Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #91
56L
a.k.a PAULY

Default Re: Russian warships bearing down on Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
So where are the Collin's subs?

Just waiting for channel seven to inform us that the RED OCTOBER is there too,one PING please ,just one
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
This user likes this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #92
bungarra

Vlad just wants ot remember the good old days of the Soviet Union and his KGB days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg putin 2.jpg (45.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 15-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #93
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
Vlad just wants ot remember the good old days of the Soviet Union and his KGB days.
I like to see him where that in Brissy today.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #94
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
I will pull you up on that one!

Please do not say no one lifts an eyelids to this? Do not like when something 'worse' is dragged out just to discredit another tragedy. Both as bad as each other and suicide is not brushed under the carpet. Both can be discussed and both are in different ways. Doesn't mean no one cares? It is just not reported which is a decision made and rightly so. Don't know why this came into the discussion or why a comparison should be made.

The liner cannot be blamed. So very basically:

1: It was an open air route which had planes passing at 80,000 feet every few hours

2: The Ukrainians do not have the weapons to take out a plane at 80,000 feet

3: Neither do the rebels.

4: Russia does

So who fired?

The questions does need to be asked for the 38 Australians (and others) who got shot from the air and a finger does need to be pointed .... obviously? If I was a parent I would point fingers. Also ..... you would think that the countries combined intelligence would know more about what happened than you, me or anyone else?

As far as Abbott goes, if he didn't say anything, he would be bashed by the minions .... if he does say something he is still bashed by them. Doesnt matter what he says, he will always be wrong.
How many people are aware of that rate? The only thing the media and Government pushes is stuff like the road toll because you can make money out of pushing things like speed cameras and making people take off 5 or fining for 3km/h over the limit, where as attempting to fix suicide rate involves actually spending decent money.

1. How many airliners are flying this route now?

2. How do we know?

3. They obviously had access to something to shoot it down? If its true they used the BUK to do it.

4. IF they used BUK, maybe Russia supplied weaponry and training but it doesn't mean Russia itself shot it down? The same way the USA is reponsible for training and supporting some groups fighting Syrian Government, is it the USA's responsibility that some joined up to form ISIS? Why aren't we pointing fingers at the USA and their habit of pulling these tricks?

Where have we seen this trick done before and its backfired on us?

Are we talking about the same "intelligence" that said Iraq had WMDs?

This is my opinion, maybe we need to look behind the finger pointing, media accusations, political point scoring and the truth might be buried somewhere in there.

Pointing fingers and blaming someone without proof isn't going to make the situation any better.

I guess this is off topic and probably going to result in a locked thread but if you want to continue the argument or anyone wants to jump in feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 15-11-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 15-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #95
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
I like to see him where that in Brissy today.
I've got one of those hats somewhere, I should go to the G220 wearing it and see if it will get me a gig on Vlad's security detail

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 15-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #96
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
I've got one of those hats somewhere, I should go to the G220 wearing it and see if it will get me a gig on Vlad's security detail
I was more referring to the heat wave in Brissy at the moment, but I'm sure you'd get a few laughs. Me I'm keeping well away from the G20 as I'd rather sit in aircon and talk **** with you guys.

I know Amberley was a bit noisy this morning as I could here all the jet engines going off. I only live about 10 kay from the base.
Old 15-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #97
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not unless Murdoch's papers are actually owned by the State
Murdoch and his lot own the USA don't they mainly.
Old 15-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #98
TRAU BLAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post
Would you think the same if you had parents/grandparents/siblings or children on that flight ?
Yes,everything gets a bit more serious when there is personal involvement.The route the airliner took would have been the normal,regular airway for direct flight between destinations.In hindsight they should have taken an alternative route.Russia is a dark-horse,backing Iran,Syria etc.Didn't they even try to deny that they murdered their own Royal Family of Tsar Nicholas Romanov.
Old 15-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #99
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's OK...they're here to study climate change...
Old 15-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #100
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
It happened in Ukraine, which is having a civil war of sorts and MH17 was flying through a war zone @ 33,000 feet, which contains gear which can take out a plane up to 80,000 feet.

Why where they flying their plane right across a war zone with that sort of weaponry on the ground?

We're blaming and hating on Russia but theres no questions asked to the management of the airliner who decided to fly through there, and they also lost MH370 earlier.

Two strikes for said airliner, and no questions.

Regardless of Russia backing separatists (if the rumours are true), it wasn't Vladimir Putin who ordered it to be shot down so why is this his fault?

What was Tony Abbott's words, something along the lines of poo happens? This isn't the first time a passenger plane has been taken out accidentally and it probably won't be the last. So why are we accusing someone of something we have no proof of? Innocent until proven guilty?
Must of been interesting to fly over the main part of a war zone, good call, if you are into putting one built into a camber and just spin it then point it to your head and pull the trigger. I am sure it could be a buzz but hey if they want to do as such, who is the idiot.
The Air liner is responsible for being there.
No one fly's over the main part of a war zone, the part going for it full on you know, and that is what it was.

Are you going to get on a plane that you know is going to do that, there is no way that I would, I would not even let my dog go over that air space, and if I did I would know who the foolish idiot was.
Old 15-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #101
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Give em Tasmania
can't give them anything, australia has sold everything to the chinese. I read Putin is ex kgb.
Old 15-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #102
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
Yes,everything gets a bit more serious when there is personal involvement.The route the airliner took would have been the normal,regular airway for direct flight between destinations.In hindsight they should have taken an alternative route.Russia is a dark-horse,backing Iran,Syria etc.Didn't they even try to deny that they murdered their own Royal Family of Tsar Nicholas Romanov.
Russia was once run by the Royals and it was called Russia ?
Russia was once run by the commos and it was called Russia.
Russia is not run by commos now and it still is Russia.
Prejudice ?
I can't see a thing to be gained by all the tension of aggression against Putin, All I see of it mainly is that all the good work put into getting rid of communism has been tossed aside and now we have distrust that will take years more to get over.
Old 15-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #103
Itsme
Experienced Member

It will all be over in a few days then Putin & the fleet will be gone. :P
Old 15-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #104
cram_it_frog
wombat

I just saw Obama get out of his limo and the doors are almost a foot think

I wonder how much for one of his wagons bomb proof bullet but the they forgot the most important one for a politicians car and that is is it bulls---t proof and all the hot wind must have a great air con

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
Old 15-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #105
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
ex kgb.
Now thats what they should have called the last Falcon
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #106
cram_it_frog
wombat

I read Putin is ex kgb.

mate from Germany said no such thing as Ex KGB there are KGB for life and he said not the type of guys to mess with

If you cause too many problem they find you a nice little work camp some where it is warmer in your freezer for a long time

There was a documentary on world leaders of www2 and Stalin was one of them

In one scene they tell of a story of a family member come to see Stalin and give him a letter from a member of his own family were taken by KGB to a work camp and in the letter they ask for help getting out of it a female

what does Stalin do send her to a place that is even worse and after 2 months she is still alive so he arranged to have her shot

this guy was cruel and inhumane and that is what most of the KGB are like

I am glad I am not living there

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
Old 15-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #107
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Where are the "Chasers" when we need them ?? Security.. What security...........
Old 15-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #108
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post
I read Putin is ex kgb.

mate from Germany said no such thing as Ex KGB there are KGB for life and he said not the type of guys to mess with

If you cause too many problem they find you a nice little work camp some where it is warmer in your freezer for a long time

There was a documentary on world leaders of www2 and Stalin was one of them

In one scene they tell of a story of a family member come to see Stalin and give him a letter from a member of his own family were taken by KGB to a work camp and in the letter they ask for help getting out of it a female

what does Stalin do send her to a place that is even worse and after 2 months she is still alive so he arranged to have her shot

this guy was cruel and inhumane and that is what most of the KGB are like

I am glad I am not living there
The only difference between Stalin and Hitler is that Stalin trusted his generals. And he wasn't German. Otherwise same *****, same bad smell.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
3 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #109
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Considering the Russians like to put radioactive material in peoples drinks and the fact this was done in another country yeh I don't think they are people you want to mess with...
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Old 15-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #110
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The only difference between Stalin and Hitler is that Stalin trusted his generals. And he wasn't German. Otherwise same *****, same bad smell.
Plenty of differences just none them were good.

Putin doesn't need to do anything he has all the power atm, he's just sitting back a watching everyone else stress out.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 15-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #111
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Hillarious thread......
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #112
XW-BAXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
I disagree, he wants the old royal federation Russia pre communist days. Remember religion wasnt allowed or limited? under communism nor under KGB days, now it's thriving quite well! it's resembling more of the old Russian federation minus the royalty!

Nick.
Old 15-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #113
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Please do not say no one lifts an eyelids to this? Do not like when something 'worse' is dragged out just to discredit another tragedy. Both as bad as each other and suicide is not brushed under the carpet. Both can be discussed and both are in different ways. Doesn't mean no one cares? It is just not reported which is a decision made and rightly so. Don't know why this came into the discussion or why a comparison should be made.

1: It was an open air route which had planes passing at 80,000 feet every few hours

So who fired?

The questions does need to be asked for the 38 Australians (and others) who got shot from the air and a finger does need to be pointed .... obviously? If I was a parent I would point fingers. Also ..... you would think that the countries combined intelligence would know more about what happened than you, me or anyone else?

As far as Abbott goes, if he didn't say anything, he would be bashed by the minions .... if he does say something he is still bashed by them. Doesnt matter what he says, he will always be wrong.

You do know that Ukraine was once part of the USSR? They have all the same weaponry as Russia. It was widely reported at the time that the offending weapon was used by rebels and it was stolen from Ukraine.
Old 15-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #114
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

So who fired?

You sure planes regularly fly at 80,000 feet?

I don't think so...
Old 15-11-2014, 11:43 PM   #115
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Part of the USSR, yes, bit not part of Russia

I exaggerated as it doesn't really matter, they didn't have the capabilities and that seems to be accepted by everyone else.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #116
kingsley1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Where are the "Chasers" when we need them ?? Security.. What security...........
Is the chasers guys on the ships. They couldnt do the same thing again lol
Old 16-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #117
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I CAN HAZ cheap vodka?

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
Old 16-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #118
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Part of the USSR, yes, bit not part of Russia

I exaggerated as it doesn't really matter, they didn't have the capabilities and that seems to be accepted by everyone else.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_mis...stem#Operators

A system developed by the soviets, and still in use by both Russia and the Ukraine

Edit: Also the object claimed to have been used to down MH17.
Old 16-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #119
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Putin says he knows what it is like under communism and does not want the nation to revisit that type of madness again but he also wonders why the west is wanting to become communist (socialist) or why they are on the path to it, as he know what it's like. Putin thinks they are mad (insane).

Last edited by GasoLane; 16-11-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Unnecessary comment
Old 16-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #120
TRAU BLAU

MH17 was probably shot down by the Separatists with Russian army help & their BUK.The Ukrainian conflict continues(4000 dead so far)& Putin could stop it at the snap of his fingers.Maybe the Ruskies just want to show their MACHT; which the West has done with Iraq,Afghanistan,Syria, recurring on.Crazy World(I'm glad bombs arn't exploding in my vicinity!