Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-02-2006, 04:27 AM   #91
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Sorry Biggoggs , I just can't imagine anyone thinking that the sound of a hair dryer equipped whipper snipper sounds better than any V8 let alone a blown big block.
`Hair dryer equipped whipper snipper'? The Dodge sounds like a heavy-duty kitchen blender. I'd choose a Windsor or Cleveland for sound over that. It sounds lazy, like it redlines at 3k or something.

This sounds alright, it has much more character (6.8MB WMV of... a hotrod of some sort).

Rollin: I prefer a six too, but I still appreciate a decent 8. Perhaps something got left out, I would've thought the Dodge would sound deeper than the Supra...

As for the RB in the Mustang, come on guys, it just has to look fast for the camera, and they'll dub a V8 track to it.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #92
Clevo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
despite the fact they will get smashed at the lights stock, and then still smashed mod for mod...o well.
If that is the case why does your now tubocharged worked straight 6 only pull 14's? If I was to pull up next to you in my wonderful sounding N/A V8 you would be the one that gets:

By the way I would by a Typhoon over a GT............
Clevo8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #93
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
`Hair dryer equipped whipper snipper'? The Dodge sounds like a heavy-duty kitchen blender. I'd choose a Windsor or Cleveland for sound over that. It sounds lazy, like it redlines at 3k or something.

This sounds alright, it has much more character (6.8MB WMV of... a hotrod of some sort).

Rollin: I prefer a six too, but I still appreciate a decent 8. Perhaps something got left out, I would've thought the Dodge would sound deeper than the Supra...

As for the RB in the Mustang, come on guys, it just has to look fast for the camera, and they'll dub a V8 track to it.
Holy sh*t, thats was a f***ing animal.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #94
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Oldskool hemi.
Quote:
Erm, no, not quite. they've gone the rb to try to appeal to both the muscle guys (cos its a mustang) and the ricers..... it will most likely not have a v8 dubbed over, and the plot will make some sort of song and dance about it having an RB in it
Old 16-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #95
birdy
birdy

AS well of my nc 4l i also have 65 impala so not prejudice' big cubes will win when compared to high revving turbos in the long run don,t you think!!!
Old 16-02-2006, 11:23 PM   #96
nb_351
building the xe...

same here big fella... how good is that clip... keeps you glued to the screen the whole time doesnt it... would love to have a run like that, especially on pikes peak... in an rs200 evolution, or one of those pugs... dreaming again...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 11:48 PM   #97
MAD
Petro-sexual

Aww c'mon guys, who doesnt like a 12speed manual, 2min 1/4 mile supra, with welds popping off the manifold?