome for society to deal with, the child who is subject to above average discipline or the child who needs but gets none.
If the last 30 years are anything to go by I would say the latter.
Mind you it wasn't very many steps out of line and it wasn't because of the foot up the *** on those very few occasions, its knowing right from wrong and what the parents didn't like me doing.

The "I'm disappointed" spiel hurt me more than the kick up the ***.

Its just a matter of respect, but I'm also one for respect has to be earned, but that doesn't mean I'm an *** to anyone and everyone automatically.

Treat people the way you want to be treated, works well for me.
2 users like this post: