Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #91
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

the worst thing about all these photos, is there was a email going round years ago that said you could see a ghost and hear the ghost if you turned the volume up and stared at a spot on the screen for long enough... must have been on a timer or something cause after bout a minute of trying (the internet was only new to me then lol) and turning the volume up loud a stupid picture of a zombie or something screams at you... scares the crap out of you lol. funny when you get somebody with it tho...

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #92
glavas

when i was 13 (a far few years ago) we were in tassy in some doctors house down at port aurthor were some girl died as a kid. i walked up the stairs follwing my dad he went into the room and said "feel that ay" i went in a i froze. it was cold there was a bed and a rocking chair in the room. it felt like i was standing there for hours but it had only been seconds. i just couldent move i was trying to move my legs to run out but they wouldent move. dad reckons i just walked in then ran out straight away. but i dont remmber leaving the room i just remmber going in freazing not being able to move then just apearing outside crying like a girl.

when my sister died my aunty's friend come over to our house and said who is the little girl running around in the rooms but there was no girl home. my mum just broke down and had a mental breakdown she couldent handle the death of my sister.

i forgot about these stories untill i saw this thread err the saddness is comming back to me.
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #93
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about your sis glavas.
Thats the thing with "ghost" experiences, it usually related with the death of a loved one.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #94
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepSpec
the worst thing about all these photos, is there was a email going round years ago that said you could see a ghost and hear the ghost if you turned the volume up and stared at a spot on the screen for long enough... must have been on a timer or something cause after bout a minute of trying (the internet was only new to me then lol) and turning the volume up loud a stupid picture of a zombie or something screams at you... scares the crap out of you lol. funny when you get somebody with it tho...

You mean like this "spot the difference"

http://suriyanto.net/special/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVbTV7norRM

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 01-03-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #95
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Not even clicking for a quick squizz
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #96
rodderz

I suppose it's hard to believe others, if you haven't experienced any of it yourself. I personally don't believe much of it, aliens and stuff either, until I see it for myself.

Those photo's I reckon are like looking at clouds, if you study them for long enough you see faces and shapes as well. I'm not calling BS, but there are shapes to be made from many things.

Someone mentioned seeing a head in the tombstone pic, it's a tree in the background with grass beneath it and the outline of one of the tombstones makes it look like the outline of the bottom of the neck.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #97
Mad Maxine

Quote:
Those photo's I reckon are like looking at clouds, if you study them for long enough you see faces and shapes as well. I'm not calling BS, but there are shapes to be made from many things.
Yep, that is called Pareidolia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

As for ghost stories, well, here's mine.

Used to live in an old Queenslander at Annerley that had been built by my Great Grandfather in 1897, then passed on to his only daughter, my Grandma, when he died. Two elderly members of my family died of old age in that house, and when it came my time to move in, I knew this but didn't worry about it. I believe there are some things that we cannot explain rationally, and coming from a science background, the things I heard I can't explain.

The laundry was downstairs, directly under the kitchen and bathroom. Several times, while downstairs doing the washing, I heard clear as day, the tread of footsteps moving from the front sleepout, through the dining room, down the hall, and directly overhead, approximately outside the toilet. I had two Rottweilers and anyone who has Rotts will know that they HAVE to be by your side constantly, so I couldn't blame them for making the noises I heard. I thought about the timbers of the old house expanding and contracting, but I've heard that before, and it's a sharper, almost 'crack!' sound or a sort of squeak. Nothing like I heard.

My husband at the time wasn't fazed either, but I think he thought I was imagining it. But two things happened involving the dogs that made us both wonder what the hell was going on. We used to leave the back door wide open whenever we were home, and the dogs used to sleep near the back door at night. One night, we were both watching TV, and the oldest dog, Diesel, woke up from his place at our feet. He jerked up out of sleep, got up, and started growling, and walked towards the corner of the dining room. We thought he'd just woken up from a doggy dream, and laughed and told him to settle down, but he wouldn't. He just froze, stock still, facing the corner, and trust me, there wasn't anything interesting there apart from a corner unit and the phone table, grumbling all the time low in his chest as Rotts do. I got up, and went over to him, and he just sort of looked back over his shoulder at me as if to say "Can't you see/hear that?" and then went back to growling at nothing. After a few minutes, we still couldn't get him to calm down, or stop, and it was getting a bit odd. Then suddenly, he just stopped, wagged his stump furiously and gave us a doggy smile, before ambling back to lie down near the couch.

Some months later, this scenario was repeated, at 11pm with both dogs doing exactly the same thing, hackles up, growling fit to bust, at absolutely nothing in the room. That put the wind up hubby no end, but I said "It's just the Walking Ghost again, I'll bet", half kidding.

But the biggest scare was yet to come. It was my habit to get up about 3am every morning to go to the loo (yeah, I know, too much information). More than half a dozen times, I'd been in that same loo, (and not just at 3 in the morning) and heard the 'ghost footsteps' come from the front of the house as I described earlier, and the 'footsteps' always seemed to end right near the loo door area. At first, I used to think it was hubby, and a couple of times I called out as the steps drew nearer, "What are you doing up?" only to hear the footsteps halt immediately. On returning to bed, hubby would be sound asleep, so it wasn't him, and the dogs were usually sleeping to the left of the loo area, near the back door and they never batted an eyelid.

Anyway, this particular night, it was still as you'd imagine at 3am, and as I was just about to leave the loo, I heard the footsteps approaching again.

Now don't get me wrong, I was simultaneously $h1tting myself, but determined to see if I could see anything, and for the first time was in the exact right spot to maybe see something that could explain the steps. Lucky I'd already 'been' or I might have messed myself. Anyway, as the footsteps got nearer and there was no mistaking they were footsteps, I waited until they were just about outside the loo door and stepped out of the loo.

Imagine my terror when I looked to my right and saw a large, dark figure looming out of the darkness, imagine the incoherent noise of fright I emitted, and then imagine the girly scream that the figure made as we almost came nose to nose at 3am in the dark. It was my husband, going to the loo for the first time ever in 12 years of marriage that our paths crossed at night on the way to/from the toilet.

Having said that and made a bit of a joke of it, everything I've said is fair dinkum. I could share another couple of stories from friends who lived in old homes in Paddington, but maybe another day.

MM

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #98
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
The experiences and stories shared here are common, and true. However are not the effects of "ghosts" from the dead, but from the other life form that has so far been ignored here.
Care to explain?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #99
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think some of these things can be put down to sleep paralysis.

Sleep Paralysis - Wikipedia
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #100
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh that was a laugh Mad Maxine!! hahaha.
It is strange how animals react alarmed to "nothing" like your rotty's barking at the corner and my jack russell barking at my dads favourite outdoor seat.
This thread made me reminisce to my mother about the happenings after my dads death and she said when she was at the hairdressers before the funeral the resident cat kept jumping up on her lap while she was waiting for her hair to dry and meowing at her feet. The hairdressers could not believe it as the cat was so timid and always hid in the office and NEVER approached anyone, only the owner when it was being fed.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #101
XR8putts

During my uni years, I spent five years at the School of Architecture at Carrington, Auckland. Now this building was not like any other, it is an ex-mental assylun built in the 1850s (back then it was called Oakley Mental Hospital). Paitients both sane and otherwise were locked up here from all around the country and given shock therapy, many were killed in the process. This place had seen countless suicides, murders (by staff) and brutal deaths. The building even saw a major fire rip through it killing many paitents which were locked up in their cells and burnt alive. It was eventually decommisioned and shut down by the government when the public grew a conscience. The huge labrynth/maze like building lay dormant for decades.

Today, the brick Italianate-Romanesque building has been restored and is a modern School of Architecture. However it is regarded as being the most haunted building in New Zealand, and the world.

The building has seen numerous documentaries done on it including one by Ghost Hunters. The basement level was never restored or refurbished, instead it was locked up and sealed off. This was where the morgue and electroshock rooms were. Apparently much of the old stuff remains. In my first year, a group of us saw through one of many grates and saw a wall with clear scratch marks, human, on the walls. There were many stories of ghosts and as freshmen we heard them all. The building was the deffinition of spooky, the long coridors and spooky architecture made this place scarey even during the day. The main lecture theatre was actually the old chapel of the assylum, very scary indeed.

If ever there was a place to have a paranormal encounter, it would be this place. Anyone who knows anyone who has studied architecture knows it requires you practically live at uni for 5 years, the degree is like no other in that you spend all your time at uni.

I spent five years studying in the most haunted building in New Zealand. I roamed the barely lit coridors at 3am frequently; I probably did about 100 all-nighters at uni with assignments and studio projects. I was scared sh!tless when I had to goto the bathroom past midnight by myself in my first year, the whole building was like it was a movie set for the next Grudge movie. Don't even get me started when it was windy or raining.

Then:

Having spent 5 years practically living in this mental assylum, I didn't have one single encounter/experience/sighting. Nothing.

Now I am a man of science, but I am (was, I guess) open to the possibilty of ghosts. I have always been intregued by ghost stories and photos, more than likely always will be - but I doubt I'll ever completely believe in ghosts due to my time at uni and the lack of anything. I can't stress how much of a chicken I can be sometimes when it comes to this stuff, but I can't even recall one unexplainable instance in this truely freaky building.

Now:
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #102
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man, I had forgotten about mine... it's been 2 years since I have thought about it. But yeah, my ex and I got seriously hammered by something completely evil one night when we were house sitting an old house. Windows opening and shutting, taps turning on and off, lights so bright they burned my eyes.

OK, it's midnight. I'll finish this one tomorrow so I am able to get sleep. Seriously it was the worst night of my life.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #103
XR8putts

Heh that reminds me, those of you who havn't seen Paranormal Activity (the movie), should.

Watch it alone, with the lights off. Scarey movies don't work on me, but this one did.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #104
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

You cant be serious!

I saw that on the opening day and it was a disgrace, even the cinema staff said they expected complaints.
The scariest part, the bit from the tv ad where he comes backwards at the camera, happens in the last 30 seconds of the film.
Up til then it wasnt even remotely scarey.

In fact the only abnormal thing about Paranormal Activity was the long line of suckers waiting to hand over their hard earned for a ticket

That rubbish made Blair Witch look good and thats saying something.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #105
XR8putts

I watched it on my laptop for free (which I never do but it was given to me) and thought it was decent. Also, sounds like I saw an alternate ending from the one you described.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #106
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Two experiances I have had:

The first was when i was about five i used to go and stay with my Aunty in her flat in St Kilda in Melbourne. I woke up to find an old grey man sitting on the end of my bed just staring at me. I yelled at him and he disappeared.

The next night i went to go down the hall to the bathroom and he walked straight towards me laughing and pointing and just disappeared again.

Never said anything to anyone at the time but was talknig to my aunty last year and she had been visited several times by the same "man". She tried hitting him with a tennis racquet only for him to disappear as well. This was the reason she moved out of the flat.

Second experience was when i rented a house in Armstrong Cres at Modbury north.

Thought it was strange when we moved in that the main bedroom had locks on the outside of the bedroom door right up the top.

Was in bed asleep one night and felt like a knee was pushing me in the chest into the matress. I couldnt move, fearing a home invasion, tired to yell to the mrs but couldnt even get out a squeek. She happened to look over and saw me pushed in to the matress, so she shook me and immediatley i was released?

This happened another 5 times, only ever to me, never her.

Needless to say this was the shortest rental lease we ever had.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #107
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc
Two experiances I have had:

The first was when i was about five i used to go and stay with my Aunty in her flat in St Kilda in Melbourne. I woke up to find an old grey man sitting on the end of my bed just staring at me. I yelled at him and he disappeared.

The next night i went to go down the hall to the bathroom and he walked straight towards me laughing and pointing and just disappeared again.

Never said anything to anyone at the time but was talknig to my aunty last year and she had been visited several times by the same "man". She tried hitting him with a tennis racquet only for him to disappear as well. This was the reason she moved out of the flat.

Second experience was when i rented a house in Armstrong Cres at Modbury north.

Thought it was strange when we moved in that the main bedroom had locks on the outside of the bedroom door right up the top.

Was in bed asleep one night and felt like a knee was pushing me in the chest into the matress. I couldnt move, fearing a home invasion, tired to yell to the mrs but couldnt even get out a squeek. She happened to look over and saw me pushed in to the matress, so she shook me and immediatley i was released?

This happened another 5 times, only ever to me, never her.

Needless to say this was the shortest rental lease we ever had.
i know why it only happened to you . the vision in my head when reading this was a very fat female middle aged ghost performing a 69'er on you .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #108
jonk

Some of you are being complete b-stards about this. See the previous ghost thread that is here on FF from about 2 years ago or so. Use the search function. It's an old thread so don't revive it without permission... like the rules say.

So some of you carry on like alpha males disputing stories & then when, given the chance, you'd fold like tissue paper(ghost seeing). Clarity is best spotted when you least expect it. Opinions count for nothing, neither does your belief system. Seeing distraught home owners go through hell. Not wanting to believe but feeling and even seeing the crap, not every home is pure, not every place is empty.

Dying is not always a complete capture to somewhere else, it's a created procedure that has flaws. Not everyone releases perfectly.

It's a conundrum of teasing and boredom that makes them, ex 3d types, become more interactive to the point that eliciting a response or even shock is food - it's just something that's a mechanism to feed something else.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #109
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
I watched it on my laptop for free (which I never do but it was given to me) and thought it was decent. Also, sounds like I saw an alternate ending from the one you described.
I watched it about a month ago. Was ok in parts but it had the potential to be a lot better. Its not really scary during the movie but it makes you think afterwards.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #110
vik351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
Some of you are being complete b-stards about this. See the previous ghost thread that is here on FF from about 2 years ago or so. Use the search function. It's an old thread so don't revive it without permission... like the rules say.

So some of you carry on like alpha males disputing stories & then when, given the chance, you'd fold like tissue paper(ghost seeing). Clarity is best spotted when you least expect it. Opinions count for nothing, neither does your belief system. Seeing distraught home owners go through hell. Not wanting to believe but feeling and even seeing the crap, not every home is pure, not every place is empty.

Dying is not always a complete capture to somewhere else, it's a created procedure that has flaws. Not everyone releases perfectly.

It's a conundrum of teasing and boredom that makes them, ex 3d types, become more interactive to the point that eliciting a response or even shock is food - it's just something that's a mechanism to feed something else.

Our house is circa 1890...

So who knows who has died in it...

Our bedroom was haunted by the smell of an old man,every night when SWMBO went to bed at night,she would read her book for a while,after about 10 minutes the old man smell would be there... :

We re did the re wiring of the old joint,got rid of the "Baker-light" light socket,and so ended our dead old man smell...

The first old house we bought was a 1920's deceased estate...

vik...No ghost stories from that one either...!!!
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #111
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i know why it only happened to you . the vision in my head when reading this was a very fat female middle aged ghost performing a 69'er on you .

wtf :
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:07 AM   #112
jonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
Our house is circa 1890...

So who knows who has died in it...

Our bedroom was haunted by the smell of an old man,every night when SWMBO went to bed at night,she would read her book for a while,after about 10 minutes the old man smell would be there... :

We re did the re wiring of the old joint,got rid of the "Baker-light" light socket,and so ended our dead old man smell...

The first old house we bought was a 1920's deceased estate...

vik...No ghost stories from that one either...!!!
It's because the electricians, going about they're ways had, interrupted with their goings on into cavity spaces/ceilings, made the person leave. I'd love to know how the neighbours are coping ?

Got a place near Port Adelaide, won't say exactly, that I've quoted for a bust. They've got the smell plus 2 little girls who inhabit one room. The person looking after the place decides still to sleep in that room. Good luck to her.

I was telling a woman the other day about how the most beautiful ghost I'd ever laid eye's on was an 1800's female, who had the typical gusset type thing they wore on their backsides... it looked so 'feminine' ! It grabbed you. You think back then they were so over dressed but it was a life learning moment. It was attractive plus ! Without showing a damn thing.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #113
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would anyone care to buy a couple of ghosts????

Clickity click.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #114
Mad Maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
...the most beautiful ghost I'd ever laid eye's on was an 1800's female, who had the typical gusset type thing they wore on their backsides... it looked so 'feminine' ! It grabbed you. You think back then they were so over dressed but it was a life learning moment. It was attractive plus ! Without showing a damn thing.
That would be a 'bustle', I think. I have a magnet on my fridge with a picture of one of those 'olden days' ladies wearing a dress with a huge bustle, and underneath the picture it says, "Does my bum look big in this?"

MM

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #115
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Yeah I agree, the right woman dressed up in 1800's gear is crazily hot. I thought I better not reply here. But I am.

I have experienced some weird and scary things that I so far have not been able to explain scientifically. Especially an incident I call the gurgle. Will go into more detail in the coming time, maybe someone will provide a posible answer, maybe an alternate answer.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #116
sxckevo
Ford motor company

this thread has gotten very strange in the last few posts :

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #117
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now.

Oo\===/oO
Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #118
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now.
The pipers calling Peuty....
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #119
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

When all are one and one is all........

Oo\===/oO
Old 06-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #120
jonk

Sometime's, you wonder if post's are wasted on people... ? blah.