Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #91
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Default Re: What Do You Do For A Living? *Photo Heavy*

Hey, self employed last few years just doing small removals jobs & hiring out my services with small truck or van based in regional Victoria. Has it's ups and downs but enjoy driving and get to see a lot of this state and beyond that I hadn't seen before.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #92
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Overboard on pictures!
I am a third generation tanker driver. Get to do heaps of varied deliveries. Including farms, ships, trains ect. Tomorrow I am going on a barge to Hayman Island for instance! Today I did servos farms and filled tanks for Keswick Island. Love my job. Always wanted to be a racing car driver. Suppose I sort of made it. Lol

blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #93
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Blackf6

Ever run out of fuel on your runs

Liked the shot of fuelling up the diesel locomotive - never thought it would be fuelled up like that- thought it would be through a fixed filler at terminal...

To all you guys and girls out there in machinery, from this desk jockey- sorta envious....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #94
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

That train is a roaming rail grinder. That goes around the tracks machining the surface. They stay out for weeks at a time. Hence why they have to be refuelled at sidings. We also fill tanks at train stations that the loco use there. I run out of fuel every day. There is never enough to go around.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #95
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
That train is a roaming rail grinder. That goes around the tracks machining the surface. They stay out for weeks at a time. Hence why they have to be refuelled at sidings. We also fill tanks at train stations that the loco use there. I run out of fuel every day. There is never enough to go around.
Good to see that you have updated your avatar too....
Old 17-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #96
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Hey Ben,
Great pictures, Is that 1st pic, the loop line going out to near Broke your on.?
Seen a few biggies crawling through Hexham this morn.
Nah that's Bylong in the picture, which is my most favourite and least favourite part of track.
Favorite because the landscape looks fantastic, especially the thick bush land as you go up the mountain.

Least favourite because you have the infamous Bylong No 3 tunnel which is 2km long, but only a little wider and taller than a loco. It works the loco's to the absolute limit so the chance of a breakdown is higher in the tunnel than on a regular bit of track. If you breakdown inside the tunnel you have to evacuate after putting on a breathing apparatus due to the thickness of exhaust fumes. Walking 1km+ on uneven ground, in the pitch black, with a face mark and a huge bag on my back isn't something I would like to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

Liked the shot of fuelling up the diesel locomotive - never thought it would be fuelled up like that- thought it would be through a fixed filler at terminal...
Most are fueled at a purpose built fueling site. But we have banker locos that are fueled directly from a truck. Banker locos are the ones that attach to the rear of trains to help push them up a big hill. The problem is this hill is about 200km from the fueling point. A 400km trip to fuel isn't practical so they just fuel them straight from the truck in a siding at the bottom of the hill.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 12:05 AM   #97
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Nah that's Bylong in the picture, which is my most favourite and least favourite part of track.
Favorite because the landscape looks fantastic, especially the thick bush land as you go up the mountain.

Hey Ben

Fellow Novocastrian- really liked your photo of Bylong-remember driving along that Bylong valley in my FGX XR8 last year going to Bathurst. So beautiful, and the road was probably the greatest drive I have ever done of that kind.

I really hope the coal mines are not allowed to desecrate the Bylong Valley....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #98
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
I worked my *** off from age 19 to 32 & am now 33 (still working hard albeit shift work - a different kind of work/life balance). I did a traineeship at a supermarket in my gap year while most of my mates either stuffed around, travelled, or went to uni. I kept the supermarket job as part-time whilst studying full-time at uni, and often had a 2nd job as an Engineering student. I missed out on every weekend between 2001-2007 due to studying/working 7 days a week.

Once out of uni I worked for a council but my development was stalling compared to my uni mates, so I shifted across to a consultancy where initially the pay was good & the learning curve was steep again, but over time the pay stagnated, the conditions were taken away, the training dried up, I was taking leave *whilst at work* to fill in my timesheets and avoid the chop, and the culture was turning toxic, save for my immediate workmates.

I was working 12+ hours every day & getting paid for 7.5 (and travelling an hour each way on top of this), and I'd be bringing my work home with me to work on overnight and on weekends. This wasn't to get ahead, this was to survive. I had a mate working in a call centre whose base rate was $10k short of my pay, yet he did less hours, had RDOs, and could close that gap with overtime.

I got out of Engineering after 5 years of study & 8 years in the industry, and had a career reboot as an Operator at a power station.

^^^ Night shift about 15 floors up. Now I couldn't be happier, I've found *my* job. Yes working on a pump at 3am in the morning in the rain sucks, as does working on valves next to the boiler on a 40*C day when the top of the boiler house is probably nudging 60*C, but the general work flow & the people I work with really suit me.

For anyone who is unhappy in their current role and has exhausted all avenues to improve their current role - find a viable alternative and MAKE THE CHANGE. It's not easy, it took me 3 years of searching and applying for jobs, having private interviews with employers who weren't actually hiring at the time, researching career options and then when an attractive role was advertised researching the absolute crap out of the role, the company, and quizzing employees or workers in the same industry all about the role.

It's so hard to do all of this when you're time-poor and have no energy because you've spent it all on your ****** job. But find that energy and force yourself to persevere with transitioning from a job that's no good for you to a job you love. It changes the rest of your life outside of work too.
Hey Ghia, I blew that pic up so I could see some detail and picked out the RCB in the background. We work at the same location.....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #99
beardo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Walking 1km+ on uneven ground, in the pitch black, with a face mark and a huge bag on my back isn't something I would like to do.
I feel your pain, no one can appreciate flat ground like a rail worker
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #100
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I worked my *** off from age 19 to 32 & am now 33 (still working hard albeit shift work - a different kind of work/life balance). I did a traineeship at a supermarket in my gap year while most of my mates either stuffed around, travelled, or went to uni. I kept the supermarket job as part-time whilst studying full-time at uni, and often had a 2nd job as an Engineering student. I missed out on every weekend between 2001-2007 due to studying/working 7 days a week.

Once out of uni I worked for a council but my development was stalling compared to my uni mates, so I shifted across to a consultancy where initially the pay was good & the learning curve was steep again, but over time the pay stagnated, the conditions were taken away, the training dried up, I was taking leave *whilst at work* to fill in my timesheets and avoid the chop, and the culture was turning toxic, save for my immediate workmates.

I was working 12+ hours every day & getting paid for 7.5 (and travelling an hour each way on top of this), and I'd be bringing my work home with me to work on overnight and on weekends. This wasn't to get ahead, this was to survive. I had a mate working in a call centre whose base rate was $10k short of my pay, yet he did less hours, had RDOs, and could close that gap with overtime.

I got out of Engineering after 5 years of study & 8 years in the industry, and had a career reboot as an Operator at a power station.

^^^ Night shift about 15 floors up. Now I couldn't be happier, I've found *my* job. Yes working on a pump at 3am in the morning in the rain sucks, as does working on valves next to the boiler on a 40*C day when the top of the boiler house is probably nudging 60*C, but the general work flow & the people I work with really suit me.

For anyone who is unhappy in their current role and has exhausted all avenues to improve their current role - find a viable alternative and MAKE THE CHANGE. It's not easy, it took me 3 years of searching and applying for jobs, having private interviews with employers who weren't actually hiring at the time, researching career options and then when an attractive role was advertised researching the absolute crap out of the role, the company, and quizzing employees or workers in the same industry all about the role.

It's so hard to do all of this when you're time-poor and have no energy because you've spent it all on your ****** job. But find that energy and force yourself to persevere with transitioning from a job that's no good for you to a job you love. It changes the rest of your life outside of work too.
The problem with Engineering jobs is you don't start earning big $$$ until late 30's, early 40's (some exceptions exist). Out of Uni and into my 30's labourers were getting paid more than me, I was doing 12 hour days, getting pretty ****** off about it.

NOW early 40's, alot of Major Projects under my belt, a few company changes later, and I earn 3 times what a labourer does and work less hours too. My Supervisors are 10 years older and earn twice what I earn, some serious cash.

Sometimes you got to stick with it to reap the rewards.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #101
66 STANG

I have been in the architectural signage industry my whole working life, starting and running my own business since 2001. It is definitely an interesting industry, as we need to be a master of all trades (graphic designer, computer operator, cabinet maker, sheet metal fabricator, steel welder / fabricator, CNC profile cutter operator, spray painter, plastic fabricator, printer, electrician and all round problem solver / solution finder.........well I'm sure you get the idea!! The great thing about it is that our workshop is any mans dream with most tools and machines you could ever need on hand to make whatever you want!! The work is really interesting too, as every customer is wanting something individual, so the job variety and satisfaction is usually always there.
A few years ago, I started another really cool business with a few other guys and am now a part owner in one of Australia's biggest and best indoor electric go karting centres!! It is one of those businesses that you can actually really "enjoy" being a part of and doesn't really feel like work at all most of the time!!

66 STANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #102
Falcman0o7
Banned

I take you're tax.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #103
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Hey Ben

Fellow Novocastrian- really liked your photo of Bylong-remember driving along that Bylong valley in my FGX XR8 last year going to Bathurst. So beautiful, and the road was probably the greatest drive I have ever done of that kind.

I really hope the coal mines are not allowed to desecrate the Bylong Valley....
I would love to drive Bylong Valley Way in a decent car one day. It's even pretty fun in a diesel 4x4. Probably helps that I know almost every bend after driving it countless times.

I have heard rumours about putting a mine there, but I can't see that happening anytime soon with such low coal prices.
Some well established mines are only making a profit because they slashed hundreds of jobs. I can't see much of a profit in building a mine from scratch, but what would I know about building a mine.

Hopefully Bylong Valley will stay looking good. I actually enjoy the whole area from Sandy Hollow to Cooyal.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #104
Jess1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 STANG View Post
I have been in the architectural signage industry my whole working life, starting and running my own business since 2001. It is definitely an interesting industry, as we need to be a master of all trades (graphic designer, computer operator, cabinet maker, sheet metal fabricator, steel welder / fabricator, CNC profile cutter operator, spray painter, plastic fabricator, printer, electrician and all round problem solver / solution finder.........well I'm sure you get the idea!! The great thing about it is that our workshop is any mans dream with most tools and machines you could ever need on hand to make whatever you want!! The work is really interesting too, as every customer is wanting something individual, so the job variety and satisfaction is usually always there.
A few years ago, I started another really cool business with a few other guys and am now a part owner in one of Australia's biggest and best indoor electric go karting centres!! It is one of those businesses that you can actually really "enjoy" being a part of and doesn't really feel like work at all most of the time!!
I envy both of your jobs! They sound awesome
Jess1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #105
TEZG
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7 View Post
I take you're tax.
No "thanks" ???
admire your bravery for posting
TEZG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #106
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
how do the karts go? as in how fast, the thing i dislike about hobby gokarts is the doughy motor, electric will solve that brilliantly
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #107
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

psychobimbo - Sweet! I'll have to keep an eye out for your XR8 in the car park then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The problem with Engineering jobs is you don't start earning big $$$ until late 30's, early 40's (some exceptions exist). Out of Uni and into my 30's labourers were getting paid more than me, I was doing 12 hour days, getting pretty ****** off about it.

NOW early 40's, alot of Major Projects under my belt, a few company changes later, and I earn 3 times what a labourer does and work less hours too. My Supervisors are 10 years older and earn twice what I earn, some serious cash.

Sometimes you got to stick with it to reap the rewards.
The 12hr days I could live with. The ****** pay I could live with. The constant "do I still have a job this week?" and "how many months will it take me to go from negative leave to zero leave due to taking leave AT WORK to fill in my timesheet" I could not live with. I was doing that for 3 of my 4 years at the consultancy. I couldn't imagine doing that for another year, let alone another 7-8 when I'd be in my early 40s.

Picture driving an hour to get to your workplace, already knowing you have nothing solid ahead of you once you arrive. Then contacting your Australasian contacts both within the consultancy (Auckland, Darwin, Hobart, Perth, Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney) and cold-calling old clients to try & win some billable work. By now you've spent most of the morning trying to chase work, and having not won any you can't put "unsuccessful marketing" down on your timesheet.

Even the guys in the soil lab don't have any work for you, and you'd spent an hour yesterday unblocking their soil sampling drain pipe that was clogged with "organics" just so you could put an hour down on your timesheet. This drainpipe job was a job their work experience kid baulked at.

So now, with it clear that you have no work for the day, you drive an hour home. You have a choice for the morning's work: write it off as an unpaid day off, or take annual leave just so your fortnight's pay hasn't taken a hit. People who were billing unprofitable work were either getting the sack, or their entire team would be placed on a part-time basis until "the market improved" - it still hasn't.

Now repeat this for months, years. You can see why I left & started fresh. I haven't looked back since.

There's another difference between my new job & my old career - I actually like what I'm doing now. I think I was reaping the rewards upon leaving Engineering.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #108
PCT302

Semi retired and back working on cars, old cars now but they were new back in 1971 when I was doing my mechanical apprenticeship.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg workshop.jpg (157.0 KB, 49 views)
Old 19-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #109
66 STANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
how do the karts go? as in how fast, the thing i dislike about hobby gokarts is the doughy motor, electric will solve that brilliantly
There is no comparison to the traditional petrol karts. These things are torquey right off the mark and the acceleration / handling is unbelievable for rental karts!! They even sound like true F1 cars too!!
66 STANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #110
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry ZG;561****
No "thanks" ???
admire your bravery for posting
Not really. Been at coles DC for 13 years.
Boring as bat **** but there's no stress and it pays OK.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #111
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been in my industry for 30 years and my current role for 15. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #112
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wont start at beginning, to far back
30 years ago with a wife, house and 2 daughters we were blessed with a disabled son who we were told would die within 6 weeks,(I walked out of my supermarket deadend job and played the social walfare system with no regrets.
One of us with son visiting yobs around town the other looking after 2 girls. Was told again at 3 months, then at 6 months, at the age of 11 months a visiting doc from overseas meets him and throws **** at our doc specilists, they had been all the problems into one basket whereas there were two major problems not even related. He is now 30 years old but mental age between 8 - 16 depending on mood,has a girl friend...funny as.

During this time I farted around grabbing anything I could (late 80's banana republic depression) then 2005 a friend offered me a job driving a mobile grain cleaning business on Eyre Peninsula. Major sea change left 2 girls and grandchildren in Ade. and came here. NEVER going back to Ade. to live.
6 years ago one of our dogs died and wanted him cremated. Nothing here.........then.....there is now!
We established a pet crematorium and cover regional SA.
Recently branched out, now work with glass blower adding ashes into glass spheres. www.eternitypetmemorials.com.au
me now mid 60's love the job, the rewards and have plans for more work and expansion for next 15 years.
Old 19-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #113
Kil4Collingwood

Recently quit my work as a plasma/oxy profile cutter and took up a position managing a fruit packing shed.
Long hours and very stressful at times.
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #114
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
There is no comparison to the traditional petrol karts. These things are torquey right off the mark and the acceleration / handling is unbelievable for rental karts!! They even sound like true F1 cars too!!
This, i live in Canberra and it is easily the most fun i have ever had on rent carts. Super fun and pretty fast for what they are. If you go there regularly (we do with work) you can get time packages and it works out to be an ok deal. Flogs your body but, forgot how much decent carts cane you when driving hard.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 02:10 PM   #115
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
How bad do I want a roster!
How's your one work? Mon-fri? We do a 7 day fortnight

69 Camaro, ls1, t56 htv2300 slowly being built

Build thread - http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=12534
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #116
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
psychobimbo - Sweet! I'll have to keep an eye out for your XR8 in the car park then!
Only problem with that is you'll have to leave the 'special' carpark and visit the 'normal' carpark to see it

Will have to catch up at some stage so that we can put faces and names to usernames....call me on x3121 the next time you are on day shift if you like....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #117
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
How's your one work? Mon-fri? We do a 7 day fortnight
Yeah I am 5/2 Mon-Fri.....its balls. Im home every second night.

In theory I can leave around 2PM on a friday if I want but there is usually so much to do its hard.

Biggest skill I am learning (well among them)...saying no and also realizing the mine is 24/7 and it doesnt stop for anyone...it will be there tomorrow so if its not critical dont let it stress you.

Easier said than done though.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 21-03-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #118
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Yeah I am 5/2 Mon-Fri.....its balls. Im home every second night.

In theory I can leave around 2PM on a friday if I want but there is usually so much to do its hard.

Biggest skill I am learning (well among them)...saying no and also realizing the mine is 24/7 and it doesnt stop for anyone...it will be there tomorrow so if its not critical dont let it stress you.

Easier said than done though.
I could do it if I had to again (mon-fri) but there's only really one pit around here that does it for operators. We're home every day/night so that's one bonus. Have about a 50 min drive each way but I carpool with a mate so pretty good.

I started in the store there & moved over. As you said the place doesn't stop. Biggest thing I've noticed about operating to being in the store/customer is once the day ends you go home & not worry about what you've forgotten or haven't done.. It's brilliant

69 Camaro, ls1, t56 htv2300 slowly being built

Build thread - http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=12534
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #119
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My day job is as a sales rep for a lawn and garden products wholesaler. Best part is being paid to drive around all day and building relationships with the customers and helping them to improve their business. The company is a well respected, long established one, the team from the bottom to the top are all on the same page, its awesome.
My other mistress is gardening and property maintenance business I operate on weekends. I have a main client who owns a childcare centre and I look after hers and her families places, and money is no object. Like the variety, one weekend I can be schlepping 10yds of soft fall, or cleaning every flouro light fitting in the place or trimming a 40mt hedge.
My Blower vac gets at least 2 hrs solid work a week keeping the place clean.
I pay a shyte load of tax but it keeps me busy and creative.
From here, my house should be paid off by the time im 55 (36 now) who knows, by then I might be able to ride a mower like forrest gump for 3 days a week.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 21-03-2016, 10:32 PM   #120
Bulletime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
This, i live in Canberra and it is easily the most fun i have ever had on rent carts. Super fun and pretty fast for what they are. If you go there regularly (we do with work) you can get time packages and it works out to be an ok deal. Flogs your body but, forgot how much decent carts cane you when driving hard.

Yeah I've been there a few times too, I think i gave myself whiplash the first time i went there because I didn't realize how quick they were and the slippery concrete combined to me powering through the corner at the end of the straight slamming into the barrier Mario kart style. Bounced off but massive thud. Did it half a lap later too lol. Awesome fun and once I realized it wasn't the same as petrol karts on an outdoor circuit it was alright.

They do sound wicked and accelerate pretty hard, but require a fair bit of finessing through the corners modulating brake and throttle a lot more, also takes a lap or two for the tyres to warm up.

Nice track cars sitting in the viewing area too, looks like it gives u guys some nice toys.
Bulletime is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post