Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #61
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Dyno numbers are irrelevent. The GT is heavy, in the hands of joe average, its not fast, it doesn't turn well, and due to that extra mass, it uses alot of fuel. Chassis dyno numbers mean SFA, especially comparing two factory cars like that.
Well the GT's i have been in including (284rwkw 13.3 @112 with bolt on's) remembering the Windsor was at the end of it's life span while the boss is detuned and still stronger.
BA GT's go and handle plenty well for my liking, this is a road car not track, dyno numbers prove an engine to more powerfull than another regardless of track times, it shows the 290 Boss is a step forward, if the TE stroker was better why didn't Ford drop it in the BA ?

Quote:
Any way, my point was, the T-Series are an investment, should you keep the car for a while, it will be worth quite a bit.
Well if it's an investment, go and buy a couple so you can live off the resale when you retire. :yeees:

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder, but my main reasons to go the GT is the AU styling is not my cup of tea, and secondly The name GT has no equal in the history of Falcons.

# Edit, sorry for sidetracking this thread, Steffo went fishing and i bit, i'll shut up now.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 18-07-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #62
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
(was it 55rwkw, I can't remember, it might have been)
Just to clear this up, it wasn't 55rwkw it was 51.2rwkw

Me:199.8 Alex:251

Here is the list with all the cars numbers:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...1&postcount=10
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #63
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Well if it's an investment, go and buy a couple so you can live off the resale when you retire. :yeees:
: :

Old 18-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yet they managed to make the GT slower, handle worse and use more petrol?
According to what? first hand experience again??

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=118

Old 18-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #65
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well talk about stir up an angry hornet's nest ing_sm

Well I've checked the situation and I'm looking at $35-40k at the most at the moment, so I would say a secong hand GT would be out of the question at the moment.

I hoping to sell the EB XR8 for for about $10k will all them mods and stereo etc etc.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #66
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where abouts are you located? That might alter price of the second hand market too.
Old 18-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #67
56L
a.k.a PAULY

The name GT might be a part of history but we all have to remember the xr xt xw xy xa xb gt,s made that name with its outright superiority over GMH.
Majority of people whom like the gt usually stating that because its new , i think they are more worried about there image driving a new car , mostly a car for grandstanders,if we actually gave half a about the GT name we wouldnt put it on something until it could kick hsv,s but.Holden made a load of money by relaunching monara and did ford follow suit and slap a badge on a car for the image heads.
A t-series is a t-series nothing more or nothing less its a stand out car which doesnt disrespect past badge names.Its also a car that stood up to hsv fairly and squarely.Its a car for true rev heads not image bandits. :
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #68
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56L
The name GT might be a part of history but we all have to remember the xr xt xw xy xa xb gt,s made that name with its outright superiority over GMH.
Majority of people whom like the gt usually stating that because its new , i think they are more worried about there image driving a new car , mostly a car for grandstanders,if we actually gave half a about the GT name we wouldnt put it on something until it could kick hsv,s but.Holden made a load of money by relaunching monara and did ford follow suit and slap a badge on a car for the image heads.
A t-series is a t-series nothing more or nothing less its a stand out car which doesnt disrespect past badge names.Its also a car that stood up to hsv fairly and squarely.Its a car for true rev heads not image bandits. :
Did you have your hand on your heart and were you facing the Flag whilst reciting that? :sm_drool:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #69
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Easy for me, TE50 all the way.
Its faster, more rare and in my opinion better looking than the BA GT. :

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #70
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
Your not talking about my car and Alexs' car are you ?
You don't mention that his is a modded manual and mine is a stock auto do you.
How many mods does he have(every bolt on that has come out) ?

A stock GT starts off with 40kw more, so really how much better is 55rwkw ????
(was it 55rwkw, I can't remember, it might have been)
This is not what the thread is about so lets not get side tracked.

If your talking about modded cars, the fastest one is the one whose owner has the deepest pockets.

But as I said earlier, drive them both and buy the one that feels better to you and you enjoy driving.
I suppose when you look at the the bigger picture the BA Boss motors are now getting some real recognition here in OZ.Chris has cracked a 12 sec pass in a 260 XR8 a BOSS 290 Pursuit has also cracked a mid 12 and i managed a whopping 112 MPH pass in one. : All these cars are Un-opened.If i was going to spend me money on either of these cars the BOSS has much more potential and as they are getting much more popular the aftermarket crowd are giving us what we really want : .So for a vechile that will eventually be a great car to mod and easily get the HP the BOSS powered vechiles are the norm.I also find it hard to believe that some here actually think the T3 or even the later GT's will be an investement.Both these cars will be worthless in years to come.Well i guess if they couldn't even sell them who the hell would want one in years to come : .Both these vechiles have no racing heritage so the GT in my opinion might be the one that will be worth a couple of dollars in the end because it wears the mighty GT badge. :jab:
I also believe that the final decision in purchasing either of these great FORD products will be the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.If you have the money buy the GT it's quite simple. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #71
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

the difference is thr noise get some one to drive past you at wot in both cars and ull fall in love with the t3 looks way tougher only thing that holds it back is the dash, but the rest is awsome and if u can find ts50 ur basically purchasing a mk1 ba-gtp instead in an au shape with the stroker engine instead. the features of the 2 cars are very similar and whos to say that the windsor doesnt have a load of aftermarket support??? look at the minigator for example....

in conclusion im an eseries man through and through but id go the ts50 anyday
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 08:46 PM   #72
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Dyno numbers are irrelevent. The GT is heavy, in the hands of joe average, its not fast, it doesn't turn well, and due to that extra mass, it uses alot of fuel. Chassis dyno numbers mean SFA, especially comparing two factory cars like that.

Any way, my point was, the T-Series are an investment, should you keep the car for a while, it will be worth quite a bit.
Hi Steffo, i disagree with the fuel usage.What facts are you going off?If the Boss GT isn't fast then it makes the T3 a slug.The Boss GT is the Fastest OZ FORD ever build.I am going on Facts not fiction.Please give me some fuel consumption figures on both vechiles this will be quite interesting. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 18-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #73
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
the difference is thr noise get some one to drive past you at wot in both cars and ull fall in love with the t3 looks way tougher only thing that holds it back is the dash, but the rest is awsome and if u can find ts50 ur basically purchasing a mk1 ba-gtp instead in an au shape with the stroker engine instead. the features of the 2 cars are very similar and whos to say that the windsor doesnt have a load of aftermarket support??? look at the minigator for example....

in conclusion im an eseries man through and through but id go the ts50 anyday
The Miniginator is an awesome vechile and so is any T3.I was just refering in how quick these Boss engined vechiles are evolving with the aftermarket crowd.The Windsor motor has plenty of potential but it's the un-opened Boss engines that have me excited. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 18-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #74
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Hi Steffo, i disagree with the fuel usage.What facts are you going off?If the Boss GT isn't fast then it makes the T3 a slug.The Boss GT is the Fastest OZ FORD ever build.I am going on Facts not fiction.Please give me some fuel consumption figures on both vechiles this will be quite interesting. :
BAII FPV GT = 15.3 litres/100km combined average (Carsales Research Cars section Link)

AUIII Ford TE50 = 15.0 litres/100km city cycle, 9.0 litres/100km highway cycle - which would be 12 litres/100km combind average (15+9 = 24/2 = 12). Link

And the GT isn't the fastest factory built Falcon ever. Its no faster then the TE50 was. They're both equal in magazine times, and in strip times by private owners. Unless you've got proof that the GT is faster then the TE50.

If you want to argue fast factory stock cars though.. a PhaseIII or PhaseII GT-HO on modern rubber would humiliate them both....
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #75
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Anyways, cars like the RPO 83 were very understated back in the day, no one knew what they were, but they're climbing in value today. And the "Phase 1.5 GT-HO", which was made halfway between PhaseI (300hp 351W) and PhaseII (367hp 351C).. with the same 300hp from a 351C instead of a 351W. They never raced that model though.. but yeah, they're not well known and yet they're worth a fair amount. TE50/TS50/TL50 will be worth alot in years to come.

The Early XR-XBGT's are collectable and rapidly climbing in value for 2 very basic reasons:

1) They were the PIONEERS of the Musclecar era in Australia.

and

2) The roadcars were direct decendants of the racecars that dominated the touringcar racing scene, especially the iconic Bathurst.

And thats pretty much it in a nutshell.

Neither the AUT3 or BAGT (or anything else after 1976 for that matter) can copy or piggyback off either of those 2 things now and thats why i really doubt you'll see any significant recovery in their second hand or collectability values.
Totally different cars from totally different eras.

Last edited by 4Vman; 18-07-2005 at 09:12 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #76
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
According to what? first hand experience again??

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=118
Yep, keep calling on that, it seems to be the only thing you can do. By the way, you might want to alter your signature a little...

:
Old 18-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #77
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
If you want to argue fast factory stock cars though.. a PhaseIII or PhaseII GT-HO on modern rubber would humiliate them both....
Not on quoted figures they wouldn't, and you forgot the fuel specs on these fine old Falcons 3mpg anyone?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #78
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And the GT isn't the fastest factory built Falcon ever. Its no faster then the TE50 was. They're both equal in magazine times, and in strip times by private owners. Unless you've got proof that the GT is faster then the TE50.
Absolutely and Totally wrong Steffo.

what on earth do you base your claims on?
How is 13.8 BAGT V 14.1 T3 (both are the BEST times ive seen for these cars officially recorded from the same mag) Slower?
Now if you want to talk unofficial times you guys claim Bowe did a 13.8 in the T3, well ok fine, a guy at WSID did 13.56 in a BOG STOCK BAGT. its been proven to be correct.
So again, how is that slower?

Last edited by 4Vman; 18-07-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 18-07-2005, 09:13 PM   #79
Steffo
LPG > You

[QUOTE=4Vman]
Quote:

QUOTE]

Absolutely and Totally wrong Steffo.

How is 13.8 BAGT V 14.1 T3 (both are the BEST times ive seen for these cars officially recorded from the same mag) Slower?
Now if you want to talk unofficial times you guys claim Bowe did a 13.8 in the T3, well ok fine, a guy at WSID did 13.56 in a BOG STOCK BAGT. its been proven to be correct.
So again, how is that slower?
I've never said anything about Bowe doing 13.8 in a T3, don't confuse me with whoever you seem to call "you guys."

I have heard, however, of a stock TE50 that did a 13.5 something on the old FF. They're pretty much the same, when it comes to strip times.

And if you wanna go by magazine times.. your signature should read XR6 Turbo as the fastest Falcon ever.. 13.87 @ 164km/h by Street Machine.. thats a hundredth faster then Motor's 13.88 GT run. Oops.

Anyway.. we've gone a bit off track here haven't we?

:
Old 18-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #80
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've never said anything about Bowe doing 13.8 in a T3, don't confuse me with whoever you seem to call "you guys."

I have heard, however, of a stock TE50 that did a 13.5 something on the old FF. They're pretty much the same, when it comes to strip times.

And if you wanna go by magazine times.. your signature should read XR6 Turbo as the fastest Falcon ever.. 13.87 @ 164km/h by Street Machine.. thats a hundredth faster then Motor's 13.88 GT run. Oops.

Anyway.. we've gone a bit off track here haven't we?

Sorry mate, i dont buy RicerMachine magazine, i lost interest in it after they started featuring XY's with 19" wheels!! :
Anyway, you use mags to support all your opinions dont you? Besides you dragged us off track!!! but i agree, lets keep it on track! :Reverend:

Last edited by 4Vman; 18-07-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 18-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #81
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Meh this thread is ruined yet again by the figures nancy....

Get the hell over figures...

If every fool bought a car just because motor claimed to have done a certain quarter mile time in it then the world would be literally f*$&%...

Im seriously over these kinds of threads, please come back to earth.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:24 PM   #82
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
If every fool bought a car just because motor claimed to have done a certain quarter mile time in it then the world would be literally f*$&%...
Sad thing is... thousands of Aussies do. That's the only way I can explain VY/VZ outselling BA...

:
Old 18-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #83
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Yep, keep calling on that, it seems to be the only thing you can do. By the way, you might want to alter your signature a little...
It's ok, i altered mine...... :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #84
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
It's ok, i altered mine...... :
:nutsycuck Nice alteration in that second quote :

:
Old 18-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #85
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Sad thing is... thousands of Aussies do. That's the only way I can explain VY/VZ outselling BA...
Bah no..

Alot of the explaination with respect to the VY/VZ series cars selling better then the Falcon is that they are cheaper for fleet companies to buy... and are prone to better resale value... Model for Model XR's and FPV's are out doing HSV's etc...

You only have to look around... every fleet car is a Holden, at the same time most of the more expensive Aussie built cars I see are XRs/FPV's, you hardly see any new SS's anymore. ing_sm
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #86
gtcobra

just bought myself a ba xr8 and its the sweetest thing i got my moneysworth sure did.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #87
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Bah no..

Alot of the explaination with respect to the VY/VZ series cars selling better then the Falcon is that they are cheaper for fleet companies to buy... and are prone to better resale value... Model for Model XR's and FPV's are out doing HSV's etc...

You only have to look around... every fleet car is a Holden, at the same time most of the more expensive Aussie built cars I see are XRs/FPV's, you hardly see any new SS's anymore. ing_sm
Very true, fleet sales can bias sales figures.
The higher spec sales are going Fords way no doubt.
Believe it or not i reakon ive only seen 2 or 3 VZ 297 Clubsports on the road since its release but heaps and Heaps of BAGT's and even more XR series BA's compares to SV8/SS dunnydores.

Old 18-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #88
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Get A Typhooooooooon!!
Old 18-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #89
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcobra
just bought myself a ba xr8 and its the sweetest thing i got my moneysworth sure did.

Welcome to the forums gtcobra : , congrates on the new ride. They sure have the sound and the feel of tuff eight those boss engines. Threads of this nature tend to turn a bit sour : but in the end were all ford fans. :

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 10:29 PM   #90
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Very true, fleet sales can bias sales figures.
The higher spec sales are going Fords way no doubt.
Believe it or not i reakon ive only seen 2 or 3 VZ 297 Clubsports on the road since its release but heaps and Heaps of BAGT's and even more XR series BA's compares to SV8/SS dunnydores.
Interesting thing I wanted to say.. ever since the VZ Clubsport came out.. I've started seeing a huge amount of VY Clubsports everywhere... its almost as if every man and his dog's got one now. I saw like four today alone..

: